BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 107

2019-04-27 8:34 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Subject: RE: Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED
Good luck racers and have an amazing time!

2019-04-28 5:03 AM
in reply to: #5258140

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Nope, no HM for me this weekend. Sorry...forgot to take it off my tentative schedule.
2019-04-28 6:55 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

April 27-28
Lisa - Tour de Cure on Saturday
Anne - The Epic 150 in Missouri on Saturday
Jen Stewey - Pike’s Peak 10k on Sunday
Laura - Westfields Pool Sprint on Sunday

Is anyone else racing? Nancy, are you doing the half marathon tomorrow?

I hope everyone had a great race this weekend.

Sorry that I haven't checked in for a while. I worked all Easter weekend and then had last week off on leave so I haven't been near my computer much at all for nearly 2 weeks - and I've loved it. One more day of leave and then back to work tomorrow
2019-04-28 7:53 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

So after researching and asking a lot of people questions, I think I have made the biggest decision of my life...

I'm going to a local tri shop next Friday and ordering a P3 Ultegra.

The new decision will be what color should I order?
2019-04-29 7:22 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by fortissimo So after researching and asking a lot of people questions, I think I have made the biggest decision of my life... I'm going to a local tri shop next Friday and ordering a P3 Ultegra. The new decision will be what color should I order?

Woo hoo!

Color -- whichever one is fastest!

Seriously, it looks like red and florescent green are your choices, is that right? Both look great! I'm actually leaning flouro.

(fluoro p3.jpg)

(red p3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
fluoro p3.jpg (114KB - 3 downloads)
red p3.jpg (115KB - 3 downloads)
2019-04-29 7:25 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

The Fenix 5 is down to $350. Kevin just ordered one this morning. It could be a super spendy week for us... (although I think Robin K-C has us beat on that front!)

2019-04-29 7:53 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by fortissimo So after researching and asking a lot of people questions, I think I have made the biggest decision of my life... I'm going to a local tri shop next Friday and ordering a P3 Ultegra. The new decision will be what color should I order?

Sweet!! What are you riding now? I am officially jealous!!

2019-04-29 7:55 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Orlando

Woo hoo!

Seriously, it looks like red and florescent green are your choices, is that right? Both look great! I'm actually leaning flouro.

Love both colors! I'd pick whichever one I thought I'd still like in 2 years.

ETA: NM in 2 years you can just buy a new bike

Edited by amd723 2019-04-29 7:55 AM
2019-04-29 7:57 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

The Fenix 5 is down to $350. Kevin just ordered one this morning. It could be a super spendy week for us... (although I think Robin K-C has us beat on that front!)

Very tempted to buy this, but i really don't need it! Plus, am thinking the 935 may have a big price drop since the 945 is soon to be released (at least Amazon is taking pre-orders).

What are you buying to make this a super spendy week??

2019-04-29 8:16 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

Very tempted to buy this, but i really don't need it! Plus, am thinking the 935 may have a big price drop since the 945 is soon to be released (at least Amazon is taking pre-orders).

I think that this Fenix 5 sale is in advance of the Garmin 945 announcement. It sounds like it will be available tomorrow-- based on some interwebs sluthing that I saw that has Amazon listing an April 30 availability date.  We should know in just a few days. I'm not interested in the 945 but I *am* interested in a less spendy 935 or Fenix 5. 

Kevin had a Fenix 3 that has stopped holding a charge in the past few weeks. He was also waiting for a sale. He said that he's lost too many bike computers in the woods and prefers a wrist-based solution for mountain biking.

2019-04-29 8:20 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

I think that this Fenix 5 sale is in advance of the Garmin 945 announcement. It sounds like it will be available tomorrow-- based on some interwebs sluthing that I saw that has Amazon listing an April 30 availability date.  We should know in just a few days. I'm not interested in the 945 but I *am* interested in a less spendy 935 or Fenix 5. 

Kevin had a Fenix 3 that has stopped holding a charge in the past few weeks. He was also waiting for a sale. He said that he's lost too many bike computers in the woods and prefers a wrist-based solution for mountain biking.

The price point for the 945 is crazy!! Music and ability to pay with it just don't add anything for me. I already can pay from my Apple watch or phone and don't run with music; so even if it wasn't crazy expensive the 945 would not be the watch for me. Just my .02

2019-04-29 8:22 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

The price point for the 945 is crazy!! Music and ability to pay with it just don't add anything for me. I already can pay from my Apple watch or phone and don't run with music; so even if it wasn't crazy expensive the 945 would not be the watch for me. Just my .02

Me neither. I just know that my 920XT has been acting up and I've been waiting for a price drop since Black Friday.

2019-04-29 8:25 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Me neither. I just know that my 920XT has been acting up and I've been waiting for a price drop since Black Friday.

I'm going to have both bike and watch envy now!

2019-04-29 8:27 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Um, didn't you get a new watch just a few months ago? Yeah, yeah, I realize that it was a work thing but still -- toys!

2019-04-29 1:41 PM

User image

Raleigh, North Carolina

Um, didn't you get a new watch just a few months ago? Yeah, yeah, I realize that it was a work thing but still -- toys!

I should not have watched a review of the Fenix 5. That would be a huge upgrade from my old Suunto. But a "spendy" one.

I vote red for the new P3!
2019-04-29 4:08 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado

Woo hoo!

This is true story!
About 20 years ago there was this study in Poland on the colors of the balls used in the Lotto/Mega Million kind of thing. You know, colorful balls spinning through the air, then being sucked, and the lucky sucked numbers get somebody a nice $$$ win. Someone started some analysis and noticed that there are colors that win more often that the others. It turned out that the colors had different weight, and even if it was 0.0000001 difference in weight, it was enough to have specific colors win more frequently than the others. After this revelation was published, Lotto made all balls the same color.

