BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-09-24 11:59 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by popsracer

Scans yesterday did not go so well.  Small something they saw last time and wanted to keep an eye on is now of greater concern.  Tomorrow doc takes to their tumor board to decide whether to surgically remove or do further testing.  Conversation didn't go so well with this doc.  He starts talking about palliative care over curative care.  I thought that was a bit premature since he was only 50/50 on it being the same thing I had before or something less.  He agreed somewhat and said he was just trying to be realistic.  Either way I didn't think I'd make it this far after the last bout six years ago so am still thankful overall.  All I wanted to do was go for a run which I did when I got home.  It brought me great relief. 

That sux. So sorry to hear it. I'll be praying.

Steve, I too am sorry to read this. But it does seem like you have an attitude and a fight inside of you that won't quit.  Keep running my friend, you are in my thoughts and prayers as well.

2015-09-24 12:11 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Seattle

Scans yesterday did not go so well.  Small something they saw last time and wanted to keep an eye on is now of greater concern.  Tomorrow doc takes to their tumor board to decide whether to surgically remove or do further testing.  Conversation didn't go so well with this doc.  He starts talking about palliative care over curative care.  I thought that was a bit premature since he was only 50/50 on it being the same thing I had before or something less.  He agreed somewhat and said he was just trying to be realistic.  Either way I didn't think I'd make it this far after the last bout six years ago so am still thankful overall.  All I wanted to do was go for a run which I did when I got home.  It brought me great relief. 

Just keep running end enjoying the crap out of right now. He's only 50/50 right now, and I completely understand wanting to be realistic and I hate false hope but until he's 100% keep that chin up. I definitely don't know what you are going through or can even imagine. And I don't want to sound preachy, I just know that time spent worrying is time lost.  One thing at a time. 

2015-09-24 12:29 PM

User image

Master
Falls Church, Virginia

I'm sorry to read this. Your thankful attitude is part of what has given you strength so far, and I'm inspired by it. Keep running, and I'm sending healing thoughts your way!
2015-09-24 1:34 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

So, reviving our cycling announcer conversation....

I had to mute Paul and Christian during the elite men's TT (yes, as always, I'm behind in my viewing).  They were driving me nuts! They mess up names, make statements before they  have the facts (typical journalist) and get loud and excited over everything.  One funny point, though, was when Christian called Paul out for commenting on someone's gearing (Martin maybe?) and that Paul could never have competed at the level of the top TTers.

2015-09-24 1:41 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Darren - Re Straky Music - try Shazam ;-)

Steve - That relay sounds great!  Congrats on winning the division!  So sorry to hear that the scan did not go so well today.  I think that you need to stop scheduling marathons.  :-(  Seriously, I think that you know that we are all thinking of you.

Randee - Power meters - I obsess enough without having one so I know nothing.  Please share what you find out in your research (Ben, Darren, Jonathan, Sean, please share as well!).  What's the scoop on the PowerPod offering?  It's certainly consumer priced!

Salty - What a concentrated XC power look in your picture!  Woo hoo!  I hope that you are feeling better.

Mary - I hope that you are feeling better.

As for me, I'm still alive.  Work is keeping me busy, gosh darn it.

2015-09-24 2:35 PM

User image

Denver, CO

I had to mute Paul and Christian during the elite men's TT (yes, as always, I'm behind in my viewing).  They were driving me nuts! They mess up names, make statements before they  have the facts (typical journalist) and get loud and excited over everything.  One funny point, though, was when Christian called Paul out for commenting on someone's gearing (Martin maybe?) and that Paul could never have competed at the level of the top TTers.

I watched the live streaming from Richmond 2015 for the men's and women's TTT and ITT races.  The main announcer kept mispronouncing names, but other than that, it was pretty good.  He was an Aussie but I don't remember his name.  I hadn't heard of him before.  For the women's race, they also had Rochelle somebody (don't remember her last name), a former pro racer.

