Other Resources Challenge Me! » 100d x 10m = 1 strong core Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 59

2013-07-07 7:15 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Subject: RE: 100d x 10m = 1 strong core

So, I feel like I have been cheating. When I miss a day, I make it up by doubling up the next day. Doing this once in a while would be fine, but I've done it a few times already and it's only been two weeks. I've got to make a stronger effort to do this every day! I need to up my game if I expect to see change by the end of this challenge.

I am going to try to attach my 'before' pic. I really cannot believe I am doing this...but I need something to hold me accountable. Am I really doing this?

Well, I tried but it displayed upside down. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by rosy8skimmer 2013-07-07 7:26 PM

2013-07-07 7:27 PM
in reply to: austhokie

User image

Master

Originally posted by austhokie totally fell off the wagon this week - i'm going to start from scratch i think

From scratch is better than not at all Laughing  AND... now there are lots of posted workouts/videos to use as resources. I think you should just say it was your plan all along Wink

2013-07-07 7:50 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Veteran
Maple Grove
Off the face of the earth for two weeks (well, almost-Northern MN counts, right?) but I've been faithful. 14/14 thus far. When I told my wife about this challenge, she wanted to join me, so she's coming along as well. Muscle memory is a wonderful thing, as I've been having to do much harder exercises to continue to feel the burn. I'm up to 3:30 of planks (from 1:30 at the start of this just two weeks ago.) It's also helped motivate me to get out and train on the bike more, so I've got that going for me. thanks Switch!!
2013-07-07 8:46 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Master
Central Kansas
Originally posted by switchAbout 2 years ago I went from "Miss" to "Ma'am". I still wonder who the hellz they're talking to when I hear "Ma'am".

Exactly.

2013-07-07 10:12 PM
in reply to: KansasMom

User image

Master
2 weeks...check! stretch, low plank, opposite knee-elbow high plank, v-sit pulses, layout sit ups w/10lbs, R low to high side plank, L low to high plank, stretch
2013-07-07 10:20 PM

User image

Master
I'm 14/14 as well.  I have noticed a difference already, in strength, not in looks Wink

2013-07-07 10:37 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
14/14. Another late one. Was allowed to actually resume running this weekend and given clearance to do the tri I had long since signed up for. Drank more than my share of beers on the lake following that. Long day.
2013-07-08 4:56 AM
in reply to: rosy8skimmer

User image

Master
Livonia, MI
Originally posted by rosy8skimmer

So, I feel like I have been cheating. When I miss a day, I make it up by doubling up the next day. Doing this once in a while would be fine, but I've done it a few times already and it's only been two weeks. I've got to make a stronger effort to do this every day! I need to up my game if I expect to see change by the end of this challenge.

I am going to try to attach my 'before' pic. I really cannot believe I am doing this...but I need something to hold me accountable. Am I really doing this?

Sounds like you're doing well and holding yourself accountable.  We're only 14 days in, plenty of time to tweak the routine!

As for the picture, is it a JPEG file?  Do you know if it's saved on your computer upside down, or can you rotate it?  My IT skills are very limited so that's about all I can think to suggest.

2013-07-08 6:48 AM

User image

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Originally posted by austhokie totally fell off the wagon this week - i'm going to start from scratch i think

From scratch is better than not at all Laughing  AND... now there are lots of posted workouts/videos to use as resources. I think you should just say it was your plan all along Wink

of course it was always my plan to start over (wink wink) - I also just found a free iphone app that has ab workouts - i think the shortest is 8 minutes, and various levels - so I am going to try it out
2013-07-08 7:17 AM
in reply to: rdailey1

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by rdailey1 Off the face of the earth for two weeks (well, almost-Northern MN counts, right?) but I've been faithful. 14/14 thus far. When I told my wife about this challenge, she wanted to join me, so she's coming along as well. Muscle memory is a wonderful thing, as I've been having to do much harder exercises to continue to feel the burn. I'm up to 3:30 of planks (from 1:30 at the start of this just two weeks ago.) It's also helped motivate me to get out and train on the bike more, so I've got that going for me. thanks Switch!!

I was wondering what had happened to you!

I'm glad you're still with us.  A 3:30 plank is pretty damn impressive.  And cool that it's upped your bike time.  Nice:)

2013-07-08 7:23 AM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by noelle1230

Sounds like you're doing well and holding yourself accountable.  We're only 14 days in, plenty of time to tweak the routine!

