General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Longhorn Ironman 70.3: ARENA FINISH!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 17

2009-10-28 7:44 PM
in reply to: #2015261

User image

Regular
Cypress, TX
Subject: RE: Longhorn Ironman 70.3: ARENA FINISH!!!!
I enjoyed the race 100%.  In my opinion, the race was organized extremely well.  The road was rough but, thats everywhere here in Texas.  I have only done local races and it has been pretty much the same.  I must say though, this was the first race where the cracks were at least tagged yellow and patched; that helped!!

The arena finish was the BEST!!!  I would say that is a kepper for sure.  I was very impressed and my family was more comfortable there than at any other finish. 

I have nothing negative to say really, it was all very clean.  The 2 transitions were pretty easy for me.  The only thing I would change is a larger bag.  Maybe the T1 bag only, I had a hard time stuffing my wetsuit in there with other things.

Hats off to Keith and his team.  Top notch race in my bookSmile

2009-10-28 9:11 PM
in reply to: #2483891

User image

Pro
Texas
KEJ - 2009-10-28 10:48 AM

• ...Sometimes, you can't win I guess....

• It sure seems like it. This race is hands down the most well-organized, well-run event I've ever done IMO.

Edited by JBrashear 2009-10-28 9:12 PM
    2009-10-28 9:50 PM

User image

Expert
    Wylie, TX

oops, signed in under wrong name...read below.

Edited by docshock1964 2009-10-28 9:51 PM
    2009-10-28 9:54 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Frisco, Texas

i am baffled by by the negative comments on this thread. i did not find the double transition areas stressful or complicated by any stretch. directions were clear weeks prior to coming into this event. if people read emails that were sent out, then it shouldn't have been an issue. as far as packing up a gear bag in T1 and making for slower transition times...WE ALL had to do the same thing. it's not like anyone had a clear advantage there over another. we all had to ride on those same "horrible" roads that some of you will NEVER come back to ride on ever again. this race was well thought out, well planned, well organized, well staffed at aid stations...and hell, the race director posts and reads in here and asks for suggestions and gives us ideas and asks our opinions...where are you going to get that anywhere else?!?!?!

keith...keep up the good work. you are outstanding at what you do and it absolutely shows that you have the athletes best interest in mind. even when describing the plan behind the swim waves, you had the athletes in mind. great job. you're right...you can't please everybody, sadly...but i'm pretty sure you've pleased the majority. way to go...keep it up and thank you!!

2009-10-29 9:03 AM
    in reply to: #2485621

User image

Champion
    the colony texas
    docshock1964 - 2009-10-28 9:50 PM

oops, signed in under wrong name...read below.

Go hawkeyes

Opps wrong person 
    2009-10-29 9:40 AM
    in reply to: #2485624

Veteran
    Vicksburg
    jah2212 - 2009-10-28 9:54 PM

i am baffled by by the negative comments on this thread. i did not find the double transition areas stressful or complicated by any stretch. directions were clear weeks prior to coming into this event. if people read emails that were sent out, then it shouldn't have been an issue. as far as packing up a gear bag in T1 and making for slower transition times...WE ALL had to do the same thing. it's not like anyone had a clear advantage there over another. we all had to ride on those same "horrible" roads that some of you will NEVER come back to ride on ever again. this race was well thought out, well planned, well organized, well staffed at aid stations...and hell, the race director posts and reads in here and asks for suggestions and gives us ideas and asks our opinions...where are you going to get that anywhere else?!?!?!

keith...keep up the good work. you are outstanding at what you do and it absolutely shows that you have the athletes best interest in mind. even when describing the plan behind the swim waves, you had the athletes in mind. great job. you're right...you can't please everybody, sadly...but i'm pretty sure you've pleased the majority. way to go...keep it up and thank you!!

x2, I am with you.  I didn't think the transition set up was difficult at all.  Put shoes in one bag, put your bike up and stuff in another.  My wife was there so I didn't need a moning clothes bag.  Very easy.  Also my racing partner and I made it to T1 very early in the morning.  Glad we did b/c it was stress relieving and not alot of folks in there.  I carried a little flashlight and helped the folks around me pump up tires.  All the other triathletes I met either at the race or motel/restraunts etc. were very friendly and it just made my crew's whole experience fun.  Really enjoyed it.  On an ending note when it comes to the run course I WILL NEVER VIEW TEXAS AS FLAT AGAIN.  Thank god I did a good amount of hill training.

