BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 62

2013-11-27 12:09 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?)
Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

One day til we pick up my parents. Lots of cleaning and reorganizing. Since my dad can't get upstairs much, plus he has his wheel chair half the time, we have to make sure the downstairs bedroom/bathroom are ready.  I finished half the Thanksgiving food shopping and found the smallest turkey possible. I've never even tasted one, let alone made one, so it's a good thing my dad will be here

Off to do more cleaning.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JO!

How is this possible? 

I confess I had to do a double-take on that one, too!

Hahaha! What comes of being a lifelong vegeterian. Well, I took up the ocassional fish about four years ago, but other than the smell of bbq, meat doesn't have a draw for me. Weirdo, I know.

2013-11-27 10:54 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Melon Presser

HI I LOVE YOU BUH-BYE!

Sorry, it's been (even more than usual) massive nutsness over here! Bali Quad coming up Sunday (not racing--directing--worse!), whacko work schedule and still have to travel Mon-Tue, then super-early Wed morn K and I are back to Perth. Somewhere in there I gotta pack for IMWA! And keep up some training!

2013-11-27 11:05 AM
in reply to: TriAya

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by TriAya

HI I LOVE YOU BUH-BYE!

Sorry, it's been (even more than usual) massive nutsness over here! Bali Quad coming up Sunday (not racing--directing--worse!), whacko work schedule and still have to travel Mon-Tue, then super-early Wed morn K and I are back to Perth. Somewhere in there I gotta pack for IMWA! And keep up some training!

OMG, a Yanti sighting!   I can't even fathom what you consisder "massive nutiness"!

2013-11-27 11:07 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

HI I LOVE YOU BUH-BYE!

Thanks for dropping in, mwah!  Safe travels, and good luck being RD, eek!

2013-11-27 11:26 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Totally NOT stealing Janyne's thunder because I can only strive to be half as awesome as her, but we have 3 turkeys racing tomorrow!

Janyne - Ridgewood Turkey Trot

Randee - Manchester Road Race

Melanie - Sticks and Biscuits Thanksgiving Day 5K

My apologies for not having the correct pretty colors for everyone.  Note the comment above about not being as awesome as Janyne!   I went with turkey day colors instead.

2013-11-27 11:44 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Totally NOT stealing Janyne's thunder because I can only strive to be half as awesome as her, but we have 3 turkeys racing tomorrow!

My apologies for not having the correct pretty colors for everyone.  Note the comment above about not being as awesome as Janyne!   I went with turkey day colors instead.

Go T-giving racing Manatees!!!

I vote that "sticks and biscuits" as the best race name ever

2013-11-27 12:02 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Okay, this made me laugh so freakin' hard until I realized that I have no idea where some of the names should go either...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/its-thanksgiving-so-we-asked-some-brits-to-label-the-us-stat

That was great!  I'm actually amazed by how well most of them did.  Every once in a while I will try to write all 50 states, it's always sad when I get stuck at 49 and really have to think to figure out what stupid state I'm forgetting!

You are just trying to cover up the fact that you are going to OLD PEOPLE for the weekend!

Old People

2013-11-27 12:08 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Add to that...

Racing Manatees!

November 28- December 1
Kate - Run to Feed the Hungry 10k on Thursday
Felicia - Thankful 13 Half Marathon on Thursday

Disabled list:
Darren - Tendinitis in both feet

2013-11-27 4:07 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by jmkizer

Add to that...

Racing Manatees!

November 28- December 1

Disabled list:

GOOOO!!!!!!!!

Run well and have fun.

2013-11-27 4:24 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Okay, this made me laugh so freakin' hard until I realized that I have no idea where some of the names should go either...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/its-thanksgiving-so-we-asked-some-brits-to-label-the-us-stat

That was great!  I'm actually amazed by how well most of them did.  Every once in a while I will try to write all 50 states, it's always sad when I get stuck at 49 and really have to think to figure out what stupid state I'm forgetting!

You are just trying to cover up the fact that you are going to OLD PEOPLE for the weekend!

Old People

Lol, I am in OLD PEOPLE right now!
2013-11-27 4:25 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Add to that...

Racing Manatees!

November 28- December 1

Disabled list:

Go added manatees!

2013-11-27 5:06 PM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

Add to that...

Racing Manatees!

November 28- December 1

Disabled list:

Go added manatees!

What she said. Plus, you can, tentatively, take me off the list to give a clean DL list. Whoop, whoop.
2013-11-27 5:42 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by Richardsdrr

Add to that...

Racing Manatees!

November 28- December 1

Disabled list:

Go added manatees!

What she said. Plus, you can, tentatively, take me off the list to give a clean DL list. Whoop, whoop.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANATEES

YAY no-one on the disabled list!!!
Let's keep it that way. Ya it that means you can't hurt yourself in any manner next weekend!
2013-11-27 5:43 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Seeing how it's Thursday here I can say

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

(Sorry I can't do big colourful stuff on the iPad)
2013-11-27 6:55 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River

Thought about doing the local Turkey Trot.    The low in the morning will be around 18 degrees F with a wind chill of 12 degrees F.      

I will do a 5K on the treadmill in the sun room tomorrow morning, thank-you-very-much....      This will be the coldest Thanksgiving that I can remember for these parts.  

2013-11-28 5:57 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Add to that...

Racing Manatees!

November 28- December 1

Disabled list:

Go added manatees!

