BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 CLOSED Thread 2 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 49

2014-05-06 8:17 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 CLOSED Thread 2
Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by rrrunner
Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Miss Yanti- I hope the weekend gave you some form of reprieve. Ryder looks like a much happier kitty!

Kirsten- awesome job on that pig anesthetization...oh, and the Calc final was pretty good, too.  Plus honing your wrenching skills? Supa Star!

TJ- happy dayblated birthday! The Fourth is with you always. (ok, it would be fun to have a Star Wars day bday) Sydney looks like a great "present". lol

Jonathan- another day closer to all your hard work paying off. Woot

Kate- Cool... Bay to Breakers! If I still lived there, it would be on my race list. And great job attitude that I'm sure your zoo and animals very much appreciate.

Stacey- I don't know how you keep up with it all. They're cute and cuddly, but what lot of work!

Judi-Wheee!!!! Podium!

Salty- Ha! reminds me of riding through puddles when I was a kid. Doesn't work as well living in the desert.

I hope I'm mostly caught up on pod news. Happy Monday!

That's funny. I was "complaining" to my Star Wars geek brother that my birthday had been distorted and he told me not to lose focus, that it's MY day. Ha right.As for Sydney's actual lineage? Who knows with recues right? She's still warming up to the pack but I'm not seeing any hyper or heard ring tendencies

Try sharing your birthday with Jesus.

Lol!!!

2014-05-06 8:59 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Miss Yanti- I hope the weekend gave you some form of reprieve. Ryder looks like a much happier kitty!

Kirsten- awesome job on that pig anesthetization...oh, and the Calc final was pretty good, too.  Plus honing your wrenching skills? Supa Star!

TJ- happy dayblated birthday! The Fourth is with you always. (ok, it would be fun to have a Star Wars day bday) Sydney looks like a great "present". lol

Kate- Cool... Bay to Breakers! If I still lived there, it would be on my race list. And great job attitude that I'm sure your zoo and animals very much appreciate.

Stacey- I don't know how you keep up with it all. They're cute and cuddly, but what lot of work!

Judi-Wheee!!!! Podium!

Salty- Ha! reminds me of riding through puddles when I was a kid. Doesn't work as well living in the desert.

That's funny. I was "complaining" to my Star Wars geek brother that my birthday had been distorted and he told me not to lose focus, that it's MY day. Ha right.As for Sydney's actual lineage? Who knows with recues right? She's still warming up to the pack but I'm not seeing any hyper or heard ring tendencies

OH My Goodness! I just spat my tea all over my iPad.
2014-05-06 9:02 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
TJ - Happy belated birthday!!

Erin - we've fostered greyhounds. Some we cried over, some we said "we should have kept them" and some were just total pains in the butts that we were glad to be rid of But passing along each foster means room for another one! Well done!!

URGH tired and sore today and it's only Tuesday.

Someone tell me something funny or show me a cute animal picture...............
2014-05-06 9:19 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Judi-Wheee!!!! Podium!

That's seriously funny!!

Happy belated birthday, TJ!!  Sorry I'm a forgetful dork that didn't offer well-wishes sooner.

2014-05-06 9:35 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk TJ - Happy belated birthday!! Erin - we've fostered greyhounds. Some we cried over, some we said "we should have kept them" and some were just total pains in the butts that we were glad to be rid of But passing along each foster means room for another one! Well done!! URGH tired and sore today and it's only Tuesday. Someone tell me something funny or show me a cute animal picture...............

Here are some funnies for you:  http://www.cakewrecks.com/, http://www.dogshaming.com/ (this one has cute animal pictures too!)

And cute dog pictures:  http://www.allbordercollies.com/forums/index.php?page=Board&boardID=8&s=a9ae31eb133743d8b03a6544905e77e8286f7bee

Enjoy and feel better!

2014-05-06 9:36 AM

User image

Master

Judi-Wheee!!!! Podium!

FTW :'D and that's why we scheduled an induction for Makenna! On her own accord she decided not to share birthdays and came on the 20th.

2014-05-06 9:51 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by Asalzwed

My bike ride was really fun. Considering I've not been on my bike more than a couple miles here and there to a happy hour, my running fitness got me through 40 miles no problem. 

I got a flat about 20 miles in but some fantastic gentlemen helped me out. Even if I wanted to change my tire myself I don't think they would have let me. Super sweet guys.

It was pretty rainy. I even wore my board shorts (as you can see, I don't have fenders on my bike) LOL

Dirty girl, pace booty, and a pug. What more could I ask for?

2014-05-06 9:52 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Judi-Wheee!!!! Podium!

Holy crap that made me laugh - Janyne, you now owe me a new keyboard.  

And I'm also a horribly forgetful person who totally spaced on it being TJ's birthday... Happy Belated TJ!!  

2014-05-06 11:16 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Judi-Wheee!!!! Podium!

Touche!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's funny, I had to figure out my age because I always run on USAT age so I was happy to figure out that I'm "still" 47 and not turning 48.

So having one's birthday a week before one's first tri in several months is less than ideal. Everyone makes/buys yummy treats that they expect one to eat. I feel like I've gained 10 pounds in the last 4 days!

2014-05-06 11:33 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's funny, I had to figure out my age because I always run on USAT age so I was happy to figure out that I'm "still" 47 and not turning 48.

