BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-07-15 8:31 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Katy, Texas
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)
Originally posted by StaceyK

Originally posted by Jet Black

I officially signed up for an international distance (1.5k/46k/10k) tri on August 2nd. I'm pretty excited to unleash all this fitness I've been busting my to build.
Great job Sean. I bit the bullet and handed over my $100 entry fee for my HM today so I have 6 and a bit weeks to get it together now.

Sweet!

2015-07-15 9:26 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by StaceyK so just a quick question for the pod. Who pays a BT membership? What level are you and what benefits do you feel it gives you? Please note there is no agenda here other than I have been thinking of using the 20 week Oly plan (2x balanced) for the start of the summer, which I would want to import into my training log. But I also want to shift the days around a bit to work with my life. So if I had a silver membership could I do this. Or would you just go with bronze and import the rearranged plan as your own plan?

I pay for the lowest level account (bronze?) from waaaaay back when because I wanted a particular IM training plan and I couldn't get it on the free account.  As for why I still pay for it?  I'm not really sure...  I think the only benefit you get for paying for various memberships is the variety of plans and/or coaching you have available to you.  

There's a chart available if you go to http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Membership

2015-07-15 9:27 AM
in reply to: #5116906

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
I don't currently have a BT membership. I have in the past, both for the training plans and for the lack of ads. Now I'm not using their plans and it doesn't get rid of ads anymore so... there ya have it.
2015-07-15 9:39 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Jet Black I officially signed up for an international distance (1.5k/46k/10k) tri on August 2nd. I'm pretty excited to unleash all this fitness I've been busting my to build.

Excellent!  No doubt your pent up fitness and strong desire to race will result in speedy times and a fun day!

2015-07-15 12:11 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Denver, CO

Yay, Stacey and Sean!!  Plunking down $$ is a great way to commit to going the distance instead of just thinking about it.  Go go go!!

2015-07-15 1:09 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by StaceyK so just a quick question for the pod. Who pays a BT membership? What level are you and what benefits do you feel it gives you? Please note there is no agenda here other than I have been thinking of using the 20 week Oly plan (2x balanced) for the start of the summer, which I would want to import into my training log. But I also want to shift the days around a bit to work with my life. So if I had a silver membership could I do this. Or would you just go with bronze and import the rearranged plan as your own plan?

I get the Bronze mostly just to show support for them.  I'd kinda like BT to stick around, you know?

2015-07-15 1:10 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Jet Black I officially signed up for an international distance (1.5k/46k/10k) tri on August 2nd. I'm pretty excited to unleash all this fitness I've been busting my to build.
Great job Sean. I bit the bullet and handed over my $100 entry fee for my HM today so I have 6 and a bit weeks to get it together now.

Woo hoo!  More RACERS!

2015-07-15 2:35 PM

User image

Originally posted by Jet Black

I officially signed up for an international distance (1.5k/46k/10k) tri on August 2nd. I'm pretty excited to unleash all this fitness I've been busting my to build.

Awesome!! It will fun to cheer you guys on!

Mel, I'm sending positive thoughts your way for you and your dad.
2015-07-15 4:19 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Pennsylvania

Thanks for the well-wishes for Dad.  The doctor thinks the pain is from tumor flare.  A spot of something did show up on the CT scan, but the doc didn't seem to be too worried about it.  They put him on prednisone and some strong antibiotic to help with his wheezing/coughing and in case anything new and ugly is brewing in his lungs. 

The poor guy got stuck (without exaggeration) 4 times at LCC before they could get blood for his routine blood work, then twice at the first outpatient center we went to for his scan, without success, so they sent us to the main hospital where there was an IV team.  Well, the IV team put two more holes in him before his vein collapsed at which point they finally gave up and called for someone who could access his port, who did so, but then forgot the heparin to flush it out with.  What was supposed to be a 5 minute procedure for the CT scan turned into 2 visits, 20 minutes at one, then over an hour at the 2nd.  What a day!  Dad was worn out.

2015-07-15 4:24 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by melbo55

Thanks for the well-wishes for Dad.  The doctor thinks the pain is from tumor flare.  A spot of something did show up on the CT scan, but the doc didn't seem to be too worried about it.  They put him on prednisone and some strong antibiotic to help with his wheezing/coughing and in case anything new and ugly is brewing in his lungs. 

The poor guy got stuck (without exaggeration) 4 times at LCC before they could get blood for his routine blood work, then twice at the first outpatient center we went to for his scan, without success, so they sent us to the main hospital where there was an IV team.  Well, the IV team put two more holes in him before his vein collapsed at which point they finally gave up and called for someone who could access his port, who did so, but then forgot the heparin to flush it out with.  What was supposed to be a 5 minute procedure for the CT scan turned into 2 visits, 20 minutes at one, then over an hour at the 2nd.  What a day!  Dad was worn out.