YAY!! Have a great Thanksgiving (to those who celebrate) or a great Thursday (to those who do not)!

Good luck to everyone racing

Tomorrow I'll be spending black friday at the LBS talking tri bikes........I know you are all giddy with anticipation!

2013-11-28 6:37 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Add to that...

Racing Manatees!

November 28- December 1

Disabled list:

Go added manatees!

YAY!! Have a great Thanksgiving (to those who celebrate) or a great Thursday (to those who do not)!

Good luck to everyone racing

Tomorrow I'll be spending black friday at the LBS talking tri bikes........I know you are all giddy with anticipation!
Oh man I wish we had Black Friday sales here, not that it would probably make much difference because silly me didn't even think iof it last week and went and ordered stuff from amazon. If I had waited a week I probably would have scored some sort of a deal.

Edited by StaceyK 2013-11-28 6:43 AM
2013-11-28 7:18 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Add to that...

Racing Manatees!

November 28- December 1

Disabled list:

Go added manatees!
YAY!! Have a great Thanksgiving (to those who celebrate) or a great Thursday (to those who do not)!Good luck to everyone racing Tomorrow I'll be spending black friday at the LBS talking tri bikes........I know you are all giddy with anticipation!
That is exciting!
2013-11-28 9:04 AM

User image

Melon Presser

GO NYNY!

GO RANDEETEE!

GO MELBO!

GO KATIEFROG!

GO DOROTHY!

YAY NO DISABLED LIST! WE LOVE DAZZERS!

And for those who hain't seen it ... Happy Thanksgiving from the Italian-food-veg eating fluoro duo on this joyous food and gratitude day.

(Kingsley.Me.Thgiving.2013 (Medium).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Kingsley.Me.Thgiving.2013 (Medium).jpg (98KB - 1 downloads)
2013-11-28 1:36 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Add to that...

Racing Manatees!

November 28- December 1

Disabled list:

Yup, this is why I shouldn't have tread onto Janyne's turf - she is the upcoming race pro!!!  I bow to you, oh master!  Somehow I didn't see these other races...   forgive me, overlooked racers and Janyne. 

Yay to no more DL members, per Darren's report!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

2013-11-28 1:37 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

GO NYNY!

GO RANDEETEE!

GO MELBO!

GO KATIEFROG!

GO DOROTHY!

YAY NO DISABLED LIST! WE LOVE DAZZERS!

And for those who hain't seen it ... Happy Thanksgiving from the Italian-food-veg eating fluoro duo on this joyous food and gratitude day.

You look exceptionally happy and beautiful in that pic, Yanti!

2013-11-28 2:54 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

I learned several things today--Run to Feed the Hungry is apparently THE largest race (in numbers of participants) in the US! Also, probably not the best idea for me to run a 10k 4 days after a half that knocked the snot out of me....

It was a fun little run though--there was smells of roasting turkey, and fireplaces along the course, multiple mimosa stations( ---not race sanctioned--residents along the race route are VERY supportive, and will often set up decorations, music, water and coffee stands, and for whatever reason, mimosas--in some cases, it looked like they were making them with cranberry juice rather than OJ--but still plenty of champagne); and there were costumes...lots of people with turkey hats, lots of tu-tus, and this:

The 3 people in that turkey did the entire 10k. and then they did a little dance at the intersection after the finish line...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone---I am thankful to have this pod of manatees in my life!

2013-11-28 3:46 PM
in reply to: kgore

User image

Pennsylvania

Sticks & Biscuits race report, actually submitted in a timely manner for once!

2013-11-28 3:47 PM
in reply to: kgore

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by kgore

I learned several things today--Run to Feed the Hungry is apparently THE largest race (in numbers of participants) in the US! Also, probably not the best idea for me to run a 10k 4 days after a half that knocked the snot out of me....

It was a fun little run though--there was smells of roasting turkey, and fireplaces along the course, multiple mimosa stations( ---not race sanctioned--residents along the race route are VERY supportive, and will often set up decorations, music, water and coffee stands, and for whatever reason, mimosas--in some cases, it looked like they were making them with cranberry juice rather than OJ--but still plenty of champagne); and there were costumes...lots of people with turkey hats, lots of tu-tus, and this:

The 3 people in that turkey did the entire 10k. and then they did a little dance at the intersection after the finish line...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone---I am thankful to have this pod of manatees in my life!

Sounds like a very fun and very big race, Kate!  Congrats!  Kudos to those people in that huge turkey costume, wow!

2013-11-28 4:44 PM

User image

Master
Happy Thanksgiving, Manatees! You turkey trotters are hard core (doing one was a mere passing thought for me). I cooked my first full Thanksgiving meal last night and this morning with my dad's guidance, my grandma's rolling pin...and a venti double shot dirty chai delivery from DH. :D
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?) Rss Feed  

of 62

RELATED POSTS

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : September 20, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Snapping hip syndrome is a condition described by a snapping sensation felt when the hip is flexed and extended. It is often also treated with anti-inflammatory medications and physical therapy.
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : May 29, 2012
I recently just ran a 5 mile race, and in the last 100 meters I was sprinting to pass someone and I felt a "pop" in my left arch. Could I have strained it? What is your advice for healing?
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.

date : September 3, 2006
Near the end of one of my long runs, I noticed my left hip aching. There was a slight pop with each step. The hip was sore for 2 days after the run.