BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 107

2019-02-14 7:38 PM
in reply to: #5253173

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Subject: RE: Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED
Hmmmm...I'd still be carrying considerable fitness from IM LOU and I'm not too far away from Asheville.

Let me think on it...

2019-02-14 10:09 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Hi Janyne (and other potential stalkers),

Not sure about stalking. I think you may have to download an app. It's a Challenge Family event, not IM. Different stalking platform.

Local forecast is for low of 42-45 and high of 57, mostly sunny. Today was mostly in the 60's, sunny, and breezy, after a couple days in the 70's. I swam the course yesterday and the water's not particularly cold. I think maybe 66 degrees F. A bit warmer than Calgary and CDA. For stalkers, please be aware this is more of a "bucket list" thing for me than a serious competitive effort. I'm planning to take the extra time in transition to put on a dry tri suit and tech shirt. Just don't want to shiver and shake my way through all that beautiful scenery. I'm also riding a rental road bike, not my racing bike, so that will slow me down some (conditions tend to be windy). No aerobars or aero helmet. Just couldn't justify the trouble of hauling Andreas all the way here, to Australia, and then back, when I would only ride him for one day. If I'm feeling strong on the run I will try to make up some ground there, but it's a slow course, 75% off-road (trails and gravel). My goal is to not have it be my slowest HIM ever--I think that was Worlds at Chatt?

I'm #491. First race in 50-54. OMG it seems like yesterday I was in 9-10. How did this happen?!
2019-02-15 7:05 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by Hot RunnerHi Janyne (and other potential stalkers),Not sure about stalking. I think you may have to download an app. It's a Challenge Family event, not IM. Different stalking platform. Local forecast is for low of 42-45 and high of 57, mostly sunny. Today was mostly in the 60's, sunny, and breezy, after a couple days in the 70's. I swam the course yesterday and the water's not particularly cold. I think maybe 66 degrees F. A bit warmer than Calgary and CDA. For stalkers, please be aware this is more of a "bucket list" thing for me than a serious competitive effort. I'm planning to take the extra time in transition to put on a dry tri suit and tech shirt. Just don't want to shiver and shake my way through all that beautiful scenery. I'm also riding a rental road bike, not my racing bike, so that will slow me down some (conditions tend to be windy). No aerobars or aero helmet. Just couldn't justify the trouble of hauling Andreas all the way here, to Australia, and then back, when I would only ride him for one day. If I'm feeling strong on the run I will try to make up some ground there, but it's a slow course, 75% off-road (trails and gravel). My goal is to not have it be my slowest HIM ever--I think that was Worlds at Chatt?I'm #491. First race in 50-54. OMG it seems like yesterday I was in 9-10. How did this happen?!
have a fabulous race.
2019-02-15 8:45 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by ceilidh

Manatees!!!

How about this for a meetup instead of the Florida relay. The location is great, it is only one day, We already have 2 drivers (me and my hubster) and probably our cars as well so that is taken care of.

Cherokee and Asheville both have tons of things to do: There is wonderful Mountain biking, Paddling, hiking, restaurants, breweries,

AND I can accommodate folks here for free, for at least the night before the race. (We have 3 rooms, a sleeper-sofa room, and 3 baths for folks). Rooms in Cherokee would be good for the end of the race since our place is about 2 hours from there.

Land and Sky Relay (Asheville to Cherokee)
Event info: http://gloryhoundevents.com/event/land-and-sky-relay/
Need 4 runners plus driver/sherpas
Runners cover 13-18.3 miles over three legs
Early entry fee is $95/runner + gas + accommodations (probably 2 nights?) + Manatee team shirts!!!
* Every runner must wear a flashing light on their front and back during each leg.
* During the hours of 5-8 AM and 4-7 PM, all runners must also wear reflective vests and head lamps.
* Teams will be checked for compliance at all Transfer Points and those not meeting these requirements will not be allowed to continue
* All teams must start their final leg by 7:30 PM. (Saturday, November 2 – Team Starts – 5:00-8:15 AM – White Duck Taco)

LETS Have a show of Hands... Who is interested?

My hand is up!  I would love to get to meet more manatees AND race somewhere beautiful!  As stated previously, I won't be your fastest choice...

