Other Resources The Political Joe » Cliven Bundy - States Rights Patriot or Domestic Terrorist? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2014-04-25 3:01 PM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Cliven Bundy - States Rights Patriot or Domestic Terrorist?

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly

Originally posted by Left Brain

The guy is an absolute moron.

Is that your professional opinion?

I can't claim it.  I channeled Martin Luther King this morning and those are his words.

2014-04-25 3:05 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn He can't seem to help himself. Here's what he had to say today, by way of an explanation: "Maybe I sinned... and maybe I don't know what I actually said. ... If I say Negro or black or slave ... if those people cannot take those kind of words and not be (offended), then Martin Luther King hasn't got his job done yet. ... We need to get over this prejudice stuff," Oy. Um, no, MLK hasn't 'got his job done yet'. Due in part to the fact that some other ignorant racist idiot went and killed him, oh, a few decades ago, give or take. Or didn't the news make it all the way out the ranch yet?

I think that idiot is too stupid to bring up Martin Luther King or Rosa Parks......I think some other idiot(s) coached him to that......and he couldn't even make a coherent thought out of it, no matter how dumb the premise would be or which dumbarse thought it up.

I didn't listen to any of his statements in context and only saw the snippets of the racial pieces, but all I could think of was; what the heck does this have to do with his cattle grazing on federal land?

2014-04-25 3:06 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn He can't seem to help himself. Here's what he had to say today, by way of an explanation: "Maybe I sinned... and maybe I don't know what I actually said. ... If I say Negro or black or slave ... if those people cannot take those kind of words and not be (offended), then Martin Luther King hasn't got his job done yet. ... We need to get over this prejudice stuff," Oy. Um, no, MLK hasn't 'got his job done yet'. Due in part to the fact that some other ignorant racist idiot went and killed him, oh, a few decades ago, give or take. Or didn't the news make it all the way out the ranch yet?

I think that idiot is too stupid to bring up Martin Luther King or Rosa Parks......I think some other idiot(s) coached him to that......and he couldn't even make a coherent thought out of it, no matter how dumb the premise would be or which dumbarse thought it up.

I didn't listen to any of his statements in context and only saw the snippets of the racial pieces, but all I could think of was; what the heck does this have to do with his cattle grazing on federal land?

I gotta run but you can find it on CNN.......it's priceless. HAHAHAHA!!!

2014-04-25 3:08 PM

User image

Pro

"And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things.."

Mr. Bundy has forgotten the part about slaves being sold and families being ripped apart. And most of US history.

2014-04-25 3:09 PM

User image

Pro

The guy is an absolute moron.

Is that your professional opinion?

I can't claim it.  I channeled Martin Luther King this morning and those are his words.

So, you had a dream?

2014-04-25 3:12 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Guys, I did some research and I figured out the reason for his comments.

Mad Cow Disease!

Edited by BrianRunsPhilly 2014-04-25 3:16 PM

Attachments
----------------
cow.jpeg (32KB - 2 downloads)

2014-04-25 3:37 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

Mad Cow Disease!

That's udderly ridiculous.
2014-04-25 3:59 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Originally posted by mr2tony

Mad Cow Disease!

That's udderly ridiculous.

Let him milk it for all it is worth.

2014-05-09 7:00 PM

User image

Master
Sunny Southern Cal

I'm trying to figure out what the guy with the rifle on the overpass is thinking.   Hell, even the guy with the camera can kill him.  LMAO

I sure home he made the "MILITA SIGHN IN." on time.

Wouldn't putting your name on that list be something you'd want to avoid?

It's hard to say who's watching those boneeads..... but I know this.. if the chit hits the fan I'm not fighting with the folks who write "MILITA SIGHN IN".  

The thing is, if something did go down, it's certain the government would win any armed conflict, but all that would do is inflame the militias and anti-government conspiracy theorists.

By the way, is what the militias are doing legal? I would think there's multiple laws about pointing weapons at Federal officials.

Yeah, I don't know what the heck is going on with that.  I know if we were at a "disturbance" and someone pointed a gun at us it would likely end poorly for the gun pointer.  I don't have any idea how that goofball can do what he's doing unless nobody knew he was.  Dying over a bunch cows seems stupid to me. LOL

http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-investigate-cliven-bundy-2014-5

What would the charges be for that?  Brandishing, threatening, WMD?

