Ironman North America
84F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 14h 29m 46s
Overall Rank = 1622/2397
Age Group = M35-39
Age Group Rank = 257/324
Pre-race routine:

Well in 2007 I included ALL the facts for the weekend. I dont think that is possible this time. So the Highlights of the weekend leading up tto the race are important.

We arrived Friday in Madison after letting Will go to school for half day - we needed it to pack. We were able to punch into the Hilton early - thank goodness. With all our junk and the boys we needed the extra time. When we were done. Registration here we come. It all came back to me as we progressed thru - USAT , Swim / Death waiver, down the stairs, sign your life, weigh in -217 again- go grab the goodies - swim cap, timing chip, posters, etc DONE!!

Then it was time to wander. WE went around the expo, grabbed free stuff and went to the Janus tent. I missed that one in 2007, this year we arrived on time and got hats and jerseys - which we used thru the weekend for little swims and bikes. I had to take a XXL - I was astounded how small sugoi ran - typically I am a L or barely going XL. I must have bulked up or the French are tiny.

The Fri nite Carbo load was fun - videos and hanging out with friends. But the main goal was to get some sleep. Jeanne slept alone , I got motor mover Will for the nite - I did not sleep all that well. But Sat was laid back. I went for a quick AM swim after letting Jeanne sleep in. I wanted to Demo th eBlue 70 suits and sign in for the Kona raffle. I have a full sleeve Helix and love it - the 2009 model makes mine look like childs play. WOW. and they are improving on this for next year.

When I was done - Jeanne went for a swim. I took the kids to the play area - they burnt all their energy in the bouncy room. They just loved it - Luke got blasted by a few big kids but just got up and hit them back. Will has really tuffened up this one. Jeanne went for a ride while we were here. When she was done we lounged a bit and Will and I hit the pool for a short time - He really loves to play.

Afterwards we hit dinner at Biaggio's with the Szatmary's, VaneBerg's, Goehner's and my mother in law. Good Food. The rest of the Donkai were at another table across the room. WE sent DJDavey his bday shots - NA of course.
Afterwards we went home to finalize our bags - my mother in law watched it all in amazement.

SUN SEPT 13th 4:30am -
Jeanne and I woke up early and used the Bathroom as a prep area. It was a bit cramped but a necessity to not wake the wee ones. Our gear went on and our nutrition started. I got pickle juice from hotel the night before and drank about 8 oz. (Cringe!!!!) But it has helped every time avoid cramps and was successful again this day!!! I also prepped for the possible Heat by taking Hammer Nutrition Liquid Endurance. I cannot say if it helped or hurt, but I did not cramp today, that is what matters. For Breakfast, I had a pop tart and some Boost for something more palatable. WE mixed bottles and bagged it all to head down to special needs area and drop bags first. Then it was back to the terrace for bike pump n prep, body marking including the ceremonial right calf EAW. We went inside to the transition area - T1 and T2 bags. The fluid and food necessites were inserted. I used a large garbage bag to haul our mounds of stuff - I felt like santa.

In the end we did a final pee stop. Then on with the wetsuits and off to the helix at 6:30. WE took our Pre Burn and some Hammer Gel on teh way down.

It was a pleasant morning - suppose to be 50's felt like 60's
calm, low humidity. We knew the heat had to be coming
Event warmup:

Just getting to water took time. That was quite a walk to get there and then we swam out to the inside when the pros took off. Jeanne and I lined up about 3-4 deep at the corner all ready to rock. I was anxoius to get going, I wanted to experience the Washing Machine again. EEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWw!!! BOom
Swim
  • 1h 14m 23s
  • 4224 yards
  • 01m 46s / 100 yards
Comments:

I Was all ready to wrestle - boom of the canon and OFF I go. I went full tilt to try to get in with a faster swim drag zone. SO I blasted for less than 30 sec and took on water, got bumped and kicked. THE Panic attack started. I could not breathe normally, I was gasping, frantically. WHY!?!?!? I love OWS, I love the contact. WHY is my world closing in?!?!? WHY WHY WHY!?!?!?!? It did not matter, my body felt it was in trouble. Now, I see why inexperienced swimmers could lose it here and end up drowning. Instead I thought, settle down - your wife needs you to finish this. You did not train for 1 year for 5 minutes! You will finish this - DTFU!