It was such a shock for me to see that I was in the 45-49 AG for my 5k, since I'd just turned 45 a couple weeks before.  WTF?  How did that happen?!?!

2014-05-06 11:48 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by laffinrock

It was such a shock for me to see that I was in the 45-49 AG for my 5k, since I'd just turned 45 a couple weeks before.  WTF?  How did that happen?!?!

Yup, we all turn a year older on Jan 1st

2014-05-06 11:55 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

This really only matters every fifth year 

2014-05-06 12:00 PM

User image

Veteran
East Texas

My birthday is in December so I turn a year older in December and again the next month in January. I have no idea how old I am anymore. Plus in 6 months I change age groups. Then I'm really gonna be lost.

Jonathan How old are you?? Ummmm 30-34, wait no, 35-39...I think??
2014-05-06 12:01 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by cdban66

I don't know what you all are talking about - I haven't aged in years!

2014-05-06 12:06 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

I think I age up next year?  All I know is that whatever age group I'm in, I still won't win my AG unless I'm the only one in it!   

2014-05-06 12:36 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

I think I age up next year?  All I know is that whatever age group I'm in, I still won't win my AG unless I'm the only one in it!   

yeah, whatever... Either way you look good in your Betty kit!!!!!!!!

2014-05-06 12:38 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

http://www.dogshaming.com/

classic!

This was our entry!

(IMG_3501.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_3501.JPG (1034KB - 3 downloads)
2014-05-06 12:42 PM

User image

Master

hahaha! You know you're a tri-er when you give your age as a range.
2014-05-06 12:44 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Originally posted by amd723

I don't know what you all are talking about - I haven't aged in years!

It's been at least fours years :D
2014-05-06 12:45 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Hahahahahaha!!!   I love that website!  

Thankfully we haven't really had any "shaming" episodes... yet.  

2014-05-06 12:52 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Orlando

Gunnar's last shaming episode was at least 6 years ago when I came home to the couch's arm rest having all the stuffing removed - at least he "opened" the area by removing the stitching at the seam- and a hole in the middle of my dinning room wall! He didn't show any shame then and I'm sure he wouldn't show any shame if he were to do it today!

2014-05-06 1:17 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by amd723

Gunnar's last shaming episode was at least 6 years ago when I came home to the couch's arm rest having all the stuffing removed - at least he "opened" the area by removing the stitching at the seam- and a hole in the middle of my dinning room wall! He didn't show any shame then and I'm sure he wouldn't show any shame if he were to do it today!

Pippin barks at thunder.  It works every time: he barks, it stops.  Same with fireworks.  He woke us up the day of my 5k barking and jumping on and off the bed.  Not the most ideal alarm clock.  He also knows the snooze routine:  alarm goes off, he shoots in between us and licks my neck and face (ick!!), then goes and lies down on command until snooze goes off.  Rinse, repeat.  Unfortunately, he now does it even if the alarm doesn't go off, like on weekends.  Frequently, as soon as he lies down, the cat starts in, whisker-tickling me and licking my nose and eyelids.  I tell ya, there's no rest for the weary at my house!

2014-05-06 1:46 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by laffinrock http://www.dogshaming.com/
classic! This was our entry!

What kind of dog is that?  Its coloring is the same as my dear mutt Coco, lineage unknown since she's a rescue.

2014-05-06 2:13 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by laffinrock http://www.dogshaming.com/
classic! This was our entry!

What kind of dog is that?  Its coloring is the same as my dear mutt Coco, lineage unknown since she's a rescue.

Bloo is a blue greyhound
2014-05-06 2:34 PM

User image

Seattle

Okie dokie. So, generally I am healthy.  The breast lump isn't a huge concern but I have a follow up given my family history and I'm going to need surgery for the other lump (minor) which I will schedule here shortly.

She had a bunch of bloodwork done too. Good news, although I was a complete baby, I didn't pass out when they took the blood. Also, it didn't really hurt at all gawd I am a baby with that stuff. I'll get the results of that  later. 

Another thing, my doc was concerned about my period. The frequency (every 2.5 weeks), the length (>7 days) and the fact it's quite heavy. She recommends me getting on birth control and skipping my period as she thinks it's negatively affecting my energy levels and quite frankly my mental health (my feedback.) Interestingly enough this has increased since running, not decreased. We were laughing about my unlucky circumstance vs say amenorrhoea (don't worry, it was a joke!) The good news is, that could explain my general fatigue with a fairly simple fix. But we'll see what the blood tests say, too. 

Soooo, that's that! 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 CLOSED Thread 2 Rss Feed  

of 49

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 64690 Posts: 2563

2014-04-03 7:43 AM IndoIronYanti

New Year 2014 Mentor Program is OPEN! Instructions Inside

Started by Ron
Views: 2977 Posts: 20

2014-03-26 2:43 PM simoneocean

Scott and Kelly's Mentor Group- Closed Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29

Started by uhcoog
Views: 28167 Posts: 719

2014-05-18 9:18 PM kathleenkp

2014 Rookies - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16

Started by Jason N
Views: 16393 Posts: 376

2014-04-28 2:54 PM Danmartinids

Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73

Started by marcag
Views: 100364 Posts: 1816

2014-06-10 2:42 PM cdkayak
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.