General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Taking workout with you on the bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2014-07-08 2:02 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Subject: RE: Taking workout with you on the bike
Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by AdventureBear  PS Someday the 5 x 3' will be part of the warmup...the main set will feel even harder.

Just how hard do you having people do the 3' intervals in such a case?

I do something like the pattern listed earlier for the first set, but well up in Z5, which is why I was thinking that was the primary part of the main set. I probably could have clarified more with "very hard" instead of just leaving it at "hard". Then the later 20' would be additional sweet spot work as that tends to be somewhere around the Z3/Z4 border (and it can still be rather challenging after busting hard on the first part!). I tend to see more work at done at this level if it was the primary part and less of the earlier work. That many shorter interval seemed like a lot to get things warmed up for the later part. I like taking more than most and that would be well past what I'd do.

it's a matter of total training stress within a workout. 5 x 3' of Vo2 max is a stiff main set, but still only 15' of VO2 effort. Advanced Vo2 workouts can involve 30-40' max for mere mortals.

When building training stress over time no matter how hard you go on the 3' efforts with 2' rest, it's still going to be a max of 15' of work at something slightly over threshold. Hard? Yes for sure. But there is always another step to go to.

Just pointing out that including a 5x3' hard effort (2' rest) in a warmup isn't unrealistic depending on what total stress you're going for. Cyclocross racing for example, you almost need that before the main race because you have to hit it totally opened up from the start.

2014-07-08 2:10 PM
in reply to: AdventureBear

User image

Pro

We do the "go until you feel like you are going to puke and then slow down until you feel better, repeat" workout.....usually for about an hour.  Seems to work OK.

2014-07-08 2:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by AdventureBear

Originally posted by AdventureBear  PS Someday the 5 x 3' will be part of the warmup...the main set will feel even harder.

I do something like the pattern listed earlier for the first set, but well up in Z5, which is why I was thinking that was the primary part of the main set. I probably could have clarified more with "very hard" instead of just leaving it at "hard". Then the later 20' would be additional sweet spot work as that tends to be somewhere around the Z3/Z4 border (and it can still be rather challenging after busting hard on the first part!). I tend to see more work at done at this level if it was the primary part and less of the earlier work. That many shorter interval seemed like a lot to get things warmed up for the later part. I like taking more than most and that would be well past what I'd do.

it's a matter of total training stress within a workout. 5 x 3' of Vo2 max is a stiff main set, but still only 15' of VO2 effort. Advanced Vo2 workouts can involve 30-40' max for mere mortals. When building training stress over time no matter how hard you go on the 3' efforts with 2' rest, it's still going to be a max of 15' of work at something slightly over threshold. Hard? Yes for sure. But there is always another step to go to. Just pointing out that including a 5x3' hard effort (2' rest) in a warmup isn't unrealistic depending on what total stress you're going for. Cyclocross racing for example, you almost need that before the main race because you have to hit it totally opened up from the start.

Sufferfest Revolver is only 15' (ok really 16) minutes of VO2 work, but it's one of the hardest workouts they have.

What does a workout with 40' worth of VO2 look like?

2014-07-08 2:36 PM

Master
Northern IL

it's a matter of total training stress within a workout. 5 x 3' of Vo2 max is a stiff main set, but still only 15' of VO2 effort. Advanced Vo2 workouts can involve 30-40' max for mere mortals. When building training stress over time no matter how hard you go on the 3' efforts with 2' rest, it's still going to be a max of 15' of work at something slightly over threshold. Hard? Yes for sure. But there is always another step to go to. Just pointing out that including a 5x3' hard effort (2' rest) in a warmup isn't unrealistic depending on what total stress you're going for. Cyclocross racing for example, you almost need that before the main race because you have to hit it totally opened up from the start.

Oh, ok. So you were coming at this from a much broader sense of cycling? I was looking more from someone earlier on in his training and as a blend of a decent workout, but not too overbearing. I've seen some things in the back of books like T&R w/a Powermeter that are just mind-boggling to someone with more of a TT emphasis. One that stuck out was 8 x 1' @150%, 1' rec to "open things up" and then get to the main workout. My power profile is so wrong to even complete that part! For other types of racing they would definitely need it.