So I tried to Breast stroke - what the hell is that? I have not done that ever in practice. It hurts the knees. I tried - too crowded - so I switched to the doggy paddle - the scooby stroke. It helped. Then a back stroke and doggy again. I eased into the front crawl. Then, I looked at the watch - 4:26 in and finally settled down. I decided it is best to take a slower swim, avoid contact and just kept to inside for entire race. I followed buoys well, but really focused on least amount of contact and being efficient with my strokes. I also focused on catch up drill form to protect myself.

It was hard to follow this plan. There were constant taps at feet, not bad. I had several brushes on my sides that were okay. But the few on top over me did cause lil panics. But there were annoying swimmers. There was one large guy in blue gold sleeveless wetsuit for the first lap. I like to call these swimmers Dory or zig-zag fish. He was all over and kept going inward and back at me, across in front of me and back again. What was worse, we were about same pace, but he kept flailing about. Finally, I found a gap and just pushed past him. Problem solved.

In order to avoid some contact at turns, turn 1 and 2 were a bit stressful, I actually swam under 3 of the remaining turns. I did this in 2007 but came up under swimmers and got beat up by legs. It was not bad this time, just focused on where I need to come up. This was actually easier a few times than the corner itself. Just aimed to the left of everyone else. At the last turn, some guy grabbed my ankle to pull me back - WHY? did that help you set a swim record?

In 2007, I loved to look at the Terrace during the swim. This year I only checked terrace one time - great site, but had to stay focused on swim and not panicking. I still had little anxiety with some bumping, and could not figure out why the body did this to me I AM A GOOD SWIMMER, I LOVE OWS.

I just stuck to swimming - lap 1 in 38 mins, not bad considering my start. The second lap and final tail was under 36 1/2 mins - I was groovin!! I can only imagine if I could have kept pace for whole race and not spent almost 4 mins trying to regain composure. I probably would have hit my goal of 1hr13mins. Oh well I survived - much more important.

What would you do differently?:

Start easier - I think it upped the HR too fast and then took too long to recover to swim
Practice Breast Stroke in case
Try the shore line outside start
Transition 1
  • 20m 17s
Comments:

I finished the swim and Donna Wiz stripped me. this is odd, but I was happy to be out of the water. I stayed with our plan and stood on the side and waited for Jeanne. I was looking for her Green jersey. But realized she was in her swim suit about the same time she came around the corner. After what I went through, I was praying it was better for her. Hopefully I did not place her in bad area. We went up the Helix and she was a runnin. I could barely keep up. Her adrenaline had to be sky high. She finshed in 1hr 20 mins!!!

Into the bag room, it was easy to get our bags being right next to each other. There was no big rush. Just get everything you need and be ready to roll.
WE met in the hallway and went for our lathering. I just wish there was more Sun block at the Gloved goopers. We were both a bit dissappointed, but nothing we can do. I thought in 2007 there was such an an excess. This year the opposite. A quick bathroom break, ran down the racks, and away we go!!!!

Nothing - no big rush but I could have cooked breakfast here
Bike
  • 7h 06m 28s
  • 112 miles
  • 15.76 mile/hr
Comments:

The Plan was for me to stay behind Jeanne the whole time. Keep a non draft position and just cruise at her pace. She had HR goals to maintain to avoid blow ups. Basically, I had pace booty for over 100 miles.

We followed the plan to the first significant hill. I tried to stay on her wheel, but this hurt my feet at a low slow cadence. I needed to climb them like normal. Therefore, I was in front of Jeanne on occassion, but typically only going up hills. I made several stops for her to catch up; typically to grab water. Only once did I find out she almost had a guy crash into her because his chain came off and he almost veered into her.

We did stop for 10 mins at Special Needs. It was a pee and restock bikes break. We did not grab much, but enuff to keep going. It took awhile on the porta lines - but no rush, we were averaging about 17 mph at this point, well ahead of goal.

There were plenty of animals - lots of cows especially. The road kill - deer racoon possum, chipmunk - offered extra viewing bewilderment. There also were those stone piggies - I laughed when I saw them.

Then the most raucous group, the good cheering areas. Blasted up the Tour de france hill both times - felt good. Verona rocks!! Great tunnel of people to fly through. It really helps, problem is on a 7 hour ride, the second pass is a bit quieter. The course gets lonely on the second pass, I wish more people would be out for this portion, but really who wants to see slow bikers. I do remember there was a lady with a sign on the course - "This Hill is Like Good Sex" - "Is it long?" I asked - she said "no - quick and sweet"! We saw Craig out here, the Cowdys a few times, and were cheered on by Travis's parents and sister's family. Always great to see familiar faces on the course; not quite like Spirit of Racine, but still saw Lots of people constantly. Really offers a big boost.

