BT Development Mentor Program Archives » More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 102

2017-07-14 12:14 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed

Originally posted by brigby1

All the rain recently and seems a fair part of the county is going underwater. Pics & vids looking like Holland with roads being under. I'm fine as the river that's doing this is a bit farther from me.

Apparently the county may have declared disaster. Some vids and pics.

My sister is back visiting and in trying to go visit some friends has been trying to figure out what bridges aren't underwater to get there. I don't know if any actually were, but they're close.

Scary!  Please stay safe, dry, and out of the mess if possible.

2017-07-14 12:19 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

July 15-16
No known racers this week

Is anyone racing?

July 16 is Darren's birthday

2017-07-14 12:47 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

July 15-16

Is anyone racing?

Happy Birthday Darren!

I'm happy there's no DL on the list
2017-07-14 12:50 PM
in reply to: marysia83

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by marysia83

Racing Manatees!!!

July 15-16

Is anyone racing?

Happy Birthday Darren! I'm happy there's no DL on the list

With the lack of comment I'm wondering if that's what Darren's birthday is being considered?

2017-07-14 12:52 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

July 15-16

Is anyone racing?

Happy Birthday Darren! I'm happy there's no DL on the list

With the lack of comment I'm wondering if that's what Darren's birthday is being considered?

Darren who?

(joking, Darren, joking)

2017-07-14 1:20 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!!!

July 15-16

Is anyone racing?

What?! Not a single racer!! Boo!

Happy early bday Darren!

2017-07-14 1:35 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by amd723

Racing Manatees!!!

July 15-16

Is anyone racing?

Happy early bday Darren!

I bet I could find something going on this weekend, if necessary
2017-07-14 1:37 PM

Master
Northern IL

Racing Manatees!!!

July 15-16

Is anyone racing?

Happy early bday Darren!

Strava segment hunting?

2017-07-14 3:04 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado

Racing Manatees!!!

July 15-16

Is anyone racing?

Happy early bday Darren!

Strava segment hunting?

Close enough I'm going for a long bike ride with my crush, thus, it will have the race adrenaline for sure (I have never rode such distance, so I better don't die...)
2017-07-14 3:28 PM

Master
Northern IL

Racing Manatees!!!

July 15-16

Is anyone racing?

Happy early bday Darren!

Strava segment hunting?

Close enough I'm going for a long bike ride with my crush, thus, it will have the race adrenaline for sure (I have never rode such distance, so I better don't die...)

You'll have to put him in his place at some point.

2017-07-14 6:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Racing Manatees!!!

July 15-16

Is anyone racing?

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Darren

2017-07-15 5:36 AM

User image

Racing Manatees!!!

July 15-16

Is anyone racing?

Happy Birthday Darren!

Have a great weekend everybody!!
2017-07-15 8:14 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Racing Manatees!!!

July 15-16

Is anyone racing?

No racers!!!!!

At least no DL for now.. Let's keep this up.

Happy birthday tomorrow Darren.

2017-07-15 12:26 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Hello everybody! I'm back from my many months long hiatus and I want to explain why I drifted off. School has definitely been the main culprit. I had virtually no free time and I couldn't have the forum up during class (:. When summer started, I started looking for a job (I'm finally old enough now that I'm 16) but nothing fell through. Through all that I kind of forgot about BT but still kept strava going to track workouts and still be part of the manatee group. I start my junior year on August 10th (way too early to me) and will definitely stay with strava, but I don't see BT happening. I'll still be active with the group giving kudos and comments and everything, but I can't really manage more once school starts. It's great checking in with you guys and I'll try to be a part of the forum as long as I can. My training's going really well, I'm still with the Tri4Him junior team, and I have TriWaco sprint coming up next Sunday!
P.S. HBD Darren!

Edited by CRFTX2001 2017-07-15 12:27 PM
2017-07-15 1:34 PM
in reply to: CRFTX2001

Master
Northern IL

Nice to hear from you again Connor!

2017-07-15 1:39 PM

Master
Northern IL

Racing Manatees!!!

July 15-16

Is anyone racing?

Happy early bday Darren!

Strava segment hunting?

In virtual racing, was a few seconds short on a 6.4 mile section I'd been wanting to go after for some time. Still happy to hold a 27.1 mph ave and held more power than planned with less difficulty than expected, so fitness is coming back quite fast on the bike. Did manage to take a short uphill KOM.

2017-07-15 10:25 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Proof of life here--have been busy with training and helping my parents get ready for their move to Idaho (which isn't happening until mid-September, but packing my stuff and things they won't be needing till then) and just haven't had much to say or time to say it! I don't think I'm going to want to look at a box for a long, long time after the past few months. Congrats to all on their various race accomplishments!