2014-07-08 2:56 PM
in reply to: 0

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by msteiner

Sufferfest Revolver is only 15' (ok really 16) minutes of VO2 work, but it's one of the hardest workouts they have.

For me, I'd do the original 5 x 3'(2') up around 112-115% or so. Maybe a little higher sometimes, but this tends to be more repeatable. If I dropped that to about 108% then I could do more intervals in that pattern. Maybe twice as many? Still working within the >105-120% I've seen for Z5. The cyclocross athletes will have a different profile and could likely do more still, bigger intervals, or work at a higher level. Kind of a fun one to figure out with the varying relationship, but I've been trying to at least be sure of getting above 105% when I want to target VO2 more specifically.

ETA: And I think Revolver tends to get up into anaerobic some as it's often past 120%, some going past 130% for all of them.

Edited by brigby1 2014-07-08 2:58 PM
2014-07-08 3:04 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

For me, I'd do the original 5 x 3'(2') up around 112-115% or so. Maybe a little higher sometimes, but this tends to be more repeatable. If I dropped that to about 108% then I could do more intervals in that pattern. Maybe twice as many? Still working within the >105-120% I've seen for Z5. The cyclocross athletes will have a different profile and could likely do more still, bigger intervals, or work at a higher level. Kind of a fun one to figure out with the varying relationship, but I've been trying to at least be sure of getting above 105% when I want to target VO2 more specifically.

ETA: And I think Revolver tends to get up into anaerobic some as it's often past 120%, some going past 130% for all of them.

Yeah I guess hanging around at 105-110% doing 40 minutes worth is doable.  You're right about Revolver, I think.  Looking back at it they go about 30 watts above the peak of what is VO2 for me.

Edited by msteiner 2014-07-08 3:05 PM

2014-07-09 6:54 AM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cypress, TX

Originally posted by TriMyBest

Originally posted by GMAN 19030

If you have to write it down it's too complicated.  Just ride.

I agree with this in general, and I think Suzanne was trying to politely say something similar (the details for the warm up don't matter.  The main sets do.)

I disagree with the "just ride" part.  Only my opinion, but I think that's fine for someone with your experience, GMAN, because you know how hard you need to ride and how much to get results.  I've experienced a number of beginners who simply don't have any frame of reference, so they don't push intervals hard enough to see improvements.  That's where some structure accompanied by a system for prescribing intensity becomes more important.

I didn't mean it in the complete literal sense.  I meant it as ride your intervals and sweet spots but just keep the task simple enough that it doesn't require a photographic memory or taping a list of instructions to your bike.

That's why I feel the long bike ride should just be about riding and leave the interval and very structured workouts to the indoor trainer where it's much easier to follow a list of workout instructions.

2014-07-09 11:06 AM
in reply to: GMAN 19030

Arden, North Carolina

I agree with this in general, and I think Suzanne was trying to politely say something similar (the details for the warm up don't matter.  The main sets do.)

I disagree with the "just ride" part.  Only my opinion, but I think that's fine for someone with your experience, GMAN, because you know how hard you need to ride and how much to get results.  I've experienced a number of beginners who simply don't have any frame of reference, so they don't push intervals hard enough to see improvements.  That's where some structure accompanied by a system for prescribing intensity becomes more important.

I didn't mean it in the complete literal sense.  I meant it as ride your intervals and sweet spots but just keep the task simple enough that it doesn't require a photographic memory or taping a list of instructions to your bike.

That's why I feel the long bike ride should just be about riding and leave the interval and very structured workouts to the indoor trainer where it's much easier to follow a list of workout instructions.

The only place I'd ever even attempt an outdoor, interval workout is the bike track. I'm not sure how you could even do that unless you had a VERY long stretch of road with no lights, stop signs, or traffic. I think if you want a really tough interval workout, it's far too dangerous to do outdoors. I often fall to my handlebars after a hard interval, and I'd hate to do that outdoors. Not to mention, stopping at lights would kill a hard interval, traffic all around you is very distracting, and takes away from your focus on the interval.
Like you said, outdoor workouts for me are either long easy rides, or focused on hills where I find a route with lots of them. The intervals stay indoors. Plus it's the only time I can watch tv shows that are either uninteresting to the wife(house of cards, west wing), or way too inappropriate for the little one (walking dead).
2014-07-09 11:09 AM
in reply to: TriDadinAsheville

