Champion
Chicago
Subject: RE: Nice frickin shirt...
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by mr2tony
Originally posted by drewb8
Originally posted by Kido

I guess we indoctrinate them early.  An infant onesie:

I don't know, for me?  Tongue and cheek/joke - not a proclamation that math is not important or the daughter is going to be a diva.  I suppose there are people that could take what's said on a T-shirt as a life mission statement.  I'll assume the best in people (probably a fault of mine) and the parents will, in actuality, teach the kids to do well in school and not simply excel in the discipline of shopping.

I guess we did some indoctrinating too
Your opinion is null, and void. Baby's too young.

You don't have children.  You know nothing about babies.

I know enough about them to know I shouldn't have one!!!

2013-08-07 3:38 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Expert
Originally posted by drewb8

I guess we indoctrinate them early.  An infant onesie:

I don't know, for me?  Tongue and cheek/joke - not a proclamation that math is not important or the daughter is going to be a diva.  I suppose there are people that could take what's said on a T-shirt as a life mission statement.  I'll assume the best in people (probably a fault of mine) and the parents will, in actuality, teach the kids to do well in school and not simply excel in the discipline of shopping.

I guess we did some indoctrinating too
Your opinion is null, and void. Baby's too young.

You don't have children.  You know nothing about babies.

I know enough about them to know I shouldn't have one!!!

Famous last words....

2013-08-07 3:40 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Expert
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by mehaner
Originally posted by mrbbrad

Originally posted by Left Brain While we're on the subject of dumb things written on garmets.......my daughters will NEVER wear any shorts or pants with something written across the butt.  I don't know who the brain dead idiot was who thought that was a good idea for girls....but it's not, it's stupid

Crap. I agree with LB. Lightening has struck twice.

Especially when it's words like "Pink" or "Juicy"...  I may be an old man, but that's a bit icky to me.  Wife doesn't even wear that stuff, so I know the kids won't (if I ever have any.  Having none, maybe I shouldn't even contribute to the conversation).

good point, mr kido.  we are not allowed opinions at all.  i have 4 nieces and 3 nephews but it's not the same.

This is going to sound smart-azzy, but it's not meant to be...did anyone say anything about those w/o kids not being entitled to an opinion on kids' matters? Did I miss it, or is it just a general sentiment reference?

Eh....I remember a thread awhile ago....maybe even a year or so, where it was said that comments from people without kids, regarding kids, weren't relevant....or something along those lines.  There's been a lot of general whining from the kid-less crowd ever since.  I think it was Kate's fault. Laughing

WTF? 

2013-08-07 3:51 PM
in reply to: KateTri1

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX
Originally posted by KateTri1

Originally posted by Left Brain While we're on the subject of dumb things written on garmets.......my daughters will NEVER wear any shorts or pants with something written across the butt.  I don't know who the brain dead idiot was who thought that was a good idea for girls....but it's not, it's stupid

Especially when it's words like "Pink" or "Juicy"...  I may be an old man, but that's a bit icky to me.  Wife doesn't even wear that stuff, so I know the kids won't (if I ever have any.  Having none, maybe I shouldn't even contribute to the conversation).

good point, mr kido.  we are not allowed opinions at all.  i have 4 nieces and 3 nephews but it's not the same.

This is going to sound smart-azzy, but it's not meant to be...did anyone say anything about those w/o kids not being entitled to an opinion on kids' matters? Did I miss it, or is it just a general sentiment reference?

Eh....I remember a thread awhile ago....maybe even a year or so, where it was said that comments from people without kids, regarding kids, weren't relevant....or something along those lines.  There's been a lot of general whining from the kid-less crowd ever since.  I think it was Kate's fault. Laughing

WTF? 

Wrong Kate
2013-08-07 5:15 PM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Expert
Originally posted by bradleyd3

WTF? 

Wrong Kate

Speaking of the other Kate, where did she go?

2013-08-07 5:26 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

I like these two...

