BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 114

2018-12-20 9:01 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED

Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by rrrunner RE yoga... I love this subscription https://www.jasyoga.com/video/

Great! I couldn't remember the name of the program.

If anyone else has suggestions, please chime in! The training plan that I start next month has some yoga thrown in. Gotta be prepared, right?

That looks like a good program for athletes.

I may look at https://aaptiv.com as well. If I'm gonna to trials, I may as well to do trials, right? ;-)

Is there anything else that I should be checking out?

2018-12-20 10:00 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by rrrunner RE yoga... I love this subscription https://www.jasyoga.com/video/

If anyone else has suggestions, please chime in! The training plan that I start next month has some yoga thrown in. Gotta be prepared, right?

I may look at https://aaptiv.com as well. If I'm gonna to trials, I may as well to do trials, right? ;-)

Sufferfest has a yoga component. I haven't done any of the yoga stuff yet, but I know they are there! Of course, you have to join Sufferfest! 

2018-12-20 12:36 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by amd723

Sufferfest has a yoga component. I haven't done any of the yoga stuff yet, but I know they are there! Of course, you have to join Sufferfest!

Oooh! I forgot about Sufferfest yoga!

2018-12-21 8:33 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Happy Holidays!!!

No racers this week...

December 25 is Janyne's birthday!

2018-12-21 8:52 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Happy Holidays!!!

No racers this week...

What, no Christmas races??  

I wish all of you a very merry xmas and early happy birthday to Janyne!!

2018-12-21 2:49 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Happy Holidays!!!

No racers this week...

Enjoy your birthday my friend!

2018-12-24 11:41 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Happy birthday tomorrow, Janyne!!!!

My question of the day is: Do any of you have a separate insurance policy for your bike? I know homeowners will cover your bike under certain situations, but to be honest, if my bike were stolen or damaged in some way that would require I replace it, I couldn't do it right now. I saved for the last year to be able to afford the bike I have. Add in the extras (power meter, etc), it's a pretty valuable piece of machinery.

Thoughts? Suggestions? My coach used Markel to cover his fancy bike for 2 years, but before this week, I didn't even think about bicycle insurance as a thing.

Oh, and in case you haven't seen on FB, Strava or IG, here's Simon!!!

(newbike.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
newbike.jpg (228KB - 21 downloads)
2018-12-24 11:50 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
He's handsome! No, I don't have separate insurance for Andreas, just what homeowners covers.

Happy Birthday to Janyne and Merry Christmas to all. Off to do a "12 Days of Christmas" workout with me, myself, and I at the pool!
2018-12-24 1:03 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Expert
Merry Christmas! Happy Birthday Janyne
2018-12-24 4:02 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by glfprncs Happy birthday tomorrow, Janyne!!!! My question of the day is: Do any of you have a separate insurance policy for your bike? I know homeowners will cover your bike under certain situations, but to be honest, if my bike were stolen or damaged in some way that would require I replace it, I couldn't do it right now. I saved for the last year to be able to afford the bike I have. Add in the extras (power meter, etc), it's a pretty valuable piece of machinery. Thoughts? Suggestions? My coach used Markel to cover his fancy bike for 2 years, but before this week, I didn't even think about bicycle insurance as a thing. Oh, and in case you haven't seen on FB, Strava or IG, here's Simon!!!

sweet ride! No individual bike insurance for me- didn’t know that was a thing!

2018-12-25 9:41 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by glfprncs  My question of the day is: Do any of you have a separate insurance policy for your bike? I know homeowners will cover your bike under certain situations, but to be honest, if my bike were stolen or damaged in some way that would require I replace it, I couldn't do it right now. I saved for the last year to be able to afford the bike I have. Add in the extras (power meter, etc), it's a pretty valuable piece of machinery. Thoughts? Suggestions? My coach used Markel to cover his fancy bike for 2 years, but before this week, I didn't even think about bicycle insurance as a thing. Oh, and in case you haven't seen on FB, Strava or IG, here's Simon!!!