2009-10-29 9:44 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
    Bronze member
    jah2212 - 2009-10-28 9:54 PM

We're all allowed to have our own opinion. Mine is just one, and one that nobody is obligated to agree with.
    I did read the emails that were sent out. They were contradictory to the athlete's guide and what was stated here on BT, and what was actually required. 

Like I said before, I've done a 2-transition 70.3 that in my opinion was just less stressful. Like most of you, I'm sure you keep these things in mind when figuring out your future race schedules. And if you're like me, you like to read all of the opinions you can before deciding on a race you haven't done before. It's not personal toward the RD or anyone else in the least. Just an opinion based on experiences and preferences - free for anyone to take or leave as they see fit.

I agree it was a well-run race for the most part. Hopefully my comments won't be taken personally (to any RDs or any Texans - hell I love your state and do as many races there as I do in my own state it seems) and will be used to evaluate options or changes for the future.

2009-10-29 10:25 AM

User image

Master
    Ann Arbor, MI
    jah2212 - 2009-10-28 10:54 PM

I am extremely happy that we have had personal contact with the race director- that means a lot to me! I have no negative comments about the race itself, or the RD, or the volunteers, or the police, or to the other racers, or to the 2 transition areas, or the amazing aid stations, or the weather, or the water, or the expo..... just to mother nature and the Texas DOT

I'm not trying to p$ss anyone off or anything, but for ME, personally, I just spent a whole lot of money, and a whole lot of time coming down to Texas to race. For ME, personally, I will not choose to drive my car 20+ hours each way, spend $250 on a race entry, plus all the gas, lodging and food $, to ride on those particular roads again, for ME, personally, in my opinion, with my hard earned money and MY time. I am extremely glad I raced in Austin, and had a wonderful time at a top notch event. No part of me regrets racing and participating in the event, and I had WONDERFUL TIME. I told both my fiance who also raced and my mom who came with us, that the event had the same exciting vibe and thorough planning as Clearwater- (which also, BTW, has 100% clean transitions- both T1 and T2 you have to repack everything in the same bags we had to use here- including your helmet, making everyone's transitions times 3+ minutes). Everyone was extremely excited and friendly at the event, and it went off without a hitch.

The roads are uncontrollable, for sure, and like I have stated many times, the race organizers did everything possible to mark the roads and make sure we could see all of those holes-- and they even got the road crews to fix a lot, which was quite impressive! I just can not justify spending the amount of $$ that I just did, again- for ME personally- knowing what the ride will be like. I also can only recommend the race to friends after telling them that the roads are bad, because they ARE, just like if you did a really hard race, and someone asked you about it because they were thinking of doing it, you would say, "that was a really tough race!." If you're from Texas, or OK, or Arkansas, or anywhere else with those type of roads, and you ride that all the time, then you would just say- so what? No big deal- glad to hear everything else about the race is perfect! I've done Half Ironmans all over the country, and have a lot of wonderful experiences, including racing at this one- but if someone asks my opinion, the first thing that I have to warn them about, is that the roads in Texas are pretty bad compared to anywhere else I've raced, but everything else was awesome (And that Texas isn't flat!). You all that live there are probably very used to it- just like I've gotten used to riding in the rain, riding in 30 degree weather, and avoiding potholes the size of my head- we just don't have chipseal here. It's all relative. But it's still a fact of the race- it's my opinion and my experience, and I'm allowed to write that I thought the roads sucked (even if we all rode the same race!), just like you are allowed to write that you thought everything was perfect, and that it was the most perfect race ever.

Edited by jazz82482 2009-10-29 10:30 AM
    2009-10-29 6:06 PM
    in reply to: #2486486

User image

Veteran
    Austin, TX
    This was my first HIM, so I don't have any other large races in which to draw from.     The 2 stage transition was really new for me, a little ackward, but I'm sure with some practice I could be more efficient.    Being able to loop through Tent City, where all the spectators were, and finish in the Arena, was incredible...

