BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-02-04 10:28 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)
Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Have you guys seen this?

She, like our very own Salty, is a naked runner.

A dirty naked runner--this is TRAIL time.

http://www.runnersworld.com/trail-racing/nicole-studer-sets-womens-100-mile-trail-record?adbid=562641736220962816&adbpl=tw&adbpr=14882900&cid=social39839157

Saw that article on FB. Absolutely incredible!

Great Story and LOVE the Team RWB Top.

2015-02-04 10:51 AM
in reply to: tcarlson78

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by tcarlson78

Have you guys seen this?

She, like our very own Salty, is a naked runner.

A dirty naked runner--this is TRAIL time.

http://www.runnersworld.com/trail-racing/nicole-studer-sets-womens-100-mile-trail-record?adbid=562641736220962816&adbpl=tw&adbpr=14882900&cid=social39839157

Saw that article on FB. Absolutely incredible!

Great Story and LOVE the Team RWB Top.

Running an 8:37 mile?  Not bad...

Running ONE HUNDRED OF THEM?  IN A ROW?!?  Holy carp!

One badazzed Texan, she is.  No wonder Strava segments are so darned tough around here! 

Matt

2015-02-04 11:08 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

Originally posted by Artemis

::pokes head in::  

Hiya Manatees!  Long time no see!!  

So, lots of changes for me lately!  I had wrist surgery to repair a ligament in my right wrist on January 6.  I'm in an above-elbow cast.  2 more weeks of this torture!  I'm cleared to use exercise bikes and treadmill.  Apparently, the treadmill is safer?  I'd feel safer on the road; I trip less there.  Haven't done too much.  Sweating in the cast is nasty.

Also, I'm in CALIFORNIA!!!  DH got recruited to a very large social media company in the area.  We decided to take the plunge and move out here.  It was official on January 21.  We were the crazies with a 3 year old and 2 cats on a six hour flight to San Francisco.  I'm looking for a job, so currently a stay at home mom.  Very strange!

Wondermoooooooose!

I saw that you survived the transcon. Cast and all. Crazy indeed!

Says the Crazy Cat lady.
2015-02-04 11:09 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by Artemis

::pokes head in::  

Hiya Manatees!  Long time no see!!  

So, lots of changes for me lately!  I had wrist surgery to repair a ligament in my right wrist on January 6.  I'm in an above-elbow cast.  2 more weeks of this torture!  I'm cleared to use exercise bikes and treadmill.  Apparently, the treadmill is safer?  I'd feel safer on the road; I trip less there.  Haven't done too much.  Sweating in the cast is nasty.

Also, I'm in CALIFORNIA!!!  DH got recruited to a very large social media company in the area.  We decided to take the plunge and move out here.  It was official on January 21.  We were the crazies with a 3 year old and 2 cats on a six hour flight to San Francisco.  I'm looking for a job, so currently a stay at home mom.  Very strange!

Congratulations on you CA adventure. 

I know all about exercising in a sling.  This to shall pass.

I've been following all on, uh, social media (haha!) and thinking of you and E.  Lovely photos of her lately!

Take care!

She's really loving California! I wish I could take her swimming during the day.
2015-02-04 11:33 AM
in reply to: Artemis

User image

Chatham Ontario
Happy Wednesday.

Slide by to say hello. Just too darn busy with work to hangout here much today. Hope everyone is having an awesome week. We got a couple more inches of snow last night. I decided to drive over it. I am sick of shoveling.

Take that SNOW take that.

Need to get back into a workout routine I had a bad weekend workout wise and eating wise. Paying for it now with guilt.
2015-02-04 12:08 PM
in reply to: Techdiver

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Hello my fabulous and wonderful Manatees!!  

I swear I'm trying to get caught up in here, but as it's been a couple of days I've realized I should just skip to today and say HELLO!!  

2015-02-04 1:15 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by cdban66

A few thoughts after reading through again: 

Sean - You're rocking the swim, that is really good work. Keep it up!

Stacey - I hope that the weather is cooperating with you guys. Those firefighters sure have it rough.

MattTx - Congrats on the race signup. No pressure, but we're expecting big things from you!

TJ - Those were some great pics, really nice stuff.

Mike - How goes the FTP test????

Adrienne - I hope the poison rash itching begins to subside soon. To answer your question, I have always tried to have a goal when running/racing and such, but the over riding goal has been improvement. I guess the race type goals make me happy to hit them or unhappy when I fail, but that is kind of a fleeting thing, since that overall goal is kind of open ended...

I hope everyone is doing well, take care of yourselves and those around you. And smile. The world can always use more smiles.  

But, you, know, No Pressure!

2015-02-04 1:46 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Stacey - I hope that the weather is cooperating with you guys. Those firefighters sure have it rough.

MattTx - Congrats on the race signup. No pressure, but we're expecting big things from you!

Adrienne - I hope the poison rash itching begins to subside soon. To answer your question, I have always tried to have a goal when running/racing and such, but the over riding goal has been improvement. I guess the race type goals make me happy to hit them or unhappy when I fail, but that is kind of a fleeting thing, since that overall goal is kind of open ended...