Nutrition went well on the bike. I did not maintain the levels of calories I planned, bvut n the heat I was looking for less. In the end I dumped out 1/3rd bottle of perp with about 10 miles to go, no more or it could effect the run. That I learned in training. Instead, I did grab lots of water bottles and drank more than I originally planned. I really needed it for this heat and blaring sun. I did use a Hammer gel / HEED mix in my aero bottle. My Special needs mix was good, but had to dilute once cause was really strong. I feel I had enough calories for this ride. No qualms about the ride and nutrition – it worked well.

Note for next time - Just enjoy the ride - take your time - save up for the run - I M not going to win - A finish is a good finish! I think racing with Jeanne saved me today. I do not function in heat. By holding back and stoping several times, I definitely enjoyed the ride. There were sore moments, but I was not overly anxious to get off my bike in the end. In 2007, I hammered the last 14 miles because I was tired of riding. This was a pleasant surprise. I think If I raced this alone, I would have blown up trying to keep a faster pace.

Overall, it was an uneventful ride. Which is good, no problems or concerns except we stopped on top of Old Sauk the 2nd time - just to get off bikes. My feet needed a break and she needed a quick massage of her neck. I did call my dad quick to have him let the moms know we would return in about 90 mins - I know, no phones, but it helped our moms tremendously for seeing us. And we did miss our boys a bit. They were so cute - Will was super excited to see us, Luke was sad and pouty - he just wanted his momma and dad.

It was a good ride, I M so proud of Jeanne – she did a great job!!!!

have gel and Heed Separated - I think too many calories here had an effect later.

used to cold weather - needed more hot training - but WI did not offer that this year.

Drink More Water
Transition 2
  • 21m 8s
Comments:

Ahh - off the bike, It was a good ride, not too stressful - we watched HR and kept it at the right level, so plenty in reserve to go running, just need to reduce calries in heat and up the fluids. We grabbed our gear bags and headed into the get naked rooms. I did change shorts to have hip pockets instead of thigh pockets. this way I could carry my bottles easier.

An ART guy worked out my neck a bit. It was tight - probably from the times I had to turn left to find Jeanne after hills. But I was set and found her on the ART table getting groped - massaged! I just laid down and put up my feet. They were worried I was having issues with swelling - no just trying to help circualtion. Jeanne sat there for about 10 minutes. I just laid there and watdched some guy puke about 3 feet from me in the garbage can. I did see him the next day in his Finisher's Shirt - he recognized me as the guy who saw him puke!

I drank another Pre Burn, ready to go, and got our sun block. We did see Amy Jo come out of the Porta and she was off. WE followed in and then off ourselves.

Nothing - there was no rush Just get ready to go and not worry about it.
Run
  • 5h 27m 32s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 12m 30s  min/mile
Comments:

WE started out well. I even had to tell her to slow down a bit – 8:30m/m for the first quarter mile. We saw our Moms and the Boys, so we stopped to say hi and get hugs and pictures. It was great to see friendly faces. We also saw Donna Wiz in the first corner. We think actually every 5 minutes for the first hour we saw someone we knew. It was great having such a fan base and fellow Donkai racing.

We had a plan – run to each aid station and walk 2 mins. It was working great. WE felt good all the way thru to Camp Randall. The exception here – WALK THE FIELD – take it in and enjoy. But pose for the runner picture, it looks great in the end. Out fo Camp Randall and up the street. We saw Terri and Clint on our way up the street. We made the turns into the Park and still feeling good. 5 miles in and the plan is good. Then came Observatory, we just walked it, no reason to do anything else. Why blow the HR early to struggle later. Down we came and onto State Street. WE were holding our plan well. But needed to walk just a tad more after State. We came into the Park and realized the stomachs were not quite right. We did notice a lot of our friends and fellow IM’rs were crawling/walking. We were even told we were looking better than most. But as we made it through Inspirational Mile, It kept unraveling. When we hit mile 10, It was evident that there was a struggle ahead. We just slowed down more. At the turn – about 2:38, we grabbed our Special need bags, but decided to grab very little of our pre mix nutrition. Just sick of it and our stomachs were not what they were 3 hours ago. We were trying everything at this point – Coke, Broth, Gatorade, Water. No real improvement. I saw the Family agagin and hugs and ready to go. I let my Mom know it will be closer to 9:15 for a finish. I was really hoping for a Sub 5hr Mary, but knew the body came first. Thus we slowed. Out for #2. WE continued at our crawl and did notice that going down Sate street heading out that the Sun is right in your eyes if you go around 7pm. WE made it to Camp Randall and were still holding some conversation, but not too much. Then darkness came across the land and the park was upon us soon. Observatory called for a second climb. We had to stop for several minutes to regain composure. The darkness was hard for Jeanne, she would get dizzy, so we would hold hands and I would guide her. I even prayed the Our Father to give her Strength and the Hail AMary to cleanse her pain. I was looking for anything to help.