Hoping to race next weekend (hometown Oly on Saturday). I've been having some issues with Morton's neuroma (no, not some horrible kind of cancer, basically an irritated nerve beneath my toes) which I think I aggravated at CDA (long transition with some running on cement and over tree roots). I can run but it's kind of painful at times, especially on pavement and not gonna think about racing flats or going barefoot. The Oly run is partly on dirt roads and transition is very compact--hoping I can handle it as it may be my last chance to do the race (one of my favorites) for the forseeable future. I'll probably take more time off running after that and see if I can get it under control.
2017-07-16 5:12 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by Hot Runner

Proof of life here--have been busy with training and helping my parents get ready for their move to Idaho (which isn't happening until mid-September, but packing my stuff and things they won't be needing till then) and just haven't had much to say or time to say it! I don't think I'm going to want to look at a box for a long, long time after the past few months. Congrats to all on their various race accomplishments!

Hoping to race next weekend (hometown Oly on Saturday). I've been having some issues with Morton's neuroma (no, not some horrible kind of cancer, basically an irritated nerve beneath my toes) which I think I aggravated at CDA (long transition with some running on cement and over tree roots). I can run but it's kind of painful at times, especially on pavement and not gonna think about racing flats or going barefoot. The Oly run is partly on dirt roads and transition is very compact--hoping I can handle it as it may be my last chance to do the race (one of my favorites) for the forseeable future. I'll probably take more time off running after that and see if I can get it under control.
oh no I can think of other ways I'm sure you would prefer to spend your summer, but I'm equally as sure that your parents are greatful for the help.
2017-07-16 5:34 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Just a quick update from me and the other turtles

I am lacking motivation to go out in the very dark and cold at present. Also all of our dogs are in season so everyone is separated and not happy about it. To make it worse we had to bring one of our puppies home, so we now also have a 3 year old male in the house that hasn't been sterilised. It's like supervising an extremely horny pack of teenagers.

Work has also been ridiculously busy leaving me no time to post, or run at lunch time. I have kept up with the manatee action though but only because as normal manatee traffic slows down when you guys are at the height of summer cause you are all outside.

Mum hurt her knee a couple of weeks before our marathon, but her Chiro also has a degree in physio and sports science and is a runner and she got her through it but she was then ordered to not run for 2 weeks to let it heal up in time for our next race st the end of August.

Mum and I aren't sure yet if we are going to do the half or the full. Not sure if we want to or need to do another full before Disney, especially since the race at the end of August is very hilly in the back half (the half is just hilly the whole way). I am in two minds because I want to try ang get my half time under 2:30 but I also want to get my full time under 6. I'm gonna have to get running to achieve either of those and I will need to make a decision in the next couple of weeks. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

E has been back in Ireland for the last week and a half as her aunt (who pretty much raised her) is in the end stages of cancer so she went back to say goodbye. She comes home today feeling very heart broken. I think running has kept her sane. She also managed to run over there a few times with an old friend. They have both taken up running since she left, so it has been the first time they have ever run together so that was pretty cool for her.

K had her surgery last week and unfortunately they couldn't do it via keyhole, so she is out of action running wise for around 6-8 weeks, and work wise for probably 4-6, which will make me even busier. She has really surprised me though and is setting herself goals for walking a certain number of steps every day. I think watching E recover so well from her surgery in January is motivating her.

So that's us in a nutshell.

Have a great day
2017-07-17 2:26 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Originally posted by StaceyK

Just a quick update from me and the other turtles

I am lacking motivation to go out in the very dark and cold at present. Also all of our dogs are in season so everyone is separated and not happy about it. To make it worse we had to bring one of our puppies home, so we now also have a 3 year old male in the house that hasn't been sterilised. It's like supervising an extremely horny pack of teenagers.

Work has also been ridiculously busy leaving me no time to post, or run at lunch time. I have kept up with the manatee action though but only because as normal manatee traffic slows down when you guys are at the height of summer cause you are all outside.

Mum hurt her knee a couple of weeks before our marathon, but her Chiro also has a degree in physio and sports science and is a runner and she got her through it but she was then ordered to not run for 2 weeks to let it heal up in time for our next race st the end of August.