2014-05-10 10:42 AM
in reply to: SevenZulu

User image

Master
Sunny Southern Cal

www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-utah-blm-militia-bundy-20140509-story.html

It would appear that armed standoffs over federal land ownership are on the upswing.  What do you suppose the cost of caring for that land is?  I guess in this case the local government wants to take the land because the locals need the canyon as an ATV track?

2014-05-10 7:56 PM
in reply to: SevenZulu

User image

Pro

Originally posted by SevenZulu

It would appear that armed standoffs over federal land ownership are on the upswing.  What do you suppose the cost of caring for that land is?  I guess in this case the local government wants to take the land because the locals need the canyon as an ATV track?

The land belongs to the Federal govt.  Like it or not they are the stewards of the land to protect it for the enjoyment of all of us, not just some folks who wants to tear it up with ATV's.  I like ATV's and off road motorcycles.....but we always road where we were allowed to ride, not in protected areas.

Mark my words.....if this keeps up, with citizens pointing rifles at BLM agents doing their lawful duty......someone is going to get killed.  Some moron may say that it will lead to a "revolution", but it won't.....it will lead to more dead idiots.  If you don't like the law you work to change the law.....you don't threaten people doing their jobs by pointing a gun at them.  People will die over this stupid crap.

2014-05-12 8:21 AM

User image

Pro

The land belongs to the Federal govt.  Like it or not they are the stewards of the land to protect it for the enjoyment of all of us, not just some folks who wants to tear it up with ATV's.  I like ATV's and off road motorcycles.....but we always road where we were allowed to ride, not in protected areas.

Mark my words.....if this keeps up, with citizens pointing rifles at BLM agents doing their lawful duty......someone is going to get killed.  Some moron may say that it will lead to a "revolution", but it won't.....it will lead to more dead idiots.  If you don't like the law you work to change the law.....you don't threaten people doing their jobs by pointing a gun at them.  People will die over this stupid crap.

From the article SevenZulu posted: "Earlier this week, two men wearing hooded sweatshirts brandished a handgun at a BLM worker driving an agency vehicle, holding up a sign that read, You need to die.”

Yeah, that's not an intelligent thing to do. I can see that escalating very quickly, and it won't end well for the person threatening a Federal official. These people really are idiots.

2014-05-12 8:39 AM

User image

Master
Sunny Southern Cal

I just want to know who's protecting the cows now that the moolitia pulled out to Utah.  I guess in the hierarchy, ATV > Cow.

2014-05-12 8:55 AM

User image

Champion
Lost in the Luminiferous Aether

How do you define enjoyment for all of us and who gets to decide, based on what criteria? BLM and the fed have been shutting down more and more land out west at the behest of environmentalists and often for corporate interests. Those lands you used to be able to use are getting shut down one by one. Why should some city guy in New York be able to tell people where they can and cannot ride, fly model airplane, shoot, or rappel, etc. in a place he has never seen and likely will never visit? Is pointing a gun at BLM officers the answer, of course not but when you get ignored repeatedly cause you're not on someone's campaign contribution list getting heard rarely happens. A good set of bolt cutters can often come in handy though!
2014-05-12 9:08 AM
in reply to: trinnas

User image

Pro

Originally posted by trinnas

How do you define enjoyment for all of us and who gets to decide, based on what criteria? BLM and the fed have been shutting down more and more land out west at the behest of environmentalists and often for corporate interests. Those lands you used to be able to use are getting shut down one by one. Why should some city guy in New York be able to tell people where they can and cannot ride, fly model airplane, shoot, or rappel, etc. in a place he has never seen and likely will never visit? Is pointing a gun at BLM officers the answer, of course not but when you get ignored repeatedly cause you're not on someone's campaign contribution list getting heard rarely happens. A good set of bolt cutters can often come in handy though!

The owner of the land, in this case the Federal govt., gets to decide.  You don't have to like it, and personally I don't always like it either.....but if you want to put law enforcement agents at the barrel of the gun to make your point then get ready to die, because it's not a game if you jeopardize my safety or threaten my life. 

I'm not a big govt. guy, but I'm not for anarchy either.  If you don't like the law then you work to get the law changed.  If you want to use force to get the law changed then prepare for a fight......and in the case of threatening with guns, prepare to die.

