BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 230

2009-12-14 10:53 AM
in reply to: #2555972

User image

Keller, Tx
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! (OPEN FOR BUSINESS)
Is there still room?  Would love to join the group...I will post a bio after work.

2009-12-14 11:07 AM

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
We are still open for "Business" and will compile a list shortly.... I will probably cut it off around 25 people.... KEEP EM' COMING, or get out and TRAIN!
2009-12-14 11:08 AM

User image

Veteran
Auburn, Wa
If there's still room I would like to join the group. I'm from Seattle if that gets me any bonus points. Just getting back into the swing of things this week, so this times out perfectly.

NAME: Chris

FAMILY STATUS: Married for 14yrs, two girls 8 and 4.

CURRENT TRAINING: Just getting back into it and and I'M PSYCHED!!

2009 RACES: NONE

2010 RACES: TIMBERMAN SPRINT, FEDERAL WAY SPRINT, 10K run by JUNE.

WEIGHTLOSS: I would love to lose 30lbs by August. Today is day one of no SODA!!!

Again would love to be part of this group is you'll have me.

Thanks Chris
2009-12-14 11:15 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

SWBKRUN: 

I am hoping to join, but I do not know if your group is already too full - with several pages of folks who have already joined.

I am not sure what you are looking for in a BIO.  I am married with 3 kids (5,4,2).  I grew up outside of Boston, but now live in DC.  To be honest, I have fluctuated from not-fit to fit and back several times over my lifetime.  In high school, I was overweight and only exercised to a limited extent.  Before I went to college, I decided to lose a bunch of weight.  I did so, joined the rowing team and raced competitively and had a great time.  After college, I became more sedentary and gained weight again.  Then I got in shape for a while.  Then I stopped and gained weight again.  I turned 40 a year ago and decided that I did not want to be old and fat.  I could not help the old part, but I could help the fat part.  So I started getting back in shape (p90X), and then did 3 triathlons, including the Nation's Tri in DC and a sub-2 hour Richmond half marathon.  Having a great time with it, and so far have lost 25 lbs.

2009-12-14 11:20 AM

User image

Master
Apex, north carolina
Guess I better hurry up before Steve  uses this as an excuse to drop me....

Name:  Tracy   season 4, all of which have been with the Swbkrun mentor groups.

I am a recovering college cheerleader who was desperate to find a grownup sport.  After a black eye and getting run through twice I soon realized softball was not for me and followed a neighbor out for a bike ride one day..........
This summer will be my 4th year of racing.  I've advanced from 5K's and super sprints to completing a half and relaying in a full this past year.  Off to register for Ironman Canada in 2010 so  I can race in 2011!!!!  Wooo hoooo!  I would describe myself as a bike rider who can swim okay and runs because it is the last event of a tri. Currently I am recovering from a running injury so that just adds to my love of running (insert sarcastic font).  

I have a husband who races as well and 2 daughters, 9 and 6.  The 9 year old just got her first road bike, has participated in one kids tri and she and I will be racing her first grown-up sprint together this summer!  I am so excited for her! 

This group is a fantastic place to find unconditional support, share wonderful and heartbreaking experiences, wallow self pitty moments,  be cheered out of them and hear lots of advise (some of it is actually good. Wink)  Every year there are all kinds of people, first timers, people trying to go long, people loosing weight, high tech racers, weekend warriors, frequent posters, those that post once a month, and we love 'em all at SWBKRUN!!!

Now i am off to read all the bios.  WELCOME EVERYONE!!!

Edited by tahrens 2009-12-14 11:32 AM
2009-12-14 11:29 AM
in reply to: #2557627

User image

Master
Suwanee, Ga.
I REALLY hope I am not too late.

Name:  Steve

Been doing Tri's for 2.5 years (only 2-3 a year).  Have done 1 HIM and I am currently training for my second full marathon to be held next March.

I am 57 years old and retired from a 30 year stint as a firefighter.  Most pressing need for me is motivation and consistancy in training.  I have had some issues with depression in the past and have recently moved to another part of Atlanta since I am going through a divorce....all that leads to occasional issues with staying on track with my training programs.  Being in a Mentor Group before really helped and one of your former/current members (Suzy-ssminnow)  recommended you very highly and I really hope I am not too late to get in with you folks.