When lighted areas arose, we were alright. And it helped to see my sister off State Street to start that turn around and again at the end of it. She was our inspiration here.

All over it was dead men walking. Everywhere, they needed MASH units for all those who were fallen. It reminded me of IMFL 70.3 but Florida was more humid and Hotter, Just half the distance. We saw the best runners crawling - Jszat, Force, Ross, Pete, ScottGoehner. We saw more of Travis, Sandi, Phil, and AmyJo. We were all in the same boat; the final struggle of staying upright and alive in the Darkness. In the end,
There were several 6 hr marathons from people I expected would run 4.5 hrs.

The final 6 miles were tough. I actually let it cross my mind that I never want to do this again, this sucks, I want to quit. But a POSITIVE attitude wins out. I was not here to win, just finish and I have 4 hours to cover the rest. There are others who will be out here longer. I have a GOAL – Get Jeanne to the Finish. DTFU!!!! Jeanne and I changed our pacing. I could no longer walk slow and jog, I had to speed walk or jog. So we looked like an odd fighting couple. We spent few moments together form Mile 20 to 24. We would run and then she would walk. I kept walking fast out ahead of her. She would regain running form and then run ahead. Her walking would resume and I would catch her. Then she would run again with me until she had to walk, and then I would afast walk again. Over and over we passed each other and caught each other. Then, for the final miles, we stayed together from Camp Randall in. WE were almost there.

It was a struggle to run, but we did throw in some short stints alternating with walking – closer to 50:5o every mile until the Capitol Square. Then, we walked around the last stretch to the final block. WE jogged to the corner and AGAN, adrenaline Grew. Jeanne and I held Hands. I wanted to walk the final chute to Soak it up. In 2007 IT WAS A BLUR. So I wanted to remember this time. I DO!!! I almost last Jeanne though. She was pulling my arm off as she tried to go faster to the finish. I just held her back and soaked in the lights and sounds. It is as great moment, especially with your spouse. We have shared an event in our lives most people don’t even dare dream about.

WE crossed the line together and We kissed to our ending. It was a hard event and took its toll on many. Including Jeanne, she ended up in the Med Tent. I ended up chasing around the rest of the night.

I was expecting a sub 5 hr marathon - but for the conditions - This was great. I probably should have drank 2 cups of water every station and also separarted the gel for mthe heed. BUT, We followed our plan on staying in our HR zone and not over doing it. It worked!!! WE finished and will always be an Iron Couple!!!
Post race
Warm down:

WE finished and got our finisher picture taken. Then Jeanne ahd to sit down and weventually ended up in the Med tent. I tried to stretch quickly, but ended up cooling down while running aorund for everything. I went like this -

To the Med Tent, back to the room - shower and change - grab tickets to claim bikes and gear - run to med tent to check on Jeanne - she was admitted to a cot- talked to my mothers - ran to run special needs bags. got other bags - back to Hilton and put bags behind the desk - and dropped change of clothes off with Jeanne. Back to finsih line ad grab food, talked to Phil - back to Jeanne, still there in Tent - numb and dizzy. I r4an the boys upstairs with my mom. They went to bed and I ran back for bikes with Travis. We sat at end of racks while volunteer went all the way to the other end for our bikes and pump ( I felt his pain because I did that job last year - not fun to go that far) bakc up to the room and then back to Jeanne. She finally was discharged - My mom ( an ER physician) had a simple question - When did you pee last? So she drank a bit - peed and was fine in 20 mins!