As for the picture, is it a JPEG file?  Do you know if it's saved on your computer upside down, or can you rotate it?  My IT skills are very limited so that's about all I can think to suggest.

I use photobucket for uploading my pics.  It's free, it has easy editing software (you can absolutely change the orientation), and then I copy the image url and paste it into the image url space that comes up when you click the little cartoon tree on your tool bar^.  If you don't have a little cartoon tree on your tool bar, you may need to go into your settings menu on BT and select "rich text editor".  I think this is easier than adding an image after you post, but that works too.

And you're not "cheating"--it's fine to do doubles, though I think we should all shoot for as much consistency as possible.  I have been having a better time of it when I break the 10 minutes  up into smaller sessions throughout the day, though last night I did a good hour of yoga on the deck (while finishing smoking the ribs and drinking beer) and, boy howdy, I can feel that this morning.  

2013-07-08 7:25 AM
in reply to: austhokie

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by austhokie
Originally posted by 4agoodlife

of course it was always my plan to start over (wink wink) - I also just found a free iphone app that has ab workouts - i think the shortest is 8 minutes, and various levels - so I am going to try it out

There's an app for that? ;)

Falling off the wagon happens.  It just does.  To all of us.  The important thing is that you get back on.  Now you've done it-- Noelle and I are gonna hound you more.

2013-07-08 7:39 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Originally posted by switch

Origin

ally posted by switch

Originally posted by cdban66
Originally posted by Comet
Originally posted by

Google Spreadsheet

Can someone add me? It won't let me edit. And I guess that means someone will have to put in my numbers as well.

OK, it is open to anyone now (I hope).

Great job on all these cool core workouts everyone.  Mine have been booooring compared to yours.  You're inspiring me.  Thank you

Reposting the link to the google spread sheet--if you have a sec, try to update your numbers!

OK here's the link.  I'll see if I can add it to my sig line to make it easier for everyone.

OK, and no, no I can't figure out how to put a link in a sig line.  Little help?

Chrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssss?

Check my sig line, copy what you'd like.

2013-07-08 8:05 AM

Do over. Starting yesterday. Good yoga workout in the morning.

Had too much stuff going on last week: Holiday weekend, S/B/R training, two races in one week. Did I forget to mention I'm buying a house? Closing this morning, then "The Move".

So maybe that do over should start tomorrow
2013-07-08 9:09 AM
in reply to: skibummer

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Hey, folks.  13/14 to date...I've got a weight-lifting session scheduled this morning so there will be lots of core work done.
2013-07-08 9:11 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Adrienne, I was trying to channel you today on the run legs of my aquathon.  2k run/750 m swim/2k run.  You are the sprint goddess around here!

Chris, thanks for the encouragement...you're the best Laughing

RR and pics, or it never happened.  Cool

2013-07-08 9:34 AM

User image

Master
Central Kansas

I use photobucket for uploading my pics.  It's free, it has easy editing software (you can absolutely change the orientation), and then I copy the image url and paste it into the image url space that comes up when you click the little cartoon tree on your tool bar^.  If you don't have a little cartoon tree on your tool bar, you may need to go into your settings menu on BT and select "rich text editor".  I think this is easier than adding an image after you post, but that works too.

And you're not "cheating"--it's fine to do doubles, though I think we should all shoot for as much consistency as possible.  I have been having a better time of it when I break the 10 minutes  up into smaller sessions throughout the day, though last night I did a good hour of yoga on the deck (while finishing smoking the ribs and drinking beer) and, boy howdy, I can feel that this morning.  

The yoga, the ribs, or the beer? Wink

2013-07-08 9:38 AM

User image

Master
Central Kansas

There's an app for that?

Falling off the wagon happens.  It just does.  To all of us.  The important thing is that you get back on.  Now you've done it-- Noelle and I are gonna hound you more.

I sometimes use the Kindle App. It's pretty easy, even for me, so I use it as a "rest" ab day.

The standing ab work I did last night was also a nice break. It wasn't really easy, but at least I wasn't on the floor, so I appreciated that.

2013-07-08 11:16 AM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Sweet, thanks for putting the sheet in your sig line Chris!  Updated!