2010 Schedule- 1 Sprint, 1 Oly, 1 HIM, 2-10k's, 2 half mary's and 1 full marathon.  Might add in a century bike as well.

Thanks

Steve

Edited by Reno8 2009-12-14 11:34 AM

2009-12-14 11:33 AM

User image

Pro
tahrens - 2009-12-14 9:20 AM Guess I better hurry up before Steve  uses this as an excuse to drop me....

I am a recovering college cheerleader who was desperate to find a grownup sport.  After a black eye and getting run through twice I soon realized softball was not for me and followed a neighbor out for a bike ride one day..........
This summer will be my 4th year of racing.  I've advanced from 5K's and super sprints to completing a half and relaying in a full this past year.  Off to register for Ironman Canada in 2010 so  I can race in 2011!!!!  Wooo hoooo!  I would describe myself as a bike rider who can swim okay and runs because it is the last event of a tri. Currently I am recovering from a running injury so that just adds to my love of running (insert sarcastic font).  

I have a husband who races as well and 2 daughters, 9 and 6.  The 9 year old just got her first road bike, has participated in one kids tri and she and I will be racing her first grown-up sprint together this summer!  I am so excited for her! 

This group is a fantastic place to find unconditional support, share wonderful and heartbreaking experiences, wallow self pitty moments,  be cheered out of them and hear lots of advise (some of it is actually good. Wink)  Every year there are all kinds of people, first timers, people trying to go long, people loosing weight, high tech racers, weekend warriors, frequent posters, those that post once a month, and we love 'em all at SWBKRUN!!!

DANGIT!! Welcome Tracy !
2009-12-14 11:39 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Colorado Springs
If there's room, I would love to be a part of this group.  I'm reentering the Tri scene and can use all the advise/mentorship you can offer.

Bio after work today!

God Bless our Troops

Edited by AF_SGT 2009-12-14 11:40 AM
2009-12-14 11:48 AM
in reply to: #2556792

User image

Expert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia
dalessit - 2009-12-13 7:35 PM

I'm in for another year of course. (LOL copied my intro from last time)

Name: Tony

Family Status:  Married for 15 years have 2 kids 6 and 3.   My wife is in the group also sdalessio

Current Training:
3rd full year of training, doing my first HIM in April at Lonestar.

2009 Races: Started the year off with Shamrock 1/2 Marathon, did Mooseman Olympic, a bunch of sprints, running races, TT and Marine Corps Marathon.

2010 Races/Goals: So far signed up for Lonestar HIM & Columbia Oly, + Planning on doing Blackfly Tri, and a other sprints/olys, running races, TT's, hopefully get in some bike road races and doing the Disney Marathon in Early Jan 2011

Weightloss:
Working on trying to get a few pounds off but weight loss isn't a real goal.

This is my 4th time in Steve's group, we have a great time in here, a bunch of good people.

Some people may call that stalking!!!!!!!!!
2009-12-14 11:48 AM
in reply to: #2556771

User image

Expert
BigReub - 2009-12-13 7:07 PM
sdalessio - 2009-12-13 9:46 AM Samantha, Married 15 yrs.,

3 kids - 6 yr. old boy and 3 yr. girl, and 36 yr old male (appr) work almost full-time (4 days a week)

I fixed your kid count, Sam.

thanks!  ;-)
2009-12-14 11:53 AM
in reply to: #2557285

User image

Master
Guelph, Ontario

ashort33 - 2009-12-14 10:04 AM

Redknight - 2009-12-14 7:16 AM

[

Dang that must be an old model of airplane  

Yeah I think the owners name was orville or wilbur. something like that.

2009-12-14 11:56 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh, NC
OOO I wanna join in the fun!  Have to run back to work but bio to come!!!
So excited!
2009-12-14 11:59 AM

User image

Master
Guelph, Ontario

tahrens - 2009-12-14 12:20 PM Guess I better hurry up before Steve  uses this as an excuse to drop me....

This group is a fantastic place to find unconditional support, share wonderful and heartbreaking experiences, wallow self pitty moments,  be cheered out of them and hear lots of advise (some of it is actually good. Wink )  Every year there are all kinds of people, first timers, people trying to go long, people loosing weight, high tech racers, weekend warriors, frequent posters, those that post once a month, and we love 'em all at SWBKRUN!!!

SUGAR!!!!   good to see you  made it 

2009-12-14 11:59 AM

User image

Pro
Alright.... We have almost 30 members of this GROUP!!! AWESOME.... This may sound like a lot, but it is not!  There are about 15+ people that have come from previous SWBKRUN MG (mentor groups) that have a VAST knowledge of the sport!  We have speedy sprinters, to Boston Marathon's (a couple BQ's this year).... A few full Ironman's, several 1/2's, etc....  We also have a couple BIKE GURU's some comedians, some who think they are funny, and some Canadian's!