(all-daddy-wanted-was-a-blowjob.jpg)

(daddys-little-squirt.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
all-daddy-wanted-was-a-blowjob.jpg (22KB - 5 downloads)
daddys-little-squirt.jpg (35KB - 9 downloads)

2013-08-07 5:39 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

WTF? 

Don't worry.  It's not you or any Kate.

If it's the thread I'm thinking about.  It had to do with how kids address teachers about 11 months ago.  There was no comment about people without kids having an opinion or no "Kate" that even contributed.  So how that got attributed to a "Kate" or the cause of any whining doesn't make sense.

2013-08-07 5:51 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Regular
LHOTP

WTF? 

If it's the thread I'm thinking about.  It had to do with how kids address teachers about 11 months ago.  There was no comment about people without kids having an opinion or no "Kate" that even contributed.  So how that got attributed to a "Kate" or the cause of any whining doesn't make sense.

I have received more back story PMs and emails about the kids v no kids people than anything else I have ever commented on any board ever! Lol.
2013-08-07 5:58 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Sensei
Sin City

WTF? 

I have received more back story PMs and emails about the kids v no kids people than anything else I have ever commented on any board ever! Lol.

And I would take it all with a grain of salt, consider the sources, and realize it's based on perceptions.  PMing backstories sounds amusing.  Sounds all fun and gossipy and such.

2013-08-07 6:56 PM

User image

Expert

WTF? 

And I would take it all with a grain of salt, consider the sources, and realize it's based on perceptions.  PMing backstories sounds amusing.  Sounds all fun and gossipy and such.

lol. Kido.. you are a voice of reason. 

2013-08-07 7:04 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

WTF? 

I didn't mean for it to sound gossipy. None of the communication I received was sent with that intent. At least it didn't seem that way. I think people were actually trying to avoid drama, which is why they didn't post in the thread. As was suggested, I am new here; I think the mrssages I got were sent with kindness and sensitivity as the main intents.

2013-08-07 9:16 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

You couldn't make this stuff up. Laughing 

Talk about "wag the dog".  LMAO

You gotta have kids to understand it......sorry kid-less folks.  Tongue out

Kate.....you know who you are.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-08-07 9:45 PM
2013-08-07 10:13 PM

User image

Elite
I don't get it. What are we talking about?
2013-08-07 10:19 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Pro

Originally posted by powerman I don't get it. What are we talking about?

Dude....you gotta get out more.  Laughing

2013-08-08 6:00 AM

User image

Expert

You couldn't make this stuff up. Laughing 

Talk about "wag the dog".  LMAO

You gotta have kids to understand it......sorry kid-less folks.  Tongue out

Kate.....you know who you are.

Do us all a favor and get a haircut. 

2013-08-08 6:27 AM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Expert

LB is upset because he thinks people are gossiping about him behind his back... 

2013-08-08 8:29 AM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

LB is upset because he thinks people are gossiping about him behind his back... 

"Thinks"???? He knows we are.

2013-08-08 9:01 AM

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

Originally posted by switch  I think the messages I got were sent with kindness and sensitivity as the main intents.

I guess you didn't get mine.... Innocent

2013-08-08 9:54 AM
in reply to: mrbbrad

User image

Regular
LHOTP

I sent this message in response to a PM from Kido last night about my PMs on the kids v no kids crowd comment.  I'd like to say it to the group just so there's no confusion about the nature of the PMs:

I really wanted to respond to this last night, but I only had my phone, and I wanted to make sure I could type the way I wanted to.

None of the responses I got were in any way gossipy.  They were the opposite of that.  The people who contacted me were trying to answer my question kindly without stirring up more controversy.  One person even said, "I hope this just dies out because it can get pretty antagonistic on both sides."

The only reason  I even referenced the PMs in the thread was to let people know that it was a sensitive issue, and that people didn't want to discuss it publicly for fear of making it worse.  I thought it was interesting that the assumption that was made was that the PMs were "gossipy and such".

