BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 73

2014-01-16 11:44 AM
in reply to: RunningJoke

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
Subject: RE: Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed.
Originally posted by RunningJoke

Did the sweet spot workout this morning (I have a shift on Saturday, so saving the shorter VO2 workout for then). Challenging, but manageable.

I am having more trouble with balancing with the rest of my training. That's always the trick, isn't it? I'm trying to run 3 times a week, but feeling like I have to keep it super easy to manage these bike workouts. Also trying to do some strength training. For now I've decided to de-emphasize swimming. I am a comfortable swimmer. Last year with some lessons and a lot of technique work I improved my time from 1:55/ 100 to 1:40/100 in a 1000 TT, but since this year it will be mostly sprint triathlons for me, that just doesn't add up to much time saved for the amount of time invested. On the bike I think there is more "low-hanging fruit" time. But I miss swimming, especially the break it gives my legs.

IIWY I would skip the strength in favour of swimming. There are many good reasons to lift but, if one's goal is to perform well in triathlon, at any distance, then strength training should rarely take the place of sport specific work. While the difference between 1:55/100 and 1:40/100 in a sprint (assuming 750m) is only two minutes in the water, this overlooks the impact on the bike and run of working just as hard for an extra two minutes in the water and being more fatigued to start the bike.

Good work with the workout - hope the VO2max goes well!

Shane

2014-01-16 12:10 PM
in reply to: gsmacleod

User image

Veteran
Houston, Texas

Originally posted by gsmacleod
Originally posted by marcag
Originally posted by ligersandtions

Shane / Marc,

Can I ask a question about the VO2-1 workout?  The time spent in the VO2max range is pretty small -- I'm used to seeing longer intervals (3+ minutes versus 30 seconds) and being at VO2max for longer periods over the workout (15+ minutes versus 5 minutes).  I'm certain there is some rationale behind this workout (and it might very well be to introduce us to VO2 workouts and because we just set / reset our FTP's), but I'm just curious about it for future reference.

I'll leave it to Shane to explain it since he is the author. I agree that workout is a bit easier than the others. On the other hand it says > 105% so you can go higher if you want. I usually do the 30s intervals in the range "hard", right above my VO2 range. And you can be nice and rested for Sweetspot :-)
There are a couple of reasons that I use a 30/30 for the first few VO2max intervals and they tend to be quite effective even if they don't feel as hard as a big VO2max interval (like 5 minutes with 3 minutes easy). 1) They are a nice way to get used to riding hard but since they are broken up into small work/rest cycles, they tend to feel a bit easier. This generally will also allow and athlete to go harder in these than they would for a full five minutes and is why they are written as >105% instead of at VO2max power so that you can give a hard effort during these. 2) Another aspect is that there is research that suggests that a 30/30 protocol elicits a similar response to being at VO2max power the entire time; so while it may not feel hard, they will tend to help the body make the adaptations required to complete longer VO2max intervals later in the program. Shane

Thanks for the explanation, Shane!  I really appreciate it.

Say we retest again in six weeks and we see a 10% jump in FTP/CP, would you recommend going back and starting with the 30/30 type VO2 workouts to get "acclimated" to your new zones?

Would you recommend a workout that's something like 2x (10x30" @ VO2) or 20x30" @ VO2?  Or is there a point at which it just makes more sense to start doing 1, 2, 3+ minute intervals?  Is there an "optimal" amount of time to spend in the VO2 range within a (say, one hour) workout?

2014-01-16 12:14 PM

User image

Did the sweet spot workout this morning (I have a shift on Saturday, so saving the shorter VO2 workout for then). Challenging, but manageable.

I am having more trouble with balancing with the rest of my training. That's always the trick, isn't it? I'm trying to run 3 times a week, but feeling like I have to keep it super easy to manage these bike workouts. Also trying to do some strength training. For now I've decided to de-emphasize swimming. I am a comfortable swimmer. Last year with some lessons and a lot of technique work I improved my time from 1:55/ 100 to 1:40/100 in a 1000 TT, but since this year it will be mostly sprint triathlons for me, that just doesn't add up to much time saved for the amount of time invested. On the bike I think there is more "low-hanging fruit" time. But I miss swimming, especially the break it gives my legs.