From the pictures I have seen, and what I've been reading on law enforcement bulletins, the federal agents have showed remarkable restraint.....probably because many of us in law enforcement can be sympathetic toward people standing up for their rights......but there is a limit, and there is a point where our safety becomes jeopardized.  At that point, someone will get killed.  I fear it's headed in that direction.

2014-05-12 9:50 AM

User image

Champion

The owner of the land, in this case the Federal govt., gets to decide.  You don't have to like it, and personally I don't always like it either.....but if you want to put law enforcement agents at the barrel of the gun to make your point then get ready to die, because it's not a game if you jeopardize my safety or threaten my life. 

I'm not a big govt. guy, but I'm not for anarchy either.  If you don't like the law then you work to get the law changed.  If you want to use force to get the law changed then prepare for a fight......and in the case of threatening with guns, prepare to die.

From the pictures I have seen, and what I've been reading on law enforcement bulletins, the federal agents have showed remarkable restraint.....probably because many of us in law enforcement can be sympathetic toward people standing up for their rights......but there is a limit, and there is a point where our safety becomes jeopardized.  At that point, someone will get killed.  I fear it's headed in that direction.

The Feds get to decide... That really is the point of much of what is happening. With the stroke of a pen some guys thousands of miles away with his own agenda gets to decide? Why, and what to you do about government overreach when no one else cares? No one here gave a rats arse about that land until some people armed themselves and said no! Now you all think they're idiots but they got your attention! The federal laws are no longer about or for the people! They are about power for the special interest. When you have no power can you really blame people for seeking it out where they can? The melodrama about the law enforcement officials aside I agree they have shown remarkable restraint. Then again they are likely locals in the communities where this is all playing out. I'd be willing to bet both sides would like this to be resolved peacefully with no shots fired. It's easy to sit a thousand miles away and kibitz everyone's decisions and motives but chest beating just begets more chest beating! Calling people idiots and telling them to prepare to die does nothing about the underlying issue, state vs federal control. The Feds don't care about the average joe out west, they care about power and control. They have proven that time and again! I grew up in NM, there are more people in the city of New York alone than live in the entire state. They have no real voice in the federal government! So how exactly do they get the laws changed, with no voice, other than to make the rest of the country stand up and take notice?

2014-05-12 10:01 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Then again they are likely locals in the communities where this is all playing out.

Not anymore.....which is why this will end poorly.  You can call pointing guns at law enforcement melodrama all you want....it gets you killed. 

The fact remains, we are a nation of laws.  If you want the laws changed there are avenues to get that done.  Once you take up arms everybody stops listening and prepares for a fight.....that's just life.  

And sorry......as far as getting people's attention this is pretty far down the list....nobody cares about a handful of people who want to take the law into their own hands.  

You and I probably agree more than you realize on these types of issues.....but I've dealt with people like this a time or two....they're extremists and zealots, and probably by this point, like law enforcement who have been dispatched to that area, a lot of them are not locals either, just chit disturbers.

The far left AND the far right can all go jump off a cliff as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Left Brain 2014-05-12 10:02 AM
2014-05-12 10:30 AM

User image

Champion

The far left AND the far right can all go jump off a cliff as far as I'm concerned.

On this we most certainly agree!!
2014-05-12 12:09 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

LB, the citizens of America own the land and they entrust the Federal government to manage it through the BLM.

Yes, there are laws and the laws need to be followed or changed through the legal process, so I think we're in agreement there.  I do take minor issue with the BLM acting as a heavily armed police force because the infractions related to their charter are all civil in nature.  Break the law and pay a fine.  In the event of somebody like Bundy refusing to follow the law, then you call the police who will show up with force, if necessary.  It seems like virtually every government agency is forming their own police force, which is not a good thing.

I wholeheartedly agree that anyone who points a gun at a government official (of any kind) is not going to turn out well for anyone.  I'm a strong supporter of "you can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride" mentality.  I'll always comply with any law enforcement entity no matter how wrong or out of line they are.  I'll fight them in court, where my odds of winning are far greater.  

2014-05-12 12:15 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tuwood

LB, the citizens of America own the land and they entrust the Federal government to manage it through the BLM.