Unreal! that easy onad she was out. I met up with her outside the finisher chute with Donna and we were going to head up, but drmam was occurring. An older couple was waiting for thier son to finish and it was 11:45pm - 15 mins to go. They had never been to a Triathlon before and this was his first. They were worried. So I tied up the shoes and ran out half a mile to see If I could find him #1445. I got all the way out on State street and called Jeanne - He already made the turn and finished! Uggh I missed their reaction and ran an extra half mile to help. There is a cool down. Btw - I had Ice bags on the whole time except the final run.

When we finished our day, we grabbed 2 subs and Gatorade and went to the loung to eat. We were there about 2 minutes before we started a fire with the wrappers on the candle. NOTE: Fire and IM finishers do not work well together.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The Heat!! and lack of training in The Heat!

Here is the Split Breakdown
CHRISTIAN BAUER
BIB AGE STATE/COUNTRY PROFESSION
61 36 NEW BERLIN WI USA TOOTH SPECIALIST / DAD

SWIM BIKE RUN OVERALL RANK DIV.POS.
1:14:23 7:06:28 5:27:32 14:29:46 1621 257

LEG DISTANCE PACE RANK DIV.POS.
TOTAL SWIM 2.4 mi. (1:14:23) 1:57/100m 890 144

FIRST BIKE SEGMENT 40 mi. (2:19:26) 17.21 mph
SECOND BIKE SEGMENT 83 mi. (2:46:15) 15.52 mph
FINAL BIKE SEGMENT 112 mi. (2:00:47) 14.41 mph
TOTAL BIKE 112 mi. (7:06:28) 15.76 mph 1767 284

FIRST RUN SEGMENT 6.35 mi. (1:12:59) 11:29/mile
SECOND RUN SEGMENT 13 mi. (1:22:08) 12:21/mile
THIRD RUN SEGMENT 19.23 mi. (1:23:41) 13:25/mile
FINAL RUN SEGMENT 26.2 mi. (1:28:44) 12:43/mile
TOTAL RUN 26.2 mi. (5:27:32) 12:30/mile 1621 257

TRANSITION TIME
T1: SWIM-TO-BIKE 20:16
T2: BIKE-TO-RUN 21:07

Event comments:

I love Ironman. It is a great Race. I struggled thru this one more than the last. Just like everyone else. I realized in optimal conditions we would have beaten my time from 2007. BUT everyone suffered from the #1 Pro down to the DNF's I one time thought quitting would help, but my goal, #1 Goal, was to get Jeanne to the Finish Line!! and we did. It was a great day, a great moment, a great bonding effort for us.

I will not be back next year, probably not even 2011. But I will be back. I love this. I even told people I M sick in the head cause I love this punishment. It is Fun - even on a bad day. About mile 20 on the run I did not want to do this distance ever again. But if given the chance I would do it every other year for sure. No time goals, just finishing. I will never win, I will never podium, but I will finish, and again I AM AN IRONMAN!!!

Last updated: 2009-01-18 12:00 AM
Swimming
01:14:23 | 4224 yards | 01m 46s / 100yards
Age Group: 143/324
Overall: 888/2397
Performance: Good
Suit: full sleeve Blue70 Helix
Course: Rectangular - 2 loops
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Shot
Water temp: 75F / 24C Current: Low
200M Perf. Bad Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 20:17
Performance:
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
07:06:28 | 112 miles | 15.76 mile/hr
Age Group: 286/324
Overall: 1809/2397
Performance: Average
Wind: Little
Course: Double Loop
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 21:08
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
05:27:32 | 26.2 miles | 12m 30s  min/mile
Age Group: 217/324
Overall: 1371/2397
Performance: Average
Course: double loop - 13 miles relatively flat - some ups n downs
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %0
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-09-16 6:50 PM

User image

Master
piece o heaven
Subject: Ironman Wisconsin

2009-09-16 6:53 PM
in reply to: #2410516

User image

Champion
Michigan
Subject: RE: Ironman Wisconsin

So good to see you and your wife out there. From before the race, after the swim to watching you guys run.  So awesome. Congrats to you both!

2009-09-16 6:54 PM
in reply to: #2410521

User image

Master
piece o heaven

trixie - 2009-09-16 6:53 PM

So good to see you and your wife out there. From before the race, after the swim to watching you guys run.  So awesome. Congrats to you both!

Thanks it was great to see you to!!!

