BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-03-12 12:03 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work)

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by melbo55

I'm a little scared that I'm asking a clothing question to this group, but here goes:  knee warmers for biking: over the shorts (outside) or under the shorts (inside) for the overlap?  I finally wore my 'new' knee warmers since my knicker-length, non-lined bottoms bit the big one.  OK, now I'm worried about mentioning knicker-length because that has a different connotation in England and some other places, right?!  Eek.  Uh, think capri length.   FWIW I wore them under after flipping them inside, outside, inside, outside before I settled on inside of shorts.

The one time I wore knee warmers I believe I put them over the shorts.

When?!? Don't lie, we know where you live.

He he, I think it was about 55* one morning I wanted to ride. That's cold. Isn't it?

We're soooooooooo fighting!!

I'm pretty sure that it's now officially official (as opposed to almost official?  Or not quite official?  Or somewhat official?)  We're MOVING by the end of this year.  Neither one of us wants to spend another winter in... well... winter.  Making plans to go check out Austin in either April or May for a weekend.  WOOOOOOOT!!!  

unfair fight!!!!!  Yay to the move!!

Unfair??  No way, José!!  You brought this on yourself with all that oooooh 55* is sooooo cold kind of talk.  I must warn you though, being Canadian and having all things hockey-like ingrained in our DNA, the only way I know how to fight is to pull your shirt over your head and then try to land an upper-cut.  

Ooooh, how much is admission?

2014-03-12 12:10 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by bcraht

I'm a little scared that I'm asking a clothing question to this group, but here goes:  knee warmers for biking: over the shorts (outside) or under the shorts (inside) for the overlap?  I finally wore my 'new' knee warmers since my knicker-length, non-lined bottoms bit the big one.  OK, now I'm worried about mentioning knicker-length because that has a different connotation in England and some other places, right?!  Eek.  Uh, think capri length.   FWIW I wore them under after flipping them inside, outside, inside, outside before I settled on inside of shorts.

He he, I think it was about 55* one morning I wanted to ride. That's cold. Isn't it?

I'm pretty sure that it's now officially official (as opposed to almost official?  Or not quite official?  Or somewhat official?)  We're MOVING by the end of this year.  Neither one of us wants to spend another winter in... well... winter.  Making plans to go check out Austin in either April or May for a weekend.  WOOOOOOOT!!!  

Unfair??  No way, José!!  You brought this on yourself with all that oooooh 55* is sooooo cold kind of talk.  I must warn you though, being Canadian and having all things hockey-like ingrained in our DNA, the only way I know how to fight is to pull your shirt over your head and then try to land an upper-cut.  

That only works if you're both wearing skates. I doubt Hands is going to agree to that. I'm with Kirsten, I want to see this happen. It has to be a neutral place, and I don't mean Switzerland. BTW, I thought Canadians were known for their kindness???

2014-03-12 12:11 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master

That's almost freezing! hehehe

2014-03-12 12:18 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

That only works if you're both wearing skates. I doubt Hands is going to agree to that. I'm with Kirsten, I want to see this happen. It has to be a neutral place, and I don't mean Switzerland. BTW, I thought Canadians were known for their kindness???

We are kind!  And polite!  After we fight (and I win) I'll apologize profusely.   

2014-03-12 12:22 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

I've missed you, Monica!  Like the others, I'd pay admission to this fight.  Big congrats on the plans to move!!  Goodbye snow and ice and cold!

2014-03-12 12:22 PM

Master
Northern IL

Suddenly it seems like all those references were to Canadian men.

And Mon is Canadian with the hockey ingrained who wants to move to Austin? Somehow I don't think the skates will be necessary to make things difficult to stand up.

2014-03-12 12:23 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I am so glad I wasn't drinking when I read this. Ya'll have made my day a whole lot better, thanks for that!

2014-03-12 12:23 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Shooooooooosh!  

(sticking my tongue out at you in a fabulous display of immaturity)  

2014-03-12 1:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Shooooooooosh!  

(sticking my tongue out at you in a fabulous display of immaturity)  

All I know is that I got my run and bike in today JUST before the hail started (and rocked my new Noosa's - me likey).  

Hail.  <sigh>

At least it was almost 40 out.  WOOT!

Matt

2014-03-12 1:11 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

I always wear my leg warmers inside my bib-shorts. 

Looks more than bizarre having just the warmers on before pulling on the bibs, but keeps them up.  The Better Half has no shortage of comments if she's in the room during the kitting up process…  

Matt

2014-03-12 1:13 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

I've seen your JTTD workouts and I am very scared right now! Of course, unlike those dumb hockey players who apparently just sit there with their shirt over their head, I will pull out of it in a heart beat. And then kick you in the knees before running away!

2014-03-12 1:14 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Orlando

Watch out, you may get canadianed with that kind of provocative remark!
2014-03-12 1:16 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Win, ha! You forgot about my new kick and run strategy!
2014-03-12 1:21 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

7 minute run strategy at that WOOT WOOT!!!!!

2014-03-12 1:25 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

I've seen your JTTD workouts and I am very scared right now! Of course, unlike those dumb hockey players who apparently just sit there with their shirt over their head, I will pull out of it in a heart beat. And then kick you in the knees before running away!

Darn you and your speedy running-ness all to heck!  To HECK, I say!!  

2014-03-12 1:34 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Is that anyway for a Canadian to talk? You've been in the states too long

2014-03-12 1:36 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

7 minute run strategy at that WOOT WOOT!!!!!

That's right!!!
2014-03-12 2:01 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Oh the shame!  I've been called out... as punishment I will deprive myself of maple syrup for the rest of the week...  Or maybe just today.  

Sheeeeesh, all this fighting has worn me out!  How 'bout I just come to Florida some time and we have drinks instead??  

2014-03-12 2:03 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

I may or may not have just bought myself a birthday present, much to Tony's dismay... 

bia watch

bia pic

2014-03-12 3:00 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Oh the shame!  I've been called out... as punishment I will deprive myself of maple syrup for the rest of the week...  Or maybe just today.  

Sheeeeesh, all this fighting has worn me out!  How 'bout I just come to Florida some time and we have drinks instead??  

That's a much better plan!
2014-03-12 3:19 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

I may or may not have just bought myself a birthday present, much to Tony's dismay... 

bia watch

bia pic

Nice! What color? happy (early/late?) birthday!!

2014-03-12 3:42 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Rev3 Venice, Nov 7-9. This is the view from the upstairs of the bar where the race is staged:

Sunset is really nice here as well.

2014-03-12 3:47 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

bia watch

bia pic

Nice! What color? happy (early/late?) birthday!!

I got a black one with a black/pink band to go with my Betty gear... though I've also asked if I can buy more strap thingys as they're apparently easily interchangeable.  Having just ordered it yesterday and knowing it won't arrive for a few weeks I'm going through want-it-NOW-itis.  

2014-03-12 3:48 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Rev3 Venice, Nov 7-9. This is the view from the upstairs of the bar where the race is staged:

Sunset is really nice here as well.

Oh muh garsh - that looks FABULOUS!!!  

2014-03-12 4:17 PM

User image

Master
Painting=lots and lots of calf raises. That is all. Now back to regularly scheduled beautiful weather banter.
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED) Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21

Started by McFuzz
Views: 25668 Posts: 509

2014-10-29 11:38 AM McFuzz

Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32

Started by Baowolf
Views: 38300 Posts: 779

2014-05-23 8:02 PM Pink Socks

The Other Way - Training by Feeling and Racing to Train - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12

Started by pfomalont
Views: 18131 Posts: 299

2014-05-19 7:15 AM marriedthepoolguy

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11078 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.