BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-09-27 5:07 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Originally posted by popsracer

Thank you for being such a great pod.  You all mean the world to me and your loving kindness truly makes a difference.  I believe that things happen for a reason and for the last six years this has made me appreciate and savor every stroke, pedal, and step of what I love to do.  We are all pretty fortunate to be able to do what we do and even more so to have such great friends to share it with.  I'm not going to say much more about it all as I prefer to just carry on. 

...and biking... and running   Your amazing attitude and outlook uplift everyone around you.

2015-09-27 5:47 PM
in reply to: #5143135

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
My XC was awesome!!! I had so much fun and was nowhere near DFL!!!!
2015-09-27 6:47 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master

Originally posted by rrrunner My XC was awesome!!! I had so much fun and was nowhere near DFL!!!!

Woohoo! I tried to stalk you too, but a harder to find race. lol

2015-09-28 5:02 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by rrrunner

My XC was awesome!!! I had so much fun and was nowhere near DFL!!!!
GREAT JOB TJ.
2015-09-28 5:09 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
We finally have some spring weather so I took my new bike for its maiden voyage outside this afternoon. It was great! But FACHME even the little hills around my place suck big hairy dogs balls!

I am also now covered in ash as there has been a smoke haze around for the last few days as they do some prescribed burning before the summer. Frankly I'm more than happy to put up with that after living through 2 bush fires that have been stopped just over the road from my house in years past, I say prescribe burn to your hearts content.

Edited by StaceyK 2015-09-28 5:10 AM
2015-09-28 7:30 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Katy, Texas
Thanks Erin! Yes I'm thrilled to report another AG win and 2nd overall AGer!

Way to go TJ!!

Huge congrats to Adrienne!

Stacey - uh, I didn't need that visual this morning! Sorry the hills were "hard."

Steve - praying for you bud. I know you will continue to win at life!

2015-09-28 1:30 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

I stalked Adrienne's race... 21:47 for a 1st

Monica took the weekend off to put her toes in the sand.

TJ, how'd your XC go?

Sean will be happy. He killed it...you know, figuratively speaking. 

Highlights:

J off to Orlando all week for a "nerd" convergence...also know as Association of Energy Engineers.  Bought a 2008 Land Cruiser on Friday. Went to see this movie last night for date night. Totally recommend for anyone who loves America's wide open spaces or logistics   Really a beautiful and inspiring journey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnUFKjHQPwo 

Wow, solid stalking, Erin! Oooooh that nerd convergence sounds amazing! I took a look at the programming. I'm diving into some really exciting renewable stuff at work. There are a couple of promising technologies that might work well for our typology. 

Speaking of nerds, I did a big trail run on Sunday with a bunch of atmospheric scientists. It was pretty awesome. And nerdy. 

This is the pass we ran up, it was hard as hell but AWESOME

This was looking North, once we reached the top

And of course, the larches. Fall is here

"We want to drink your pee"

Challenging terrain but the start contrast of the granite, lakes and trees was so special

Great job racers! It sounds like everyone had a lot of fun and success. I'll get to my report at some point but the race went well and I clinched the series! I won some really cool stuff including a Suunto watch (LOL) but I am pretty excited because it's got a compass and altimeter which I will actually use! The gps and HRM stuff, eeeeeh maybe.

2015-09-28 1:44 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Asalzwed

TJ, how'd your XC go?

Highlights:

J off to Orlando all week for a "nerd" convergence...also know as Association of Energy Engineers.  Bought a 2008 Land Cruiser on Friday. Went to see this movie last night for date night. Totally recommend for anyone who loves America's wide open spaces or logistics   Really a beautiful and inspiring journey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnUFKjHQPwo 

Wow, solid stalking, Erin! Oooooh that nerd convergence sounds amazing! I took a look at the programming. I'm diving into some really exciting renewable stuff at work. There are a couple of promising technologies that might work well for our typology. 

Speaking of nerds, I did a big trail run on Sunday with a bunch of atmospheric scientists. It was pretty awesome. And nerdy. 

Challenging terrain but the start contrast of the granite, lakes and trees was so special

Great job racers! It sounds like everyone had a lot of fun and success. I'll get to my report at some point but the race went well and I clinched the series! I won some really cool stuff including a Suunto watch (LOL) but I am pretty excited because it's got a compass and altimeter which I will actually use! The gps and HRM stuff, eeeeeh maybe.

Wow, that is so gorgeous!!

Congrats on your race and winning the series - awesome stuff!!

For the record, fall is NOT here.  Chris will back me up on that  

2015-09-28 1:47 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by amd723

TJ, how'd your XC go?

Highlights:

I thought most people determine the coming of fall by the return of the pumpkin spice latte? Err PSL as the kids call it

2015-09-28 2:05 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

TJ, how'd your XC go?

Highlights:

I thought most people determine the coming of fall by the return of the pumpkin spice latte? Err PSL as the kids call it

Ha! Should I be embarrassed to say I've never had one?!  I keep thinking I should try it though.  Maybe in December when fall arrives!

2015-09-28 2:47 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

TJ, how'd your XC go?

Highlights:

Ha! Should I be embarrassed to say I've never had one?!  I keep thinking I should try it though.  Maybe in December when fall arrives!

(1) I have never had a PSL either.

(2) You get fall in FL?  For what, a day?