IIWY I would skip the strength in favour of swimming. There are many good reasons to lift but, if one's goal is to perform well in triathlon, at any distance, then strength training should rarely take the place of sport specific work. While the difference between 1:55/100 and 1:40/100 in a sprint (assuming 750m) is only two minutes in the water, this overlooks the impact on the bike and run of working just as hard for an extra two minutes in the water and being more fatigued to start the bike.

Good work with the workout - hope the VO2max goes well!

Shane

Thanks for the feedback, Shane. I take it really seriously, and will look again at my week and see if I can do as you suggest. Strength training takes a lot less time then swimming logistically for me, but I could probably stop it and get 1-2 short sessions of swimming instead.

This year, sadly, most of our open water and Oly distance triathlons have been cancelled, so my options are mostly limited to pool sprint triathlons. This means the swim distance is only 400 yards, and often these are in a reverse format, so the swim becomes a bit more like a shark tank you're just trying to get through. I am still trying to reconcile my goals and my training with the different reality of local races this year. I was so disappointed when I first found out about this in December, it was hard to train much at all, but then I decided I could focus on the bike and still see some gains, and also signed up for a couple of trail run races as well.

Jaime

2014-01-16 12:16 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Veteran
Houston, Texas

Originally posted by marcag How is everyone managing their other 2 sports ? I am hopefully coming to the end of an achilles recovery so will probably start adding some run miles. I have been running consistently but short distances. I try to swim at least 3x per week, sometimes 4. I did a timed 400m this morning and my swim is good (by my low standards). It will be interesting to see how the load progresses over the next few weeks and my ability to run and swim.

I managed to give myself a slight foot injury and have taken almost two weeks off running now.  It was a combination of things -- new shoes that ultimately did not work well for me, running on hills (which I'm not used to as we don't have ANY in Houston!), and racing a 5k.  I was concerned that it was a stress fracture, but had a tuning fork test and ultrasound done on it, both of which elicited no response from me.  My chiropractor has been "adjusting" my ankle and I've been icing it like crazy and it's probably right about 90% now.

I'm going to start running again tomorrow afternoon and hoping to get back into the low- to mid- 20 mpw range, running six days a week, and hold it there until I'm maybe 12 weeks out from St. George.

Swimming, on the other hand, is going pretty well.  I took two weeks off at the end of the year (burned out and traveling) and have been back in the pool four times....didn't really "feel" the water all that well the first two times, but starting to come back nicely now.  Planning on 3x a week with masters (for roughly 10k a week) and the occasional OWS when it's a tiny bit warmer.

With the time off running, I've been adding an extra bike in....I know it doesn't translate perfectly, but it certainly doesn't hurt and I enjoy riding anyways.

2014-01-16 12:46 PM

User image

Originally posted by marcag How is everyone managing their other 2 sports ?

LOL....

2014-01-16 12:48 PM

User image

Originally posted by marcag A quick talk about the CP curve so we can move onto other topics such as TSS. This should give you a better understanding of why we do the 5' and 20' test and why this test is actually better than the other test protocols. If this is too nerdy, let me know and we can stay away from nerdy stuff.

....snip/

Wow...that was extremely informative.

2014-01-16 12:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Houston, Texas

Cool info, Marc!  Pretty sure there's no such thing as over-geeking

Will probably procrastinate on real work and read the ST link throughout the afternoon!

2014-01-16 1:31 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Jason N

Originally posted by marcag A quick talk about the CP curve so we can move onto other topics such as TSS. This should give you a better understanding of why we do the 5' and 20' test and why this test is actually better than the other test protocols. If this is too nerdy, let me know and we can stay away from nerdy stuff.

....snip/

I have this image in my head of my 2 AAA batteries and your battery the size of a fridge. I'd love to see your 20' test. Maybe it's grown to the size of a small SUV.

2014-01-16 1:40 PM
in reply to: ligersandtions

User image

Veteran
Maine
Originally posted by ligersandtions

Cool info, Marc!  Pretty sure there's no such thing as over-geeking

Will probably procrastinate on real work and read the ST link throughout the afternoon!