Folks on my Bike MS team recommend Velosurance. I'd also look into getting a rider on your home owner's policy. I'd think that the second option would be less expensive but it really depends on exactly what you would like to cover.

Velosurance also covers event fee reimbursement. "reimburse the nonrefundable portion of your pre paid entry fee, up to $500 per occurrence" and damage to clothing in the event of an accident (covers the bike and the kit you were wearing in the event of an accident). 

• When I wrecked my bike, health expenses were covered by my health policy (after deductible). My bike wasn't really damaged.
  • When a car side swiped me, I wasn't really damage, the car driver's auto insurance replaced my bike.

ETA: If you are a Strava Summit subscriber, Sundays Insurance has some sort of deal. https://sundaysinsurance.com/

Please let us know what you end up doing!

Edited by jmkizer 2018-12-25 9:54 AM

2018-12-25 12:05 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by glfprncs Happy birthday tomorrow, Janyne!!!! My question of the day is: Do any of you have a separate insurance policy for your bike? I know homeowners will cover your bike under certain situations, but to be honest, if my bike were stolen or damaged in some way that would require I replace it, I couldn't do it right now. I saved for the last year to be able to afford the bike I have. Add in the extras (power meter, etc), it's a pretty valuable piece of machinery. Thoughts? Suggestions? My coach used Markel to cover his fancy bike for 2 years, but before this week, I didn't even think about bicycle insurance as a thing. Oh, and in case you haven't seen on FB, Strava or IG, here's Simon!!!

Some day this website is going to implement a "Like" button. Until then, we'll just have to tell you that this is a sweet ride!! Congratulations.

2018-12-25 12:05 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I wishing you all the Merriest of Christmas'. And to Janyne a truly Happy Birthday as well!

2018-12-28 9:52 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I hope everyone in the giant swath of flooding rains is doing well.

An early Happy New Year to everyone!

2018-12-28 9:54 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I hope everyone in the giant swath of flooding rains is doing well.

An early Happy New Year to everyone!

I didn't quite miss the rain this morning. Stay safe and dry!

2018-12-28 9:57 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racin Manatees!!!

December 29-30
Melanie - Kris Kringle 5 Mile Run on Sunday

January 1
Laura Y - New Year’s Day 5k

Is anyone else racing?

P.S. Chris has inquired about the 2019 mentor groups. As a result, Alice is looking into that now. We'll continue on here until further notice. Our main concern was that we'd be archived before we had a plan. We have a plan though so all is well!

2018-12-28 10:19 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Racin Manatees!!!

December 29-30

January 1

Is anyone else racing?

P.S. Chris has inquired about the 2019 mentor groups. As a result, Alice is looking into that now. We'll continue on here until further notice. Our main concern was that we'd be archived before we had a plan. We have a plan though so all is well!

Ill sleep better knowing there is a PLAN

2018-12-28 12:35 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Racin Manatees!!!

December 29-30

January 1

Is anyone else racing?

Another plan we are working on is an early year challenge, something to keep us all on track. I'm not sure which direction to go, weight(loss), training consistency, eating, etc. Any input from the group would be appreciated, so let us know if you have anything in particular and we'll see if we can come up with a way to measure, or simply track, improvements across the board. I will give full disclosure here, this may be a selfish thing 

2018-12-28 12:41 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by cdban66

Racin Manatees!!!

December 29-30

January 1

Is anyone else racing?

Another plan we are working on is an early year challenge, something to keep us all on track. I'm not sure which direction to go, weight(loss), training consistency, eating, etc. Any input from the group would be appreciated, so let us know if you have anything in particular and we'll see if we can come up with a way to measure, or simply track, improvements across the board. I will give full disclosure here, this may be a selfish thing 

YAY! I need some motivation, this would be great.

2018-12-28 1:16 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Racin Manatees!!!

December 29-30

January 1

Is anyone else racing?