2019-02-15 8:49 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Hot Runner Hi Janyne (and other potential stalkers), Not sure about stalking. I think you may have to download an app. It's a Challenge Family event, not IM. Different stalking platform. Local forecast is for low of 42-45 and high of 57, mostly sunny. Today was mostly in the 60's, sunny, and breezy, after a couple days in the 70's. I swam the course yesterday and the water's not particularly cold. I think maybe 66 degrees F. A bit warmer than Calgary and CDA. For stalkers, please be aware this is more of a "bucket list" thing for me than a serious competitive effort. I'm planning to take the extra time in transition to put on a dry tri suit and tech shirt. Just don't want to shiver and shake my way through all that beautiful scenery. I'm also riding a rental road bike, not my racing bike, so that will slow me down some (conditions tend to be windy). No aerobars or aero helmet. Just couldn't justify the trouble of hauling Andreas all the way here, to Australia, and then back, when I would only ride him for one day. If I'm feeling strong on the run I will try to make up some ground there, but it's a slow course, 75% off-road (trails and gravel). My goal is to not have it be my slowest HIM ever--I think that was Worlds at Chatt? I'm #491. First race in 50-54. OMG it seems like yesterday I was in 9-10. How did this happen?!
No doubt you will have a strong race and do great!  Above all, enjoy the experience and the scenery and take in the day - have fun!

2019-02-15 8:55 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Hot Runner Hi Janyne (and other potential stalkers), Not sure about stalking. I think you may have to download an app. It's a Challenge Family event, not IM. Different stalking platform. Local forecast is for low of 42-45 and high of 57, mostly sunny. Today was mostly in the 60's, sunny, and breezy, after a couple days in the 70's. I swam the course yesterday and the water's not particularly cold. I think maybe 66 degrees F. A bit warmer than Calgary and CDA. For stalkers, please be aware this is more of a "bucket list" thing for me than a serious competitive effort. I'm planning to take the extra time in transition to put on a dry tri suit and tech shirt. Just don't want to shiver and shake my way through all that beautiful scenery. I'm also riding a rental road bike, not my racing bike, so that will slow me down some (conditions tend to be windy). No aerobars or aero helmet. Just couldn't justify the trouble of hauling Andreas all the way here, to Australia, and then back, when I would only ride him for one day. If I'm feeling strong on the run I will try to make up some ground there, but it's a slow course, 75% off-road (trails and gravel). My goal is to not have it be my slowest HIM ever--I think that was Worlds at Chatt? I'm #491. First race in 50-54. OMG it seems like yesterday I was in 9-10. How did this happen?!

Sounds like it will be a challenging race, but i have no doubt you will do well!

Aging up stinks on the one hand, but on the other, you are the baby of the AG!

2019-02-15 9:04 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by melbo55

Manatees!!!

How about this for a meetup instead of the Florida relay. The location is great, it is only one day, We already have 2 drivers (me and my hubster) and probably our cars as well so that is taken care of.

Cherokee and Asheville both have tons of things to do: There is wonderful Mountain biking, Paddling, hiking, restaurants, breweries,

AND I can accommodate folks here for free, for at least the night before the race. (We have 3 rooms, a sleeper-sofa room, and 3 baths for folks). Rooms in Cherokee would be good for the end of the race since our place is about 2 hours from there.

Early entry fee is $95/runner + gas + accommodations (probably 2 nights?) + Manatee team shirts!!!
* Every runner must wear a flashing light on their front and back during each leg.
* During the hours of 5-8 AM and 4-7 PM, all runners must also wear reflective vests and head lamps.
* Teams will be checked for compliance at all Transfer Points and those not meeting these requirements will not be allowed to continue
* All teams must start their final leg by 7:30 PM. (Saturday, November 2 – Team Starts – 5:00-8:15 AM – White Duck Taco)

My hand is up!  I would love to get to meet more manatees AND race somewhere beautiful!  As stated previously, I won't be your fastest choice...

Oh! Fun!

Nancy and Jim, let us know if you think you'll be available. I know it's a little close to Louisville...

Adam, are you interested? You know it's not that far from Raleigh!

Who else is interested?

2019-02-15 9:05 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Race well and HAVE FUN!

2019-02-15 9:27 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

This sounds awesome, I hope you have the most enjoyable of races.