User image

Pro

Originally posted by TriDadinAsheville

The only place I'd ever even attempt an outdoor, interval workout is the bike track. I'm not sure how you could even do that unless you had a VERY long stretch of road with no lights, stop signs, or traffic. I think if you want a really tough interval workout, it's far too dangerous to do outdoors. I often fall to my handlebars after a hard interval, and I'd hate to do that outdoors. Not to mention, stopping at lights would kill a hard interval, traffic all around you is very distracting, and takes away from your focus on the interval. Like you said, outdoor workouts for me are either long easy rides, or focused on hills where I find a route with lots of them. The intervals stay indoors. Plus it's the only time I can watch tv shows that are either uninteresting to the wife(house of cards, west wing), or way too inappropriate for the little one (walking dead).

We have a 4 mile dedicated bike loop 2 miles from the house.....we do outdoor intervals as long as the weather holds. 

2014-07-09 11:14 AM
in reply to: RedCorvette

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Low tech solution for those without fancy electronics and with bad memories--write it on an index card, put it in the bento box, take out to consult as needed (though not in traffic--maybe pull over).
2014-07-09 11:20 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by Left Brain

The only place I'd ever even attempt an outdoor, interval workout is the bike track. I'm not sure how you could even do that unless you had a VERY long stretch of road with no lights, stop signs, or traffic. I think if you want a really tough interval workout, it's far too dangerous to do outdoors. I often fall to my handlebars after a hard interval, and I'd hate to do that outdoors. Not to mention, stopping at lights would kill a hard interval, traffic all around you is very distracting, and takes away from your focus on the interval. Like you said, outdoor workouts for me are either long easy rides, or focused on hills where I find a route with lots of them. The intervals stay indoors. Plus it's the only time I can watch tv shows that are either uninteresting to the wife(house of cards, west wing), or way too inappropriate for the little one (walking dead).

We have a 4 mile dedicated bike loop 2 miles from the house.....we do outdoor intervals as long as the weather holds. 

Hill repeats, when available.

2014-07-09 11:23 AM

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

When I do intervals, it's usually in the winter on the trainer. If the workout is too much for me to remember when I'm out on the road, then it's not a workout I want to do on the road.

2014-07-09 11:28 AM

User image

Pro

Our area is not particularly bike friendly.....but just outside that 4 mile closed loop is the entrance to the park, one of the favorite strava KOM's in the area.....we do repeats there too.  It's actually a perfect place for a bike workout all the way around.  Can't call it a fun place to ride, but it builds a nice engine.

2014-07-09 11:33 AM
in reply to: mrbbrad

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
I'm surprised by the turn this has taken. Trainer work in the middle of summer? Isn't that quite a pita?

I guess I'm lucky. My town has one stoplight and I'd hit it on warm up or cool down. The next (real) town over has only one stoplight, too. If the timing is right I can head out my door and not stop for anything for a 70 mile ride, easy. I'm not saying that I won't hit a country road stop sign on that route, just that the odds I need to come to a complete stop at it are slim.

I need to get faster. Should I not be doing interval work in the summer? It sounds like some people save it for the winter trainer. How do you get faster in the summer?
2014-07-09 11:35 AM
in reply to: Danno77

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
P.S. When I say that there is only one stoplight, I don't mean that I only come to one stoplight. I mean that there is only one in the town.
2014-07-09 11:44 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cypress, TX

Originally posted by Danno77 I'm surprised by the turn this has taken. Trainer work in the middle of summer? Isn't that quite a pita? I guess I'm lucky. My town has one stoplight and I'd hit it on warm up or cool down. The next (real) town over has only one stoplight, too. If the timing is right I can head out my door and not stop for anything for a 70 mile ride, easy. I'm not saying that I won't hit a country road stop sign on that route, just that the odds I need to come to a complete stop at it are slim. I need to get faster. Should I not be doing interval work in the summer? It sounds like some people save it for the winter trainer. How do you get faster in the summer?

I ride 4x per week but only one of those rides is outdoors.  It's less of an administrative pain in the butt riding on the trainer as I have to get everything ready, drive 20 minutes each way, and all that when I ride outdoors.  It's also 95-110 degrees outside during the summer which makes riding outdoors miserable.

