BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-02-06 9:53 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by jmkizer

Radio Shack files for bankruptcy and Lance Armstrong is in trouble again.  Coincidence or not?  Discuss.

Nearly 100 years for Radio Shack. It was a good run, but time has passed them by. Somewhat sad for RS, but not unexpected.

LA is simply sad. He needs to step up like Johnny Manziel and get the help he really needs. And there is a sentence I never thought I would utter.

It's really hard to like or forgive Lance.

Agreed. And you can't deny his talent, but the rest of the package... Well, it is all sad, especially when you factor in LiveStrong. The man is a walking enigma.

Exactly. Such a waste of talent. As for RS, that was a long slow death. The stores have been empty for years. They could have kept up but they chose to stock outdated technologies.

I still don't think he did it

#FreeLance!

2015-02-06 10:00 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by Jet Black I'm still very new to all of this so please excuse my newby questions! But what is the significance of threshold heart rate? Is this the same thing as max or something different?

Here's a link to the article mmmmrrrphs was talking about ... (and some other stuff by Mike Ricci, who was USAT 2013 Coach of the Year).

HEART RATE TRAINING

#1 Mistake: Using formulas from a book or electronic device

-        Mike Ricci: 220 – Age – The TRUTH http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=25733&page=1#

Mike Ricci: http://d3multisport.com/heart-rate-training/defining-triathlon-training-zones-and-paces/

2015-02-06 10:01 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by msteiner

Radio Shack files for bankruptcy and Lance Armstrong is in trouble again.  Coincidence or not?  Discuss.

Nearly 100 years for Radio Shack. It was a good run, but time has passed them by. Somewhat sad for RS, but not unexpected.

LA is simply sad. He needs to step up like Johnny Manziel and get the help he really needs. And there is a sentence I never thought I would utter.

It's really hard to like or forgive Lance.

Agreed. And you can't deny his talent, but the rest of the package... Well, it is all sad, especially when you factor in LiveStrong. The man is a walking enigma.

Exactly. Such a waste of talent. As for RS, that was a long slow death. The stores have been empty for years. They could have kept up but they chose to stock outdated technologies.

I still don't think he did it

#FreeLance!

Now is that the doping? The perjury? The drunk driving? The false report?

2015-02-06 10:09 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by Jet Black
Originally posted by AsalzwedSteve shops at lululemon, remember?

That's funny right there.

There's an inside joke/story behind this.  Really. Ya gotta believe me guys.

2015-02-06 10:10 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Drive by posting..... Went to the cardiologist Thursday, gave the all clear to train again. MMmmmm, currently on a 37 day streak I have been given permission by DW to go on holiday on my own if I pay for her, the cherubs and her friend to go off somewhere. So, I get to go to the south of France in May for a week triathlon training camp I'm going here... http://www.les-stables.com/At £290.00 per week, I think it's a good deal. I'm mainly going for the swim video analysis, but the other training should pay dividends too. I've priced up swim analysis over here in the UK, but By the time you factor in travel, it's not far off half the cost of this week. I can get flights super cheap for this trip also, at only £55.00 return. Super excited. I tried to watch some of that super bowl last week. So boring to me. Apologies if I offend, but I don't get where the excitement comes from. It seems you have a few minutes of setting up for all of 10-20 seconds of action before it has to reset again. Perhaps I'd get it if I were to see a real game with someone explaining what was going on and I'm able to feel when something's heating up. Our "Super Bowl" is happening tonight. The most important match for any Welsh man (and woman). Wales v England at home in Cardiff at Rugby. There will be a few sore heads tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm working, but I'll try to steal a few glances at the game when I can. It's a good job I'm abstaining from alcohol until after my marathon. #Lastly, why is it that dogs think you're playing when trying to put your trainers on to go for a run. At least I got some pre run stretching in, thanks Lucy.

When my mother was new to the U.S., she went with friends to a Stanford University vs. University of California (big rivalry!) football game. About 30min in, she said very loudly (she's deaf), "WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO STOP WARMING UP AND START PLAYING?"

I have heard really good things about the Les Stables folks. I can't remember the context or who said it, but I am absolutely sure. Have a blast!!!

P.S. those of us who remember your drunken marathon in street clothes thank you

2015-02-06 10:12 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by popsracer

Sure, sure...

Actually I dragged DS2 in to a Lululemon recently and was surprised that they have a decent men's section.

2015-02-06 10:34 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Were you wearing these?

http://blog.lululemon.com/a-letter-to-our-guests/

2015-02-06 10:43 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Were you wearing these?

