BT Development Mentor Program Archives » swbkrun Mentor Group II- CLOSED FOR BUSINESS!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 81

2010-11-11 8:51 AM
in reply to: #3205810

User image

Master
Apex, north carolina
Subject: RE: swbkrun Mentor Group II- CLOSED FOR BUSINESS!!!
dalessit - 2010-11-10 9:00 PM Sorry, I always drop off the face of the earth on the forums when I travel.

Anyone racing this weekend?

Sam and I are doing the OBX half, I know Ronni is also doing the race and we're going to try to meet up with her there.

Good luck you two.  It should be fantastic weather on the coast.   I'll be a little farther south from you this weekend. Going down to cheer on a friend doing the Beach 2 Battleship full.  SOOOOOO glad it's not me this time!!!

2010-11-11 9:42 AM
in reply to: #3206295

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
tahrens - 2010-11-11 6:51 AM
dalessit - 2010-11-10 9:00 PM Sorry, I always drop off the face of the earth on the forums when I travel.

Sam and I are doing the OBX half, I know Ronni is also doing the race and we're going to try to meet up with her there.

Good luck you two  Three (Roni as well.... She is still one of us!)  It should be fantastic weather on the coast.   I'll be a little farther south from you this weekend. Going down to cheer on a friend doing the Beach 2 Battleship full.  SOOOOOO glad it's not me this time!!!

Edited by swbkrun 2010-11-11 9:43 AM
2010-11-11 10:09 AM
in reply to: #3138641

User image

Happy Veteran's Day mg.
And a special THANK YOU to those that have served..and those that continue to serve!

We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude
2010-11-11 10:12 AM

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California
Good Luck to all the runners - LINDA!   Another marathon?  You are my idol.

My youngest is the first alternate (as a freshman!) for cross country CCS this weekend....about 110 high schools in Northern California.   I may need to find a bat a pull a Tanya Harding.  Innocent

So I'll be WATCHING running.  How do I log that?

Tomorrow I go for my bike fit on the adjustable bike to learn about my geometry, and which bikes will work best for me.  I'm so excited!

Tuesday was the first anniversary of my Mother's death, and it was much tougher than I thought it would be.  Amazing how much our emotional status affects our physical status.

Happy Veteran's Day to all.....especially my Dad, my FIL and my nephew currently in the Army.
2010-11-11 12:01 PM
in reply to: #3206480

User image

Havin'Fun - 2010-11-11 11:09 AM Happy Veteran's Day mg.
And a special THANK YOU to those that have served..and those that continue to serve!

Well said, Linda. Thank you to our service members and their families.
2010-11-11 12:15 PM
in reply to: #3206484

User image

Good luck to all the runners this weekend!

Linda, I hope your son gets to run. I'm sorry you had a rough week - those anniversaries are tough.

My daughter (7) has her first swim meet this weekend! She's swimming 25 free, 25 back, and 25 fly. Guaranteed to be cute! Inspired by Linda, I'm working on getting certified as an official, so hopefully this will be the only meet I watch from the spectator section!

2010-11-11 12:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Barry glad you're ok.  it must have scared the crap out of you..  when it happened to me it took me awhile to have confidence in drivers to NOT run me over..

Good luck racers.

A big whine on my part..  We are almost done with the 2nd week of our repair work in the apt..  Now is the messy part...  sanding..  Nothing like living through all this and making sure your stuff doesn't get completely covered with construction dust..  I had the guys cover everything..  I think the construction people think I'm crazy...  I keep on reminding myself that they're not the one having to clean all 120 wine glasses we own (and live through this)..  don't ask me why we own so many glasses, i have no clue..  The only thing that (knock on wood) that gets me through this is I know everything will be done by Thanksgiving when we have my side of the family in our apt (36 people!)..   Now I just have to convince our neighbors to stop complaining..  It's not like we wanted to have water damage 1 month after we moved in and go through all this crap..  Ok done whining..
2010-11-11 12:57 PM
in reply to: #3205810

User image

Master
Maryland

Tony, good luck to you and Sam.... should be a nice time of year to be there! 

I am racing the Harrisburg Marathon Sunday.

Linda
2010-11-11 1:53 PM
in reply to: #3206484

User image

Elite
san francisco
velcromom - 2010-11-11 8:12 AM Good Luck to all the runners - LINDA!   Another marathon?  You are my idol.

My youngest is the first alternate (as a freshman!) for cross country CCS this weekend....about 110 high schools in Northern California.   I may need to find a bat a pull a Tanya Harding.  Innocent

So I'll be WATCHING running.  How do I log that?

Tomorrow I go for my bike fit on the adjustable bike to learn about my geometry, and which bikes will work best for me.  I'm so excited!

Tuesday was the first anniversary of my Mother's death, and it was much tougher than I thought it would be.  Amazing how much our emotional status affects our physical status.

Happy Veteran's Day to all.....especially my Dad, my FIL and my nephew currently in the Army.

Big hugs to you, Linda. 
2010-11-11 3:52 PM
in reply to: #3206765

User image

Expert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia
Terps421 - 2010-11-11 12:57 PM

Tony, good luck to you and Sam.... should be a nice time of year to be there! 

I am racing the Harrisburg Marathon Sunday.