Glad I'm not the only one.
2014-01-16 2:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Orangevale, CA
How is everyone managing their other 2 sports ?

I am hopefully coming to the end of an achilles recovery so will probably start adding some run miles. I have been running consistently but short distances.

I try to swim at least 3x per week, sometimes 4. I did a timed 400m this morning and my swim is good (by my low standards).

It will be interesting to see how the load progresses over the next few weeks and my ability to run and swim.

I need to find my way back to the pool, especially with my HIM a little over 2 months away!

I ended up hurting my hip just before my marathon in December, so I greatly reduced my running for most of the month. I've started back up as of Jan. 1, and I'm doing a run streak of at least 1 mile every day. For the last week or so my hip has completely stopped bothering me, and I'm actually feeling similar to the way I was running pre-injury (just not the endurance).

Chris
2014-01-16 2:33 PM

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia

....snip/

Agreed; a fantastic overview!

Shane

2014-01-16 2:52 PM

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS
Did TH Workout #1, not too taxing at all but you can start to feel it in the last two of those 3:30 95% FTP intervals.

My swim is at the "maintenance" level and I'm hoping to build the run back up. Had PF last year, the some nagging heel thing the last two months.

I could have done that TH workout at higher levels across the board but I would have been totally cooked by the end. Those who write these workouts know way more than me. I'm totally sticking to plan! I'm at work now so can't share the files as their on the family laptop at home.
2014-01-16 2:57 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

....snip/

Agreed; a fantastic overview!

Shane

Thank you both
Just for interest I started a poll in the TT forum on how people test. The results are interesting. I thought most did the 5', 20' CP test
Don't respond to it because this group it will skew the results. I am predicting the Coggan 20' with a 5' previous blow out is going to win
2014-01-16 4:21 PM

User image

A quick talk about the CP curve so we can move onto other topics such as TSS. This should give you a better understanding of why we do the 5' and 20' test and why this test is actually better than the other test protocols. If this is too nerdy, let me know and we can stay away from nerdy stuff.

The test protocol Shane has chosen has a lot of science behind it, it allows you to see if you are more sprint/endurance and….it shows you the size of your battery. You will understand soon

This is not necessary to know, but it is interesting and what is cool is to be able to then read stuff like what Dr Skiba is doing.

BTW, his books are really good, simple to read and inexpensive. Highly recommended !!!

Here we go. We did that 5’ and 20’ tests and we looked at what our average WATTS were. We plugged them into a calculator to get our CP and we looked at a curve, which who knows how it was generated. You will soon know.

If you remember your high school physics, you know that

Energy = power * time

Power is measured in watts
Time in seconds
And Energy in Joules

Energy (Joules ) = Power (W) * Time (sec)....10 watts for 20 seconds is 200 Joules

So for example Ron did 271watts for 5 minutes
271watts * 5 minutes * 60 seconds/min = 81,300 Joules

In his 20 minute test he did 234 watts for 20 minutes
234watts * 20minutes * 60 seconds/min = 280,800 Joules

If you plotted these on a chart, with the X axis representing time and the Y axis representing energy (not watts) and drew a line between the two points, wonder what this would mean ?

Scientists have show that this straight line can be used to predict the amount of energy required for any time duration. Unlike the CP curve (power & time) it is a straight line. And straight lines are easy to represent with mathematical formulas

If you remember your high school math, the slope of a line is rise over run.
In this case Y axis is energy, X axis is time, so

Rise = 280,800J – 81300J = 199,500Joules
Run = 1200 seconds – 300 seconds = 900seconds

Slope = Rise/Run = 199500J / 900 seconds = 222 J/s
Remember a J/s is a watt so 222 watts

Hey, 222watts, that’s his CP !!!

Yes, the slope of the line, between two measure points will give your CP. No more need for the CP estimator, you can now figure it out in your head.

Now when we have two points we can also calculate the intercept.

Remember the equation of a line is

y=mx+b where m is the slope and b is the intercept (we said m, the slope is CP)

therefore

I will use the CP from above, and my data at 20min (280,000j, 1200seconds)
b = y – mx

b = 280,800j – 222 j/s * 1200s = 14,400joules or 14kj

This 14kj is what is known as his W’ or Anaerobic work capacity. It is the size of his battery.

