BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-07-10 4:57 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by rrrunner

For those of you watching the TdF, thought you might enjoy this picture of some "jersey" cows, courtesy of Velo News.

Nice! I liked it last year when a guy along the route dyed his sheep yellow

ETA: speaking of the Tour (I'm one day behind) Phil was full of odd phrases yesterday.

I think there were some pink sheep during the Giro too. Poor beasties. 

So far "done and dusted" seems to be the phrase I've heard most often this year.  I can never remember which voice is which between the P's so I'm not sure who's been saying it.  We always listen closely for the first use of "massive" and whoop when we hear it.  Never fails - it gets way overused every year.

Do those of you following the race watch full stages, just sections, or only follow it on the live feed while "working"?

This sounds like the start of a Tour de France drinking game.  Take a shot anytime one of these phrases is said, or a name that you can't pronounce. Or have never heard. The list of rules could go on and on. Probably have different ones for each stage. 

TW likes to just yell out "peloton" from the other room in a horrible French accent. 

2015-07-10 5:37 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by cdban66

For those of you watching the TdF, thought you might enjoy this picture of some "jersey" cows, courtesy of Velo News.

ETA: speaking of the Tour (I'm one day behind) Phil was full of odd phrases yesterday.

So far "done and dusted" seems to be the phrase I've heard most often this year.  I can never remember which voice is which between the P's so I'm not sure who's been saying it.  We always listen closely for the first use of "massive" and whoop when we hear it.  Never fails - it gets way overused every year.

Do those of you following the race watch full stages, just sections, or only follow it on the live feed while "working"?

This sounds like the start of a Tour de France drinking game.  Take a shot anytime one of these phrases is said, or a name that you can't pronounce. Or have never heard. The list of rules could go on and on. Probably have different ones for each stage. 

TW likes to just yell out "peloton" from the other room in a horrible French accent. 

I think a Manatee Meet-up during the Tour would be a really bad idea!

2015-07-10 6:55 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Originally posted by cdban66

I think a Manatee Meet-up during the Tour would be a really bad idea!

I have been keeping up via SBS daily highlights and this fairly cool setup that the Orica Greenedge team has http://www.greenedgecycling.com/backstage-pass/
Seeing as all of the crashes have been happening right in front of this team it has provided some pretty good footage of them. OGE are down to 6 men now, three out with broken arms or collarbones thanks to those big crashes. Oh and one of the six has been riding with a number of broken ribs since stage 3. I think they are just trying to get him through to the team time trial so that they have enough members for that stage.
2015-07-11 7:07 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

July 11-12
MR Matt -  Sunfish Triathlon on Saturday
Steve - Sprint tri  on Saturday
Ann-Marie - Moonlight Moonshine 10k on Saturday
Melanie - Steelman Open Water Swim on Sunday
Tom - Caesar Creek State Park Oly on Sunday

Disabled List
Erin - knee
Stacey - a bit under the weather

Good luck Mr Matt, Steve, Ann-Marie, Melanie and Tom. I hope that you hope great races.
2015-07-11 7:49 AM

User image

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

July 11-12
MR Matt -  Sunfish Triathlon on Saturday
Steve - Sprint tri  on Saturday
Ann-Marie - Moonlight Moonshine 10k on Saturday
Melanie - Steelman Open Water Swim on Sunday
Tom - Caesar Creek State Park Oly on Sunday

Disabled List
Erin - knee

Good luck racers!

DLers, please vacate this list!
2015-07-11 9:11 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Happy racing, super racers! Hope today went well for Ann-Marie, Matt and Steve. Good luck tomorrow, Mel and Tom :D

2015-07-11 10:31 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Denver, CO

Hey, cat lovers:  found this fun addition for your cycling kit.

And how many Manatees will be rushing out to buy this for evening rides?

Thank you, DH, for spending too much time on the internet!!

2015-07-12 6:59 AM

User image

Melon Presser

MR Mattee - CONGRATS!!! (I think?)
NANCY - CONGRATS TOO!!! (I think?)
Hands-Marie - CONGRATS #3!!! (I hope?)
GO PEACH MELBO!!! 5K woohoo, you'll have a blast!
GO FOXAY!!!

Disabled List
Erin - knee

Tsk tsk ladies. We must do better. Unfortunately I'm there too ... I seem to be the official Disabled List Manatee Mascot!

I'm doing well but still struggling physically with deep fatigue. I do only get 5-6hrs a day that are usable, and yes, I feel better / more energy / better sleep quality if I train, but that's got to fit into those 6hrs or so.

2015-07-13 9:21 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Pennsylvania

Well, I survived the Steelman swim.  In a nutshell, I had stop-me-in-my-tracks calf cramps 3x which caused me to lose ~5 min.  Also, the course was long - instead of 3.1, most athletes' GPS watches were showing very close to 3.5.  Because of the long course and the cramps, I didn't make my goal time.  Take out the ~15 minutes extra for the long course and stoppages and I'd have been in the range I was hoping for.  Oh well, I didn't drown and I finished and I wasn't last.  RR to be done eventually, but I feel I gotta get the 'Cuse done first.  I'm racing again next weekend, so I'd better get on the ball or I will be very backlogged on reports!