Mum and I aren't sure yet if we are going to do the half or the full. Not sure if we want to or need to do another full before Disney, especially since the race at the end of August is very hilly in the back half (the half is just hilly the whole way). I am in two minds because I want to try ang get my half time under 2:30 but I also want to get my full time under 6. I'm gonna have to get running to achieve either of those and I will need to make a decision in the next couple of weeks. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

E has been back in Ireland for the last week and a half as her aunt (who pretty much raised her) is in the end stages of cancer so she went back to say goodbye. She comes home today feeling very heart broken. I think running has kept her sane. She also managed to run over there a few times with an old friend. They have both taken up running since she left, so it has been the first time they have ever run together so that was pretty cool for her.

K had her surgery last week and unfortunately they couldn't do it via keyhole, so she is out of action running wise for around 6-8 weeks, and work wise for probably 4-6, which will make me even busier. She has really surprised me though and is setting herself goals for walking a certain number of steps every day. I think watching E recover so well from her surgery in January is motivating her.

So that's us in a nutshell.

Have a great day

Wow you have got a lot on your plate at the moment. Thinking of you and wishing you a great day and week!!
2017-07-17 2:29 AM

User image

I did a rather stupid thing this morning when out on the bike, was looking at the sun coming up over the hills (great sight) unclipped my foot when coming to a junction then tried to put the wrong foot down and feel sideways on the the road. So happy it was 5am and no cars about to see my embarrasment at lying on the floor or my laughing at myself whilst still lying there! Anybody else done anything dumb like that?

Edited by tomsimper 2017-07-17 2:30 AM

2017-07-17 3:02 AM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Originally posted by tomsimperI did a rather stupid thing this morning when out on the bike, was looking at the sun coming up over the hills (great sight) unclipped my foot when coming to a junction then tried to put the wrong foot down and feel sideways on the the road. So happy it was 5am and no cars about to see my embarrasment at lying on the floor or my laughing at myself whilst still lying there! Anybody else done anything dumb like that?
The amount of times I've turtled at a set of lights doesn't bear thinking about I did it once climbing a hill whilst trying to pick some nuts off overhanging trees. Just so happened a bus full of school kids was there to watch me Thank you for the birthday wishes. I think I need a recovery (sobering) week now.

Edited by Richardsdrr 2017-07-17 3:03 AM
2017-07-17 6:28 AM
in reply to: tomsimper

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by tomsimper I did a rather stupid thing this morning when out on the bike, was looking at the sun coming up over the hills (great sight) unclipped my foot when coming to a junction then tried to put the wrong foot down and feel sideways on the the road. So happy it was 5am and no cars about to see my embarrasment at lying on the floor or my laughing at myself whilst still lying there! Anybody else done anything dumb like that?

Mine was at a light on a group ride. Good times, good times.

2017-07-17 7:58 AM
in reply to: CRFTX2001

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by CRFTX2001 Hello everybody! I'm back from my many months long hiatus and I want to explain why I drifted off. School has definitely been the main culprit. I had virtually no free time and I couldn't have the forum up during class (:. When summer started, I started looking for a job (I'm finally old enough now that I'm 16) but nothing fell through. Through all that I kind of forgot about BT but still kept strava going to track workouts and still be part of the manatee group. I start my junior year on August 10th (way too early to me) and will definitely stay with strava, but I don't see BT happening. I'll still be active with the group giving kudos and comments and everything, but I can't really manage more once school starts. It's great checking in with you guys and I'll try to be a part of the forum as long as I can. My training's going really well, I'm still with the Tri4Him junior team, and I have TriWaco sprint coming up next Sunday! P.S. HBD Darren!

Thanks for checking in, Connor!  I look forward to seeing you on the Strava threads!

2017-07-17 7:59 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner Proof of life here--have been busy with training and helping my parents get ready for their move to Idaho (which isn't happening until mid-September, but packing my stuff and things they won't be needing till then) and just haven't had much to say or time to say it! I don't think I'm going to want to look at a box for a long, long time after the past few months. Congrats to all on their various race accomplishments! Hoping to race next weekend (hometown Oly on Saturday). I've been having some issues with Morton's neuroma (no, not some horrible kind of cancer, basically an irritated nerve beneath my toes) which I think I aggravated at CDA (long transition with some running on cement and over tree roots). I can run but it's kind of painful at times, especially on pavement and not gonna think about racing flats or going barefoot. The Oly run is partly on dirt roads and transition is very compact--hoping I can handle it as it may be my last chance to do the race (one of my favorites) for the forseeable future. I'll probably take more time off running after that and see if I can get it under control.

Take care!

I do hope that you're able to do the Oly. It might not be your hometown anymore after this year (assuming that you'll be summering in Boise after this year).

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed Rss Feed  

of 102