2019-02-15 10:49 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

February 16-17
Karen - Challenge Wanaka on Saturday
Melanie - Frozen Foot Winter Series #2 on Saturday
Lisa - Hot Chocolate 15k on Sunday

Is anyone else racing?

2019-02-15 10:50 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

It's 5:50am in Wanaka. I'm hoping the Live Cam comes up shortly.

2019-02-15 10:54 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

February 16-17

Is anyone else racing?

Have fun racers!

2019-02-15 12:15 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Racing Manatees!!!

February 16-17

Is anyone else racing?

I may possibly do a 5K on Sunday. Depending on how my hip and knee feel.

2019-02-15 12:48 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Okay,

We have half our team confirmed and drivers.

Two more Manatees come and play with us!!

2019-02-15 1:06 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by amd723

Racing Manatees!!!

February 16-17

Is anyone else racing?

Have fun racers!

We're forcasted to get rain rain rain for the next 7 days. Weather app is showing 90% chance of rain Sunday (down from 100%), but says "cloudy with periods of rain" so crossing my fingers that it's relatively dry in the morning when I race? I can dream 

2019-02-15 1:11 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Manatees!!!

Oh! Fun!

Nancy and Jim, let us know if you think you'll be available. I know it's a little close to Louisville...

Who else is interested?

I'll join in. I haven't seen Mel in a couple years and haven't seen (in person) the others at all!

2019-02-15 1:47 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by rrrunner

Manatees!!!

Oh! Fun!

Who else is interested?

I'll join in. I haven't seen Mel in a couple years and haven't seen (in person) the others at all!

YAY!!!!  Bring the beets!

2019-02-15 1:50 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by lisac957

Originally posted by amd723

Racing Manatees!!!

February 16-17

Is anyone else racing?

Have fun racers!

We're forcasted to get rain rain rain for the next 7 days. Weather app is showing 90% chance of rain Sunday (down from 100%), but says "cloudy with periods of rain" so crossing my fingers that it's relatively dry in the morning when I race? I can dream 

The good and bad thing about weather forecasts is they can so quickly change - here's hoping it changes in your favor!  Good luck and have fun out there!

2019-02-15 2:30 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Manatees!!!

Oh! Fun!

Who else is interested?

Oh... I will

2019-02-15 2:47 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Manatees!!!

Oh! Fun!

Who else is interested?

Nice!

2019-02-15 3:48 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Manatees!!!

Oh! Fun!

Who else is interested?

Oh... I will

YAY!!!!!! And beets, too.

2019-02-15 4:17 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Okay,

With TJ, Now there are three.

Manatees?!?!?? come out and play!!

2019-02-15 7:27 PM

User image

Expert
It certainly would be tempting, but I couldn't do it.

2019-02-15 8:06 PM

User image

Jacksonville, Florida

Okay,

With TJ, Now there are three.

Manatees?!?!?? come out and play!!

I love White Duck Taco. I love Asheville's craft beer scene even more. The only problem is that I'm not currently running and don't see it in my immediate future. Sounds like a really cool event for the running folks. Enjoy!
2019-02-16 8:27 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by Hot RunnerHi Janyne (and other potential stalkers),Not sure about stalking. I think you may have to download an app. It's a Challenge Family event, not IM. Different stalking platform. Local forecast is for low of 42-45 and high of 57, mostly sunny. Today was mostly in the 60's, sunny, and breezy, after a couple days in the 70's. I swam the course yesterday and the water's not particularly cold. I think maybe 66 degrees F. A bit warmer than Calgary and CDA. For stalkers, please be aware this is more of a "bucket list" thing for me than a serious competitive effort. I'm planning to take the extra time in transition to put on a dry tri suit and tech shirt. Just don't want to shiver and shake my way through all that beautiful scenery. I'm also riding a rental road bike, not my racing bike, so that will slow me down some (conditions tend to be windy). No aerobars or aero helmet. Just couldn't justify the trouble of hauling Andreas all the way here, to Australia, and then back, when I would only ride him for one day. If I'm feeling strong on the run I will try to make up some ground there, but it's a slow course, 75% off-road (trails and gravel). My goal is to not have it be my slowest HIM ever--I think that was Worlds at Chatt?I'm #491. First race in 50-54. OMG it seems like yesterday I was in 9-10. How did this happen?!
How did it go?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 107