BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 CLOSED Thread 2 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 49

2014-05-09 12:26 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Veteran
Dayton
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 CLOSED Thread 2

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by bcraht

Originally posted by Asalzwed

I like it alot  

I think my fav has to be the year kenny loggins ruined christmas http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/12/year-kenny-loggins-ruined-christmas.html

Heh.  That was awesome.

This is one of my favorites.  http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/11/dogs-dont-understand-basic-concepts.html

The first time I read it, I laughed until my stomach hurt. 

That was seriously funny.

2014-05-09 12:26 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

May 10-14
Chris - Manta Pride Ride on Saturday
Matt - Mass season opener sprint on Sunday
TJ - Jay Benson Triathlon on Sunday
Tom - Coffman YMCA Sprint Tri on Sunday
Tom - ORRRC Vandalia 5k  on Wednesday

As an aside, we now have a Manatee group in Strava.  We tried to invite all of the Manatees that are on Strava.  If you were missed, please let Chris or me know and one of us will invite you.
http://www.strava.com/clubs/manatees

GO RACERS!!!

Janyne, I've seen your Strava invite and I don't mean to ignore you, I just really don't like Strava. Granted, it's been a while since I have used it but my workouts continuously failed to upload. And it was a stretch for the non-tech lover in me to even bother to track the workout. For it not to work was a totaly PITA. So, that's where I am at on that. 

No worries!  This is a BT group, after all.  I just made the group for my own convenience, to be honest, and I wouldn't bother with Strava if it required a lot of intervention on my part.  I've been using one of those automagic syncing services to get my cr*p over there (https://tapiriik.com/)

2014-05-09 12:29 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
Dayton

As an aside, we now have a Manatee group in Strava.  We tried to invite all of the Manatees that are on Strava.  If you were missed, please let Chris or me know and one of us will invite you.

I'm on Strava, but I don't really ever use it.  I use the MapMy---- app all the time though, and do friend requests through that.  Another tri group I'm apart of uses that pretty consistently, so all in all it's a good idea.

2014-05-09 12:31 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Seattle

Racing Manatees!

May 10-14

I don't mean to jinx it, but there is no DL?  Way to go everyone!

Great Kirsten, I'll blame you when I go on the DL in a week

Edited by Asalzwed 2014-05-09 12:31 PM
2014-05-09 12:32 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by rrrunner

You and I will have to meet up on one of my (many) trips to Denver. (I'll def be at the new BRC Memorial weekend).

That would be great.  I live ~5 miles from that store.  PM me and let's set up a time to meet.

I think hyperboleandahalf has been on hiatus while she worked on the book.  Hopefully she'll be back soon.

YAY RACING AND HEALTHY MANATEES!! 

Hope you all get good weather this weekend.  Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there.

(We have a winter storm warning for Sunday with 4-9" of snow predicted.  This must be Mother Nature's way of sharing the love since we had a pretty mild winter in comparison to a lot of areas.  Thanks, Mom N.; I could do without!)

Edited by laffinrock 2014-05-09 12:49 PM
2014-05-09 12:39 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by melbo55

Is your race the one in Rehoboth?

Nope, it's in Laurel, DE, at Trapp Pond State Park, about an hour away from there.  I thought it sounded more fun than the one in Rehoboth.

Just stalked looked at the race and it does look like Trap Pond one will be prettier and more fun.  The bad part is it's further away from me!  I was considering trekking to DE for the day to race with you and meet up but lower DE is probably close to 3 hours for me.  I was hoping it was in northern DE, not as long as a drive!

Yeah, I thought of meeting up too.  Bummer!  I don't get out that way too often either (last time was like 2006 or something?).  I'll be in Dover M-Th and flying out of Philly on Thurs.  Probably not worth it for you to make the trip down to Dover for dinner or something, huh?  I don't know the flight schedule (DH made the arrangements); I suppose we could meet at the Philly airport.  PM me if you want to discuss further.  It'd be fun to meet a fellow Manatee!

You and I will have to meet up on one of my (many) trips to Denver. (I'll def be at the new BRC Memorial weekend).

That would be great.  I live ~5 miles from that store.  PM me and let's set up a time to meet.

If I'd been thinking I would have set my packet pick-up for that store, then I'd have a built in excuse to go. As we get closer I'll def be in contact. So far I've met 2 Manatees in person. It's pretty awesome to meet the people behind the words/pictures.

2014-05-09 12:39 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Racing Manatees!

May 10-14

GO RACERS!!!

Janyne, I've seen your Strava invite and I don't mean to ignore you, I just really don't like Strava. Granted, it's been a while since I have used it but my workouts continuously failed to upload. And it was a stretch for the non-tech lover in me to even bother to track the workout. For it not to work was a totaly PITA. So, that's where I am at on that. 

No worries!  This is a BT group, after all.  I just made the group for my own convenience, to be honest, and I wouldn't bother with Strava if it required a lot of intervention on my part.  I've been using one of those automagic syncing services to get my cr*p over there (https://tapiriik.com/)

I requested to join the group!

I use Strava for my bike rides only (not running).

If you don't use it, how do you know when you're Queen of the Mountain? ;p

OH YEAH

GO MANNNNAAAATTTTTEEEESSSSS!!!

Edited by mtnbikerchk 2014-05-09 12:40 PM
2014-05-09 12:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Racing Manatees!

May 10-14

Is this the first time ever that no one's been on the disabled list? I don't remember it happening  before. I do know I was on that list a good amount of the time!

2014-05-09 12:45 PM

User image

Master

Racing Manatees!

