BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-03-27 11:40 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work)

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by bcraht

TJ, I have got nothing on the MCT oil.  I have started cooking more with coconut oil and love it though.

I am happy to report that my ride this morning was much less uncomfortable than the last two.  

I guess "less uncomfortable" is a start

I'm hoping that "less uncomfortable" is a heckuva lot better than what you went through the other day?   

2014-03-27 11:44 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

[Rant] More fun at work...  

The same assistant from the other day emails me this morning to say that she can't find a certain file in a client's internal filing system and she's checked everywhere for it under the lawyer's name.  The only problem with that is there are FOURTEEN different search parameters for finding a file in the client's filing system.  She could have searched by our file number, part of our file number, the client's file number, part of the client's file number, the application number, the filing date, the type of application, the type of technology of the application, etc., etc., etc.   [/Rant]

I figure I'm now going to measure time in how long it is until I can have a drink... T-minus 4 hours and 16 minutes. 

2014-03-27 11:53 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Happy Friday Eve Manatees.

Forgot to ask y'all about this yesterday... DH, DS2 and I went to the Southwest Chocolate and Coffee Festival over the weekend. It was pretty awesome! Anyway... one of the coffees we tried was called Caveman Coffee. The coffee itself is very good, we bought a bag, but at the festival they served it blended with butter (yum) and MCT oil. Obviously based on the name of the company they are Paleo focused. Apparently MCT is a derivative of coconut oil so I am wondering about the differences between the two. I replicated their recipe using coconut oil and it was good so I'm wondering more for the health benefit aspect. Thoughts? Anyone heard of it? I thought maybe some of our NSNG folks might have.

A chocolate and coffee festival sounds like pretty much the best thing ever!  But why, oh why, would you put butter in coffee??  Before this post I had never heard of MCT, so I can't offer you any insight.

2014-03-27 11:55 AM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by bcraht

TJ, I have got nothing on the MCT oil.  I have started cooking more with coconut oil and love it though.

I am happy to report that my ride this morning was much less uncomfortable than the last two.  

That's kind of faint praise, but i guess things are moving in the right direction!

2014-03-27 11:56 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

The same assistant from the other day emails me this morning to say that she can't find a certain file in a client's internal filing system and she's checked everywhere for it under the lawyer's name.  The only problem with that is there are FOURTEEN different search parameters for finding a file in the client's filing system.  She could have searched by our file number, part of our file number, the client's file number, part of the client's file number, the application number, the filing date, the type of application, the type of technology of the application, etc., etc., etc.   [/Rant]

I figure I'm now going to measure time in how long it is until I can have a drink... T-minus 4 hours and 16 minutes. 

I sometimes measure time that way too

2014-03-27 11:59 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by amd723

Forgot to ask y'all about this yesterday... DH, DS2 and I went to the Southwest Chocolate and Coffee Festival over the weekend. It was pretty awesome! Anyway... one of the coffees we tried was called Caveman Coffee. The coffee itself is very good, we bought a bag, but at the festival they served it blended with butter (yum) and MCT oil. Obviously based on the name of the company they are Paleo focused. Apparently MCT is a derivative of coconut oil so I am wondering about the differences between the two. I replicated their recipe using coconut oil and it was good so I'm wondering more for the health benefit aspect. Thoughts? Anyone heard of it? I thought maybe some of our NSNG folks might have.

A chocolate and coffee festival sounds like pretty much the best thing ever!  But why, oh why, would you put butter in coffee??  Before this post I had never heard of MCT, so I can't offer you any insight.

The festival was amazing! I was soooooo caffiened up from all the samples! We came home with coffees and chocolates, and chocolates, and coffees... Anyway, I was skeptical about the butter as well but it is sooo good. I usually take my coffee black but once in a while am in a mood for cream. Well this is essentially the paleo version of cream on steroids. You put the hot prepared coffee (from a french press) in a blender with the butter and oil and whalla, amazing coffee!

2014-03-27 12:03 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

The festival was amazing! I was soooooo caffiened up from all the samples! We came home with coffees and chocolates, and chocolates, and coffees... Anyway, I was skeptical about the butter as well but it is sooo good. I usually take my coffee black but once in a while am in a mood for cream. Well this is essentially the paleo version of cream on steroids. You put the hot prepared coffee (from a french press) in a blender with the butter and oil and whalla, amazing coffee!

That sounds like the best festival EVER!!  I haven't heard of butter in coffee before, but I have a few friends that will do the coconut oil in their coffee, put it into the blender for a few seconds and out comes frothy, delicious coffee.  I haven't tried it yet though, mainly because I'm afraid it will taste like coconut and I HATE coconut.  

2014-03-27 12:04 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

I'm now at less than 3 hours... and one of those hours will be spent at the chiropractor's office getting another adjustment!  YAY!  

2014-03-27 12:05 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

That sounds like the best festival EVER!!  I haven't heard of butter in coffee before, but I have a few friends that will do the coconut oil in their coffee, put it into the blender for a few seconds and out comes frothy, delicious coffee.  I haven't tried it yet though, mainly because I'm afraid it will taste like coconut and I HATE coconut.  

