Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Lost, 05/04 (Spoilers!) [Seriously do not read until you've watched.] Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2010-05-05 11:49 AM
in reply to: #2837508

User image

Master
North Alabama
Subject: RE: Lost, 05/04 (Spoilers!) [Seriously do not read until you've watched.]
I did find it neat that Jack figured it all out, but considering he was wrong w/ Julliet before, I can easily see why nobody trusted him.

It's like the "Richard and the dynamite" deal. Locke can't kill the candidates. He has to make the others do it, like he did with the sub and the bomb. Very clever.

And of course, Sawyer would be the last to trust him after the Julliet thing...

But my questions, why was the plane and sub not guarded more than it was. Widmore had of known they were coming, yet left it open and "easy"? Very interesting.

And the finale, being 2.5hrs ought to clear lots up!

2010-05-05 12:38 PM
in reply to: #2838624

User image

Pro
Texas
Subject: RE: Lost, 05/04 (Spoilers!) [Seriously do not read until you've watched.]
Gaarryy - 2010-05-05 11:29 AM

Is the pilot really dead.. Lapidius(sp), I was pretty sure that he ended up dying just like the subs captain, but maybe he's still alive... after all if the rest of them are getting off the island or even windmores group, there is no more sub but there is a plane.

or is that the reason we found out the sideways locke was a pilot, he kicks the smoke monster out of his body and they all fly off???
   then again he did crash his own plane so maybe not.

I think you're onto something there.
2010-05-05 12:57 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

This is a long shot but I think that it all will come down to Desmond. We will be left with Flocke and 1 or 2 candidates who are still alive and at some special place in the island (jacobs statue, the lighthouse, new place???) it will come down to a decision made by Desmond as to who is going to win and who is going to loose. He picks Flocke and the energy which keeps him in check goes away and he can escape, he picks the other candidate (Jack? Hurley?) and they are bestowed with the abilities of Jacob and can now contain Flocke/MIB. Probably wont explain why Desmond is the one to choose but there is certainly a lot to work with in his backstory/material. Probably wont show much after the choice or even explain what made the candidates, candidates in the first place.

Just my guess at how random and off in the wild blue yonder this show seems to be every time I watch it. There has to be something really special about Desmond though and I don't think he is done yet.

2010-05-05 1:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Williamsburg, Virginia
Are we sure Sayid is dead? He was dead once before and came back.
Just a thought.
2010-05-05 1:00 PM
in reply to: #2838937

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albuquerque
bel83 - 2010-05-05 10:57 AM

This is a long shot but I think that it all will come down to Desmond. We will be left with Flocke and 1 or 2 candidates who are still alive and at some special place in the island (jacobs statue, the lighthouse, new place???) it will come down to a decision made by Desmond as to who is going to win and who is going to loose. He picks Flocke and the energy which keeps him in check goes away and he can escape, he picks the other candidate (Jack? Hurley?) and they are bestowed with the abilities of Jacob and can now contain Flocke/MIB. Probably wont explain why Desmond is the one to choose but there is certainly a lot to work with in his backstory/material. Probably wont show much after the choice or even explain what made the candidates, candidates in the first place.

Just my guess at how random and off in the wild blue yonder this show seems to be every time I watch it. There has to be something really special about Desmond though and I don't think he is done yet.

Not sure about the specifics, but I think you're right in saying that Desmond will be really important in these last few episodes.  Sayid's last words were to tell Jack that Desmond was alive, where Desmond was, and that they would need him.  I think this is really important.  Desmond obviously got through to zombie-Sayid and made him understand what was happening on the island, in some way... and Sayid recognized that when he was willing to sacrfice himself to save the others.
2010-05-05 1:01 PM
in reply to: #2838944

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albuquerque
LSU2003 - 2010-05-05 11:00 AM Are we sure Sayid is dead? He was dead once before and came back.
Just a thought.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. "There is no more Sayid."  Kind of hard for some kind of spirit monster (or whatever it was) to inhabit a body that was blown to bits inside a sunken submarine. 

2010-05-05 1:06 PM

User image

Regular
Pretty much speechless after that episode. I had been waiting for at least one more of the main people to die, but never thought it would be 4 people at once. I like some of the ideas that have come up. I am curious how they tie Ben and his crew back into all of this. 
2010-05-05 1:10 PM
in reply to: #2838967

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albuquerque
chriswebb86 - 2010-05-05 11:06 AM Pretty much speechless after that episode. I had been waiting for at least one more of the main people to die, but never thought it would be 4 people at once. I like some of the ideas that have come up. I am curious how they tie Ben and his crew back into all of this. 

(sorry, I know I'm posting a lot..)