Ugh, your poor dad!!  

I totally feel for him.  Years ago I had to get blood drawn 2x/wk for 6wks after an ectopic pregnancy and both of my arms had blown veins to the point that the nurses were wondering where the heck they were going to be able to draw from for the last 2 weeks.  Not fun.  

Tell him to get lots of rest!  

2015-07-15 5:01 PM

User image

Denver, CO

That sounds like a marathon day.  No wonder he's exhausted.  I feel tired just thinking about it and I'm not his age or dealing with all his health issues!!!   Hope the pain resolves quickly and that the prednisone/antibiotic regimen helps.  Nothing new or ugly would be good.  (((Hugs))) to you both.

2015-07-16 1:31 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

That is a lot to go threw both physically and emotionally in one day.  Good that the doc wasn't too concerned about the CT scan.  They tend to be overly cautious so the fact he wasn't worried is good.  Some people are just better than others at accessing veins.  If someone didn't get it right after two tries I always asked to have someone else give it a try.  If I was ever given the option I also preferred that they just use the port to begin with.  Hope you both get some rest.

2015-07-16 1:40 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

I'm stuck pulling a very late night at the office and found a few pics from the website of the race I did this last weekend.  They also had a pic of my little super boy.  He had so much fun.

2015-07-16 3:01 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by popsracer

I'm stuck pulling a very late night at the office and found a few pics from the website of the race I did this last weekend.  They also had a pic of my little super boy.  He had so much fun.

very cool Steve - the pictures not that you are still working
2015-07-16 7:18 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
Dang Steve, looks at those guns! Love the pic of your son, too bad the camera man has him out of focus!
2015-07-16 7:21 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Kevin's been out of town for work this week.  He's in Greenville, SC and he brought his bike with him. Last night I got a text, "Awesome ride tonight on Paris Mountain. No wonder George (Hincapie) rides there!"

2015-07-16 7:24 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Ugh!  I'm so sorry the here this and I totally empathize with your dad on the collapsed vein situation.  It's very painful and frustrating.  :-/

2015-07-16 7:25 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Great photos!

2015-07-16 8:46 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by jmkizer

Kevin's been out of town for work this week.  He's in Greenville, SC and he brought his bike with him. Last night I got a text, "Awesome ride tonight on Paris Mountain. No wonder George (Hincapie) rides there!"

I love Greenville. It is on our shortlist of retirement places. Yes, we may move OUT of Florida when we retire. Do you have a Tupelo Honey near you? There is one in Greenville and a few other cities in the Carolinas (Asheville) and they have a grilled cheese sandwich with green tomato that is EPIC!!!!

Ok, maybe it is simply a pretty good sandwich and not quite epic 

2015-07-16 8:48 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by cdban66

I love Greenville. It is on our shortlist of retirement places. Yes, we may move OUT of Florida when we retire. Do you have a Tupelo Honey near you? There is one in Greenville and a few other cities in the Carolinas (Asheville) and they have a grilled cheese sandwich with green tomato that is EPIC!!!!

Yes, there is a Tupelo Honey in Raleigh.  I think that the original one is in downtown Asheville?

haha!  Way to use your Bachelorette references! 

2015-07-16 8:51 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Holy guns, Steve!  Great pic!  And your boy is so cute and looks very confident!  I just want to hug all the little cuties in the water with their swim noodles and bright caps!

2015-07-16 9:03 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Hang in there Mel's dad!
2015-07-16 9:05 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by cdban66

Yes, there is a Tupelo Honey in Raleigh.  I think that the original one is in downtown Asheville?

haha!  Way to use your Bachelorette references! 

I'm not sure which came first, but we ended up in the Greenville one when we were up there in 2013.  The biscuits are good as well, real southern biscuits.  Goodness, I think I need breakfast this morning.   I hit the one in Asheville when I was there for Bike Mechanic school.  Asheville is kind of a cool city, a bit hipster for my taste, but nice not too bad at all.  And it has an old velodrome in it that you can ride.  However, be advised that it is not well kept.  Fun experience, none the less.

Actually, the EPIC reference is from something that started a few days earlier. I have been ranting about the tendency some (younger) folks have to use hyperbole when describing things.  DD2 is pretty bad at this and her sister is even worse.  Everything is "the best ever", "EPIC, "Awesome!", etc.  Given my IG pic from last night, it evidently drives me to drink 

Steve, your pics are cool, I really love that you were able to do that event with him.

Have a great day everyone.  

2015-07-16 9:38 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Great pics!!  I love the little ones with the pool noodles, I know my hubby wishes they were race legal for the big kids to use too!  

2015-07-16 10:37 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Jet Black Dang Steve, looks at those guns! Love the pic of your son, too bad the camera man has him out of focus!

Agreed, great guns, great pics!  Your son is really cute, if a bit out of focus

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 68404 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 29147 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12300 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 38644 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67871 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.