Yes, there are laws and the laws need to be followed or changed through the legal process, so I think we're in agreement there.  I do take minor issue with the BLM acting as a heavily armed police force because the infractions related to their charter are all civil in nature.  Break the law and pay a fine.  In the event of somebody like Bundy refusing to follow the law, then you call the police who will show up with force, if necessary.  It seems like virtually every government agency is forming their own police force, which is not a good thing.

I wholeheartedly agree that anyone who points a gun at a government official (of any kind) is not going to turn out well for anyone.  I'm a strong supporter of "you can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride" mentality.  I'll always comply with any law enforcement entity no matter how wrong or out of line they are.  I'll fight them in court, where my odds of winning are far greater.  

I agree with the bolded part.

As for the "citizens of America own the land".......I agree with that too but the problem there is that you have idiots and groups of idiots that think "own" means they can do whatever they want on the land that also belongs to everyone else.....so I don't like to frame it that way.

2014-05-12 9:35 PM

User image

Elite
Reno
Every time I see his first name written out, I see "cloven" like "cloven hooves"?

my apologies if anyone else is named Cliven, but it is my first encounter with the name.

. The general opinion of the mining community is that the BLM is a bit of a pain, but that the Bundy situation is not doing anyone who uses public lands any good. I am all for the group moving to hold the next Burning Man down there next door to his ranch on BLM land. "multi-use" indeed!

2014-05-14 1:00 PM
in reply to: bootygirl

Extreme Veteran
A'ali, Bahrain

Sigh, I get a bit confused by the prominence of the American flag in pictures of the situation.  Cliven Bundy has stated that he doesn't recognize the federal government which the flag represents.  Of course the folks rallied around Mr. Bundy probably represent a certain amount of diversity.

I do get that Nevada is a very different place from DC.  As an educator, I saw the problems with federal laws when the "No Child Left Behind" policy/legislature was being promoted.  Many of the ideas made sense for big cities but my sisters in Alaska laughed at the ideas of closing down schools with low test scores as often there is only one school in town and these bush schools often struggle to keep teachers.

As a fiscal conservative, I hate to see gov money going to round up these cows.  I've played around with the idea of the government issuing hunting permits for hunting these cows . . .  or . . . hmmm . . . maybe instead some anti federal gov folks could just head out into Basin and Range country and bag themselves some free range organic beef.  To look good to Bundy and his buddies these anti-government hunters could drive an illegal ATV and there we go freedom for all.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Cliven Bundy - States Rights Patriot or Domestic Terrorist? Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

The State of Cable News Networks today...

Started by ScudRunner
Views: 1106 Posts: 1

2013-09-24 12:39 PM ScudRunner

Anything like this in you state?

Started by robbmt
Views: 2041 Posts: 20

2013-08-27 4:59 PM tuwood

Your state government

Started by JoshR
Views: 2017 Posts: 20

2013-09-18 8:36 AM TriMyBest

Supreme Court stops use of key part of Voting Rights Act

Started by DanielG
Views: 2172 Posts: 22

2013-07-03 3:23 PM TriRSquared

Domestic Violence and teachers Pages: 1 2

Started by BAMBAM66
Views: 3887 Posts: 49

2013-06-25 11:10 PM lakelandsledder
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 13, 2013
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
CGI’s headline races are the New Jersey State Triathlon and Black Bear, which is a half-iron and Olympic distance race in the Poconos in early June. We interview the race director, Michelle Redrow.

date : February 29, 2012
author : sarals
Unforeseen challenges make for a compelling race.
date : June 28, 2011
author : AMSSM
After two stress fractures, does new pain mean bad news?

date : September 16, 2010
author : LifterCatcher
comments : 3
As the fog cleared, the buoy that I first saw earlier in the morning was just the first marker in a very long line of buoys that stretched across the lake like a runway for a 747 jetliner.
date : September 25, 2009
I have a torn labrum in the right hip that I'm getting surgery for this Friday. Also the doctor is grinding some bone that caused it to tear. Do you have any good ideas on returning to training?

date : December 19, 2008
I just completed my first Ironman season and I was free of injuries. I am now just messing around when I run at a fast pace (for me), I get a shooting pain in my right knee.
date : December 19, 2008
My right knee has a pain in the front, just below the kneecap. I walked 24 miles of IM Louisville. No pain while walking but it started immediately when trying to run.

date : December 3, 2007
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Complete course preview of the New Jersey State triathlon featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!