So now, with all that info, read this, which I found fascinating stuff.
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=3819592;search_string=b...

You will now understand what "burning matches means" and how your efforts, CP and AWC affect your ability to do that final sprint in a road race.
You will understand that if Jason and I have the same CP and we ride for 1hour just above that CP when we come to sprint to the end, he will win, because he has a bigger battery (W')

Also, now that you know the equation that defines your CP curve/line you can go out and calculate the power you can maintain for 60min

Here again is my CP curve before and after I flipped the Y axis from Watts to Energy. BTW, Ron, you have a bigger battery than me. But then again battery size doesn't matter in LD triathlon.

Let me know if we over-geeked it. FYI, AWC = W'

The same CP curve we discussed before

Setting the Y axis to energy

This is fascinating. I may never get any work done again. Calculated my AWC and it was a measly 2400 joules (NOT kilojoules). I'm visualizing myself as a little double A battery, like the ones in my remote control. So what is a good "battery" number to have? Is it also dependent on weight? Is it the VO2 max workouts that increase the size of your battery?

2014-01-16 6:06 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

This is fascinating. I may never get any work done again. Calculated my AWC and it was a measly 2400 joules (NOT kilojoules). I'm visualizing myself as a little double A battery, like the ones in my remote control. So what is a good "battery" number to have? Is it also dependent on weight? Is it the VO2 max workouts that increase the size of your battery?

My understanding, and Shane can correct me is "we don't care" on the size of our battery :-) Size does not matter. My AAA batteries are just fine if I can get a big CP. In a long distance triathlon I will not call on those batteries. Maybe if I was Gomez sprinting against Brownlee I would :-)

We, as triathletes, do not call very often on anaerobic power. We need aerobic capacity and while the VO2 workouts are harder in intensity they are there to develop our aerobic capacity, not anaerobic. But we should not drain the battery we have.

I would be interested in figuring out the role of things such as weight training. Does it contribute mostly to our AWC ? I really don't know and am very curious.

What I think is important when testing is to subtract out the Anaerobic component (which accounts for a few kilojoules) to get more accurate predictions of the power we can actually sustain over long periods of time.

It seems that protocols that do not take this component into consideration are less accurate. If Jason and I do a 20' test and get the same number, given the size of his battery, his FTP would actually be lower than mine. But a protocol that says "take 95%" of the 20 minute test would not show this.

BTW, as you learn to properly pace the tests, I suspect your AWC will grow. You may become a D battery if you try really hard :-) Our numbers are probably off due to our inexperience in testing.

Disclaimer : I am not an authority on this. I am sharing what I have read, shared with others and found during my testing. I think I have tried every protocol out there and it actually all adds up for me.
2014-01-16 7:15 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Originally posted by RunningJoke This is fascinating. I may never get any work done again. Calculated my AWC and it was a measly 2400 joules (NOT kilojoules). I'm visualizing myself as a little double A battery, like the ones in my remote control. So what is a good "battery" number to have? Is it also dependent on weight? Is it the VO2 max workouts that increase the size of your battery?
My understanding, and Shane can correct me is "we don't care" on the size of our battery :-) Size does not matter. My AAA batteries are just fine if I can get a big CP. In a long distance triathlon I will not call on those batteries. Maybe if I was Gomez sprinting against Brownlee I would :-) We, as triathletes, do not call very often on anaerobic power. We need aerobic capacity and while the VO2 workouts are harder in intensity they are there to develop our aerobic capacity, not anaerobic. But we should not drain the battery we have. I would be interested in figuring out the role of things such as weight training. Does it contribute mostly to our AWC ? I really don't know and am very curious. What I think is important when testing is to subtract out the Anaerobic component (which accounts for a few kilojoules) to get more accurate predictions of the power we can actually sustain over long periods of time. It seems that protocols that do not take this component into consideration are less accurate. If Jason and I do a 20' test and get the same number, given the size of his battery, his FTP would actually be lower than mine. But a protocol that says "take 95%" of the 20 minute test would not show this. BTW, as you learn to properly pace the tests, I suspect your AWC will grow. You may become a D battery if you try really hard :-) Our numbers are probably off due to our inexperience in testing. Disclaimer : I am not an authority on this. I am sharing what I have read, shared with others and found during my testing. I think I have tried every protocol out there and it actually all adds up for me.