2015-09-28 3:03 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

TJ, how'd your XC go?

Highlights:

(1) I have never had a PSL either.

(2) You get fall in FL?  For what, a day?

not even a full day, just about an hour

2015-09-28 3:11 PM

User image

Master

Look, I am not saying Nabob is good coffee, but I gotta agree with this.

2015-09-28 3:13 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master

Adrienne, awesome photos and congrats.  

TJ and Sean way to go!!!

2015-09-28 3:42 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by IronOx

Hahaha. I agree.

Well, respect the bean unless it doesn't deserve your respect. Then douse it with sugar and artificial flavors. 

2015-09-28 4:11 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Hahaha. I agree.

Well, respect the bean unless it doesn't deserve your respect. Then douse it with sugar and artificial flavors. 

During one of our road trips this weekend DH and I were at a SBux in Gallup NM. I ordered a flat white and the man in line behind me asked what that is so I explained it. He ordered a flat white and a new fan is born.

2015-09-28 5:55 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Hahaha. I agree.

During one of our road trips this weekend DH and I were at a SBux in Gallup NM. I ordered a flat white and the man in line behind me asked what that is so I explained it. He ordered a flat white and a new fan is born.

See this just totally amazes me because "flat white" has been the standard coffee here for forever. It's a given that's what you get unless you order otherwise. Nothing special about a flat white. Then again nothing special about coffee full stop. English breakfast tea however that is a different story.
2015-09-28 6:28 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by StaceyK

Hahaha. I agree.

See this just totally amazes me because "flat white" has been the standard coffee here for forever. It's a given that's what you get unless you order otherwise. Nothing special about a flat white. Then again nothing special about coffee full stop. English breakfast tea however that is a different story.

Well actually there is something special about it, it's a different way the shot should be pulled that distinguishes it from others. You use a ristretto shot which is a short shot with half the water of a normal shot. Or at least that is the difference here. It's amazing how much you can change coffee, whether it be a shot of espresso or drip, by altering the different elements (water, grind etc.)

And LOL TJ you are like the unofficial flat white spokeswoman. 

2015-09-28 6:33 PM

User image

Seattle

and funny, I haven't actually had Nabob. You aren't saying it's good but is it bad? And I thought I've had everything.

Oh and speaking of different coffee and brewing methods and respecting the bean, our friends brought us  a Vietnamese brewing set back from their trip. I love me some Vietnamese coffee! Of course, what isn't better with sweetened condensed milk lol

2015-09-28 6:40 PM

User image

Master

and funny, I haven't actually had Nabob. You aren't saying it's good but is it bad? And I thought I've had everything.

Oh and speaking of different coffee and brewing methods and respecting the bean, our friends brought us  a Vietnamese brewing set back from their trip. I love me some Vietnamese coffee! Of course, what isn't better with sweetened condensed milk lol

Well, I have to admit, I am not a coffee snob.  If it has caffeine, I will drink it.  So, while it is not something that I will drink on a regular basis, if it's put in front of me, I wouldn't know the difference...

2015-09-28 6:50 PM

User image

Seattle

Well, I have to admit, I am not a coffee snob.  If it has caffeine, I will drink it.  So, while it is not something that I will drink on a regular basis, if it's put in front of me, I wouldn't know the difference...

Haha I see that as a pro and not a con. The more caffeine for you! It's funny, you can't be too snobby about something so subjective. You like it or ya don't! 

2015-09-28 7:56 PM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

I want to state for the record that I hate fly.  Maybe it's because I'm not good at it.  Or because it doesn't have much use to me.  Anyhow, it's fly stroke technique week at masters. 

2015-09-28 9:04 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by ponderingfox

I want to state for the record that I hate fly.  Maybe it's because I'm not good at it.  Or because it doesn't have much use to me.  Anyhow, it's fly stroke technique week at masters. 

So I bet those abs are screaming at you now hey!

I used to love doing fly. This and breaststroke were the strokes that I could keep up with the fast kids, unfortunately my abs have left the building and therefore now it pretty much sucks. (Oh and loving the new avi)

Edited by StaceyK 2015-09-28 9:05 PM
2015-09-28 9:18 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by ponderingfox

HTFU 

But really, it's a fun stroke when you get it. Really have to learn some efficiency with it or you pay dearly for it. I had to relax more, draw it out some, trusting that I could get to the surface to breathe and recover ok. And it wasn't too bad to miss one every now and then, so long as I didn't get a mouthful of water.  Having some idea of being able to do the kick and the timing of it helped too.

2015-09-29 8:38 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by popsracer

Scans yesterday did not go so well.  Small something they saw last time and wanted to keep an eye on is now of greater concern.  Tomorrow doc takes to their tumor board to decide whether to surgically remove or do further testing.  Conversation didn't go so well with this doc.  He starts talking about palliative care over curative care.  I thought that was a bit premature since he was only 50/50 on it being the same thing I had before or something less.  He agreed somewhat and said he was just trying to be realistic.  Either way I didn't think I'd make it this far after the last bout six years ago so am still thankful overall.  All I wanted to do was go for a run which I did when I got home.  It brought me great relief. 

I was away for the weekend and just saw this while trying to catch up.

I have no words other than - we're with you Steve.

and in your own words "carry on!"
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67907 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 28863 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12237 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 38325 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67475 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.