With the heavy drought we've had here in Central Texas, the roads just couldn't be helped.   They are not the first I've road on this year..   All in all, the volunteers were awesome, the aid stations were plentiful, and the memories will be forever...
    2009-10-29 7:57 PM
    in reply to: #2486486

User image

Expert
    Wylie, TX

jazz82482 - 2009-10-29 10:25 AM

I am extremely happy that we have had personal contact with the race director- that means a lot to me! I have no negative comments about the race itself, or the RD, or the volunteers, or the police, or to the other racers, or to the 2 transition areas, or the amazing aid stations, or the weather, or the water, or the expo..... just to mother nature and the Texas DOT I'm not trying to p$ss anyone off or anything, but for ME, personally, I just spent a whole lot of money, and a whole lot of time coming down to Texas to race. For ME, personally, I will not choose to drive my car 20+ hours each way, spend $250 on a race entry, plus all the gas, lodging and food $, to ride on those particular roads again, for ME, personally, in my opinion, with my hard earned money and MY time. I am extremely glad I raced in Austin, and had a wonderful time at a top notch event. No part of me regrets racing and participating in the event, and I had WONDERFUL TIME. I told both my fiance who also raced and my mom who came with us, that the event had the same exciting vibe and thorough planning as Clearwater- (which also, BTW, has 100% clean transitions- both T1 and T2 you have to repack everything in the same bags we had to use here- including your helmet, making everyone's transitions times 3+ minutes). Everyone was extremely excited and friendly at the event, and it went off without a hitch. The roads are uncontrollable, for sure, and like I have stated many times, the race organizers did everything possible to mark the roads and make sure we could see all of those holes-- and they even got the road crews to fix a lot, which was quite impressive! I just can not justify spending the amount of $$ that I just did, again- for ME personally- knowing what the ride will be like. I also can only recommend the race to friends after telling them that the roads are bad, because they ARE, just like if you did a really hard race, and someone asked you about it because they were thinking of doing it, you would say, "that was a really tough race!." If you're from Texas, or OK, or Arkansas, or anywhere else with those type of roads, and you ride that all the time, then you would just say- so what? No big deal- glad to hear everything else about the race is perfect! I've done Half Ironmans all over the country, and have a lot of wonderful experiences, including racing at this one- but if someone asks my opinion, the first thing that I have to warn them about, is that the roads in Texas are pretty bad compared to anywhere else I've raced, but everything else was awesome (And that Texas isn't flat!). You all that live there are probably very used to it- just like I've gotten used to riding in the rain, riding in 30 degree weather, and avoiding potholes the size of my head- we just don't have chipseal here. It's all relative. But it's still a fact of the race- it's my opinion and my experience, and I'm allowed to write that I thought the roads sucked (even if we all rode the same race!), just like you are allowed to write that you thought everything was perfect, and that it was the most perfect race ever.

I would like to see were anyone said you were not allowed to voice your opinion. I would also like to see were anyone said that it was the most perfect race ever. Based on your comments, in this thread and in your race report, I think you should change your handle to DramaQueen82482. Just like Crash Davis can not stand it when someone sings the wrong lyrics,  I can not stand it when someone exaggerates and distorts the facts.

2009-10-29 8:23 PM
    in reply to: #2487936

User image

Veteran
    docshock1964 - 2009-10-29 7:57 PM

I am extremely happy that we have had personal contact with the race director- that means a lot to me! I have no negative comments about the race itself, or the RD, or the volunteers, or the police, or to the other racers, or to the 2 transition areas, or the amazing aid stations, or the weather, or the water, or the expo..... just to mother nature and the Texas DOT I'm not trying to p$ss anyone off or anything, but for ME, personally, I just spent a whole lot of money, and a whole lot of time coming down to Texas to race. For ME, personally, I will not choose to drive my car 20+ hours each way, spend $250 on a race entry, plus all the gas, lodging and food $, to ride on those particular roads again, for ME, personally, in my opinion, with my hard earned money and MY time. I am extremely glad I raced in Austin, and had a wonderful time at a top notch event. No part of me regrets racing and participating in the event, and I had WONDERFUL TIME. I told both my fiance who also raced and my mom who came with us, that the event had the same exciting vibe and thorough planning as Clearwater- (which also, BTW, has 100% clean transitions- both T1 and T2 you have to repack everything in the same bags we had to use here- including your helmet, making everyone's transitions times 3+ minutes). Everyone was extremely excited and friendly at the event, and it went off without a hitch. The roads are uncontrollable, for sure, and like I have stated many times, the race organizers did everything possible to mark the roads and make sure we could see all of those holes-- and they even got the road crews to fix a lot, which was quite impressive! I just can not justify spending the amount of $$ that I just did, again- for ME personally- knowing what the ride will be like. I also can only recommend the race to friends after telling them that the roads are bad, because they ARE, just like if you did a really hard race, and someone asked you about it because they were thinking of doing it, you would say, "that was a really tough race!." If you're from Texas, or OK, or Arkansas, or anywhere else with those type of roads, and you ride that all the time, then you would just say- so what? No big deal- glad to hear everything else about the race is perfect! I've done Half Ironmans all over the country, and have a lot of wonderful experiences, including racing at this one- but if someone asks my opinion, the first thing that I have to warn them about, is that the roads in Texas are pretty bad compared to anywhere else I've raced, but everything else was awesome (And that Texas isn't flat!). You all that live there are probably very used to it- just like I've gotten used to riding in the rain, riding in 30 degree weather, and avoiding potholes the size of my head- we just don't have chipseal here. It's all relative. But it's still a fact of the race- it's my opinion and my experience, and I'm allowed to write that I thought the roads sucked (even if we all rode the same race!), just like you are allowed to write that you thought everything was perfect, and that it was the most perfect race ever.