2014-07-09 12:00 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

Master
Northern IL

Our area is not particularly bike friendly.....but just outside that 4 mile closed loop is the entrance to the park, one of the favorite strava KOM's in the area.....we do repeats there too.  It's actually a perfect place for a bike workout all the way around.  Can't call it a fun place to ride, but it builds a nice engine.

That was more for Josh, look at his location. Certainly understand not having availability, considering my location! There are some hills that are challenging to get up, but they're so short. Most everything is well under a minute. Can make them hard, but not the kind of hard I'm looking for. There are a handful within a big radius that might take a couple minutes, but I prefer longer still. These also tend to not have good areas to just keep going hard afterward either.

2014-07-09 12:02 PM
in reply to: GMAN 19030

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by Danno77 I'm surprised by the turn this has taken. Trainer work in the middle of summer? Isn't that quite a pita? I guess I'm lucky. My town has one stoplight and I'd hit it on warm up or cool down. The next (real) town over has only one stoplight, too. If the timing is right I can head out my door and not stop for anything for a 70 mile ride, easy. I'm not saying that I won't hit a country road stop sign on that route, just that the odds I need to come to a complete stop at it are slim. I need to get faster. Should I not be doing interval work in the summer? It sounds like some people save it for the winter trainer. How do you get faster in the summer?

I ride 4x per week but only one of those rides is outdoors.  It's less of an administrative pain in the butt riding on the trainer as I have to get everything ready, drive 20 minutes each way, and all that when I ride outdoors.  It's also 95-110 degrees outside during the summer which makes riding outdoors miserable.

Similar here. Trainer is so much more convenient for weekday workouts. I'd have to go a long ways to reach good areas to do them. Even then, they would still tend to be shorter ones. Not really interested in driving out either.

2014-07-09 1:41 PM

Arden, North Carolina

Similar here. Trainer is so much more convenient for weekday workouts. I'd have to go a long ways to reach good areas to do them. Even then, they would still tend to be shorter ones. Not really interested in driving out either.

And depending on your time constraints, the efficiency of a trainer can't be beat. I get a better workout in an hour on the trainer than 90 minutes outside. Just so much easier to push myself harder on the trainer. I can ride from my house, but it requires a few miles of scary roads with back woods rednecks who think I'm a jerk or worse for having the audacity to ride my bike on their roads.
The training I just put on shoes and hop on(course I have to set up the screen for a movie, and crank up trainer road), but an hour and I"m done. And the wife and kid can come say hi, as long as i'm not doing sufferfest, in which case I'm screaming obscenities for the better part of an hour.
2014-07-09 4:46 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven

Well the "classic" Vo2 workout is 5' x 5' or 5 x 6' or 6' x 6'. If folks are responding well I like to test that and see if they can hold their prior tested 5' max wattage for 7 or 8 minutes. Yes it hurts but Vo2 max wattage can be held anwhere from 5-8', and if you're an 8' VO2er, wouldn't you want to know so you can maximize it? I only do this for advanced cyclists & triathletes who are responding well.
2014-07-09 4:59 PM

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Oh, ok. So you were coming at this from a much broader sense of cycling? I was looking more from someone earlier on in his training and as a blend of a decent workout, but not too overbearing. I've seen some things in the back of books like T&R w/a Powermeter that are just mind-boggling to someone with more of a TT emphasis. One that stuck out was 8 x 1' @150%, 1' rec to "open things up" and then get to the main workout. My power profile is so wrong to even complete that part! For other types of racing they would definitely need it.

Well my original intent was to help the OP learn how to learn workouts, placing components into buckets. All kinds of objections were raised about were 5 x 3' (2'recovery) would fall.

Yes, I'm trying to provide a broader context.

And...TTers would probabaly get a lot out of an 8 x 1' @ 150% effort in terms of building fitness if it were gradually introduced inot hteir training schedule. Why? Well anaerobic work requires aerobic recovery...rasies threshold & fatburning. Boom...higher FTP.

