Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 33

2023-08-18 9:28 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever!

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

August 19-20
Jim - Bay to Beacon half marathon

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

Go Jim!

If this race gets canceled we will know for sure who the jinx is

2023-08-18 11:04 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!!!

August 19-20
Jim - Bay to Beacon half marathon

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Good luck, Jim!  Have fun!

2023-08-18 12:11 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Oh! I see Karen has made it to Helsinki!

2023-08-20 8:11 AM

User image

Expert
I had a good race. This was one of the most beautiful race courses I've ever been on. The start was a primitive state park and then went through undeveloped woods on hard packed dirt roads. It then turned and went along the Lake Huron Shore line. The finish was at another state park and historic lighthouse.
The race director is an arborist that owns a blueberry farm along the route. I'm a little sad that I did morning of pick up instead of the night before. The night before packet pickup included a blueberry pancake supper.
2023-08-20 6:05 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella I had a good race. This was one of the most beautiful race courses I've ever been on. The start was a primitive state park and then went through undeveloped woods on hard packed dirt roads. It then turned and went along the Lake Huron Shore line. The finish was at another state park and historic lighthouse. The race director is an arborist that owns a blueberry farm along the route. I'm a little sad that I did morning of pick up instead of the night before. The night before packet pickup included a blueberry pancake supper.

Oh my gosh, that sounds beautiful. I'm a sucker for shore views and lighthouses!

2023-08-21 10:48 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by JBacarella I had a good race. This was one of the most beautiful race courses I've ever been on. The start was a primitive state park and then went through undeveloped woods on hard packed dirt roads. It then turned and went along the Lake Huron Shore line. The finish was at another state park and historic lighthouse. The race director is an arborist that owns a blueberry farm along the route. I'm a little sad that I did morning of pick up instead of the night before. The night before packet pickup included a blueberry pancake supper.
Oooooh, that does sound very pretty and like a race you'll choose again, next time getting some of those blueberry pancakes!

2023-08-21 11:01 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by JBacarella

I had a good race. This was one of the most beautiful race courses I've ever been on. The start was a primitive state park and then went through undeveloped woods on hard packed dirt roads. It then turned and went along the Lake Huron Shore line. The finish was at another state park and historic lighthouse.
The race director is an arborist that owns a blueberry farm along the route. I'm a little sad that I did morning of pick up instead of the night before. The night before packet pickup included a blueberry pancake supper.

You can tell us - did you stop to pick blueberries? :D
2023-08-21 12:08 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Sounds great - except for missing the pancakes!

2023-08-21 6:56 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Expert
Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

We have friends that own a blueberry farm here, so we pick for the year at their farm. Plus they make fresh blueberry donuts!
2023-08-22 7:22 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

We have friends that own a blueberry farm here, so we pick for the year at their farm. Plus they make fresh blueberry donuts!

Are the blueberry doughnuts > blueberry pancakes though? That is the question!  Maybe they are completely different categories?!

Edited by jmkizer 2023-08-22 7:22 AM
2023-08-22 12:52 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Are the blueberry doughnuts > blueberry pancakes though? That is the question!  Maybe they are completely different categories?!

Mom and I picked blueberries on Sunday. Phil made a blueberry coffee cake! That probably goes in the doughnut category.

2023-08-22 8:37 PM

User image

Expert

Mom and I picked blueberries on Sunday. Phil made a blueberry coffee cake! That probably goes in the doughnut category.

Blueberries are such an underrated magical berry. Look at how many delicious uses! Pancakes, donuts, and coffee cake!
2023-08-23 6:29 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Blueberries are such an underrated magical berry. Look at how many delicious uses! Pancakes, donuts, and coffee cake!

Blueberries are a super food!

2023-08-23 8:56 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Blueberries are a super food!

Fixed that for ya!  They are definitely one of my very favorite fruits!

2023-08-23 2:37 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Hey all, i think Janyne needs all the support - go over and giver her all the Manatee love and strength ... 

2023-08-24 6:42 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by juniperjen

Hey all, i think Janyne needs all the support - go over and giver her all the Manatee love and strength ... 

Thanks Jen. Janyne: sending you both love and strength and some giant Manatee hugs

2023-08-24 6:46 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ceilidh

Thanks Jen. Janyne: sending you both love and strength and some giant Manatee hugs

Thank you all. It's been a really rough week.

2023-08-24 7:00 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Originally posted by ceilidh

Thank you all. It's been a really rough week.

{{hugs}}
2023-08-25 8:48 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Good luck to Karen and Leanne in Finland this weekend!! All locked and loaded to 'watch' on the Ironman app! :D 

2023-08-25 9:11 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

August 26-27
Anne - Gravel Worlds 150
Karen - Ironman 70.3 Worlds in Finland - Saturday (Bib 1525)
Leanne - Ironman 70.3 Worlds in Finland - Saturday (Bib 131)

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

2023-08-25 9:14 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Huh?  Who knew?  Apparently folks may do better if they feel like their training plan is customized.

After randomization, the participants were either told that the training program they got was individualized based on their force–velocity profile (Placebo), or that they were in the control group (Control). However, both groups were doing the same workouts.

The results suggest that the placebo effect may be meaningful in sports and exercise training interventions.

The study's key finding was that, despite undergoing the same training, participants who were told they were in the intervention group (Placebo) improved their 1RM squat more than those in the control group (Control). Additionally, the subjects in the placebo group tended to increased muscle thickness, which was strongly correlated with changes in leg strength.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-29141-7

2023-08-25 9:23 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!!!

August 26-27
Anne - Gravel Worlds 150

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Nice line-up of races (and racers)! Go Manatees Go!

2023-08-25 9:24 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

Racing Manatees!!!

August 26-27
Anne - Gravel Worlds 150

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Nice line-up of races (and racers)! Go Manatees Go!

Worldly, even!

2023-08-25 9:25 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Huh?  Who knew?  Apparently folks may do better if they feel like their training plan is customized.

After randomization, the participants were either told that the training program they got was individualized based on their force–velocity profile (Placebo), or that they were in the control group (Control). However, both groups were doing the same workouts.

The results suggest that the placebo effect may be meaningful in sports and exercise training interventions.

The study's key finding was that, despite undergoing the same training, participants who were told they were in the intervention group (Placebo) improved their 1RM squat more than those in the control group (Control). Additionally, the subjects in the placebo group tended to increased muscle thickness, which was strongly correlated with changes in leg strength.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-29141-7

The mind is an amazing thing ( I couldn't immediately think of a better word than thing, so my mind is not that amazing this morning )

2023-08-25 3:46 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!!!

August 26-27
Anne - Gravel Worlds 150

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Wow, worldly manatees this weekend!  Good luck to all, may you have spectacular race experiences, kick butt, and take names!   GOOOOOOOO, manatees!

New Thread
Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever! Rss Feed  

of 33