We saw Jack, Sawyer, Hurley, and Kate get back to the beach... but we don't know which meach they are on.  Are they back on the main island now?  Back on Hydra Island?  My guess is that they are now back on the main island, and will somehow run back into Miles, Ben, and Richard.  Flocke and Claire are still on Hydra island near the docks- and we know Widmore is there too, in the abandoned research station.  I think this is setting up the Flocke/Widmore battle that we are sure to see.
2010-05-05 1:14 PM

User image

Master
Denver
I think Desmond will be important but won't do any choosing or anything.  I think he's going to have something to do with bridging the island world with the sideways world.  Seems like all the 'candiates' seem to be gathering together a lot more and Jack seems to think something might be up with that flight...

And we never saw Lapidus actually die so I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up again, especially seeing how the plane is still intact.

Did anyone notice the song that Claire's musicbox played was once again "Catch a Falling Star"?  Wonder if that's somehow important?
2010-05-05 1:23 PM

User image

Champion
Bellingham, Washington
The Sub sinking and people escaping....(but none of the sub sailors made it).  I thought the pressure of the water come in would be to intense......I know it's Hollywood.  Creative License.

Never Mind.

I have no idea how this show is going to end , and/or make people feel good with the ending.

Unless they have this be something like a Walt Dream (or Vincent)(St Elsewhere/Newhart Shows
2010-05-05 1:25 PM

User image

Master
Winder, GA
Didn't Sayid say to Jack right before he ran off and got blown up that Desmond was in a hole and he (Jack) was going to need him because it's gonna be him? Meaning he's the one that will be the "new" Jacob? Maybe not but that's how I heard/saw it.

I was mad that Jin and Sun died. I get that Jin didn't want to leave his wife but it seemed so selfish to commit suicide knowing they have a beautiful little girl at home.

2010-05-05 1:28 PM
in reply to: #2839040

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albuquerque
autigers_1998 - 2010-05-05 11:25 AM Didn't Sayid say to Jack right before he ran off and got blown up that Desmond was in a hole and he (Jack) was going to need him because it's gonna be him? Meaning he's the one that will be the "new" Jacob? Maybe not but that's how I heard/saw it.

I was mad that Jin and Sun died. I get that Jin didn't want to leave his wife but it seemed so selfish to commit suicide knowing they have a beautiful little girl at home.

Yeah.  From the Lost Wiki:

Sayid told Jack that Desmond was in a well on the main Island, and that he must be saved. When Jack asked him why he was telling him this, Sayid replied, "Because it's going to be you, Jack."
2010-05-05 1:46 PM
in reply to: #2838949

User image

Pro
Texas
megtrow - 2010-05-05 1:01 PM

LSU2003 - 2010-05-05 11:00 AM Are we sure Sayid is dead? He was dead once before and came back.
Just a thought.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. "There is no more Sayid."  Kind of hard for some kind of spirit monster (or whatever it was) to inhabit a body that was blown to bits inside a sunken submarine. 

Technically, TSM isn't inhabiting a dead body, he's taking the form of a dead person.
2010-05-05 1:57 PM
in reply to: #2839040

User image

Champion
the colony texas
autigers_1998 - 2010-05-05 1:25 PM Didn't Sayid say to Jack right before he ran off and got blown up that Desmond was in a hole and he (Jack) was going to need him because it's gonna be him? Meaning he's the one that will be the "new" Jacob? Maybe not but that's how I heard/saw it.

I agree, but how would you live with yourself knowning you left the love of your life (again) to die alone.  Those were my thoughts during that scene. Children grow up and go on to live thier lives, your spouse is there after that and forever.  Tough choice with no good answer
2010-05-05 1:58 PM

User image

Elite
Muskego, WI

I don't get the presence or motives of widmore, or the presence of Desmond, so given that, here's where I'm at...

Somehow, the "sideways" world becomes the future moving forward.  After all, unless I'm mistaken, everyone is somehow "better off" in the sideways world than they were otherwise, right?  Jack has solid relationship with son and is a well-adjusted MD.  Sawyer = Cop.  Kate = somehow not a killer.  Jin/Sun =  freeing themselves from clutches of her father.  Locke = great and respected teacher and has a relationship with his father.  Hurley = not plagued by bad luck and pursuing Libby. Claire = inheriting and hopefully keeping Aaron.

So, it ends ultimately with a scene with unLocke and either Jack or Desmond (not sure on the part of "Jacob") sitting beneath the statue, aware that there was a sideways world that now "is".  Jacob cooks a fish and unLocke walks up and tells him how much he hates him.  A scene mirroring the past introduction of Jacob and Man in black.  Jack or desmond participates in the sideways world and the island world similar to Jacobs actions with the Oceanic 6.

