Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 33

2023-08-04 1:26 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever!

Originally posted by ceilidh Hey. Long time, no post for me. Things are still odd in my life lately, but (furiously knocking on wood) they seem to be evening out. The NC cycle ride is in town this weekend. All Inam doung is volunteering at rest stops Saturday and Sunday. It is fun to see all the bike riders in town.
That's great you are volunteering and helping out.  Have fun out there!

2023-08-04 1:30 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Okay. I'm gonna give logging here for accountability a go again, if that's okay with you. Current plans are to train for The Japanese Odyssey Bike Race in October next year and to shift 2-2 1/2 stone(28-35lbs) in the process. Depending on how this PF pans out, I'd like to run a half Mary in spring next year. Usual crap, no time to train, long irregular night Time shift work incondusive to training holding me back. Gonna ease back into it with 3x trainerroad.com workouts a week to start.

Yes, please.

2023-08-04 1:38 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I'm sorry that I've been MIA lately. Iceland was great!  I'm so glad that we went.

I hope that everyone is doing well and that both Jim's Ohio 70.3, Karen's Oregon 70.3, and Randee's Maine 70.3 went well -- and Anne's Dust Bowl too!

Welcome back to Darren! Sorry to hear about the PF.  Do we need an introduction or do most folks remember our Welsh alum?

Curtis, good luck with the move to Wyoming.

2023-08-04 1:38 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

August 6
Jim - Tawas 23 Triathlon - Oly ???

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

2023-08-05 11:49 AM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

August 6

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Another event cancelled because of too few entries.
2023-08-05 1:28 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JBacarella

Racing Manatees!!!

August 6

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Wow! Sorry you couldn't race again. I know IM branded races are having trouble selling out, so numbers overall are down, but didn't realize they were so far down!  I will say that I don't know of any races in Florida that have been canceled, so wonder whether it is you causing these cancelations

2023-08-07 7:55 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

Racing Manatees!!!

August 6

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Wow! Sorry you couldn't race again. I know IM branded races are having trouble selling out, so numbers overall are down, but didn't realize they were so far down!  I will say that I don't know of any races in Florida that have been canceled, so wonder whether it is you causing these cancelations

I know! I guess Ohio was a go because he decided so late!

2023-08-07 1:17 PM

User image

Expert

Racing Manatees!!!

August 6

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

I have a new strategy. I'm not saying anything until 2 weeks before the race and then I will sign up. Clearly other athletes fear racing with me (possibly because they don't want to be thrown up on).
2023-08-07 1:39 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

August 6

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

I have a new strategy. I'm not saying anything until 2 weeks before the race and then I will sign up. Clearly other athletes fear racing with me (possibly because they don't want to be thrown up on).

Oh! I like this strategy! Sneaky!

2023-08-08 6:39 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Racing Manatees!!!

August 6

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

you don't scare me! :D
2023-08-08 7:32 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Racing Manatees!!!

August 6

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

you don't scare me! :D

So Jim, have you signed up for that half marathon yet or are you keeping things close to the chest on that one?

2023-08-08 7:54 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!!!

August 6

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

LOL!

2023-08-08 9:18 AM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Or you can do like me and not tell anyone you signed up until after you finish the race.
2023-08-08 9:55 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner Or you can do like me and not tell anyone you signed up until after you finish the race.

2023-08-10 9:48 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Darren -- accountability check!  Please post proof of life.

2023-08-11 12:37 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I tried stand up paddling this morning for the first time.  It was fun!

2023-08-11 12:52 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

I'm glad you enjoyed SUPing! My main plan for the weekend is to try not to die in the extreme heat. Of course, the weather people said we will get a break from it all when temps drop to 94* with 90% humidity, so not getting heat exhaustion should be easy   

2023-08-11 3:26 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I'm glad you enjoyed SUPing! My main plan for the weekend is to try not to die in the extreme heat. Of course, the weather people said we will get a break from it all when temps drop to 94* with 90% humidity, so not getting heat exhaustion should be easy   

Ugh!

2023-08-11 4:17 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Ugh!

Turns out it is next weekend that they predict our big cool down , so that's swell. Of course, looking at the devastation in Maui I really can't complain about anything.

2023-08-11 8:37 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Not sure it's fun but lots of OCD packing. Checklists and obsessing about weight, volume, and exactly what HAS to go in the carry-on (if it would be a disaster if the airline lost it). At least Andreas is already en route. (I bit the bullet and used TriBike Transport. Just can't deal with babysitting a bike while traveling with Mom and doing some tourist things in addition to a race.)

Plus a metric century (non-competitive club ride) tomorrow AM.
2023-08-12 8:48 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by Hot RunnerNot sure it's fun but lots of OCD packing. Checklists and obsessing about weight, volume, and exactly what HAS to go in the carry-on (if it would be a disaster if the airline lost it). At least Andreas is already en route. (I bit the bullet and used TriBike Transport. Just can't deal with babysitting a bike while traveling with Mom and doing some tourist things in addition to a race.)Plus a metric century (non-competitive club ride) tomorrow AM.
OCD packing is not fun! The century bike ride is, though.

2023-08-12 12:37 PM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Hot Runner

Not sure it's fun but lots of OCD packing. Checklists and obsessing about weight, volume, and exactly what HAS to go in the carry-on (if it would be a disaster if the airline lost it). At least Andreas is already en route. (I bit the bullet and used TriBike Transport. Just can't deal with babysitting a bike while traveling with Mom and doing some tourist things in addition to a race.)

Inspect your bike closely. The last time I used TriBike Transport, my rear derailer was bent went it arrived home. The bike shop noticed it and repaired it. The mechanic told me they always check the bikes upon return, because they come back damaged.
2023-08-12 12:39 PM

User image

Expert

It is a special talent (that I do not possess) to SUP. Mine is more fall down paddle board. haha
2023-08-13 1:54 PM
in reply to: #5286357

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Still here. Heel started stiffening up after my bike sessions last week so gave it a rest again, which was a shame as it felt as though it was stretching it out after the 1st rides.

Added to that, me and the kids went to a comicon on Saturday (Daughter wanted to meet the Salvatore brothers), I woke up on Sunday unable to walk without a limp again.

I will be off to Rome for 2 weeks this Wednesday, so will try and rest it there, but I imagine a fair bit of walking will be involved, so I imagine it's not going to get rested as much as I think it will be.
2023-08-14 10:57 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Originally posted by Hot Runner

Inspect your bike closely. The last time I used TriBike Transport, my rear derailer was bent went it arrived home. The bike shop noticed it and repaired it. The mechanic told me they always check the bikes upon return, because they come back damaged.

That sucks. I've used them 3 times now and never had a problem **knock on wood**. I KNOW the shop isn't looking at the bikes (2 different actually) because both were basically annoyed and don't think it's worth the money to be a TBT stop.

The thought of traveling with my bike freaks me out and I trust NO ONE once it's out of my sight. Not to mention, there are always at least 2 of us and we can get a much smaller rental car without dragging the bikes.
New Thread
Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever! Rss Feed  

of 33