May 10-14

2014-05-09 12:46 PM
in reply to: bcraht

Master
Northern IL

Racing Manatees!

May 10-14

Not Kenny Loggins?

2014-05-09 12:48 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master

Nope, it's in Laurel, DE, at Trapp Pond State Park, about an hour away from there.  I thought it sounded more fun than the one in Rehoboth.

Just stalked looked at the race and it does look like Trap Pond one will be prettier and more fun.  The bad part is it's further away from me!  I was considering trekking to DE for the day to race with you and meet up but lower DE is probably close to 3 hours for me.  I was hoping it was in northern DE, not as long as a drive!

Yeah, I thought of meeting up too.  Bummer!  I don't get out that way too often either (last time was like 2006 or something?).  I'll be in Dover M-Th and flying out of Philly on Thurs.  Probably not worth it for you to make the trip down to Dover for dinner or something, huh?  I don't know the flight schedule (DH made the arrangements); I suppose we could meet at the Philly airport.  PM me if you want to discuss further.  It'd be fun to meet a fellow Manatee!

If I'd been thinking I would have set my packet pick-up for that store, then I'd have a built in excuse to go. As we get closer I'll def be in contact. So far I've met 2 Manatees in person. It's pretty awesome to meet the people behind the words/pictures.

/lunacy/craziness...

2014-05-09 12:55 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Racing Manatees!

May 10-14

GO RACERS!!!

I requested to join the group! I use Strava for my bike rides only (not running). If you don't use it, how do you know when you're Queen of the Mountain? ;p OH YEAH GO MANNNNAAAATTTTTEEEESSSSS!!!

I switched my running to Strava a few months ago when they made the split feature better.

2014-05-09 12:57 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

/lunacy/craziness...

happiness

2014-05-09 1:01 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by brigby1

Racing Manatees!

May 10-14

Not Kenny Loggins?

He DOES ruin everything

2014-05-09 1:04 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ponderingfox

Racing Manatees!

May 10-14

Is this the first time ever that no one's been on the disabled list? I don't remember it happening  before. I do know I was on that list a good amount of the time!

It's been a while, that's for sure!

2014-05-09 1:34 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!

May 10-14

GOOOOOO MANATEES!!! 

2014-05-09 1:41 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I'm on Strava, but I don't really ever use it.  I use the MapMy---- app all the time though, and do friend requests through that.  Another tri group I'm apart of uses that pretty consistently, so all in all it's a good idea.

I think Strava, really all of the fitness sites, are a niche kind of thing. If you have one that you use, for whatever reason, then keep on using it. My LBS that I ride with on Saturdays has a number of guys on there. And I've found a lot of cyclists from BT use it, so it ended up being the one I use. I have found that it gives me ideas on what I can do to improve, pushes me with segments and such. And I recently tied it to my instagram account, so pics show up from my rides sometimes.

2014-05-09 1:49 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by cdban66

I think Strava, really all of the fitness sites, are a niche kind of thing. If you have one that you use, for whatever reason, then keep on using it. My LBS that I ride with on Saturdays has a number of guys on there. And I've found a lot of cyclists from BT use it, so it ended up being the one I use. I have found that it gives me ideas on what I can do to improve, pushes me with segments and such. And I recently tied it to my instagram account, so pics show up from my rides sometimes.

Cool when that happens

2014-05-09 2:43 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Cool when that happens

Because everyone wants to see pics of my fixed gear bike leaning against a bridge railing. 

2014-05-09 2:47 PM

User image

Master

Cool when that happens

He just likes to tease us with water pics.

2014-05-09 2:54 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master

Racing Manatees!

May 10-14

GOOOOOO MANATEES!!! 

Yay, Racers! Go get 'em!

Looks like Tom is coming off DL in a blaze of glory

Speaking of DL...none? Woohoo!

2014-05-09 3:29 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Racing Manatees!

May 10-14

GOOOOOO MANATEES!!! 

Yay, Racers! Go get 'em!

Looks like Tom is coming off DL in a blaze of glory

Speaking of DL...none? Woohoo!

X whatever we're up to on the "yay" racing manatees and ""yay" no DL this week!!!!!!!!!
2014-05-09 3:30 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Orlando

I hate to admit this, but I'm not really sure what Instagram is! I think I need a kid to explain it to me
2014-05-09 3:38 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master

Originally posted by amd723

I hate to admit this, but I'm not really sure what Instagram is! I think I need a kid to explain it to me

Another form of social media. People post lots of selfies and food pics.

2014-05-09 3:46 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Originally posted by amd723

Another form of social media. People post lots of selfies and food pics.

Well, actually it's a powerful marketing tool and a really cool way to connect with people. A picture speaks 1000 words.

Sure, like a lot of that stuff it can become just selfies and food but it can also be incredibly inspiring, beautiful and exciting if you know the right people to follow.

I know a lot of people who actually met friends via instagram. 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 CLOSED Thread 2 Rss Feed  

of 49

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 64691 Posts: 2563

2014-04-03 7:43 AM IndoIronYanti

New Year 2014 Mentor Program is OPEN! Instructions Inside

Started by Ron
Views: 2977 Posts: 20

2014-03-26 2:43 PM simoneocean

Scott and Kelly's Mentor Group- Closed Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29

Started by uhcoog
Views: 28170 Posts: 719

2014-05-18 9:18 PM kathleenkp

2014 Rookies - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16

Started by Jason N
Views: 16394 Posts: 376

2014-04-28 2:54 PM Danmartinids

Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73

Started by marcag
Views: 100372 Posts: 1816

2014-06-10 2:42 PM cdkayak
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.