This has seriously shed a big light on my understanding of my power profile.  I kind of had an idea about it, but it makes so much more sense now.

Marc is right in that for long course tris, battery size doesn't matter much as you shouldn't be spending that much time at or abover threshold...let alone anaerobic levels.  And it's also true that my CP is likely lower than Marc's, despite me having a higher profile to the left of 5'.  I hope to test this weekend (I had a sore throat this past weekend) but I imagine my 20' would put me somewhere around 305-310 while climbing.  Factor in some fudge to simulate a flat surface and it's probably closer to 290-295 for 20'.  Bringing my CP down significantly lower than Marc's CP.  Not that I'm comparing against Marc for the biggest CP, but it does shed some light on why I typically can't hold as high a percentage of FTP (calculated as 95% of max 20') as other triathletes do for long course.

Given the way I train, it explains a lot.  And probably tells me that if I want to focus on long course again, I need to adjust my training a lot more than I previously thought.

Edited by Jason N 2014-01-16 7:24 PM

2014-01-16 8:08 PM

User image

Lincoln, Nebraska
Finished workout #2 for the week, VO2-1. I bumped up the watts on this one and it felt better -more of a workout, but still less than I would do on my own. But that is fine as I don't know that what I would do on my own is a good thing or a bad thing - I just go. Got another IronMan episode in. The more I watch past IronMan Kona races, the more I think people are crazy for racing that race. I'd opt for a cooler weathered place with less wind. :-) And I would knock the mileage down by about 85%. :-)

Attachments
----------------
crissy26-2014-01-17-bt-power-week-2-vo2-1-632196.tcx (1454KB - 4 downloads)
2014-01-16 8:11 PM

I attached threshold one and two. Two was harder judging by my HR, but by RPE I felt pretty much the same (I was better rested going into 2).

For threshold 1, I pretty much hit my targets dead on. For threshold 2, I was a bit over 92% FTP, was at about 97%, was using the 92% number as the "floor."

What I am finding interesting is how my cadence drops when I get close to FTP, I never noticed that before.

With regards to my other training: I try to get to the pool 3x/week, I missed one in the last 4 weeks. Been in the 2000 to 2500 yd range. I am staying at about 30-40 mpw running. I had planned to ramp up for a marathon, but with a renewed interest in the bike, I am doing a HIM in early May instead since I hadn't registered for the marathon yet, and it will be better prep for the Aug. IM.

(Threshold1.png)

(Threshold2.png)

Attachments
----------------
Threshold1.png (87KB - 5 downloads)
Threshold2.png (61KB - 3 downloads)
2014-01-16 8:35 PM

User image

Lincoln, Nebraska

How is everyone managing their other 2 sports ?

I am hopefully coming to the end of an achilles recovery so will probably start adding some run miles. I have been running consistently but short distances.

I try to swim at least 3x per week, sometimes 4. I did a timed 400m this morning and my swim is good (by my low standards).

It will be interesting to see how the load progresses over the next few weeks and my ability to run and swim.

My run is pathetic and I am just starting back in the pool again this month after a 4 month hiatus, so it's pathetic right now too. Just got a Garmin Swim watch last week so I finally know my pace in the pool AND how far I actually swim. I loose count every single time I swim and forget about watching that dang clock, I forget what time it was on when I start anyway. I'm too focused on NOT drowning. It will be nice to see how / if I improve over time.