I think I got an ever so slight hint of coconut when I tried it with coconut oil but got zero coconut flavor from the MCT

2014-03-27 12:23 PM

User image

Master

A friend of mine doing Paleo says she puts a bit of coconut oil and cinnamon in her coffee. Seems the oil richens it "like" creamer would, but with better fat and obviously no milk/lactose. I haven't heard of MCT, but here's a couple of links to coconut/MCT/butter coffees (granted there are "ads", can be interesting):

http://wellnessmama.com/5673/the-only-way-i-drink-coffee/

http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-deal-with-butter-in-coffee-190911

http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1g474w/

2014-03-27 12:24 PM

User image

Seattle

Alright, major brag alert. Some of our guys raced a hilly HM over the weekend as a tuneup (One of them won, with 108:30) but notably, Ari ran with Aaron tethered to him. Aaron is legally blind (oh, and a triathlete gunnin' for Rio '16) Together they finished 12/13 at 1:16:51

PS I apologize for jacking this photo

2014-03-27 12:26 PM

User image

Master

I think I got an ever so slight hint of coconut when I tried it with coconut oil but got zero coconut flavor from the MCT

I LOVE coconut, and was a bit disappointed that there wasn't much coconut flavor when I tried it in my coffee a couple of times. I wasn't thrilled with it, but maybe blended would change my opinion.

2014-03-27 12:31 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Alright, major brag alert. Some of our guys raced a hilly HM over the weekend as a tuneup (One of them won, with 108:30) but notably, Ari ran with Aaron tethered to him. Aaron is legally blind (oh, and a triathlete gunnin' for Rio '16) Together they finished 12/13 at 1:16:51

Wow! That's amazing.

And sometimes pics need jacking for major brags 

2014-03-27 12:31 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

That is so much pure awesomeness!!!!!!!!! I'll be watching for Aaron in '16!

2014-03-27 12:33 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Dude - that's totally worth a brag!!  

1) I can't even imagine being able to finish a HM in 1:16:51... EVER

2) To also accomplish this as a TEAM is fantastic

3) I'll keep my eye out for updates on Rio!  (and you should tell him to find Yanti when he's there, I think she has a soft spot for blind guys)   

2014-03-27 12:34 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

I LOVE coconut, and was a bit disappointed that there wasn't much coconut flavor when I tried it in my coffee a couple of times. I wasn't thrilled with it, but maybe blended would change my opinion.

Sorry, I haven't yet figured out to quote just the last post

I haven't tried the coffee with just the coconut oil. I'll have to give that a go tomorrow.

BTW the people who organized the ORFB are from England so I got to enjoy their accents and sayings on Monday. They were "eating rubbish from the petro stations" and they "reversed the car" and of course they "gave it a go". Love it!

2014-03-27 12:40 PM
in reply to: kgore

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

This picture appeared on the ORFB FaceBook page with the following caption: For anyone that has not yet run a stage and done a handoff for ORFB, this is how its done! Tight hugs and happiness! This is TJ to Beth, stage 94 to 95.

That is DH and DS2 in the pic with us.

(orfbhug.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
orfbhug.JPG (161KB - 5 downloads)
2014-03-27 12:54 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Wow, that is worth the brag and the jack!
2014-03-27 12:55 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

This picture appeared on the ORFB FaceBook page with the following caption: For anyone that has not yet run a stage and done a handoff for ORFB, this is how its done! Tight hugs and happiness! This is TJ to Beth, stage 94 to 95.

That's great!
2014-03-27 12:55 PM

User image

Seattle

Super cool!

2014-03-27 12:58 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

I'm now at less than 3 hours... and one of those hours will be spent at the chiropractor's office getting another adjustment!  YAY!  

Does your chiro serve wine? It would be perfect if he did. In fact, you should mention that to him, I bet he'd increase his client base exponentially!

2014-03-27 1:03 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Ah, screw it.  It's 5:00 somewhere!

If TJ can put butter in her coffee, you can certainly doctor yours up as needed ;-)

Speaking of doctor's how's your back?

2014-03-27 1:05 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Monica - how go the chiro appts? Any improvement yet?

TJ - your pic is 101% awesome!

Adrienne - your friend is 102% awesome, both of them!

BTW TJ, the route doesn't pass us, but sis and I are doing this race: http://www.swflymca.org/programs/boston-strong-memorial-run/

Edited by cdban66 2014-03-27 1:07 PM
2014-03-27 1:05 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Woo hoo!  Competition for Yanti's team :-)

2014-03-27 1:06 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Nicely done TJ!

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED) Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21

Started by McFuzz
Views: 25109 Posts: 509

2014-10-29 11:38 AM McFuzz

Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37450 Posts: 779

2014-05-23 8:02 PM Pink Socks

The Other Way - Training by Feeling and Racing to Train - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12

Started by pfomalont
Views: 17681 Posts: 299

2014-05-19 7:15 AM marriedthepoolguy

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.