Linda

Good luck Linda!
2010-11-11 4:23 PM

User image

Master
Guelph, Ontario

Hi gang. It's been quite a week for me. Started last week with feeling very crappy. Monday thorough Thursday I had bad headaches and was sleeping about 12- 14 hours a day. Got over that and on Monday got hit with a wonderful cold. coughing and hacking all this week. Not much training involved. ( not much coaching either Sugar). Went to StThomas to help with the grandchildren who all have bad colds to.  Today I got a call from my sister in Alberta. My older brother has been rushed to the hosptial in Calgary with a brain anerism. They are doing tests and I won't here more until later. Fingers and everything crossed. Praying like crazy. He has to be OK.

2010-11-11 5:00 PM
in reply to: #3207133

User image

Elite
san francisco
Redknight - 2010-11-11 2:23 PM

Hi gang. It's been quite a week for me. Started last week with feeling very crappy. Monday thorough Thursday I had bad headaches and was sleeping about 12- 14 hours a day. Got over that and on Monday got hit with a wonderful cold. coughing and hacking all this week. Not much training involved. ( not much coaching either Sugar). Went to StThomas to help with the grandchildren who all have bad colds to.  Today I got a call from my sister in Alberta. My older brother has been rushed to the hosptial in Calgary with a brain anerism. They are doing tests and I won't here more until later. Fingers and everything crossed. Praying like crazy. He has to be OK.

Oh, Rob, I am so sorry.  Sending very positive thoughts and prayers to you and your brother. 
2010-11-11 5:20 PM
in reply to: #3207190

User image

Master
Suwanee, Ga.
kt65 - 2010-11-11 6:00 PM

Oh, Rob, I am so sorry.  Sending very positive thoughts and prayers to you and your brother. 

x2 Rob...Thoughts and prayers for you and the family.

Edited by Reno8 2010-11-11 5:20 PM
2010-11-11 5:22 PM

User image

Master

I'm so sorry. How scary. Thinking of you and yoru brother. Hope you are feeling better soon. Please keep us posted, OK?
2010-11-11 5:25 PM
in reply to: #3206480

User image

Master
Suwanee, Ga.

x 10...Thanks to my Dad and FIL.  Dad in WWII and both in Korea.  Many classmates were in Vietnam and several are serving now that I have had the opportunity to coach....a big THANKS to you all of you...especially those that paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

2010-11-11 5:52 PM
in reply to: #3207234

User image

Elite
san francisco
Reno8 - 2010-11-11 3:25 PM

x 10...Thanks to my Dad and FIL.  Dad in WWII and both in Korea.  Many classmates were in Vietnam and several are serving now that I have had the opportunity to coach....a big THANKS to you all of you...especially those that paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

X100...thank you so much to my Dad, he served in Korea, too.  Love you dad.
to all who have served and all those currently protecting us.  Thank YOU!  To my good friend Matt, come home from Afghanistan safe and sound.  We love you. 

2010-11-11 6:04 PM

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California
Wow - my dad was in Korea, too.  Are we a demographic, or what???

Rob - prayers your way, keep us posted.
2010-11-11 6:39 PM
in reply to: #3207234

User image

Master
Sin City
Reno8 - 2010-11-11 3:25 PM

I probably have a bigger military family than you guys, thankfully, I never had to move base to base (no thanks to divorce, but whatever. Although, I was conceived on a base in Kansas, then I was born in NJ a month after Mom and Dad moved, that should count for something right?).

Dad is in National Guard  - served his time for a year in Iraq last year, he joined the Army just at the end of Vietnam war. He didn't do actual combat - just "cleaning up".  He is a Helicopter Mechanic. 
Brother George is in Army and has been serving for over 15 years - served in Afghanistan, Iraq, Germany, Iran, etc etc etc. Serves as a tank driver (he wanted to be a Helicopter pilot, but he's a few inches too short (yeah, being vertically challenged runs in the family. *sigh* I blame the genes for being short).  
Grandpa Bono - Army, served in WW2 and Korea
Uncle Rick - Army
Uncle Buddy - Army and now work in Government in Virginia
Bono cousins - Army, and served in various countries (8 or 10 different family members - lost count)
Grandpa Partington (mom's dad) -  served in Korea

Happy Veterans Day!!

Edited by CyborgQueen 2010-11-11 6:41 PM
2010-11-11 7:11 PM

User image

Redknight - 2010-11-11 5:23 PM

Oh Rob, I am so sorry to hear this.  I am praying for your brother, you and all your family.
Stay strong
2010-11-11 8:38 PM
in reply to: #3207190

User image

Veteran
Rob - I'm very sorry to hear this... I will be thinking of you and your brother.
2010-11-11 9:36 PM

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia

Rob, very sorry to hear that, hoping everything is ok!

2010-11-12 8:00 AM

User image

Master
Sin City

{{{hugs}}} 
2010-11-12 8:44 AM

User image

Rob, I hope you're feeling better and that your brother is okay. Sending healing thoughts for both of you. 
2010-11-12 8:44 AM

User image

Expert
San Antonio, TX

Redknight - 2010-11-11 4:23 PM

Prayers and thoughts are with you both.  Any updates?

2010-11-12 10:41 AM
in reply to: #3207832

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
tri-chic - 2010-11-12 6:44 AM

Redknight - 2010-11-11 4:23 PM

Prayers and thoughts are with you both.  Any updates?

Hope all is well buddy!!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » swbkrun Mentor Group II- CLOSED FOR BUSINESS!!! Rss Feed  

of 81