I would like to see were anyone said you were not allowed to voice your opinion. I would also like to see were anyone said that it was the most perfect race ever. Based on your comments, in this thread and in your race report, I think you should change your handle to DramaQueen82482. Just like Crash Davis can not stand it when someone sings the wrong lyrics,  I can not stand it when someone exaggerates and distorts the facts.

I am so torn right now. Hoping this entertaining thread keeps going on (docshock I am still laughing), or for the thread to stop with the great experience and memories of the race that we all had.

2009-10-29 8:58 PM

User image

Master
    Ann Arbor, MI
    docshock1964 - 2009-10-29 8:57 PM

That's really rude and demeaning- why the personal attack? I didn't make this a personal attack on anyone or anything but road conditions, and I have said a lot of very positive things about this race and my experience at Austin. I have carefully explained the exact reason why I can not give the race the glowing reviews that is sooo close to earning- simply because it's a lot of money to spend when there are a lot of options out there. 99% of the people on this thread have absolutely no complaints with the race, so why is it so awful that I'm voicing mine? And you are right, no one said I couldn't voice my opinions, but now you're attacking me for voicing them.... and my opinions on the road conditions are not a distortion of the facts- they're how I perceived the road conditions, and an explanation about why I felt that way, and how it affected my opinion of the race- why is that so awful that you need to insult me, personally? If you felt the roads were great, why don't you just say that you loved the roads?

...at least you got my numbers right...
    2009-10-29 9:13 PM
    in reply to: #2488063

User image

@Jazz and Lisa,

I think y'all made your points about the roads and the multiple transition areas. There's really no reason to keep harping on them. No, the roads here are not perfect. Yes, 1 transition area is less stressful than 2. But I do have to say, it is an Ironman; Its not supposed to be easy.

I agree: there's no need to make it personal, so just let it go. Its a shame that you think the roads were so bad that you'll never do another race in Texas, nor recommend the race to anyone else. That's too bad, because there are SO MANY great triathlon races in the beautiful Austin area. This tri was one of more than 10 we've had in Austin since May. Is that normal for every other major city?

Other than the roads, you had a great race, and hopefully in 6 months or so, all the good memories will outweigh the bad One.

Again, let it go. Bask in your awesomeness, and shrug off the negative energy. Look at the bright side, you will appreciate more any race you do from here on out that has great roads, and if they don't, you'll be better prepared!

Cool
    2009-10-29 9:35 PM

User image

Master
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I appreciate the mediation Greg, thanks for being nice. But, I'm not going to let it go if people are going to insult me, personally, and ignore everything good I've said about the race. As I have said- I can only recommend the race after explaining how bad that I thought the roads were (or put another way, I can't recommend the race without explaining the poor road conditions)- I would feel as if I were doing a disservice if someone didn't know the roads are bad, especially if they are traveling a great distance. I will also be sure to tell someone about how bad the drafting is at Clearwater, and that the course gets crowded at Steelhead, which also has some sketchy pavement, and that Kansas is waay hillier than you'd expect, and that Muncie is known for it's terrible weather, and that Soma has a ton of technical turns and tight spaces that make the bike course very challenging and somewhat scary, and that Pigman is incredibly windy...... I'm opinionated, I've done a lot of races, and they all have something to offer and none of them are perfect. I have many positive things to say about Austin overall, and had a wonderful time (despite being attacked personally on this forum).

