United States
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Not a timed event, just an opportunity for women to get out and challenge themselves and have fun being active while raising money for breast cancer awareness.

I did this event with 6 of my ice hockey teammates and the one's 19 year old daughter, so 8 of us total in the group.

We had nice looking team shirts made up that on the back read, "For Tits and Giggles, Dirty Girl Mud Run 2016, Team Black Widows" and had two muddy hand prints near our bosoms on the front.
Event warmup:

Walking back and forth from the cars to registration to the cars to the event start.
Run
  • 00m
  • 5 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

15+ obstacles and lots of mud! Mud in between obstacles, often quite deep, made running virtually impossible in many places, not that our intention was to run. Not everyone in the group is a runner, so we mostly walked to accommodate those folks but did some easy running here and there.

Most obstacles were pretty easy, I don't think the intention is for this to be a difficult event but rather one that is inclusive yet challenging for some folks. We did all but one obstacle which had a HUGE backlog that we really didn't want to wait in, I'm sure it would've been longer than 1/2 hour. Probably close to half of the obstacles had waits of varying times.

It was a very pretty day and the sun was out, which is a true rarity and treat these days!

I saw a 2.5-3' black snake on the bank of a small pond and freaked some of the other runners out when I showed it to them. I tried to get a pic of it but it was camera shy and slithered into the water.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. My intention was to have a fun day with my friends and not get hurt for my first tri of the season next weekend and both goals were accomplished! Actually, no one got hurt which is a big bonus!
Post race
Warm down:

Got beer at the race site. What a surprise, the Black Widows drinking beer?! ;) After that we got cleaned up as best as possible with the hoses provided and changed clothes, then headed to Chili's for food, mainly guacamole, which the one girl was madly craving and talking about all race! We totally destroyed multiple baskets of tostada chips, salsa and guac. I hardly touched my meal, so it went along home to be eaten later.

It was a great day to be outside (we thankfully cleared out before the storm hit) and a wonderful day spent with friends. I love my Widows!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2016-03-21 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 05 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: 15+ obstacles and lots of mud!
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2016-05-16 9:50 AM

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: Dirty Girl 5K Mud Run

2016-05-16 11:40 AM
in reply to: #5181992

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Dirty Girl 5K Mud Run

You girls are WAY TOO CLEAN for having finished a Dirty Girl. You need to go back and look at my after pic from the one in Denver

Glad you had a good time. Sad that there were backlogs. I don't recall having to deal with that .

2016-05-16 1:32 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by rrrunner

You girls are WAY TOO CLEAN for having finished a Dirty Girl. You need to go back and look at my after pic from the one in Denver

Glad you had a good time. Sad that there were backlogs. I don't recall having to deal with that .

The mud dried to a color that was not far off from our skin tone, plus one of the last 'obstacles' was wading through a thigh-deep pool of cold water which somewhat removed some of the mud.  Two of our girls owned the getting muddy process by rolling in it every chance they got and are very, very muddy!

2016-05-16 1:43 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Congrats on a fun day! Yippie for beer!

2016-05-16 1:45 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by melbo55

The mud dried to a color that was not far off from our skin tone, plus one of the last 'obstacles' was wading through a thigh-deep pool of cold water which somewhat removed some of the mud.  Two of our girls owned the getting muddy process by rolling in it every chance they got and are very, very muddy!

We had the "rinse" pool as the last obstacle too, and still looked like this at the end.

(dirty girl finish.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
dirty girl finish.JPG (286KB - 17 downloads)
2016-05-16 1:53 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Pennsylvania

We had the "rinse" pool as the last obstacle too, and still looked like this at the end.

Wow, you really did take getting muddy seriously!!!

2016-05-16 1:58 PM

User image

Master
Falls Church, Virginia
Looks like such a fun day!
2016-05-16 2:13 PM
in reply to: Atlantia

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I'm glad that you had fun!  It looks like everyone had a great time!

2016-05-16 3:05 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Wow, you really did take getting muddy seriously!!!

One of our last obstacles was to army crawl through a small tube. Our heads were barely above the mud/water

2016-05-16 3:10 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado
haha this looks like an awesome event! I'm glad you had fun
2016-05-16 3:36 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Master
Orlando

Looks and sounds like you had a great time.  Any event that has beer at the end is a good event

2016-05-16 3:38 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Racing, beer and teammates!  Wins all around!

Congrats on what sounds like a super fun day.

Matt

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Dirty Girl 5K Mud Run Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Dirty Girl Mud Run

Started by rrrunner
Views: 1190 Posts: 7

2014-09-24 2:51 PM amd723

Dirty Girl Mud Run

Started by Joe Runner
Views: 1365 Posts: 1

2012-08-21 5:01 PM Joe Runner

Dirty 6 Mud Run

Started by Eviljosh
Views: 1003 Posts: 1

2009-05-26 11:41 PM Eviljosh

Dirty 6 Mud Run

Started by Rocknfire
Views: 1129 Posts: 1

2009-04-25 9:28 PM Rocknfire

Dirty 6 Mud Run

Started by bryancd
Views: 1889 Posts: 9

2009-05-20 5:55 PM Artemis
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 17, 2010
author : mjfewell
comments : 3
In November of 2000, I noticed that I was losing the feeling in my toes. The sensation traveled up my body and within a week, I was nearly 80% paralyzed.

date : October 30, 2005
author : acbadger
comments : 0
First, with your upcoming 5K, I strongly advise you to check out the “Couch to 5K” training schedule. This training schedule is a GREAT way to get back into running safely and wisely.
date : October 2, 2005
author : Team BT
My first reaction to wearing a skirt while running was, “are you crazy?” I am no girly girl. I then tried one of the newest skirts from Nicole DeBoom’s TRIKS line and I can tell you I’m hooked.

date : October 24, 2004
author : tri-en
If you are like many runners you may be frustrated at racing 5K distances and never being able to run them faster. Improve your race pace with this flexible 12 week program.
date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 6
Couch to 5k programs for those starting from square one.

comments : 12
This aggressive couch to 5k program will get you running from nothing and will be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.
comments : 2
This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.

comments : 2
Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.