More to come!
2009-12-14 12:02 PM
in reply to: #2557607

User image

Expert
Tobey91 - 2009-12-14 11:15 AM

SWBKRUN: 

I am hoping to join, but I do not know if your group is already too full - with several pages of folks who have already joined.

I am not sure what you are looking for in a BIO.  I am married with 3 kids (5,4,2).  I grew up outside of Boston, but now live in DC.  To be honest, I have fluctuated from not-fit to fit and back several times over my lifetime.  In high school, I was overweight and only exercised to a limited extent.  Before I went to college, I decided to lose a bunch of weight.  I did so, joined the rowing team and raced competitively and had a great time.  After college, I became more sedentary and gained weight again.  Then I got in shape for a while.  Then I stopped and gained weight again.  I turned 40 a year ago and decided that I did not want to be old and fat.  I could not help the old part, but I could help the fat part.  So I started getting back in shape (p90X), and then did 3 triathlons, including the Nation's Tri in DC and a sub-2 hour Richmond half marathon.  Having a great time with it, and so far have lost 25 lbs.

Hi Tobey91

We could be neighbors.  Tony (dalessit) and I live in Arlington b/t Lee Hwy and Chain Bridge.  Are you in DC or a surrounding area?
2009-12-14 12:05 PM
in reply to: #2557585

User image

Expert
Missouri

I'd like to re-up if you guys will have me backSmile.

NAME: Janet

BACKGROUND: I've been a runner for a little over 3 years.  Last year I decided to start doing tri's.  I did 2 sprints and enjoyed them even though I'm a BOP-er (my bike skills need some serious work and my swimming is only so-so).  I'd like to work my way up to Olympic distance this year.  No real desire right now to do a HIM or IM but I never say never!

FAMILY STATUS: 45 yo wife and mother.  Married for 19yrs, one boy - 19yo (off at his first year at college) and one girl - 15yo.

CURRENT TRAINING: Trying to train for a half marathon in March but having some injury issues.  I may have to change halfs and do one in April instead.  As for biking/swimming - not much at the moment, just trying to keep my base for right now.

2009 RACES: 2 sprints, a half marathon and assorted 5k's and 10k's. 

2010 RACES: Hopefully a spring half marathon, then a couple of sprints (possibly May and July) and my goal for the year is an Oly in Aug/Sept.

2009-12-14 12:06 PM

New user
Long Beach--So Cal!!!
Hi all--

I had admired this group from afar with its many supportive and consistent posters--and would love in if there is room.

Name: krista

Family Status:  34 years old, been with my spouse for 10 years

Current Training: Fairly consistent middle/long distance running and master's swim practice 3x per week. Having a tough time making myself hop on the bike...

2009 Races: First marathon in 4.13. Kept hitting half mary's in the 1.57-2.02 range. Did a reverse sprint tri and managed not to drown and rode on a mountain bike with a flat rear tire. (Wished I could have just ran the whole thing...)

2010 Races/Goals: Being really inspired by my guy friends--I am in for my first IM--in Arizona and am so excited!!! Also am signed up for the Vineman full and will be happy to aquabike it. Will run at least 1 or 2 other full local marathons. Goals are to get my @$$ in the bike saddle consistently and improve my swim stroke so I won't have to dazzle my team with my smile and cute suit at 5.30AM...

2009-12-14 12:07 PM
in reply to: #2557778

User image

Champion
marietta
swbkrun - 2009-12-14 11:59 AM Alright.... We have almost 30 members of this GROUP!!! AWESOME.... This may sound like a lot, but it is not!  There are about 15+ people that have come from previous SWBKRUN MG (mentor groups) that have a VAST knowledge of the sport!  We have speedy sprinters, to Boston Marathon's (a couple BQ's this year).... A few full Ironman's, several 1/2's, etc....  We also have a couple BIKE GURU's some comedians, some who think they are funny, and some Canadian's!

More to come!

there's no comma between BIKE GURU's and some comedians.  what are you trying to say?

and who are those that "think" they are funny.  that ain't cool.

2009-12-14 12:10 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

I realized that I neglected to include my goals/races for 2010:  Florida HIM; Philly Sprint and Oly; Nation's Tri; Florida IM.

sdalessio:  I live in Chevy Chase, MD.  (Town of Chevy Chase - near the center of Bethedsa.)  I assume that you must be one of those guys who blows by me on a beautiful tri bike (really more of a blur) on MacArthur Blvd along the Potomac.  Maybe a training ride or run when the weather gets nicer would be in order.

