Prospect Lake Events
73F / 23C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 04m 55s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I was tired. Really tired. I had went to Denver the day before and sat in the hot sun forever. Plus I had done a sprint last week. So I know this wouldn't be my best race. I woke up at 5:30 a.m. and ate some oatmeal, a little yogurt and a bite of a mini bagel. I wasn't that hungry. The race was literally in my back yard. It was at the park that's about five minutes from my home. I couldn't decide whether to bike it or drive but in the end I drove cause I was tired. Did I mention how tired I was?
Swim
  • 19m 43s
  • 750 meters
  • 02m 38s / 100 meters
Comments:

This was a so-so swim for me. I'm much faster and I'm so pissed that I was this slow. I just couldn' t get a freaking rhythm. Felt like I was choking the whole friggin' swim. I need more OW practice. I've done three race swims and only felt good in one and that was in St. A's. I really need some 40-50 min OW swims so that I can get used to swimming in that freakin' wet suit which seems to choke me.
What would you do differently?:

Get more OW practice. Although the girl who came in fourth in my age -group was BEHIND me on the swim so I guess that felt good!
Transition 1
  • 03m 8s
Comments:

These are pathetic. Am I just the slowest T person in the world?

Um not be so damn slow.
Bike
  • 55m 50s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 14.08 mile/hr
Comments:

I think I lost 10 mph every time I did a loop cause I had to slow down to a near stop just to corner. WTF. I'm am thoroughly disappointed in this effort. I went conservative on the first loop cause I really didn't know the course. I picked it up on the other three loops but geez. I know I'm faster my legs just didn't have it today.

Leave it all on the course
Transition 2
  • 02m 56s
Comments:

Only ONE sock change this whole race! Yeah.

Nothing.

Run
  • 43m 27s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 13m 58s  min/mile
Comments:

I actually ran a little bit of this course but grandma shuffled it. My run is killing my overall time. Please Running God's give me strength and have mercy on me. Let me learn to run faster when I'm tired and stiff. Blow your blessings my way thanks.

Start my "kick" earlier. Find people I don't like and vow to pass them!
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around, talked to people in the Tri Club. Screamed about signing up for IMCDA. We were counting the hours until registration opened!

Event comments:

This was a nice low-key race. The best thing was the kids tri they had. You think soccer moms are bad you oughta' see triathlete parents - geez. but the kids were cute and they were really trying! It gladden my heart and made me dream of the day when I have a little tri kiddo swimming, biking and running!

Last updated: 2007-05-09 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:19:43 | 750 meters | 02m 38s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Suit: yes
Course: Regular. I think this course was a little long - it's never taken me nearly 20 min to swim 750 meters, no matter how bad I was having. I'm thinking it was about 150 meters longer than it said it was. The pros even said it was longer. Yes, oddly enough there were pros at this race.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 73F / 23C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Below average Drafting: Below average
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 03:08
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:55:50 | 13.1 miles | 14.08 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind: None
Course: This was my first looped course and I learned something - I NEED TO FREAKIN' LEARN HOW TO CORNER! O My God. Course was 4 loops with two hills.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 02:56
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:43:27 | 03.11 miles | 13m 58s  min/mile
Performance:
Course: Loop around the lake with a crazy run up through a parking lot. Weird.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-06-25 10:14 AM

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: Prospect Lake Triathlon

2007-06-25 10:47 AM
in reply to: #858618

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: Prospect Lake Triathlon
Yeah O, I KNOW you've got more in you for the bike than that!  But hey, it was a good race and good for you for getting out there and showing the world what you are made of!  Sign up TODAY!  ACK!
2007-06-25 6:28 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Security, CO
Bronze member
I agree this is a nice low key event. I really liked the kids Tri after wards. I smiled the whole time I watched them. I hope to get my race report published in a day or two.

Good luck and keep TRIing!
2007-06-28 12:23 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denver, CO
So it wasn't your best race, but look at is as a good training day!! You know you can do better, but it's hard to go into a race tired, so don't beat yourself up!
2007-06-28 12:39 PM

User image

Expert
Denver
Too bad to hear you didn't have the race you wanted, but it sounds like you know why, what with being in the sun all day one day before and having done the 5430 Sprint the week before. As for the swim, just do what I do when I have a bad OWS, which is to blame Ricci for not having the Surf & Turfs this year! I figured that was some of the best OWS / race scenario practice we had.
2007-06-28 2:47 PM

User image

Expert
Highlands Ranch, CO

Great job.  Don't worry about not having a perfect race.  We are all out there to have fun, right?    Keep up the good work and get ready for the next one.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Prospect Lake Triathlon Rss Feed