Pretty much anything can be worked in at the right time in a periodized plan as long as it's dealt with smartly in a progressive nature.

one of my triathletes won the women's TN state TT cycling championship last month...her staple workout is a rotating 4 x 8' @ 30" pull/30" draft with 5' recoveries in between, done with a partner of the same speed. That's 32' of work somewhere between threshold & Vo2max, or probably falling in at about 110% threshold if not more. That'd be defined as "VO2 max" in a lot of box. We arrived at that workout over about 2-3 months of working up to 4 x 8' efforts at threshold, having success and wanting to push it a little more so we tried it as a 2 person paceline...she got to share the work, have good company and it seemed to help boost both their fitness levels. by notchign up the intensity of each 8' effort a little more. THe 30' draft was not a rest as the other person was pulling pretty hard.

There are just so many ways to create fitness, nothing can be ruled in or ruled out, and part of the art is learning how to do interval work well without cooking yourself.

ie in the OP's post if the 20' z3/Z4 WAS intended as the main set, it should be more specific...is it zone 3 or zone 4? What was the intent of the workout ? Was the 5 x 3' hard Supposed to be anaerobic? I'd say by the descriptor "HARD" then yes...but with only 2' recovery it's going to be something between FTP & VO2.

So the 5 x 3' (2') recovery to me looks like a mini threshold set with the 1 x 20' z3/Z4 sort of a fill in the rest with whatever energy you have. For a newbie, 5x 3' "hard" is fine. but it's just a little incongruent with the rest of the set.

I just prefer more specificity in purpose and would probably make it a simpler workout for a new cyclist or triathlete. For the more advanced, they'll know what each component is and remembering it isn't an issue.

I guess my bottom line then is that the OPs workout was likely too complicated for him at his current level of (self described) cycling.

2014-07-09 5:08 PM

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Originally posted by Danno77

I'm surprised by the turn this has taken. Trainer work in the middle of summer? Isn't that quite a pita?

I guess I'm lucky. My town has one stoplight and I'd hit it on warm up or cool down. The next (real) town over has only one stoplight, too. If the timing is right I can head out my door and not stop for anything for a 70 mile ride, easy. I'm not saying that I won't hit a country road stop sign on that route, just that the odds I need to come to a complete stop at it are slim.

I need to get faster. Should I not be doing interval work in the summer? It sounds like some people save it for the winter trainer. How do you get faster in the summer?

Do what's fun first of all. Triathlon is for fun. If indoor traiing work is unappealing don't do it.

If you are not gettign faster then you need to do something different than what you have been doing.
2014-07-09 5:36 PM
in reply to: #5022477

Eye opening thread for the bike newbie! I've been wondering about a lot of this. I like riding outside and there are trails that I can 2 blocks from my house, but they're shared with walkers and runners. I can't really imagine doing timed intervals on them, although something like a fartlek could work. I was planning on investing in a trainer this winter, don't have one yet. Thanks all!
2014-07-09 7:17 PM

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL

Originally posted by Danno77

Do what's fun first of all. Triathlon is for fun. If indoor traiing work is unappealing don't do it.

If you are not gettign faster then you need to do something different than what you have been doing.

I was not getting faster, that's why I'm starting to do workouts that I can't remember, lol! Well, I suppose I'm getting faster, just not at the rate I should, probably.

Also, FWIW (with regards to the several posts about the 20' set at z3/z4) the ACTUAL suggestion was "high z3- low z4" which I actually did, but didn't type initially, because I didn't know that part would be scrutinized!

The workout suggested for today was a threshold workout that had some 10" all outs and some 30" ones with some other stuff mixed in. I tried to enter it into garmin connect and the website was glitchy two times, and then my tablet reset and I said "forget it" and then went and did a ride with some short hard (for me) hills.

I think I'm about to do a paid membership here because the free HIM plan that I was looking at really isn't for me. The "plan" I'm on currently is basically just an extension of the Oly plan that I was on. I'm currently like 13-14 weeks out and if I keep on my plan I'll likely be ready, but I don't know how much faster I'll be, so I'm slowly incorporating more thorough training practices into what I have planned. For instance, I had been swimming straight sets (and making improvement), but got called out on that and have been trying to introduce shorter sets (like doing 100s that total what I was doing, instead of just swimming 2000yards straight).

