BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 440

2013-10-04 10:37 AM
in reply to: TriAya

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes)

Racing Manatees!

October 5-6
Darren - Where Ravens Dare 26.6 mile run on Saturday
Felicia - Coronado Heights 15k Run on Saturday
Melanie - Half Full Rev Olympic 40 on Sunday
Kate - Urban Cow Half Marathon on Sunday
Stacey - City of Armadale Duathlon - Short Course  on Sunday

Disabled list:
Yanti - our DL headliner!
Jen - stress fracture
Kirsten - shoulder
Jo - broken wrist
Ann-Marie - hammy :-(
Erin - under the weather

Jen's interview is October 11 (tentative)

Gratitude challenge!!!!
Here's the challenge:  Find ONE thing every day that you are thankful for.  Post it in your log. That is it!

2013-10-04 10:43 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

October 5-6

Disabled list:
Jen - stress fracture
Kirsten - shoulder
Jo - broken wrist
Erin - under the weather

Gratitude challenge!!!!
Here's the challenge:  Find ONE thing every day that you are thankful for.  Post it in your log. That is it!

Lots of racing manatees! GO GET EM!!!!!!!Ugh, I'm back on the disabled list
2013-10-04 10:45 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

TJ, I set mine up at 2750, with a +/- of 275. That way, I can see that I am on target most days and if I go over that, it shows up in the red. I don't recall seeing the Pink color on there. There is the break down graph as well, proteins, carbs and fats, but I see no pink color on it either. Did you find the "Activity Level" field?  I found I really had to play with it to get familiar with it and feel it is useful. And I only track when I "Need" to, which is now, for example.

2013-10-04 10:45 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by switch

Great, great goals MBC!  When I saw the Vermont race listed, I realized I had no idea where you lived, so I stalked.  Simsbury?  I used to live in Kent!  I love your neck of the woods, and there are few things that can compare to NE in the fall.  Gorgeous!

I got a  kick out of your mom making you write down three positive things. Lol!  "You will be happy, damn it!"

FWIW, you don't strike me as cranky in the least bit. Ever.

AH Kent - the home of the COVERED BRIDGE! (that's really all I know about it). Lots of hills out there!! Fall is my favorite time of year. In fact I think I'll make that today's gratitude................

If I don't seem cranky then my plan to make my online persona a happy camper has worked and fooled you all!! **evillaugh**

Edited by mtnbikerchk 2013-10-04 10:46 AM
2013-10-04 10:46 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Racing Manatees!

October 5-6

Disabled list:
Jen - stress fracture
Kirsten - shoulder
Jo - broken wrist
Erin - under the weather

Gratitude challenge!!!!

YAY!!! GO TEAM!!
2013-10-04 10:48 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Racing Manatees!

October 5-6

Disabled list:
Jen - stress fracture
Kirsten - shoulder
Jo - broken wrist
Erin - under the weather

Gratitude challenge!!!!

Gooo Racers!!!!

Heal those on the DL!

As much as I like the racers and dislike the DL list, I have come to the realization that the little note is my favorite part of this list. Jen, my thoughts are with you, best of luck to you!

2013-10-04 11:03 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted by cdban66

TJ, I set mine up at 2750, with a +/- of 275. That way, I can see that I am on target most days and if I go over that, it shows up in the red. I don't recall seeing the Pink color on there. There is the break down graph as well, proteins, carbs and fats, but I see no pink color on it either. Did you find the "Activity Level" field?  I found I really had to play with it to get familiar with it and feel it is useful. And I only track when I "Need" to, which is now, for example.

Am I the only one who ends up posting a blank message about 1/2 the time when I hit enter to start a new line?

Anyway... maybe I should use a more specific nutrition program to get the detail I "need" right now

Edited by rrrunner 2013-10-04 12:07 PM
2013-10-04 11:08 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Melon Presser
Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by StaceyK HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE Gerrie wants to send you kisses... Now to catch up with the pod.

Normally I love doggie kisses but if that is frothy drool, I think I'll pass on the kiss from her?  him?  but will gladly give one on top of his/her head!

Gerrie kisses are the BEST and I shall come and get some in person soon!

Not great news: I missed my plane to Perth, so won't be able to come cheer you as you do the du we may get there in time to cheer you in, but I come in at 2:00am!

2013-10-04 11:10 AM

User image

Seattle

GO Manatees!