2009-12-14 12:10 PM
in reply to: #2557803

User image

Pro
fattyfatfat - 2009-12-14 10:07 AM
swbkrun - 2009-12-14 11:59 AM Alright.... We have almost 30 members of this GROUP!!! AWESOME.... This may sound like a lot, but it is not!  There are about 15+ people that have come from previous SWBKRUN MG (mentor groups) that have a VAST knowledge of the sport!  We have speedy sprinters, to Boston Marathon's (a couple BQ's this year).... A few full Ironman's, several 1/2's, etc....  We also have a couple BIKE GURU's some comedians, some who think they are funny, and some Canadian's!

More to come!

there's no comma between BIKE GURU's and some comedians.  what are you trying to say?

and who are those that "think" they are funny.  that ain't cool.

Read it how you would like.... But notice that "think they are funny" followed u w/ Canadian's in the group?!Wink
2009-12-14 12:17 PM

User image

Master
Apex, north carolina
IMHusker - Trey,     YOU LIVE IN OLATHE!!!!!!   Whoooo hoooooo!   I am a KU grad and still call Kansas home.  I certainly hope the Husker in your name isn't referring to Nebraska?!?!?!?  Finally someone who knows what a hoopty is, thinks a 2 hour drive to the next town is not unusual,  puts their groceries in a sac, drinks pop, can appreciate a seriously beautiful Kansas sky and leaves their car running when they run into the gas station.  Well, maybe not that last one, you do live in Olathe. 

Terps421 - Linda - my hubby is a Terps grad.  This is getting to be a small Mentor Group world.

jrj0924  - -  that would be my girl Jennifer from the dirty JLOWS!!  Does this mean we get Scottie as well?  The North Carolina women are in contention to challenge the Canadian and Texas men.  Linda........where are you??????  

Is this group officially becoming a couples forum?  Do I need to recruit my hubby Doug?  

Oh and did I hear someone has a pink bike??   In a little while Tony, dalessit - will have us all post pictures of our bikes and you'll see why I love the idea of a pink bike.   You have not experienced life until you have "GIRLED" some cocky guy going up up hill riding a pink bike!!! 

Edited by tahrens 2009-12-14 12:23 PM

2009-12-14 12:20 PM
in reply to: #2557817

User image

Master
Apex, north carolina
Tobey91 - 2009-12-14 1:10 PM

I realized that I neglected to include my goals/races for 2010:  Florida HIM; Philly Sprint and Oly; Nation's Tri; Florida IM.

sdalessio:  I live in Chevy Chase, MD.  (Town of Chevy Chase - near the center of Bethedsa.)  I assume that you must be one of those guys who blows by me on a beautiful tri bike (really more of a blur) on MacArthur Blvd along the Potomac.  Maybe a training ride or run when the weather gets nicer would be in order.

Maybe she would if someone would get her a PINK PLANET X????   Wink

I like your avatar photo.  At first I thought it was from the Army 10 Miler.  I've run that 2x and the course goes down the road from your photo. 
2009-12-14 12:22 PM
in reply to: #2557852

User image

Champion
marietta
tahrens - 2009-12-14 12:17  Do I need to recruit my hubby Doug?  

Don't you threaten me.
2009-12-14 12:24 PM
in reply to: #2557817

User image

Expert
Tobey91 - 2009-12-14 12:10 PM

Ha Ha - I'm sure FattyFatFat (another SWBKRUN groupss) is laughing about that one.  Maybe my husband could qualify as blowing by someone on a beautiful tri bike.  He has a very pretty bike, blue color (thanks to me).  Myself - well I'm working on getting to blow by status.  We hired a local coach this month and that's one of his tasks!

I hope we meet up sometime in the area.  We are doing Columbia in May.  Haven't figured out the fall.  Neither one of us will get into the Potomac for the Nations tri!
2009-12-14 12:26 PM
in reply to: #2557879

User image

Master
Apex, north carolina
fattyfatfat - 2009-12-14 1:22 PM
tahrens - 2009-12-14 12:17  Do I need to recruit my hubby Doug?  

Don't you threaten me.

What,  no Quadzilla??

Holly crap, a HUGE spider just crawled accross my fingers on my keyboard!!!  Excuse me while I go change my pants as I just pee'd myself.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 230