Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Gimmie your "best" first world problems Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 14

2013-09-06 10:17 AM
in reply to: KeriKadi

User image

Master
Livonia, MI
Subject: RE: Gimmie your "best" first world problems

Originally posted by KeriKadi A FB friend recently posted/complained their Austrian Au Pair was too young to go to the store to buy wine.They will keep this in mind when selecting the next Au Pair.

Okay, that one made me giggle Laughing

2013-09-06 10:32 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Master
Sunny Southern Cal
Originally posted by switch

Originally posted by SevenZulu When I wear a skirt, my boxers show.

Underwear with a skirt? You're not doing it right.

Who knew?  They should come with instructions.

2013-09-06 11:22 AM
in reply to: SevenZulu

Expert
Broadlands

I have a favorite sports gel/drink/recovery drink brand that is not sold in the US, I have to have my buddy bring in supplies every time he comes over from the UK to visit (~ 4 times a year).  He also pays for it and never asks for money! BUT on occasion I've run short and had to use one of the brands available here :-(

We have three separate AC systems in the house and balancing them to make the house "just right" can be tricky!

When I fly to Asia/Malaysia for business I don't always get my preferred airline so the mileage doesn't accrue as quickly as it could.

2013-09-06 11:22 AM

User image

Ledyard, CT
We're almost out of bottled water in my office and we're not scheduled for a delivery until next Wednesday. I might have to drink tap water until then.
2013-09-06 12:02 PM
in reply to: MikeyP4

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Receiving an e-mail that does not apply to me because the sender is too lazy to narrow down the send list. Instead the sender states, at the END of the e-mail, Group 2 this does not apply to you.

2013-09-06 2:05 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Veteran
St. Louis
The sushi roll I ordered for lunch didn't come with unagi sauce.  Seriously?

2013-09-06 2:12 PM

User image

Master
Sunny Southern Cal
I have a good one, not my own, but my wife's.  She works for a Korean company that recently installed these washing toilet seats in all the stalls.  When she sat down to go pee, she immediately started receiving the deluxe undercarriage wash and wax special.  She says she leapt straight up in the air when it happened.
2013-09-06 3:16 PM

User image

Expert

Originally posted by SevenZulu I have a good one, not my own, but my wife's.  She works for a Korean company that recently installed these washing toilet seats in all the stalls.  When she sat down to go pee, she immediately started receiving the deluxe undercarriage wash and wax special.  She says she leapt straight up in the air when it happened.

When I was first in Japan, I went to visit a Japanese family for dinner. They had one of those types of toilet. When I got up to flush. I accidentally hit the wrong button (there were so many) and the bidet function was activated.. Water went gushing into the air fountain style.

I was screaming and laughing and mortified all at the same time. 

2013-09-06 3:28 PM

User image

Supersonicus Idioticus
Thunder Bay, ON
Coffee just takes too darn long to brew in the morning!

Can't the Colombians... like... genetically engineer better coffee?
2013-09-06 3:28 PM

User image

I just realized my cable provider now carries Universal Sports and I missed the first 12 stages of the Vuelta when I could have been DVR'ing it.  So mad.
2013-09-06 6:19 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
My third/first world problem is entering crisis level. Mounting city-wide search for kitty litter today. (Can I log that?) It's good they don't have house inspections in the third world, or this one would probably be condemned.

2013-09-06 6:34 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Hot Runner My third/first world problem is entering crisis level. Mounting city-wide search for kitty litter today. (Can I log that?) It's good they don't have house inspections in the third world, or this one would probably be condemned.

My cat's food is $53 for 8 pounds. Per pound it would be cheaper to feed them grilled salmon

2013-09-06 7:53 PM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly

Originally posted by Hot Runner My third/first world problem is entering crisis level. Mounting city-wide search for kitty litter today. (Can I log that?) It's good they don't have house inspections in the third world, or this one would probably be condemned.

My cat's food is $53 for 8 pounds. Per pound it would be cheaper to feed them grilled salmon

So why don't you?
2013-09-06 8:12 PM

User image

Pro

So why don't you?

Or..........................................................when is CHINESE New Year?  You could have another dinner. Laughing 

Lord......I apologize....

2013-09-06 8:26 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Left Brain

So why don't you?

Or..........................................................when is CHINESE New Year?  You could have another dinner. Laughing 

I have a dessert suggestion for that meal too.

User image

Regular
LHOTP

So why don't you?

User image

Regular
LHOTP

So why don't you?