2009-09-16 7:11 PM

User image

Master
Living in the past

Chris, you're good people...running back along the course looking for that one person for his GP's. Congrats to you on notching a second IM and doing it side-by-side with your lovely bride.

I crack up about the pickle juice ritual every time I hear it. Pace booty for 100 miles, what can be better?

I remember seeing those same stone pigs - puzzling to me why someone would choose pigs as a lawn ornament.

Seeing and hanging out with you and Jeanne and the rest of the donks made the event for me.

Congrats again.

2009-09-16 8:06 PM
in reply to: #2410547

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

Force - 2009-09-16 7:11 PM

I remember seeing those same stone pigs - puzzling to me why someone would choose pigs as a lawn ornament....

Hey!  Don't knock the Holstein Pigs!   Craig and I refer to those for our IM Moo bike course trivia question!

Anyways, Chris, I can only say that I BEAT YOU IN SOMETHING!  YES, TRANSITIONS!  WOO HOO!!

It's always great to see the Bauers out in the races.

It sounds like you stuck to your plan and you and Jeanne finished as the IRON COUPLE!!  I bet that was a GREAT moment, indeed!

EEEEEEEAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!

2009-09-16 10:03 PM

User image

Expert
Oak Creek, WI

great race by the two of you...  what an awesome experience that must have been...  also, it was great seeing the two of you at the finish...  i was catching at the finish and came up and congratulated both of you...  but got kind of the 'who the heck are you look...'  so i suppose i'll actually introduce myself first next time...!!!    once again, awesome job...  and congrats...!!!

2009-09-16 10:13 PM

User image

Elite
In The Peleton
Great work Shorty!
2009-09-17 6:12 AM
in reply to: #2410818

User image

Master
piece o heaven

bscharff - 2009-09-16 10:03 PM

great race by the two of you...  what an awesome experience that must have been...  also, it was great seeing the two of you at the finish...  i was catching at the finish and came up and congratulated both of you...  but got kind of the 'who the heck are you look...'  so i suppose i'll actually introduce myself first next time...!!!    once again, awesome job...  and congrats...!!!

Sorry for the look, I think we have met before, just not really with it at the line - more worried about the wifey getting to the med tent

Thank you !!!!

2009-09-17 7:43 AM

User image

The girls and i were on state street until about 9:20pm - i was hoping to see you but they were obnoxious!

Amazing work out there dude. i didn't know she went to the med tent......all i think about is the huge volume you all put in and you still hurt like a mo/fo. ugh......

ok if you're a strong swimmer and had a start like that.......yikes.

way to go!! congrats....
2009-09-17 7:47 AM

User image

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member
"You're really tall"

Heh.

It was so good to see you guys again! Nice job. It was a tough day out there. And the swim! I totally agree! I love to swim and I hated every last moment of that washing machine! And I also had the same thought... "I can see how people panic in the IM swim start."

Nice job!
2009-09-17 8:28 AM

User image

Regular
Waukesha
Great job Chris.  You and Jeanne should be very proud of this accomplishment.

Can I borrow your pace booty for IM MOO 2010?

2009-09-17 9:12 AM

User image

Master
Delafield, Wisconsin
Congrats Chris. Sounds like an awesome experience (in a painful kind of way) Glad that you got to fully soak in the day.
2009-09-17 9:52 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Madison-ish, Wisconsin
Awesome Job!  Made especially more so by the fact that you did it together!
2009-09-17 7:55 PM

User image

Veteran
Chicago and therabouts

Chris, good to see you again this year as in 07.
What a phenomenal  experience you guys had!
Congrats on an amazing day!

JT

2009-09-17 8:02 PM

User image

Elite

Perfectly executed race plan.  I wish I had hung back with you and your wife.  Maybe I'd of had another finishers medal.  Great job despite the hot conditions.  Very nice to meet you this weekend.

2009-09-18 9:41 AM

User image

Elite
West Allis, WI
Chris great race! The fact that you and Jeanne were able to do this together will give the two of you a bond that not many will have! It was great cheering you all on! EEEEEAAAAAAWWWWWsome job!

2009-09-18 9:54 AM

User image

Master
Waukesha, WI
So cool that you did this with your honey.  Great report.  Congrats on another IM.
2009-09-22 1:49 AM

User image

New user
Great job to you and the wife!  I applaud you both for being committed to this event and the challenges it created for your training.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Ironman Wisconsin Rss Feed