Brad....nice new avatar pic!!  Or should I say, Batman??

2013-07-08 11:46 AM

User image

Seattle

Adrienne, I was trying to channel you today on the run legs of my aquathon.  2k run/750 m swim/2k run.  You are the sprint goddess around here!

Sprint goddess, eh??? I dunno 'bout that!!!

But how did the channeling go? Smile

2013-07-08 11:59 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Livonia, MI
Originally posted by Asalzwed

It worked!  The two run legs were short, just 2K each.  My goal pace was a 7:15 min/mile, then I arrived and saw a giant hill in the middle of the loop.  But I still managed a 7:10 pace on each leg Laughing  So thanks for the good energy you didn't realize you were sending!!  

The swim on the other hand....I hadn't practice swimming in my fave tri shorts and the suckers just don't fit like they did last year.  They filled with water.  I almost thought they were going to fall down!

Drag and all, I managed to win the master's female, woo-hoo!  This whole being 40 by the end of the year thing doesn't suck as much as I thought it would Cool

2013-07-08 12:19 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Originally posted by Asalzwed

It worked!  The two run legs were short, just 2K each.  My goal pace was a 7:15 min/mile, then I arrived and saw a giant hill in the middle of the loop.  But I still managed a 7:10 pace on each leg Laughing  So thanks for the good energy you didn't realize you were sending!!  

The swim on the other hand....I hadn't practice swimming in my fave tri shorts and the suckers just don't fit like they did last year.  They filled with water.  I almost thought they were going to fall down!

Drag and all, I managed to win the master's female, woo-hoo!  This whole being 40 by the end of the year thing doesn't suck as much as I thought it would Cool

Sandbagger.

Seriously, though...awesome job!

2013-07-08 12:23 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Girl, I wanna eat at your house!!!  Cool

2013-07-08 12:36 PM

User image

Veteran
Ft Campbell, Kentucky

This whole being 40 by the end of the year thing doesn't suck as much as I thought it would Cool

Never confuse youth and vigor..............with old age and treachery!!!

At least thats what I tell all the youngin's around here.
2013-07-08 2:05 PM
in reply to: KansasMom

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Origin

ally posted by KansasMom

The yoga, the ribs, or the beer? Wink

Well I may--"may"--have had a bit of a buzz on.  I was very, very relaxed and did yoga flow for a while.  Maybe, again, just "maybe", I took the poses a little deeper than normal because I was relaxed.  And it was hot. And I was thirsty. And I had to keep "checking" the ribs.  And then I got more thirsty.  It was a vicious cycle.  Really.  

I have to do it again soon.

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 100d x 10m = 1 strong core Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED POSTS

MARCH ABS / CORE RESULTS

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1421 Posts: 3

2007-04-03 4:11 PM annie

ABS CORE - End of Week #3

Started by hazmaster
Views: 2065 Posts: 19

2007-04-03 7:41 AM saling4

MARCH ABS / CORE - 2ND WEEK!

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1733 Posts: 14

2007-03-26 4:13 PM tritwinmom

ABS / CORE MARCH CHALLENGE - TEAM LIST Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by hazmaster
Views: 10595 Posts: 121

2007-03-20 3:06 PM hazmaster

May Core Strengthening Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by madkat
Views: 5610 Posts: 52

2006-06-03 2:57 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?

date : September 3, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
comments : 2
Why triathletes must absolutely warm up, activate muscles, strengthen core, and stretch effectively.
date : July 26, 2006
author : Ron
How do you know if your strength training is effective? Are you getting stronger? Several training log graphs can lend a clue.

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Weight training and core strength information and links for the silver/gold plans.
date : January 30, 2006
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 0
The goal of this program is simple – for the cyclist to have IMPROVED performance when the next season rolls around, not merely to maintain last season’s fitness.

date : June 14, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 3
Top swimmers rotate the core of the body from one side to the other while keeping the head fixed. When you rotate in this way, you move through the water more like a fish, maximizing your efficiency.
date : May 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 55
A strong core will allow you to keep optimal body alignment for whatever you’re doing (swim, bike or run), and this in turn will reduce your fatigue in the long run.

date : March 21, 2005
author : Manny
Train your core! The following program is designed for an in-season triathlete, can be done anywhere and with no equipment.