My "new" routine is to do a 30 minute slog on the dreadmill then jump in the pool for about 20 minutes, then hurry home and get the kids and myself ready, then scream out the door to work. Like I mentioned, I just started back at it, and I'm trying to get short, easy runs more often (4/week) and 2 or 3 swims in. Since I'm focusing on sprint distance I don't have to put in much effort into either of those sports, just quick short workouts. I don't know how I would find time for anything longer/further. Once it gets above freezing I'll start doing longer bike rides outside on the weekends.
2014-01-17 7:39 AM

Brampton, Ontario
Good morning Marc,

All 3 workouts are done for the week.. I will post tonight all 3 graph's tonight..all went well.. I think I can go a little harder, but I will wait to see what else you have for us for the coming weeks,

I will be away most of next week in sales training + meeting in St-Louis , will you be sending a files this week end so maybe I can do one work out Sunday AM?
Pierre
2014-01-17 8:36 AM
in reply to: Habs1969

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Habs1969

Good morning Marc,

All 3 workouts are done for the week.. I will post tonight all 3 graph's tonight..all went well.. I think I can go a little harder, but I will wait to see what else you have for us for the coming weeks,

I will be away most of next week in sales training + meeting in St-Louis , will you be sending a files this week end so maybe I can do one work out Sunday AM?
Pierre

We'll try and get them by Sunday AM. Shane sends them to me, I create the mrc files and Shane posts the workouts in the thread. We'll try hard to have them there by Sun morning.

What I suspect you will see is a very gradual increase in load. Expect real bad stuff if we off Shane :-)

2014-01-17 8:42 AM
in reply to: Habs1969

User image

Master
I'll ask the group - Marc gave me some input earlier in the week. What's the easiest way to post charts/graphs here on BT?
2014-01-17 8:42 AM
in reply to: crissy_jo

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by crissy_jo
My "new" routine is to do a 30 minute slog on the dreadmill then jump in the pool for about 20 minutes, then hurry home and get the kids and myself ready, then scream out the door to work. Like I mentioned, I just started back at it, and I'm trying to get short, easy runs more often (4/week) and 2 or 3 swims in. Since I'm focusing on sprint distance I don't have to put in much effort into either of those sports, just quick short workouts. I don't know how I would find time for anything longer/further. Once it gets above freezing I'll start doing longer bike rides outside on the weekends.

Run frequency is key IMO
Keeping feel of the water is very important and you lose that if you swim 1x per week
So given your time constraints, I think you are doing great.

Kids are a killer to a schedule, no doubt about it. And double whammo if you have to watch dinosaur shows while on the trainer.

2014-01-17 8:44 AM
in reply to: trisuppo

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by trisuppo

I'll ask the group - Marc gave me some input earlier in the week. What's the easiest way to post charts/graphs here on BT?

I was going in a round about way putting them on imageshak. Just attaching them to a message seems to work fine.
2014-01-17 8:49 AM
in reply to: ImSore

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by ImSore

With regards to my other training: I try to get to the pool 3x/week, I missed one in the last 4 weeks. Been in the 2000 to 2500 yd range. I am staying at about 30-40 mpw running. I had planned to ramp up for a marathon, but with a renewed interest in the bike, I am doing a HIM in early May instead since I hadn't registered for the marathon yet, and it will be better prep for the Aug. IM.

Will you be able to put in a lot of training hours between now and the IM, especially when spring rolls around ?
You have a great run and lots of potential on the bike. Your swim is very respectable for an adult onset swimmer.

Your IM objectives are very achievable with the right volume of training.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Rss Feed  

of 73

RELATED POSTS

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 16211 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 29734 Posts: 415

2014-05-16 9:06 AM Birkierunner

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Winter Group version 3-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75

Started by slornow
Views: 60949 Posts: 1862

2014-05-16 5:48 PM GoldenSprocket

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 15, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
This month we talk with gsmacleod, aka Coach Shane MacLeod on his coaching philosophy, his approach to gadgets, training plans, missed workouts and strength training.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : March 4, 2009
author : jasongootman
In this third part, we discuss bike workout types and how they relate to power training. Power analysis of workouts included. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.
date : December 3, 2008
author : jasongootman
What is power training? In this first part, learn the terms and definitions associated with power training. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.

date : October 21, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Training with a power meter will make sure that you are spending every minute on the bike effectively. Racing with a power meter will keep you humble and in your proper zones on race day.
date : April 1, 2008
author : sportfactory
How will a power meter help my cycling training and racing? A few questions and answers will help determine if a power meter will be good for you.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.