2015-09-24 2:55 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by laffinrock

I watched the live streaming from Richmond 2015 for the men's and women's TTT and ITT races.  The main announcer kept mispronouncing names, but other than that, it was pretty good.  He was an Aussie but I don't remember his name.  I hadn't heard of him before.  For the women's race, they also had Rochelle somebody (don't remember her last name), a former pro racer.

Both Christian and Paul are fromer pro racers, obviously Christian more recently by far. Christian is growing on me, I think it's mostly Paul that drives me nuts. Maybe he's being more vocal because Phil isn't involved in the broadcast.

2015-09-24 3:27 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Janyne - No luck with Shazam. I've asked on The Real Starky forum for the name.

Steve - Sorry to hear about the scan results. Stay strong, at least there is hope that it'll turn out good.

Randee - I was looking at the power tap pedals also, looks a lot easier changing them out when compared to the Garmin offering. I currently have a power tap hub, which kind of works ok, but means I'm limited to that wheel whenever I want to record power. Looking at the price of the powertap pedals, and the benefit of swapping them between bikes, when compared to the price of the power to max cranks, couldn't you get two cranks for the price of one set of pedals? Kinda negates the pro's of the pedals if you could. How many bikes are you looking at actually using power on? Another cheap option is the 4iii precision option. You could get three power meters for the price of the pedals.
I imagine, going into winter, that most of your training is going to be on the trainer soon. What is your setup indoors? I think you are on Trainer Road yes? What trainer have you got? Which of your bikes will be on the trainer? Just thinking that maybe if you are going to stick to one bike over the next few months that you could invest in one of the cheaper power meter options for the one bike to see how it works out and upgrade other bikes in the new year.
2015-09-24 5:39 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by IronOx

lit·er·al·ly
'lid?r?le,'litr?le/
adverb

1. in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
    "the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle"
    synonyms:exactlypreciselyactuallyreallytrulyMore

informal
    used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
    "I have received literally thousands of letters"

And this

omg hahaha

and damn, did they "act now" because I don't own America despite my literal crushing of men, women and children (only the decent ones though.)

2015-09-24 10:47 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Sorry to hear this Steve. I'm glad that run helped with dealing with the situation. Your Doc obviously hasn't read the studies on positive attitude and a healthy lifestyle and outlook having a great effect on treatment outcomes. You and your family will be in my prayers.

I also don't mean to give unsolicited advice or get on a band wagon, and I am also still slightly skeptical on the science behind it, but lately I have been reading a bit about sugar feeding cancer tumors and if you remove sugars from your diet then this can have a very positive effect because there is nothing in the system to feed the tumor. (Fructose in whole fresh fruit seems to be an exception to this). I will try and track down the article that I was reading.
2015-09-25 7:05 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Just something I heard that made my day so I thought that I would share

https://www.facebook.com/Melissasoukor/videos/205345896304436/?pnref...

2015-09-25 12:41 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Thank you for being such a great pod.  You all mean the world to me and your loving kindness truly makes a difference.  I believe that things happen for a reason and for the last six years this has made me appreciate and savor every stroke, pedal, and step of what I love to do.  We are all pretty fortunate to be able to do what we do and even more so to have such great friends to share it with.  I'm not going to say much more about it all as I prefer to just carry on. 

2015-09-25 12:58 PM

User image

Seattle

Thank you for being such a great pod.  You all mean the world to me and your loving kindness truly makes a difference.  I believe that things happen for a reason and for the last six years this has made me appreciate and savor every stroke, pedal, and step of what I love to do.  We are all pretty fortunate to be able to do what we do and even more so to have such great friends to share it with.  I'm not going to say much more about it all as I prefer to just carry on. 

Great, Steve.

It's in interesting truth; the relationship of the highs and the lows. 

2015-09-25 1:01 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

September 26-27
TJ - T-wolf Trail 5k XC race on Saturday
Adrienne -  Tehela 5k on Saturday
Monica - Springs Lake Tri on Saturday
Sean - Katy Triathlon at Firethorne on Sunday

Disabled List
Ann-Marie - cranky calf
Mary - recovering from a fall
Monica - back

Steve, just know that we are thinking of you. 

