General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving to Dalas Metroplex area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-11 4:44 PM

North Richland Hills, Texas
Subject: Moving to Dalas Metroplex area
My wife and I are moving to the Dallas Metro plex in the next few weeks. We'll be living in North Richland Hills. I've done some research but could also use some pointers. Where do we open water swim? Lake Grapevine I hear but where exactly? Running, but not on concrete?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2013-06-12 9:24 AM
in reply to: HendleyK

User image

Subject: RE: Moving to Dalas Metroplex area
There are a number of groups that run openwater swims. DFWTri and Mineo Athletics out at grapevine. Playtri runs once a month at Joe Pool Lake. I am sure there are others. Running not on pavement....if you find a place, let me know because I haven't located it yet....typically just the treadmill to give the legs a break.
2013-06-13 4:28 PM

User image

DFW, Tejas
Welcome to the neighborhood. Oakgrove park is where many OWS at Lake Grapevine. We have one of many adhoc groups that swim from the dog park to sandbass point and back along the shore, feel free to join us Friday mornings (have been starting at 6:30AM). Dallas Athletes also swim between those tow points. Mineo swims out of Meadowmere park off the beach there, and Irontex swims off of Lake View Park.

If you are looking for dirt trails there are several MTB trails that the trail runners use. Oakgrove park also has horseshoe trails and Northshore runs from Rockledge park on the north side of the Damn out past Murrell park.. Lake Grapevine Ruinners and Walkers is a great bunch to run with they have both road and trail group runs. www.lgraw.com.

PM me if you would like more info.
2013-06-19 2:09 PM
in reply to: Stude

North Richland Hills, Texas
Thanks for the info. Sorry it took so long for the reply. Moving and stuff.

We will be in our new house on the 27th and settled in in about a week. Hope I get a chance to meet you soon...out at the lake, etc. Thanks again.
2013-06-24 7:41 AM

User image

Perimeter Trash Dallas, TX
I do invidual swims at Hubbard (Surfside) and Ray Roberts (Johnson Branch). Both great places for OWS. Trail running is popular at CHSP and Northshore, I enjoy trail running at Isle Du Bois.
2013-06-24 8:07 AM

User image

New user

Dallas
DFW Tri ( www.dfwtriclub.com ) does the best OWS that I've done in the dallas area. They are done at Sand Bass Point at Lake Grapevine. The club has about 20+ coached workouts around the metroplex per week for you to drop in on.. run, swim, bike, and strength.

Welcome!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving to Dalas Metroplex area Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Maps for Metroplex sprint

Started by kproudfoot
Views: 727 Posts: 6

2007-06-01 12:43 PM kproudfoot

Open Water Swim Practice before Metroplex Sprint Pages: 1 2

Started by kproudfoot
Views: 1955 Posts: 37

2007-06-07 2:43 PM kproudfoot

Metroplex Sprint Tri Pages: 1 2 3

Started by kproudfoot
Views: 3241 Posts: 61

2007-06-10 7:19 PM Comet

Triathlon stores in the metroplex?

Started by sgt2133
Views: 1190 Posts: 11

2007-02-23 4:26 PM C-Ray

Metroplex Sprint Triathlon Pages: 1 2

Started by mkmbharris
Views: 2305 Posts: 27

2006-06-12 9:47 AM davidb
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 0
Feeling blah? Tempted to miss a workout? Here are some practices as well as on-the-spot tricks to get you into your workouts when you're just not feeling it.

date : March 16, 2009
author : Ron
comments : 1
How to copy, move and delete your training log workouts. Use this feature to perform customization to your training plans.
date : October 20, 2008
author : Lora109
comments : 9
I got about a minute into it and, despite bracing myself against it for months, I panicked. I could not get my breath. I said, "I can't do this, I can't do this."

date : June 4, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Don't know how to setup your triathlon transition area? We cover everything from wetsuit tips, bike check, nutrition, shoes, equipment placement to actual race day execution.
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?
date : September 4, 2004
author : surfking
How triathlons are very similiar to NASCAR.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
How to properly and effectively lay out your triathlon transition area.