General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving to Ft Hood area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-20 8:28 AM

User image

Regular
Whites Creek, Tennessee
Subject: Moving to Ft Hood area
Hey all! I'm getting ready to move to Ft Hood in the new year and looking for groups to ride/run with, any clubs, and any recommendations on coaching in the area. I know that the Austin area seems to have a race a week, so loving that! Looking forward to being able to ride and run year round!

Any info is appreciated! Thanks

Andrew

2013-11-20 10:04 PM
in reply to: brazee

User image

Veteran
Austin
Subject: RE: Moving to Ft Hood area
Welcome to TX. I moved to Austin 12 years ago, I love it. You are Northwest of Austin. However, Austin is growing more and more. The Killeen Waco area will be closest cities to the base. However the Round Rock, Georgetown area is booming. Check with the local bike and running shops.

Good Tri's Marble Falls Tri in July, Waco Tri, Pflugerville, Captex, Tri Rock, Kema (Houston), Greater Gator, Wurst Tri......many more.

Oh by the way. Thank you for being in the service for our country.
2013-11-24 5:26 PM
in reply to: TXwildcat

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Subject: RE: Moving to Ft Hood area
Welcome to the great place! My hubby is retired out of ft. Hood and we live up the road in Temple. There is a pretty active tri scene here. There are 3 bike groups and you can find them all on Facebook. Team army, team road kill, and the WOW group (women on wheels but men ride too). There are lots of local running events, but you have to travel a bit for tris, but you could race every weekend if you wanted to! There are some coaches around, but I kinda do my own thing, so can't really help you with that. There is a 25 meter indoor pool on post as well as some civilian pools and lake Belton is great for open water practice. Welcome to texas and BT!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving to Ft Hood area Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Moving to Dalas Metroplex area

Started by HendleyK
Views: 1515 Posts: 6

2013-06-24 8:07 AM dfwchris

Good run/bike routes around Ft. Hood area?

Started by No More Excuses
Views: 649 Posts: 1

2012-04-16 9:39 PM No More Excuses

fort hood groups

Started by jlgale82
Views: 1148 Posts: 4

2011-08-26 2:53 PM hildekq

Bike and Running Routes Near Ft. Hood/Killeen?

Started by InsertNameHere
Views: 8023 Posts: 7

2009-07-10 11:24 PM ArmyRacer

Looking for Bike in Ft. Worth or surrounding areas

Started by bigdave61387
Views: 832 Posts: 9

2007-03-25 10:08 PM KSH
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 0
Feeling blah? Tempted to miss a workout? Here are some practices as well as on-the-spot tricks to get you into your workouts when you're just not feeling it.

date : March 16, 2009
author : Ron
comments : 1
How to copy, move and delete your training log workouts. Use this feature to perform customization to your training plans.
date : October 20, 2008
author : Lora109
comments : 9
I got about a minute into it and, despite bracing myself against it for months, I panicked. I could not get my breath. I said, "I can't do this, I can't do this."

date : June 4, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Don't know how to setup your triathlon transition area? We cover everything from wetsuit tips, bike check, nutrition, shoes, equipment placement to actual race day execution.
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?
date : September 4, 2004
author : surfking
How triathlons are very similiar to NASCAR.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
How to properly and effectively lay out your triathlon transition area.