If I did what I REALLY want to do, I'd go on 3 rides a week; A long, a medium, and a short. I'd swim three times a week; probably 3k straight each time. And I'd go running four times a week; Long, 2 mid distances, and a speed workout. But apparently what I want to do on a daily basis won't get me to where I want to be. My drive to get where I want to be currently outweighs my desire to do what I want. I don't know if you've caught my other posts, but this is a common theme for me of late.
2014-07-09 7:28 PM

Master
Northern IL

I think similar on the complexity of the workout and how it wasn't as specific as would be preferred, but at the same time it did seem like more of a beginner or starter hard workout to help learn some things, which I think you also noticed. Having only 5 intervals isn't as daunting for someone to figure out, similar with having 3' intervals instead of 5-6'. The 15' total there is still certainly worth something. *I* tend to do a bit more for a VO2 focused workout as well, usually just doing a combination of this size if I've had a lot of other stronger work going and I want to touch on this area a bit. I haven't found the 2' recoveries to be too tough to recover from to hit above the 105%, and usually above 110% and don't think my VO2 is necessarily that strong relative to FTP. That seems to be about what you do, but less of it? For someone who hasn't done work like this before it'll be tough, but should get used to it soon. Does that seem more like threshold, or even a no-man's-land compared to what you might do? 

The vagueness of the 20' is why I thought it was more bonus work, to be done as able. Even though the 3' intervals didn't have the specificity I use they still seemed more specific than the 20'. This seemed like another learning opportunity, to see how worn out he was from the first part. And a chance to get some more stronger work into the time he has available. I knew from previous discussions that he can be rather limited on time.

On the 8 x 1'@150% (and some of the other workouts about this) *I* get why we should work on these other areas above threshold, but still trying to understand about why it would be necessary to build it that much relative to FTP. Higher is better, but how much higher before gains become limited and time would be better spent looking more directly at FTP (or something else)? The 8 x 1' I saw only had 1' recovery time. I can't do 150% on that. With several minutes between each instead of just 1 min, however, it looks much more possible, though still very hard.

I've seen the blocked 30"/30" workouts before and the look rather interesting, but haven't found enough guidelines towards how to make them work. Their flexibility was remarked on, but to someone not as familiar with them that same flexibility appears as being vague. Not too different from someone like the OP looking at his workout. Where should the highs come in around and where should the lows be? Both would seem to have some sort of range, but numbers were thrown around without much reason why. Or rather what they were based on.

And congrats to the TT'er!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Taking workout with you on the bike Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Swim Workouts - taking to the pool

Started by TTom
Views: 3645 Posts: 23

2013-03-30 7:53 AM Hot Runner

Mtn bike workout VS road bike workout Pages: 1 2

Started by ingleshteechur
Views: 4400 Posts: 27

2010-10-07 7:55 AM Meulen

Putting on/taking of bike shoes while on the bike

Started by EABonney
Views: 2029 Posts: 9

2007-08-19 5:47 PM monkeyboy64

My bike takes revenge on bad drivers

Started by christyr1978
Views: 796 Posts: 4

2006-06-16 6:09 PM Chap

Taking your bike to work Pages: 1 2

Started by Rennick
Views: 1744 Posts: 31

2005-06-02 7:45 PM jkbostic
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 18, 2014
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I now find that after sitting for long periods of time during the day for two hours or so my knees are very stiff and weak when I then try to move them. Do I need to take better care of my knees?

date : November 28, 2011
author : juliapurr
Bored out of your mind or watching a movie? Amp it up on the bike trainer.
date : July 20, 2011
author : mikericci
comments : 1
Strategies for getting used to running off the bike when starting triathlon or taking on a new distance.

date : March 4, 2009
author : jasongootman
In this third part, we discuss bike workout types and how they relate to power training. Power analysis of workouts included. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.
date : December 28, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
Tired of your bike trainer already? Here are two indoor bike trainer workouts that you can use to keep things interesting while keeping your cycling fitness up.

date : September 24, 2008
author : mrakes1
Generally I bike for 1.5-2 hours, and by time I'm on my way home I'm shaky. When I get home I usually have a headache and am nauseated. What should I eat before or during my workout to prevent this?
date : June 18, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Easily transfer your workout data from your Garmin, Polar, Timex and more directly into your BT training log. Eliminate the manual entries. Save time!

date : February 18, 2008
author : mrakes1
Getting ready for a long workout? Here are some nutritional guidelines on how best to fuel your body in preparation for that long workout.