General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Busty newbie looking for help!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2011-03-21 4:56 PM
in reply to: #3405512

User image

Subject: RE: Busty newbie looking for help!!
New Balance makes good running bras to keep the "girls" in place as does Old Navy. I was surprised by the Old Navy $2.47 find but I'd be damned if I did not admit to not liking being kept in place. It is easy to ask others what they find to be the best sport bra but the bottom line is that it is an individual choice. I know that good bras of any kind are not cheap to buy but sometimes we all have to risk our health by spending extra money trying to find what works and what does not.

2013-07-18 3:31 PM
in reply to: Grnfsh

User image

I have a similar issue... I have been wearing Champion bras under my workout gear for running and cycling. I dont like the sports bras with the metal hooks... they drive me nuts for some reason. The Champion line seems to not have that in my size. My first tri is next week... gonna wear the Champion one under my tri top (which as a built in "bra" of sorts already in it. Hope you find something that works for you! And good luck!
2013-07-18 5:08 PM
in reply to: scorpio516

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ
Originally posted by scorpio516

My wife's an F.  She swears by the Moving Comfort Fiona's too.  We've even found them on clearance for $15

We've found the champion ones online, but because they don't list big enough, she's a try on in the store kinda girl, and no place around here stocks them.

Dang, that's harsh. You married the woman, I would think you would view her an A/A+...heck even a B at the lowest.

I'm going to join another tri board and make my first post about tying the boy down. Duct tape?
2013-07-18 9:34 PM
in reply to: #3405512

User image

Extreme Veteran
Whichever bra you choose, get body glide. Use it liberally.
2013-07-19 5:53 AM
in reply to: Shop Cat

User image

Originally posted by Shop Cat

Whichever bra you choose, get body glide. Use it liberally.

x100

I'm well exceeding a D cup (32FF) - sorry guys no pictures!! and struggle to find bras that work, especially since i'm tiny around the chest...

I wore my normal sports bra (anita) for the Oly I did the other day and ohhh and chaffing, so now I am re-assing for my HIM in October
2013-07-19 7:03 AM
in reply to: austhokie

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
I see this thread has been revived, and what great timing! I've been wearing the Moving Comfort Fiona for the past two months and thought I loved it. Just in the last week, though, I've been getting horrid chafing in the back where the clasps are. I ran this past Wednesday, and by mile 4 I could feel the hot spot starting (and I had body glided/aquaphored like crazy before). By mile 8, it was raw and bleeding. Sigh...back to the drawing board.

2013-07-19 8:06 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

New user
I wear lululemon's tata tamer for everything! You can crisscross the straps for even better support. And chafing has never been an issue. I wear it on the swim, and then throw a tank over for the bike and run.
2013-07-19 8:50 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

New user
Originally posted by glfprncs

I see this thread has been revived, and what great timing! I've been wearing the Moving Comfort Fiona for the past two months and thought I loved it. Just in the last week, though, I've been getting horrid chafing in the back where the clasps are. I ran this past Wednesday, and by mile 4 I could feel the hot spot starting (and I had body glided/aquaphored like crazy before). By mile 8, it was raw and bleeding. Sigh...back to the drawing board.

X2 I've been wearing Fiona for years - they work great ... but when I started increasing distance (and thus time) this year I got nasty chafing in the front AND back. Talk about a "ring of fire"! ACK! I think it has to do with the ribbed material in the band. Just HATE the thought of having to go shopping for another brand

2013-07-19 8:59 AM
in reply to: Prtlndblnd

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
I love CW-X brand.  Been using them for 7 years. 
2013-07-19 11:58 AM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Fairfax, VA
Bronze member
Originally posted by Socks

I love CW-X brand.  Been using them for 7 years. 

x2 on CW-X brand. I'm DD and it's my favorite.
2013-07-19 5:55 PM
in reply to: jenstewey

User image

Rowlett, TX (Dallas area)
I'm an F and wear the Shock Absorber Run Bra and love it!
http://www.shockabsorberusa.com/details.php?prodId=44&category=&sec...