I would take back my comment about not riding my bike in Texas again, but only if someone else pays for my flight out there- that was one he!l of a long drive! If I were to come back, I now know to pay very close attention to what the roads are like, and I will even e-mail RDs about it, since I know that I am sensitive to poor road conditions. When I ride my bike in MI, I pick the smoothest routes, because I have a sensitive a$$

And you are right- it is awesome that Austin has such a vibrant tri community with a ton of race choices- that's really hard to pull off in a major metropolitan area! And you all can ride in your 70 degree weather all winter while I slug away on my trainer, dreaming of a day when I'll see the sun again.

Edited by jazz82482 2009-10-29 9:40 PM
    2009-10-29 9:48 PM
    in reply to: #2485183

User image

Champion
    Dallas, TX
    KEJ - 2009-10-28 5:58 PM

I agree....Our plan is to allow set up in T2 next year, and T1. YES, you'll still have to pack your gear back in swim bag after you get out of the water, that's just so we can deliver it to the finish line.

Honestly, this was all done to make the race EASIER for the athlete. Are there some things to be tweaked? Sure. Did we do all of this just to finish in the arena. No, absolutely not. We did it so you didn't have to trek 1.2 miles back after your race with all of your stuff. We did it so if we were still in a major drought that the finish area/park wouldn't be a giant dust bowl. We did it so if there was inclement weather, it'd still be a good experience for the families/spectators AND the athletes at the finish.

It'd be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier for us to just leave the 1 transition area race as it was, and make everyone carry their stuff back after the race. In exchange for having two transitions, we think we made race day easier for the athlete, better for the athlete and spectator.

Not everyone has to agree, and I completely respect that. We really try to make everyone LOVE the race. It sincerely bugs me when it isn't a home run for everyone. At some point, I have to come to grips with the fact that it's not possible to make 2500 athletes and 7000 spectators happy. It just isn't. That doesn't mean we won't keep trying.....

As for the roads, if it was possible for me to bribe Mother Nature, I would. A 2-year drought does some rough things to roads. 2 years ago, the roads were beatiful and perfect. We did the best we could given the circumstances. Look, this type of weather condition can happen ANYWHERE. In NH, we had the opposite problem...Roads washing away due to too much rain.

It's an event that happens outside. We're completely at the mercy of the elements. Let's get a normal year, and you'll see the cracks close up, the roads repaved, etc....

It was a great race!!!!!

I loved it way more than I did in 2007 when I raced it... and in 2008 when I was a spectator.

THIS year set the standard going forward on how the race should go!

NOT having athletes go back to the park and back to the arena... was perfection! Last year was a cluster with all those people and CARS on the road going back.

This year was great!

You know, at the US Open, they let us use our OWN BAGS in T1. We put race numbers on those bags and they transported those back to T2. Worked perfect. Everyone had a bag big enough for all their swim stuff. So that might be a thought for 2010?

Thanks for all your hard work Keith and for caring enough to come on here to even address our questions/concerns/complaints.

THANK YOU!!!!!

2009-10-30 5:19 AM
    in reply to: #2488122

Regular
    I totally agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and NO ONE should be bashed for it. It is what it is...it's YOUR opinion, and it should be respected....

We'll continue to strive to produce the perfect race. We'll fix what we can fix, add what we can add, take all of the suggestions into account. It's the way it should be. We'll change some things that we think will be better for 2010, based on comments from you all. And most of you will like it, and some won't.

It's my dream to make everyone happy, and have the best experience of their lives. It's what I live for. I take it very seriously. After doing this for 10 years, I realize that it's just not possible. It saddens me, actually, for no matter what I do I can't make everyone happy.

That's life

We've already had meetings, and will move forward. Hopefully, we can get the roads fixed. We'll change up the instructions/rules for the 2 transitions to make it easier on you. Just a start

On to Lone Star, where the roads ARE smooth and crack-free for the most part. It's flat and fast, but I suppose I should tell everyone that there could be a little wind

2009-10-30 9:46 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
    Bronze member

Based on your comments, in this thread and in your race report, I think you should change your handle to DramaQueen82482. Just like Crash Davis can not stand it when someone sings the wrong lyrics,  I can not stand it when someone exaggerates and distorts the facts.

