Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Peterborough Sprint or Half - anyone going? Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-13 11:32 AM

User image

Veteran
Kitchener
Subject: Peterborough Sprint or Half - anyone going?
Hey folks, we have family in Peterborough so I signed up for that race to combine it with a family visit.
Just curious if anyone else is going to Peterborough, either for the Sprint or the Half Iron? Has anyone done them in the past? Always happy to hear from experience about the event.

Thanks!
erica.

2013-06-13 3:48 PM
in reply to: pilot_e

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Peterborough Sprint or Half - anyone going?

I did the half last year - not in for this year - but it is a good event.  For the half it got quite hot last year on the run.  The swim was also pretty warm. Most of us still wore wetsuits but it was definitely optional.  I didn't see the sprint at all but i am guessing it's even more enjoyable since you can stay out of the heat a little more than the half.  

The bike is in the country and pretty hilly - but my frame of reference prior to Peterborough half is Muskoka so I felt like it was very do-able.  But you should be ready for climbing.

Loved the finish in the shade!! 

2013-06-14 6:12 PM
in reply to: pilot_e

User image

Expert
I've done both the sprint and the half twice though I think they changed the run course on the sprint since I did it.

The second time doing the half I had to do the swim bike because I had torn my calf muscle the week before the race.

well organized, be prepared to swim straight into the swim on the way back to the beach. bike course has a bunch of short pretty steep hills. you have to cross a train track twice that is pretty rough - I have lost my scrunge type thing from my aerobottle there before. there will likely be lots of debris from other cyclists at the train tracks.

I believe the new sprint route is mostly shaded and in the park - should be a fast run.
2013-06-17 7:40 AM
in reply to: Daffodil

User image

Veteran
Kitchener
Great notes, thanks!! I'll tie everything down well
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Peterborough Sprint or Half - anyone going? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Peterborough Half-iron: It's hot, but it's a really humid heat

Started by AHare
Views: 1181 Posts: 3

2011-07-11 7:00 AM crmorton

Peterborough Tri

Started by etccallhome82
Views: 1461 Posts: 13

2010-07-07 7:08 PM jamiemutton1

Peterborough - Water Temperature

Started by dedwards
Views: 1105 Posts: 3

2009-07-04 6:24 PM latestarter

Peterborough - Lake Beavermead

Started by latestarter
Views: 2994 Posts: 7

2009-05-28 11:48 PM Nashville Lotus

swim 2k, bike90k,run 21k in Peterborough????????????

Started by millbag
Views: 1256 Posts: 6

2009-04-17 11:49 AM Freshjive
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 24, 2010
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
My question is am I playing with fire entering the half marathon this close to my primary goal for this season which is the HIM?

date : September 22, 2009
author : Ali Winslow
Is it realistic to race a sprint and Olympic distance race within 2-3 weeks of one another to gauge my progress before tackling the half Ironman?
date : April 22, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
I got a new pair of the same size / brand of shoes and started running on them. On my left foot, the toe next to the big toe starts to get a little painful and goes numb after the first 1-3 miles.

date : November 17, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 7
I just started doing tris this summer and I have two under my belt, both sprints. Is it reasonable to build up for a Oly in early ‘09, with a HIM in Oct of ‘09
date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.

date : July 30, 2006
author : IRONVIKING
If a heart patient can do these things, then so can those of you who haven't been split open like a fish and sewn back together.
date : January 29, 2006
author : sl2302
I just had a couple of problems, I could count the number of triathlons I had contested at zero. Secondly, I could count on one hand the number of times I had been swimming in the last 17 years.

date : February 28, 2005
author : Ron
comments : 11
Triathlon traning programs and plans from sprints and olympics to 1/2 and full Ironmans