I did go up a size on the band because it's pretty snug. I've been wearing this style for a couple years now for everything and have never had chafing issues.

2013-07-19 8:14 PM
in reply to: Grnfsh

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
I'm and F and sometimes a G cup at the moment I have been using triumph triaction bras. I wear them under a tri top from start to finish, they dry fairly quickly.

You need to find a tri top that doesn't have that stupid little shelf bra thing in it cause you don't want another layer of fabric that does nothing. The triaction bra straps can be adjusted to a racer back style if you want that but I found that skirt sports does a tri top without the shelf bra and that doesn't have a racer back, it is also a bit longer so it covers the gut and doesn't ride up.

Good luck in your race, have lots of fun.
2013-07-21 8:50 PM
in reply to: jec03

User image

Rowlett, TX (Dallas area)
Originally posted by jec03

I did go up a size on the band because it's pretty snug. I've been wearing this style for a couple years now for everything and have never had chafing issues.

I actually go up a size on the band and down a size on the cups.
2013-07-22 7:02 AM
in reply to: jec03

User image

Originally posted by jec03

I used to wear these all the time - can't remember why I stopped...lol! they were the entirety of my bras while I was deployed - ohh the pain when I got back and had to start wearing underwire bras again...lol!

I may have to dig one of my old ones out and try it
2013-07-22 7:08 AM
in reply to: d00d

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by d00d

"Worthless without pics" comment...

I won't be the one to say it, though...

OK, I'll say it. No pix or it didn't happen
2013-07-24 11:43 AM
in reply to: austhokie

User image

Veteran
Vicksburg
Shock Absorber RUN bra. I am a reformed Moving Comfort wearer. I have 3 different MC, several Champions and although they perform well in the "no bounce" category, they chafe terribly. The MC's are ok for about an hour. Since they were my favorite for comfort, I resorted to putting plain white athletic tape on my back and the two spots on the front that were guaranteed to chafe. It worked for HM or sprint tri, but it won't hold up through a HIM swim. I've been wearing the Shock Absorber RUN for 9 months and have yet to chafe through any race distance. They are more expensive, but well worth it IMHO. I put it on and never think about it again until I take it off. Super comfortable and fully supportive for DD.

2013-07-24 2:37 PM
in reply to: runswithcrazydog

User image

Expert
Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.

Has anyone else thought that this thread has soooooo much potential if there were pictures posted?

**done being a perv and goes back to work**

2013-07-26 3:17 PM
in reply to: doxie

User image

Master
Rural Ontario
Originally posted by doxie

Titlenine.com has some good bras.

That's one of the funniest (if deliberate) or most unfortuante names for a website that sells bras.
2013-07-26 3:39 PM
in reply to: mgalanter

User image

Veteran
Vicksburg
Originally posted by mgalanter

Originally posted by doxie

Titlenine.com has some good bras.

That's one of the funniest (if deliberate) or most unfortuante names for a website that sells bras.

Title 9? They sell all kinds of athletic apparel for women -not just bras. Maybe you are not familiar with the actual Title IX it references? That is the educational amendment that attempts to create a more level opportunity for women in school sports. Any school that receives federal funding must provide a proportional opportunity for girls (high school) and women (college) to participate in sports. This resulted in an increase in women's team sports and college scholarships for female athletes.
2013-07-28 10:40 AM
in reply to: #4808392

The title beats all!! It reads like a dating add. That being said; My ex would wear two sports bras when she ran.
2013-07-28 11:10 AM
in reply to: siouxcityhawk

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by siouxcityhawk

Has anyone else thought that this thread has soooooo much potential if there were pictures posted?

**done being a perv and goes back to work**

Lol!!! We Wish!!! give it up!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Busty newbie looking for help!! Rss Feed  

of 2