General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Very dumb IM race merchandise question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-11-04 9:11 AM

User image

Baton Rouge
Subject: Very dumb IM race merchandise question
So for IMAZ I see that the "toy" store is going to be open before the race with I'm sure anything and everything IM branded you can imagine. I also see that the store re-opens Monday morning at 7am before the awards banquet.

My question - are there any toys the Monday morning after the race that wouldn't be there before? Not sure if they sell "finisher" merchandise before (or if they even sell anything like that at all)? Or if they wait and sell it the morning after the race?

Just trying to determine if there's anything worth going back for at 7am, or if sleeping in will be the better option!!

Thanks

2008-11-04 9:18 AM
in reply to: #1786007

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD
Subject: RE: Very dumb IM race merchandise question

Yes.  Day after the race you get a bunch of merch. with "Finsiher" plastered all over it .....

Usually they will still have stock of the normal stuff, but the finisher gear takes up most of the space.

At FL last year they had a lot of non-finisher stuff still available on Sunday, but at LP this year there was hardly any non-finisher stuff which made it tricky to find stuff for the wife and kids.

However, I have bought my "Finisher" sweatshirt at each of them.

2008-11-04 9:42 AM

User image

Champion
MA

Lines the day after the race tend to be longer and you may have to wait to get into the tent to look and then have a long wait to pay after you shop.

Like Rick said often similar merchandise but with finisher on it. They do have some Finisher stuff that only is finisher items like jackets and t-shirts. 

At IMFL and IMLP they had sample out of their Finisher bike jacket up before the race. It was with the sugoi bike jersey/tri stuff.

At LP it was a zoo in the tent the day after the race and really hard to look around as it was so crowded with people. You will get better selection if you get there early but that is often hard if you were up late and or didn't sleep well. 

2008-11-04 10:12 AM
in reply to: #1786027

User image

Pro
NorCal
Daremo - 2008-11-04 7:18 AM

Yes.  Day after the race you get a bunch of merch. with "Finsiher" plastered all over it .....

Don't worry, they usually spell it correctly "Finisher"  

2008-11-04 10:27 AM

User image

Elite
At IMFL this year, I didn't see anything there on Friday, that wasn't there on Sunday.  Just all of the finisher stuff was there.  And the lines were insane.  After standing in line for next years registration I went to buy some toys.  I picked out some things and went to pay.  The line was so long that I put them back on the shelf and left.  I could have waited, but wanted to get started on my 10 hour drive back home.
2008-11-04 10:34 AM
in reply to: #1786335

User image

Baton Rouge
So, is the key then getting there right at 7am when they open? I can suck it up for an hour or two and then go back to the hotel and sleep before my flight Monday afternoon!

2008-11-04 11:55 AM
in reply to: #1786259

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD
AbbieR - 2008-11-04 11:12 AM
Daremo - 2008-11-04 7:18 AM

Don't worry, they usually spell it correctly "Finisher"  

Told you spelling OwnZ me (when I two finger type fast) ..... my Mom has the doctorate in English, not me. Tongue out

2008-11-05 7:03 PM

User image

Veteran
Houston, TX
At CDA this year I didn't want to buy anything that said Ironman on it before the race b/c i didn't want to jinx myself out of finishing.  Well I wish I had just bought the jerseys I wanted, because the day after the race everything was EXTREMELY picked over and they didn't have anything in my size.  Not even finisher stuff, and I got there at 9.  (Don't they realize how many of the women wear a small!!!?)  I was so mad because I wanted some bad- schwag!  Fortunately the NAS lady took orders for certain things that they sold out of... but I am still waiting for it.  THey told me it will be shipped any day now.  I would say if you are particular about your size or wanting certain styles of clothing just buy it before the race (save some room on the credit card for finisher stuff) because if you changed your mind you'd have NO problem selling it monday after the race.  And get there early!
2008-11-07 12:50 PM
in reply to: #1786369

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Lance26.2 - 2008-11-04 9:34 AM

So, is the key then getting there right at 7am when they open? I can suck it up for an hour or two and then go back to the hotel and sleep before my flight Monday afternoon!

I would guess that if you get there at 7am when they open, there will already be a sizable line to get in. There was at IM Canada this year, though you wouldn't have had to be much earlier to get up near the front.
2008-11-07 5:15 PM

User image

I went down in April to get my 11/09 number, it was pretty deserted.  I even went to the I/O tent to return a couple things ( ), and there were a few people in line but it wasn't close to being insane
2008-11-07 7:54 PM
in reply to: #1790677

User image

koalabear - 2008-11-05 5:03 PM

At CDA this year I didn't want to buy anything that said Ironman on it before the race b/c i didn't want to jinx myself out of finishing.  Well I wish I had just bought the jerseys I wanted, because the day after the race everything was EXTREMELY picked over and they didn't have anything in my size.  Not even finisher stuff, and I got there at 9.  (Don't they realize how many of the women wear a small!!!?)  I was so mad because I wanted some bad- schwag!  Fortunately the NAS lady took orders for certain things that they sold out of... but I am still waiting for it.  THey told me it will be shipped any day now.  I would say if you are particular about your size or wanting certain styles of clothing just buy it before the race (save some room on the credit card for finisher stuff) because if you changed your mind you'd have NO problem selling it monday after the race.  And get there early!

I had a similar experience at IM CDA. I refused to buy anything until I actually finished, and the stuff I picked out was gone. I wasn't thrilled the the finisher stuff that was left. Good news is I spent a lot less money than I planned!
Tanya

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Very dumb IM race merchandise question Rss Feed