2013-09-06 9:02 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Termite grubs? Survivorman seems to like them and I think they're popular in one of our neighboring countries. I could check the mound that's probably behind the bedroom wardrobe if I could move it without six Vietnamese men and a forklift. Kitty's NOT an outdoor cat for precisely the reason mentioned. Tet or not, he'd probably go into a migrant workers' stew pot--has happened to dogs I know.
2013-09-06 9:11 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Hot RunnerTermite grubs? Survivorman seems to like them and I think they're popular in one of our neighboring countries. I could check the mound that's probably behind the bedroom wardrobe if I could move it without six Vietnamese men and a forklift. Kitty's NOT an outdoor cat for precisely the reason mentioned. Tet or not, he'd probably go into a migrant workers' stew pot--has happened to dogs I know.
Not what I was thinking, but I'll try anything once. How do you prepare the grubs?
2013-09-06 9:46 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

So why don't you?

I would like to respond with the first thing that popped into my head but that would get me banned from BT. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out

Edited by BrianRunsPhilly 2013-09-06 9:48 PM
2013-09-06 9:52 PM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Regular
LHOTP

So why don't you?

I would like to respond with the first thing that popped into my head but that would get me banned from BT. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out

I feel your pain, bro.  Must. Resist. Comment.

---

However, my current first world problem is apparently that I don't know how to use my phone to post to the interwebs, and I not only DPed, I TPed.  Furthermore, my current favorite forum does not allow edits after 30 minutes. Woe is me.

2013-09-07 10:29 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
I was thinking of this thread and got a bit of a chuckle at my wife yesterday.  The next door neighbor's yardcare service blew leaves into the road instead of picking them up and they were starting to find their way into our yard.  My wife went nuts.  She went right over and got the number for the business and demanded they come over immediately and clean it up.  It was funny how worked up she was over this horrendous problem.Smile 
2013-09-07 3:59 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by popsracer I was thinking of this thread and got a bit of a chuckle at my wife yesterday.  The next door neighbor's yardcare service blew leaves into the road instead of picking them up and they were starting to find their way into our yard.  My wife went nuts.  She went right over and got the number for the business and demanded they come over immediately and clean it up.  It was funny how worked up she was over this horrendous problem.Smile 

Bwahahaha!  Steve, that is AWESOME!

2013-09-07 5:42 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

NC
Originally posted by Jason N

I just realized my cable provider now carries Universal Sports and I missed the first 12 stages of the Vuelta when I could have been DVR'ing it.  So mad.

I'm still furious that TWC is giving you Universal and not me. Just to make myself miserable, I saw part of the lineup today was Vuelta, ITU race, Alberta. Just great.

2013-09-07 5:55 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Originally posted by popsracer

I was thinking of this thread and got a bit of a chuckle at my wife yesterday.  The next door neighbor's yardcare service blew leaves into the road instead of picking them up and they were starting to find their way into our yard.  My wife went nuts.  She went right over and got the number for the business and demanded they come over immediately and clean it up.  It was funny how worked up she was over this horrendous problem.Smile 

I have never understood the leaf blowers. It just moves the problem to another area.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Gimmie your "best" first world problems Rss Feed  

of 14

RELATED POSTS

real world problems

Started by LJR
Views: 959 Posts: 1

2008-09-26 1:32 PM LJR

Disney World tickets, best place to buy

Started by JoeR
Views: 1134 Posts: 7

2008-03-10 4:18 PM JoeR

World's first eyeball tattoo

Started by krludwig
Views: 1628 Posts: 16

2008-03-04 4:18 PM ranger5oh

Best place in the World??? Pages: 1 2

Started by jbillfsu
Views: 2639 Posts: 26

2007-08-28 10:31 AM nighthawk

the good people in the world...

Started by autumn
Views: 1659 Posts: 15

2005-05-18 4:38 PM Tania
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : April 9, 2010
author : Zen Master
comments : 24
All I can think about is, "How can I swim in this?" I can't sleep. I think I made a big mistake. I'm filling my head with fear and doubt. What made me think I could run a triathlon?
date : May 19, 2008
author : peteo
comments : 0
Well it is mid-life crisis time. I could get a mistress but I still think my wife is hot. Or I can abuse my body like I was still 19. Triathlon world here I come!!

date : January 16, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
My symptoms have been present off and on for almost two years. Is this a surgical problem, or should I just keep managing it for as long as I can?
date : December 19, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 2
My problem is I can only swim about 30-40 meters without having to rest. What is the best way to improve this? I need to get from 40 to 750 meters in 6 months.

date : December 11, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.
date : October 11, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
I have 10 lessons with a coach and he keeps telling my I'm holding my breath. I cannot figure out where since I'm breathing out and in every 3rd stroke. Any drill recommendations?

date : July 17, 2005
author : AMSSM
Proper Bicycle Fit and Treatment of Common Cycling-related Medical Problems