I'm glad there is a manatee plan and would fully endorse and participate in any early year challenges.  My involvement is also selfish - battle of the bulge.  What was the plan of a previous manatee, GoJo?  Wasn't it simply to move every day whether it be walk, S/B/R, weights, some sort of activity other than being parked on the couch?  Something in that vein might be good in general but I'd personally like to see some sort of weightloss/eating aspect added to it or as a separate challenge.  IDK quite how to implement.

2018-12-28 2:05 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by melbo55

Racin Manatees!!!

December 29-30

January 1

Is anyone else racing?

I'm glad there is a manatee plan and would fully endorse and participate in any early year challenges.  My involvement is also selfish - battle of the bulge.  What was the plan of a previous manatee, GoJo?  Wasn't it simply to move every day whether it be walk, S/B/R, weights, some sort of activity other than being parked on the couch?  Something in that vein might be good in general but I'd personally like to see some sort of weightloss/eating aspect added to it or as a separate challenge.  IDK quite how to implement.

Funny you should mention a weight loss challenge as I am planning on starting one after the 1st. I participated in a 6 week , 10 pound, challenge 2 years ago. It was done by Peak’s coaching and was very well done. Having weekly check-ins and group message boards etc helped keep me on track and I was very successful. But, rather than pay for the challenge again this year, I am doing it on my own, hoping that making myself get on the scale weekly will be motivation enough!

For the official challenge, we all had to post starting weight and then each week the amount down ( or up). If the manatee group wanted to join this challenge we could skip the first week weigh in numbers and just start on week 2 with the loss/gain numbers. 6 weeks worked well last time, so I’d suggest that same period.

2018-12-28 2:06 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racin Manatees!!!

December 29-30

January 1

Is anyone else racing?

Happy racing manatees!

2018-12-28 4:06 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Racin Manatees!!!

December 29-30

January 1

Is anyone else racing?

Happy Racing Melanie and Laura!

We are in "blizzard" conditions here in the ABQ. I put that in quotes because The amounts would not begin to phase places like Colorado and the Midwest but here everything grinds (or slides) to a halt.

As for the challenge, I could afford to lose a few pounds but figured i'll do it as marathon training ramps up. I'd like the move every day challenge. I'll be doing rest days on Monday and Friday but I could do yoga or something for those.

2018-12-28 4:24 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by melbo55

Racin Manatees!!!

December 29-30

January 1

Is anyone else racing?

OK, I dug around and found one of our original challenges. The 2012 version was this

JoGo's Exercise Challenge!

What's the scoop?  I need details!  As I understand it, we are going to exercise at least 30 minutes per day in December.  (Yes, that is every day starting now if you have not already started.)

Are we creating goals in our training blogs?  Or are we doing some sort of checking or spreadsheet to hound each other?  Can we force Allen and Kirk to participate?  Does our challenge have an official name?

I think that this time around we would just do a shared Google spreadsheet that we can update ourselves? Does that sound right? Or do you want a Challenge Master to update the sheet and motivate/remind (hassle? publicly shame?) people? 

2018-12-28 4:25 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by rrrunner

Racin Manatees!!!

December 29-30

January 1

Is anyone else racing?

Happy Racing Melanie and Laura!

We are in "blizzard" conditions here in the ABQ. I put that in quotes because The amounts would not begin to phase places like Colorado and the Midwest but here everything grinds (or slides) to a halt.

As for the challenge, I could afford to lose a few pounds but figured i'll do it as marathon training ramps up. I'd like the move every day challenge. I'll be doing rest days on Monday and Friday but I could do yoga or something for those.

I see how you slipped that in there! What is this marathon of which you speak?

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 114

RELATED POSTS

BE the BALL Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by billeckert
Views: 13216 Posts: 180

2018-07-16 8:27 PM scottjjmtri99

Gray Guys/Girls Maturing Triathlete - Always OPEN Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29

Started by k9car363
Views: 26775 Posts: 712

2019-09-01 11:54 AM Troyh36

My Year to Tri (Beginner and Intermediate Group) - OPEN Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by SrhJarvis