2015-07-13 9:36 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Katy, Texas
Nice job Melanie!!
2015-07-13 10:25 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by melbo55

Well, I survived the Steelman swim.  In a nutshell, I had stop-me-in-my-tracks calf cramps 3x which caused me to lose ~5 min.  Also, the course was long - instead of 3.1, most athletes' GPS watches were showing very close to 3.5.  Because of the long course and the cramps, I didn't make my goal time.  Take out the ~15 minutes extra for the long course and stoppages and I'd have been in the range I was hoping for.  Oh well, I didn't drown and I finished and I wasn't last.  RR to be done eventually, but I feel I gotta get the 'Cuse done first.  I'm racing again next weekend, so I'd better get on the ball or I will be very backlogged on reports!

Well you know what I say!! (and if you don't it's "to finish is to win")

2015-07-13 10:26 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

I'll post a race report, but it felt good to finally be out racing.  The short version is this:

Paced the swim pretty well.  Was slower than my time last year by a good bit (1:50 difference), but when you don't put in volume that happens.  My bike was slower than last year, but all the times seemed down some.  I'm alright with that.  I will say that I had difficulty meeting my power targets that I hit in training.  I need to practice riding a rolling hill course with power.  My run was 30s/mile slower at 7:49 a mile.  I'll take that with my lack of volume and the fact that it was HOT out there.  

With all of that said it was good enough to place 2nd in 30-34.  Oh and I got a coffee mug too!

2015-07-13 10:59 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Great job on fighting through the cramps and getting it done.  That is a long way to swim.  I had calf cramps too at the first IM swim I did.  They are no fun.

2015-07-13 11:03 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by msteiner

I'll post a race report, but it felt good to finally be out racing.  The short version is this:

Paced the swim pretty well.  Was slower than my time last year by a good bit (1:50 difference), but when you don't put in volume that happens.  My bike was slower than last year, but all the times seemed down some.  I'm alright with that.  I will say that I had difficulty meeting my power targets that I hit in training.  I need to practice riding a rolling hill course with power.  My run was 30s/mile slower at 7:49 a mile.  I'll take that with my lack of volume and the fact that it was HOT out there.  

With all of that said it was good enough to place 2nd in 30-34.  Oh and I got a coffee mug too!

Congrats on your 2nd place AG.  And I like the mug.

Sounds like you were pretty happy with your times and it is a good feeling to be back racing.

On other news I've posted my RR.

2015-07-13 1:17 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Congrats on 2nd AG!!  Heat has a way of making people slow down.  That mug will hold a lot of coffee/tea/whatever your poison, cool prize!

2015-07-13 1:48 PM

User image

Katy, Texas
Congrats Matt!! Well done!

2015-07-13 8:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Great job Melanie. Especially because calf cramps while swimming suck big hairy dog balls.
2015-07-13 8:27 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Congrats on 2nd AG!!  Heat has a way of making people slow down.  That mug will hold a lot of coffee/tea/whatever your poison, cool prize!

Great job MR Matt, but are you sure you competed in the right age division because you look about 20 in that photo. (Maybe I am just getting old.)
2015-07-14 8:42 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by StaceyK

Great job MR Matt, but are you sure you competed in the right age division because you look about 20 in that photo. (Maybe I am just getting old.)

LOL I thought the same thing!

nice job!
2015-07-14 9:47 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Katy, Texas
Who's watching the tour this morning? Fireworks...
2015-07-14 10:01 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Morning Manatees!  I was in the mountains with limited access and limited time to use the internet, so I am way behind on the manatee musings.  Congrats to all the racers, well done to all.  I had a fun race in the mountains of western north carolina.  It was challenging for this flatlander, but good times all around.  I also managed to snag 2d in my AG.  Yay, for small races

2015-07-14 10:03 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by amd723

Morning Manatees!  I was in the mountains with limited access and limited time to use the internet, so I am way behind on the manatee musings.  Congrats to all the racers, well done to all.  I had a fun race in the mountains of western north carolina.  It was challenging for this flatlander, but good times all around.  I also managed to snag 2d in my AG.  Yay, for small races

Awesome!! Congrats!!
2015-07-14 10:05 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Wow, lots of good things from the racers!  Way to go on the bling Hands and MR. Matt.  Way to go to you too, Melanie.  What a tough swim!!

2015-07-14 10:06 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by Jet Black

Who's watching the tour this morning? Fireworks...

These guys are never going to stop doping it seems....
2015-07-14 10:07 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by Jet Black Who's watching the tour this morning? Fireworks...

Say no more, I'm watching it later.  I'll be surprised if I can get through the day without finding anything out though. 

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 68402 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 29147 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12300 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 38644 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67871 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.