Holes...in sideways world island is underwater.  What is widmore's part in all of this?  I'm sure I'm missing other details? 

2010-05-05 2:10 PM
in reply to: #2839029

User image

BellinghamSpence - 2010-05-05 11:23 AM

The Sub sinking and people escaping....(but none of the sub sailors made it).  I thought the pressure of the water come in would be to intense......I know it's Hollywood.  Creative License.

Never Mind.

I have no idea how this show is going to end , and/or make people feel good with the ending.

Unless they have this be something like a Walt Dream (or Vincent)(St Elsewhere/Newhart Shows

Have to admit this was a cheesy plot point. If the bomb blew a hole big enough for people to swim thru in teh sub, without a bulkhead that sub would have been full of water very quickely (but then we wouldn't have the Sun/Jin scene). And that they knew exactly where to swim and that there was an exit hole..... I will only suspend my disbelief so far, say, for time travel and smoke monsters and such.

2010-05-05 2:14 PM
in reply to: #2839178

User image

Pro
Texas
morey1 - 2010-05-05 1:58 PM

I don't get the presence or motives of widmore, or the presence of Desmond, so given that, here's where I'm at...

Somehow, the "sideways" world becomes the future moving forward.  After all, unless I'm mistaken, everyone is somehow "better off" in the sideways world than they were otherwise, right?  Jack has solid relationship with son and is a well-adjusted MD.  Sawyer = Cop.  Kate = somehow not a killer.  Jin/Sun =  freeing themselves from clutches of her father.  Locke = great and respected teacher and has a relationship with his father.  Hurley = not plagued by bad luck and pursuing Libby. Claire = inheriting and hopefully keeping Aaron.

So, it ends ultimately with a scene with unLocke and either Jack or Desmond (not sure on the part of "Jacob") sitting beneath the statue, aware that there was a sideways world that now "is".  Jacob cooks a fish and unLocke walks up and tells him how much he hates him.  A scene mirroring the past introduction of Jacob and Man in black.  Jack or desmond participates in the sideways world and the island world similar to Jacobs actions with the Oceanic 6.

Holes...in sideways world island is underwater.  What is widmore's part in all of this?  I'm sure I'm missing other details? 

I've long since stopped trying to predict what's going to happen, because it will drive you up a f*cking wall.
2010-05-05 2:26 PM

User image

Veteran
Highland CA
Jin is still alive in the alternate timeline.
2010-05-05 3:02 PM

User image

Pro
Texas
2010-05-05 3:27 PM

User image

Elite
the desert
morey1 - 2010-05-05 11:58 AM

I like where you're going with this.. the choice may come to some awareness of the sideways world and someone "choosing" which world the Losties end up in. Someone will remain behind on the island to continue the black/white, good/evil, ying/yang thing going on
2010-05-05 3:33 PM
in reply to: #2839488

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Fitzy - 2010-05-05 3:27 PM

I like where you're going with this.. the choice may come to some awareness of the sideways world and someone "choosing" which world the Losties end up in. Someone will remain behind on the island to continue the black/white, good/evil, ying/yang thing going on

I wonder if someone will HAVE to stay behind to jkeep the balance... maybe that's how MIB got stuck there.

x2 on what Johnny said about attempt to predict this show driving you crazy

2010-05-05 5:14 PM

User image

Regular

I can really see something like this happening.
2010-05-05 6:19 PM

User image

Buttercup
It was nice to see Sayid redeem himself.

I suspect Claire will become the new MIB. She keeps getting left behind; she's gotta be pretty PO'd about it.
2010-05-06 8:10 AM

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL
Desmond is "The Constant" (an episode title in Season 4 about Desmond).  He's the one that is going to bring the two realities together.

I belive the MIB/Locke only "needs" one of the candidates.  It's going to come down to Sawyer/Jack/Hurley.  I think two of the others will die at some point. 

What about the kid that MIB/Locke keeps seeing?  That's got to have some meaning.

It's really unimportant if Miles is alive but they had better bring some closure to Ben's storyline.

I really did not see 4 people getting killed off in one episode coming.  The scene with Sun & Jin reminded me of the scene in "The Abyss" where Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio "drowns" as Ed Harris has to watch.  Really moving.

Next week's episode looks AWESOME.  To bad I'm on vacation and will have to wait 2 weeks !!!!

Edited by TriRSquared 2010-05-06 8:13 AM
2010-05-06 8:43 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albuquerque
Wow... weren't Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sawyer the four people that were on the list the Others had way back in Season 2?  When Michael betrayed them, remember??  
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Lost, 05/04 (Spoilers!) [Seriously do not read until you've watched.] Rss Feed  

of 4