That's funny!!!

2015-02-06 10:53 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Drive by posting..... Went to the cardiologist Thursday, gave the all clear to train again. MMmmmm, currently on a 37 day streak I have been given permission by DW to go on holiday on my own if I pay for her, the cherubs and her friend to go off somewhere. So, I get to go to the south of France in May for a week triathlon training camp I'm going here... http://www.les-stables.com/At £290.00 per week, I think it's a good deal. I'm mainly going for the swim video analysis, but the other training should pay dividends too. I've priced up swim analysis over here in the UK, but By the time you factor in travel, it's not far off half the cost of this week. I can get flights super cheap for this trip also, at only £55.00 return. Super excited. I tried to watch some of that super bowl last week. So boring to me. Apologies if I offend, but I don't get where the excitement comes from. It seems you have a few minutes of setting up for all of 10-20 seconds of action before it has to reset again. Perhaps I'd get it if I were to see a real game with someone explaining what was going on and I'm able to feel when something's heating up. Our "Super Bowl" is happening tonight. The most important match for any Welsh man (and woman). Wales v England at home in Cardiff at Rugby. There will be a few sore heads tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm working, but I'll try to steal a few glances at the game when I can. It's a good job I'm abstaining from alcohol until after my marathon. #Lastly, why is it that dogs think you're playing when trying to put your trainers on to go for a run. At least I got some pre run stretching in, thanks Lucy.

First, I love Lucy!!

Second, I'm jealous of your holiday and your wife's etc holiday (even though I have no idea where it is)

Third, American football is something you either have to grow up watching or learn to love over time.  I have heard people from other countries (Like England and Australia) say that they thought it was sort of namby pamby until they saw a game in person and near field level and saw just how big, fast and strong the players were and how incredibly vicious the hits were.  That changed their minds.  Still, it is definitely not a non-stop game! 

2015-02-06 10:56 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Sure, sure...

Actually I dragged DS2 in to a Lululemon recently and was surprised that they have a decent men's section.

OK, if the truth be known.  I signed up for a big out of town half marathon and showed up to this pre-race function.  It was the only race expo I've ever been to where you could get your nails down, makeup applied , or a vajazzle.

2015-02-06 11:11 AM

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake

Sure, sure...

OK, if the truth be known.  I signed up for a big out of town half marathon and showed up to this pre-race function.  It was the only race expo I've ever been to where you could get your nails down, makeup applied , or a vajazzle.

How awkward was it when you kept going back to volunteer with the last item and security was called?

2015-02-06 11:16 AM

User image

Seattle

Sure, sure...

What Steve fails to mention, is that he loved it so much, he signed up for it again. Musta been the vajazzling. 

But hey, with this view...maybe he's onto something eh?

2015-02-06 11:18 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Seattle

Were you wearing these?

LOL! But yeah, when you attempt to return them, Lulu just says you are too fat. 

*Oh, before anything decides I am an ahole http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2506036/Lululemon-boss-apologizes-saying-fat-thighs-yoga-pants-through.html

Edited by Asalzwed 2015-02-06 11:25 AM
2015-02-06 11:22 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Hey, kids!

I've been busy with Dad the past two days and haven't had the chance to hang out in manatee-land for a bit.  Speaking of manatees, I'm surprised no one mentioned the manatee 'swarm' at Crystal River earlier this week: http://www.businessinsider.com/manatees-invade-three-sisters-springs-florida-2015-2 . A few years ago I was fortunate enough to do a kayak tour in that area and see the gentle beauties in the wild and even saw a young one!  Lovely area.

I'm glad to hear we have more manatees joining in the fun on Strava!  I, too, enjoy having a better visualization of what our pod is doing via maps and pictures.  Cool stuff!

Dad had bloodwork done on Wed. and his counts were good enough to try his new chemo regimen Thurs.  The drug they used in place of the one that socked his platelets last time is one nasty fellow.  They had to administer it over 5 hours to avoid an allergic reaction and took all sorts of other precautions like making him sit in the official chemo chair (he likes to sit in his walker seat, it's easier to get up), having the rescue drugs sitting nearby, monitoring his BP every 5-10 minutes and having me monitor him as well.  Of course they gave him pre-treatment drugs both for nausea and to help prevent a reaction from the new drug, plus he still needed an hour long infusion of his other drug when the 5 hour one was over.  It was a bit scary and stressful, and he admitted he was stressed, too.  Thankfully all went OK.  We were there from 7:45 am-2:45 pm yesterday, a long day for both of us!  Thank you to everyone who has been keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.