2015-09-25 2:39 PM
in reply to: #5116906

User image

Denver, CO
Have fun, racers!
DLers, what can I say? We gotta stop this silliness.
2015-09-25 2:48 PM
in reply to: #5143122

User image

Denver, CO
Steve, thank you for sharing your insightful perspective. I've definitely found comfort in gratitude and in the support from this amazing pod of ours. Sometimes it's hard for me to see the good things when the bad things seem overwhelming. On those dark days, I really appreciate having a Manatee or ten swimming alongside to help me stay afloat.

2015-09-25 3:28 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

September 26-27

Disabled List
Ann-Marie - cranky calf
Monica - back

Go Racers!!

2015-09-25 3:39 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master

Steve, sorry to hear about your scan.  I have always appreciated your outlook on things; I try to always be grateful for what I am able to do, but yours is a good reminder.  I will keep good thoughts.

Mary, I hope your melon is improving.  

Good luck racers and DL'ers get off of it.  My knee is still a little funny.  I have done three short runs this week, all with my brace on.  There is no pain, but it 'clunks' going up stairs or hills.  I am just going to keep on keeping on--I have had issues before when I have tweaked it and generally if I do strengthening exercises it resolves.  It has definitely improved since it first happened, so it is going in the right direction anyway.  I am lasering it too, although there is minimal, if any, swelling.  

Work is keeping me stoopid busy and unable to check in too often.  Booooo work.  Have a great weekend everyone!

2015-09-25 3:46 PM
in reply to: #5143124

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Race well everyone! And health up, DL. For those that are on neither list, have a great weekend as well.
2015-09-25 4:28 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Racing Manatees!!!

September 26-27

Disabled List
Ann-Marie - cranky calf
Monica - back

Good luck racers and have a great weekend. DL'ers, get well.  I'm predicting a new trail series champ!!

2015-09-25 6:49 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Racing Manatees!!!

September 26-27

Disabled List
Ann-Marie - cranky calf
Monica - back

Go racers, have a great time.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

2015-09-27 3:36 PM

User image

Melon Presser

I love you, man.

{MELON PRESS}

Consider yourself smack-dab on top of my prayer list. Every day until further notice. I don't plan on ever giving you notice

2015-09-27 3:38 PM

User image

Melon Presser

TEEJ, SALTY, and TANGERINES ... hope you killed it! Congrats!

GO JETSON!!! (I think Sean is Jetson, I have no idea what people's names actually are ... )

DL ... many {MELON PRESS}

2015-09-27 3:47 PM

User image

Melon Presser

Every time I come here I am filled with gratitude too ...

THANK YOU. Each one.

Kingsley and I are finally in Germany (though it'll be hectic here too with aNOTHER wedding) slowly beginning to love this place as home. We are doing some house hunting as well, and keeping training up.

Still working full steam trying to keep our family company afloat.

Also doing a lot more coaching now (not earning any money from the company, in fact I put most of my savings in, probably stupid, but oh well ... I'm young, I can always make it again, and this company--the shrimp farms--are really the best and most stable bet for providing for Mutti).

And Oscar, who does pay me on a sliding scale--I don't make any money off him, relatively speaking, but it's really important that he does pay something, whatever he can--for himself most of all. Anyway he keeps me on my toes and pulling my hair out. I'm always getting some real gems from him--heartbreaking, hilarious, humblifying--the whole works.

2015-09-27 4:51 PM

User image

Master

I stalked Adrienne's race... 21:47 for a 1st

Monica took the weekend off to put her toes in the sand.

TJ, how'd your XC go?

Sean will be happy. He killed it...you know, figuratively speaking. 

Highlights:

J off to Orlando all week for a "nerd" convergence...also know as Association of Energy Engineers.  Bought a 2008 Land Cruiser on Friday. Went to see this movie last night for date night. Totally recommend for anyone who loves America's wide open spaces or logistics   Really a beautiful and inspiring journey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnUFKjHQPwo 

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67909 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 28863 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12238 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 38325 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67475 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.