I had no idea what kind of hornet's nest I had hit when I asked that question, but there had been so many references to it, that I thought it would be OK to ask.  Kind of an elephant in the room thing.

BT seems to have some pretty strong cliques, which is not really my thing.  I give people lots of chances before I write them off, and I certainly don't let anyone else's opinion of someone sway me one way or the other.  I'm relatively new to internet forum stuff, so a lot of the questions I post are really just that. Questions. Just tryin to figure it out. 

BT is set up so that there are strict rules of engagement in the forums, and that is, in many ways, a very good idea.  Where it falls apart, and I believe the reason that it was assumed that there was gossiping here even though there was none, is that when people are restricted in what they say publicly, they often turn to doing that privately. 

I spent about four months in the LR on ST where it's an almost anything goes environment; the cliques and PMs were almost non existent because if people had an issue, they just laid it out there.  Interesting comparison.

I hated this stuff in highschool, and I don't do it as an adult. 

As for the no kids people commenting on kids' related issues?  Anyone is entitled to an opinion on anything, but if you think you know about kids and you haven't had your own, my opinion is that you don't. 

Someone who's been married to a triathlete, gone to a lot of races as a sherpa, and reads triathlete magazine may think they know a lot about how to race a HIM, and I'll certainly listen to what they say, but will I give it any weight? Nope. Do I think they sound foolish giving triathletes advice? Damn straight.

2013-08-08 10:00 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Well damn.....now I wish I would have PM'd you so I could be like the cool kids instead of just throwing it out on the board. Laughing

ETA - for the purpose of full disclosure, I've never owned a box turtle, but I think they eat lettuce.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-08-08 10:02 AM
2013-08-08 10:07 AM

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

for the purpose of full disclosure, I've never owned a box turtle, but I think they eat lettuce.

I've never really owned one either. I brought plenty of them home from the woods or the creek but they always escaped in a day or two from the outdoor pen I put them in.

2013-08-08 10:07 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Someone who's been married to a triathlete, gone to a lot of races as a sherpa, and reads triathlete magazine may think they know a lot about how to race a HIM, and I'll certainly listen to what they say, but will I give it any weight? Nope. Do I think they sound foolish giving triathletes advice? Damn straight. 

Exactly. And this goes on in every area of this site, it's not limited to kids/no kids but for some reason the kids/no kids issue compels people to be huge dbags on both sides.

There are threads EVERY DAY in tri talk where someone will ask a question about something like Ironman. Half of the responses start off "Well I've never done an Ironman but..." - of COURSE their opinion won't carry as much weight as the Kona qualifier. But they may very well still have a valid point. For example you don't have to do an Ironman to know that nutrition is key, or XYZ might help with that long ride issue you've been having. 

2013-08-08 10:37 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas
Originally posted by lisac957

Exactly. And this goes on in every area of this site, it's not limited to kids/no kids but for some reason the kids/no kids issue compels people to be huge dbags on both sides.

There are threads EVERY DAY in tri talk where someone will ask a question about something like Ironman. Half of the responses start off "Well I've never done an Ironman but..." - of COURSE their opinion won't carry as much weight as the Kona qualifier. But they may very well still have a valid point. For example you don't have to do an Ironman to know that nutrition is key, or XYZ might help with that long ride issue you've been having. 

hey, at least everyone agrees that weight lifting is important for tri training ;-)

2013-08-08 10:39 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

hey, at least everyone agrees that weight lifting is important for tri training ;-)

Crossfit....

2013-08-08 10:40 AM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by bradleyd3

Crossfit....

Shouldn't you guys be in TAN?

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Nice frickin shirt... Rss Feed  

of 8

RELATED POSTS

FRICKIN' LIAR! Pages: 1 2

Started by Bigfuzzydoug
Views: 2724 Posts: 35

2009-07-27 7:42 AM Bigfuzzydoug

Holy Frickin Addictive!

Started by ryanlc