2015-02-06 11:27 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Va-WHAT-le?!?!? I know what a bedazzler is, and I kinda think I have no desire to go any further down this thought process!

I have never been more glad to be male.

2015-02-06 11:28 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Were you wearing these?

*Oh, before anything decides I am an ahole http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2506036/Lululemon-boss-apologizes-saying-fat-thighs-yoga-pants-through.html

I was trying to find the earlier link for Steve and I ran across that. WTH were they thinking?!?!

2015-02-06 11:35 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by melbo55

Hey, kids!

I've been busy with Dad the past two days and haven't had the chance to hang out in manatee-land for a bit.  Speaking of manatees, I'm surprised no one mentioned the manatee 'swarm' at Crystal River earlier this week: http://www.businessinsider.com/manatees-invade-three-sisters-springs-florida-2015-2 . A few years ago I was fortunate enough to do a kayak tour in that area and see the gentle beauties in the wild and even saw a young one!  Lovely area.

I'm glad to hear we have more manatees joining in the fun on Strava!  I, too, enjoy having a better visualization of what our pod is doing via maps and pictures.  Cool stuff!

Dad had bloodwork done on Wed. and his counts were good enough to try his new chemo regimen Thurs.  The drug they used in place of the one that socked his platelets last time is one nasty fellow.  They had to administer it over 5 hours to avoid an allergic reaction and took all sorts of other precautions like making him sit in the official chemo chair (he likes to sit in his walker seat, it's easier to get up), having the rescue drugs sitting nearby, monitoring his BP every 5-10 minutes and having me monitor him as well.  Of course they gave him pre-treatment drugs both for nausea and to help prevent a reaction from the new drug, plus he still needed an hour long infusion of his other drug when the 5 hour one was over.  It was a bit scary and stressful, and he admitted he was stressed, too.  Thankfully all went OK.  We were there from 7:45 am-2:45 pm yesterday, a long day for both of us!  Thank you to everyone who has been keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.

Glad to hear your Dad is doing well.  Some of these drugs are amazing and have miraculous results.

The drugs I got were infused over five days.  Fours cycles of it.  Nearly killed me but this stuff has to be fought at a microscopic level.  Hang in there.  All will be well.

2015-02-06 12:17 PM

User image

Seattle

Hey, kids!

Hey! Glad to see some forward progress for your dad, that is great.

2015-02-06 12:23 PM

User image

Melon Presser

Hey, kids!

How funny, I was just gonna post a Manatee Riot link myself

http://mashable.com/2015/02/05/hostile-manatee-pack/

They're stormin' for warmer waters. I totally understand.

Ugh, what an ordeal for your family. Really glad your Dad did well through the grueling regimen. Lots of love and prayer still comin' atch'all.

2015-02-06 12:27 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Seattle

Ah boy, rain in the lowlands and the high. I was hoping to get my workout done down low then head up to the mountains and get out of the rain (and into the snow) but no dice. 

What to do this weekend, what. to. do?

I AM hosting my first Sunday Beer Run, though! I'm hoping people show up (despite the rain)

2015-02-06 12:34 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Were you wearing these?

Lululemon is terrible about this. Sonja Weick, a multiple Ironman AG winner and triathlon coach was told by Lululemon that her thighs are fat (you can cut to the "celebration" section to see what I mean)

2015-02-06 12:35 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Hey, kids!

Glad to hear your Dad is doing well.  Some of these drugs are amazing and have miraculous results.

The drugs I got were infused over five days.  Fours cycles of it.  Nearly killed me but this stuff has to be fought at a microscopic level.  Hang in there.  All will be well.

My niece spent several long days in "the chair". She's recovered and happy now! Prayers for Dad and the fam.

2015-02-06 12:36 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Ah boy, rain in the lowlands and the high. I was hoping to get my workout done down low then head up to the mountains and get out of the rain (and into the snow) but no dice. 

I AM hosting my first Sunday Beer Run, though! I'm hoping people show up (despite the rain)

Saw the post for the run. Yet another reason to visit...

2015-02-06 12:51 PM

User image

Seattle

Saw the post for the run. Yet another reason to visit...

Yes! 

2015-02-06 1:15 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!

A listing of Manatee Races, Rides and Runs and other events

February 7-8
Chris - Sarasota Music Half Marathon  on Sunday
Mike - Valentine's Day 5K on Sunday

Disabled List
Mary - knee/hip/shoulder/TooMuchFoodinLouisiana
Robin - under the weather
Nancy - under the weather

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 55375 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.