Wow. Totally uncalled for.
    Somene voices their opinion that one aspect of the race was not what the expected and they get personally attacked.
    ***shakes head***

While I am out of the discussion about the positives and negatives (whoops, forgot I can't say anything negative about the race or I'll get personally attacked), NO ONE should be attacked like this for voicing their opinion.

Again, wow.

2009-10-30 9:59 AM
    in reply to: #2488967

User image

Master
    Houston
    I agree, no reason for the personal attacks. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it. For me the roads weren't bad but I'm used to riding on some back country roads. There were huge cracks in some places but they were well marked and avoidable. I think Keith did a great job giving us the best/safest course with the road/weather conditions given to him. 

Keith- Not sure if it was mentioned or not but I felt the swim waves were much better this year with the new order and 5mins between instead of the previous 3.  I didn't experience anywhere near the same clustering in the swim and beginning of the bike as last year. Thanks again for putting on a great event!

Great rac
    lisac957 - 2009-10-30 9:46 AM

Based on your comments, in this thread and in your race report, I think you should change your handle to DramaQueen82482. Just like Crash Davis can not stand it when someone sings the wrong lyrics,  I can not stand it when someone exaggerates and distorts the facts.

Wow. Totally uncalled for.
    Somene voices their opinion that one aspect of the race was not what the expected and they get personally attacked.
    ***shakes head***

While I am out of the discussion about the positives and negatives (whoops, forgot I can't say anything negative about the race or I'll get personally attacked), NO ONE should be attacked like this for voicing their opinion.

Again, wow.

2009-10-30 11:31 AM

Haha, I just donated blood at school and they took my heart rate.......43 beats per minute! Take that Lance! It threw up all these red flags apparently, doctor came to see me and they asked me if I exercised. I told them I exercised and had a btrual workout on last Sunday.
    2009-10-30 11:33 AM

User image

Regular
    Dallas
    Keith,

I just want to say thanks for putting on a great race. I had a blast!!!! This was my first HIM and the experience I had was unforgettable. The Arena Finish was truly unique don't dare change that! Sure there is room for improvement, but where in life is there not room for improvement. The swim was wet, the bike was rough, the run was hilly. All things I was expecting. If everything was perfect, then I ask you, where is the challenge?

Thanks again Keith I will be doing another one of your races in the future. The hard part is gonna be deciding which one.
    2009-10-30 11:38 AM
    in reply to: #2489280

User image

Regular
    Dallas
    texashorne - 2009-10-30 11:31 AM

Haha, I just donated blood at school and they took my heart rate.......43 beats per minute! Take that Lance! It threw up all these red flags apparently, doctor came to see me and they asked me if I exercised. I told them I exercised and had a btrual workout on last Sunday.

I love that. The nurse takes an extra long time checking your heart rate, and you know she is doing the math twice, cause that just ain't right! Good for you.

2009-10-30 2:39 PM

User image

Veteran
    Arlington, VA
    The roads didn't bother me at all, and I"m used to riding on roads and bike paths that are well paved.  All in all, a great race, though I won't be back as I'm from out of the area and plan on sampling various races around the country rather than returning to the same ones.
    2009-10-30 3:19 PM
    in reply to: #2489288

Regular
    a suggestion. Do them all
    My son's college fund will thank you

He's a promising kid, has already done a triathlon as a 6 year old. He'd appreciate all of your support
    2009-10-30 7:17 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Allen
    I have to take issue with Jazzwithnumbers' take on chipseal.  I happen to like chipseal!  It makes my taint tingle for hours after I ride!
    2009-10-30 7:46 PM
    in reply to: #2481144

User image

Austin, TX
    KEJ - 2009-10-27 7:31 AM Thanks everyone! Just glad the race was Sunday and not yesterday What a miserable day of cleanup yesterday..... Video seemed to work well. It'll also be archived shortly, and on the website, so everyone who raced can watch as well. The video dude was at my house all evening last night, downloading the footage. Will let everyone know when it's ready.... So, is the arena finish/two transition area a keeper????

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!
    New Thread
    General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Longhorn Ironman 70.3: ARENA FINISH!!!! Rss Feed  

of 17