So.... I would definitely see the green bike being faster Yet, the red one more aggressive!

2019-04-29 9:45 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

For those interested in getting a new Garmin - do not buy the 935!! Mine is not even 6 months old and my elevation is at 22,500 feet and the temperature is 106 degrees. It is also going to update mode in the middle of a workout. This all started when the did the 13.0 update, so I hope it's just a bug they can fix. If not, they are going the hear from a really cranky person!

Janyne- I haven't made the jump yet, but that may happen on Friday!

Ann-Marie, I am currently on a Neil Pryde Bayamo I have named Frankie. The designer was the lead designer for Cervelo but jumped ship to Neil Pryde when they decided to get into the bike business. The bike is engineered by BMW so it will be the closest I will ever be to owning a Beamer, haha!

I am leaning towards the green - Frankie is black with some florescent green so the new bike could be Frankie Junior. Or if they have red in stock and not the green I will go for the red.

I'm also thinking about trading in Frankie with their "Trade Up" program. It just depends on what they offer.

Edited by fortissimo 2019-04-29 9:45 PM
2019-04-30 6:22 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by fortissimo For those interested in getting a new Garmin - do not buy the 935!! Mine is not even 6 months old and my elevation is at 22,500 feet and the temperature is 106 degrees. It is also going to update mode in the middle of a workout. This all started when the did the 13.0 update, so I hope it's just a bug they can fix. If not, they are going the hear from a really cranky person! Janyne- I haven't made the jump yet, but that may happen on Friday! Ann-Marie, I am currently on a Neil Pryde Bayamo I have named Frankie. The designer was the lead designer for Cervelo but jumped ship to Neil Pryde when they decided to get into the bike business. The bike is engineered by BMW so it will be the closest I will ever be to owning a Beamer, haha! I am leaning towards the green - Frankie is black with some florescent green so the new bike could be Frankie Junior. Or if they have red in stock and not the green I will go for the red. I'm also thinking about trading in Frankie with their "Trade Up" program. It just depends on what they offer.

Ok, i have to admit I had to google Neil Pryde!!  Interesting about the 935. Jim loves his, but i have noticed some strava post by friends with 935 showing some crazy elevation on rides and runs i know are pretty flat. 

2019-04-30 6:23 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by fortissimo For those interested in getting a new Garmin - do not buy the 935!! Mine is not even 6 months old and my elevation is at 22,500 feet and the temperature is 106 degrees. It is also going to update mode in the middle of a workout. This all started when the did the 13.0 update, so I hope it's just a bug they can fix. If not, they are going the hear from a really cranky person! Janyne- I haven't made the jump yet, but that may happen on Friday! Ann-Marie, I am currently on a Neil Pryde Bayamo I have named Frankie. The designer was the lead designer for Cervelo but jumped ship to Neil Pryde when they decided to get into the bike business. The bike is engineered by BMW so it will be the closest I will ever be to owning a Beamer, haha! I am leaning towards the green - Frankie is black with some florescent green so the new bike could be Frankie Junior. Or if they have red in stock and not the green I will go for the red. I'm also thinking about trading in Frankie with their "Trade Up" program. It just depends on what they offer.

Frankie says, "Go Fast!"

2019-04-30 6:23 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Ok, i have to admit I had to google Neil Pryde!!  Interesting about the 935. Jim loves his, but i have noticed some strava post by friends with 935 showing some crazy elevation on rides and runs i know are pretty flat. 

It's making the Fenix 5 look pretty tempting!

2019-04-30 7:45 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by JBacarella

It sounds like a new North American Ironman is coming next year

The four host city finalists are:

• Des Moines, Iowa
  • Fayetteville, Arkansas
  • Memphis, Tennessee
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma

https://whotv.com/2019/04/18/des-moines-chosen-as-finalist-for-new-ironman-triathlon/?fbclid=IwAR2IFYpKfBSMjDF31jdfp_pp1JyXlEFGDVO-Z_ZQNKkffpJN_Fl1rVDbvlE

I have a cousin who lives in Tulsa. She is hoping they get picked, so I will come there to race. When did Ironman become a family obligation. HaHa.

I think I would have the same issue in Des Moines.

I'm actually rooting for Memphis, mostly because it is on my short list for possible moving locations...

I think my IM days are over, but if not, Memphis is the only one of the 4 I'd be interesting in as it is arguably within driving distance

At this time, none of these locations float to the top of my list. That could change as details emerge.

Wonder if Memphis would cancel Choo?!

I heard that IM Texas will not be renewed after 2020 (continuous problems with the community and the bike course and it's expensive to host what with paying to close a highway and all). Maybe this yet to be announced will be an eventual replacement for IMTX?  With one year overlap? Dunno.

2019-04-30 8:53 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Just a FYI on the Land and Sky relay:http://gloryhoundevents.com/land-and-sky-relay-the-history-along-the-route-part-2/
2019-04-30 11:27 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Falls Church, Virginia
Got my race report up. And I have to brag a bit.....5 minute course PR!!! And I passed people on the bike? And never thought to myself "when will this be over" so that's big wins right there.
2019-04-30 12:54 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Woo hoo!

New bike time!!  I'm partial to the fluoro but the red is sharp, too.  

2019-04-30 12:54 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by ceilidh Just a FYI on the Land and Sky relay:http://gloryhoundevents.com/land-and-sky-relay-the-history-along-the-route-part-2/

Thanks for the link, I love stuff like this.   History is cool!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 107