GO Darren 
GO Felicia
GO Melanie
GO Kate 
GO Stacey

and for the love of beer, either more of us need to race or some of you guys need to fix yourself because it's totally unacceptable to have the DL be longer than the racing list!

2013-10-04 11:29 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Veteran
East Texas
Lots of racers this weekend. Go Manatees!
2013-10-04 11:53 AM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Originally posted by Asalzwed

GO Manatees!

GO Darren 
GO Felicia
GO Melanie
GO Kate 
GO Stacey

and for the love of beer, either more of us need to race or some of you guys need to fix yourself because it's totally unacceptable to have the DL be longer than the racing list!

Oh Salty, you are amusing. True though!!

2013-10-04 12:05 PM

User image

Master

GO Manatees!

GO Darren 
GO Felicia
GO Melanie
GO Kate 
GO Stacey

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE!Go get 'em, you feisty five
2013-10-04 12:14 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Racing Manatees!

October 5-6

Disabled list:
Jen - stress fracture
Kirsten - shoulder
Jo - broken wrist
Erin - under the weather

Gratitude challenge!!!!

Looks like some fun races...

Darren,  26.6? Really? 26.2 isn't enough?

Felicia, have fun!

Melanie, it's finally here! Go get 'em!!!! Kick cancer's butt every step (stroke, pedal) of the way.

Kate, not sure what Cow's have to do with but enjoy your HM!

Stacey, do the DU!!!!!!

Heal up you sick-o's!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm feeling like MBC as a child with the Gratitude Challenge. I'm love/hating being forced to be grateful for something these days.

2013-10-04 12:19 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted by 4agoodlife

GO Manatees!

GO Darren 
GO Felicia
GO Melanie
GO Kate 
GO Stacey

I'll drink to that Laughing

2013-10-04 12:23 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Originally posted by rrrunner

Am I the only one who ends up posting a blank message about 1/2 the time when I hit enter to start a new line?

Anyway... maybe I should use a more specific nutrition program to get the detail I "need" right now

Only you can answer that. What are you after from a logging and reporting standpoint? My use of these sort of things is limited to BCBS and BT. BCBS sux, big time, BTW.

2013-10-04 12:29 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

GO Manatees!

GO Darren 
GO Felicia
GO Melanie
GO Kate 
GO Stacey

I'll drink to that Laughing

Me too!!!   But make mine a whiskey. 

2013-10-04 12:49 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Only you can answer that. What are you after from a logging and reporting standpoint? My use of these sort of things is limited to BCBS and BT. BCBS sux, big time, BTW.

I used Livestrong a few years ago when I was trying to lose a BUNCH of weight. Worked pretty well. I'm looking at it in the App Store and there is a cloud where the price would normally be. What the heck is that about?

ETA: DS2 says that means I bought it already. Hmph, who knew

Edited by rrrunner 2013-10-04 12:53 PM
2013-10-04 1:02 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Pennsylvania

GO Manatees!

GO Darren 
GO Felicia
GO Melanie
GO Kate 
GO Stacey

The Feisty Five, I like that!  And nurturing hugs and well-wishes to the DL with the agreement that the DL needs to shrink!

GO Darren
GO Felicia
GO Me
GO Kate
GO Stacey

2013-10-04 1:06 PM

User image

Pennsylvania
I am getting very pumped for my race.  Masters has me in a good swimming place mentally, and I biked to Gretna then rode the GTN
course Sunday (read:hilly similar to Half Full race course) which has me in a good mental biking place and I’m OK with the run, too.  The weather has me excited (hey, it won't be 40 degrees and raining) and getting to have other friends around racing and spectating is getting me amped up, too.  My crazy friend Mo has a possibly partially torn ligament in her shoulder (not labral tear as they first thought) and is determined to race.  Personally I really don’t see the sense in risking further damage and pain, but whatever, it’s her arm! 
2013-10-04 1:24 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by melbo55 I am getting very pumped for my race.  Masters has me in a good swimming place mentally, and I biked to Gretna then rode the GTN
course Sunday (read:hilly similar to Half Full race course) which has me in a good mental biking place and I’m OK with the run, too.  The weather has me excited (hey, it won't be 40 degrees and raining) and getting to have other friends around racing and spectating is getting me amped up, too.  My crazy friend Mo has a possibly partially torn ligament in her shoulder (not labral tear as they first thought) and is determined to race.  Personally I really don’t see the sense in risking further damage and pain, but whatever, it’s her arm! 

You GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013-10-04 1:37 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by melbo55 I am getting very pumped for my race.  Masters has me in a good swimming place mentally, and I biked to Gretna then rode the GTN

I'm happy that you're so excited for this race, but what exactly is a half full?

2013-10-04 2:57 PM

User image

Pennsylvania
Originally posted by amd723

I'm happy that you're so excited for this race, but what exactly is a half full?

Half Full is the name of the race - Rev3 Half Full.  Rev3 donates their people, equipment and services (totally free) to help put on the race to raise money for Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults.  Half Full refers to 'glass half full' or optimism [of beating cancer].  The 70 miles of the half distance race, also taking place the same day/time, represents the 70,000 young adults diagnosed with cancer each year.  The race features survivors racing as well as cheering racers on as they start and finish the race.  Very powerful, moving, inspiring race.

I'm racing as part of Team Fight which raises money for the UCF via fundraising and we race with their kits, etc.

Edited by melbo55 2013-10-04 2:57 PM
2013-10-04 2:57 PM
in reply to: switch

Master
Northern IL
Originally posted by switch

I'm kind of in the same boat as Ben. I want to get faster.  I went out on a limb in COJ a few weeks ago and laid out some pretty specific goals, but in thinking about goal setting more, I'm not sure that's how I should be framing things in my mind.  What I said it COJ is that I would like to qualify for Worlds in both the Oly and 70.3 distances (I have specific goal times for these in my head, though others have cautioned me against this.  I can't help it.) and qualify for Boston. 

Any one of those things would be a significant "reach" for me, but all three would be a coup. I am turning 40 next year, mid life crisis, party of one...

In thinking about these goals more, I am thinking I should reframe them a bit, as I could have good tri races for me, but still not qualify, depending on who shows up.  It would be silly to be bent out of shape about that.  So, I'm going to try to get faster, and hopefully that will result in me placing well in my races--aging up won't hurt either

To do this I need to do a few things:

• Be consistent in all three sports.
  • Be very careful about doing non SBR things that build lean body mass.
  • Be careful with my diet and see where my body weight gravitates while properly fueling for training but not over indulging.  I "think" I would be faster if I could lose 10lbs, but I have never been that light in my adult life and I don't know if that's realistic.  I probably need to do better meal and snack planning to support this goal.
  • I need to be better about my sleep.  I need to make this a priority for recovery, sickness prevention, and stress reduction.
  • I need to remember to have a purpose for each training session.  Salty, this was such a gift you gave me.  Thank you. xo.
  • Try to do these things while minimizing the impact on my family.

Something I meant to ask earlier since you seem to really be into various "World's" events, are you looking at things outside of those two? There is Nats for Long Course (70.3, really) which then goes ITU Worlds Long Course, not to be confused with WTC's World Championship. Plus others like a few duathlon distances. Sprint, Standard, Long. Long seems a bit odd as it's often similar to an oly here (10k/40k/5k), but World's is like 10k/150k/30k.

2013-10-04 3:06 PM

User image

Seattle
Originally posted by melbo55
Originally posted by amd723

Half Full is the name of the race - Rev3 Half Full.  Rev3 donates their people, equipment and services (totally free) to help put on the race to raise money for Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults.  Half Full refers to 'glass half full' or optimism [of beating cancer].  The 70 miles of the half distance race, also taking place the same day/time, represents the 70,000 young adults diagnosed with cancer each year.  The race features survivors racing as well as cheering racers on as they start and finish the race.  Very powerful, moving, inspiring race.

I'm racing as part of Team Fight which raises money for the UCF via fundraising and we race with their kits, etc.

I am so excited for you, Melanie.

It sounds like a great event and you have been making some major steps forward! And it just makes me happy to see you are excited for the event.

2013-10-04 3:24 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

I used Livestrong a few years ago when I was trying to lose a BUNCH of weight. Worked pretty well. I'm looking at it in the App Store and there is a cloud where the price would normally be. What the heck is that about?

ETA: DS2 says that means I bought it already. Hmph, who knew

All this talk of logging food is making me feel compelled to confess:

I just ate close to 1300 calories at lunch, 470 of which were an ice cream sandwich between two chocolate chip cookies.

Sad part?  I'm still kinda hungry ;P

Swimming make me want to eat my arm.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  

of 440