I hope everyone is doing well, take care of yourselves and those around you. And smile. The world can always use more smiles.  

Nope, no pressure at all!  Just know that we'll totally be online stalking you and your race...  

2015-02-04 2:05 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Nope, no pressure at all!  Just know that we'll totally be online stalking you and your race...  

Guess I better start training... 

Matt

2015-02-04 2:52 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Matt

Topping the strava groups!

2015-02-04 2:56 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Did someone say Strava?!

2015-02-04 3:14 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Matt

Topping the strava groups!

Oh SNAP.  Gauntlet: thrown!

Not likely to happen, mind you, but at least I have an interim reason to go bury (but hopefully not injure) myself. 

You guys are animals is the real problem, here.  Janyne getting all marathon-y. Matt getting his bike on. Ben, Darren, Jonathan, Chris, and on and on all hammering away...

Oh, wait, THAT'S AWESOME! 

Matt

2015-02-04 3:28 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by msteiner

Did someone say Strava?!

Speaking of Strava, I've been meaning to mention it again since I know that Some People received New Gadgets for Christmas and are now technologically able to join us.  Other People are no longer blocked by the Chicago Skyline and thus have little excuse to not join us, especially since Matt TX can GPS!

Monica and Judi, you may recognize yourselves in there.

ETA: You should see an invitation show up soon.

Edited by jmkizer 2015-02-04 3:29 PM
2015-02-04 3:42 PM

User image

Seattle

Wow, there is a really amazing conversation going on right now on social media. 

Lauren Fleshman, per usual, spoke out about the USATF commercial and the Nike sponsorship monopoly in the sport: http://asklaurenfleshman.com/2015/02/usatf-yourwelcome-commercial-the-problem/

Brenda Martinez responded. 

http://instagram.com/p/ysWM78yd8M/?modal=true

Then Nick Symmonds called her response cute but myopitc  in the comments portion. 

2015-02-04 3:56 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Katy, Texas
I don't have a paid account, but my garmin is connected to strava. I don't look at it that often but maybe I will if one of you fine folks could add me?
2015-02-04 3:59 PM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Jet Black I don't have a paid account, but my garmin is connected to strava. I don't look at it that often but maybe I will if one of you fine folks could add me?

Either PM me your email address or go to https://www.strava.com/clubs/manatees and request to join.  The second is probably easier since Chris, etc. can also approve.

2015-02-04 4:18 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Lauren Fleshman, per usual, spoke out about the USATF commercial and the Nike sponsorship monopoly in the sport: http://asklaurenfleshman.com/2015/02/usatf-yourwelcome-commercial-the-problem/

Then Nick Symmonds called her response cute but myopitc  in the comments portion. 

Wow. I agree with Nick Symmonds' sentiment, if not his tone.

2015-02-04 4:20 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Did someone say Strava?!

Speaking of Strava, I've been meaning to mention it again since I know that Some People received New Gadgets for Christmas and are now technologically able to join us.  Other People are no longer blocked by the Chicago Skyline and thus have little excuse to not join us, especially since Matt TX can GPS!

Lol!  Funny you should mention that I received an invite...    

2015-02-04 4:23 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Did someone say Strava?!

I like the Strava feed. It's an easier way to see what our fellow Manatees are doing on a daily basis. Sometimes we even get pictures!

2015-02-04 4:36 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Wow. I agree with Nick Symmonds' sentiment, if not his tone.

Did he delete his comment?  I don't see it.

2015-02-04 4:42 PM
in reply to: #5075498

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
I think it just got bumped by newer posts. If you have IG you can go to Brenda's page and see it if you click on her first picture

2015-02-04 4:56 PM

User image

Seattle

Did someone say Strava?!

I like the Strava feed. It's an easier way to see what our fellow Manatees are doing on a daily basis. Sometimes we even get pictures!

Easier than what?

And what does everyone else like about the combination of social media and tracking their workouts?

I am asking more out of curiosity,  I was just "grilling" my friends about their fitbits. 

I'm always curious about how people are motivated, what is sustainable...how to create community around fitness etc.

2015-02-04 4:57 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by rrrunner I think it just got bumped by newer posts. If you have IG you can go to Brenda's page and see it if you click on her first picture

Oh yeah, definitely still there. He is not the type to take a post down haha

2015-02-04 5:26 PM

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake

Originally posted by Jet Black I don't have a paid account, but my garmin is connected to strava. I don't look at it that often but maybe I will if one of you fine folks could add me?

Either PM me your email address or go to https://www.strava.com/clubs/manatees and request to join.  The second is probably easier since Chris, etc. can also approve.

Aghhh, I should figure this out. I want to join in and have the app on my phone. However, I am going to use winter as my excuse to not log "outdoor" training until I figure it out.
2015-02-04 5:27 PM

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake

Did someone say Strava?!

Easier than what?

And what does everyone else like about the combination of social media and tracking their workouts?

I am asking more out of curiosity,  I was just "grilling" my friends about their fitbits. 

I'm always curious about how people are motivated, what is sustainable...how to create community around fitness etc.

Be careful that could turn into a research thesis quickly!
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 55509 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.