Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 74

2021-01-14 9:30 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Denver, Colorado
Subject: RE: Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!!
Originally posted by Hot Runner

Oregon is supposed to start "Group 1B"--which includes teachers and people over 65 (or 75??) so theoretically my mom and I on January 23. Have heard nothing about how they will organize appointments or shots for seniors; I think the district is organizing it for employees. Will believe it when I see it since our county (with about 380,000 people) was somehow allocated only 100 doses this week. Starting to wonder if things might be disrupted if civil unrest gets out of hand. At least we are not in a state capital anymore!

Fingers crossed! It would be fantastic if both, you and your mom get the vaccines!

2021-01-14 1:09 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Expert
Originally posted by amd723

Janyne and Jim and anyone else who uses The Sufferfest, did you see the announcement of the tour stages? Holy moly! I’m scheduled to be in WNC during tour time, so I won’t get to participate in all the “fun”. Are you doing it?

I'm planning on doing the tour, but have not seen the course. It will be a great bike boost for me. Even in the years I couldn't participate in every stage it was great for bike conditioning.
2021-01-14 1:19 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella

Janyne and Jim and anyone else who uses The Sufferfest, did you see the announcement of the tour stages? Holy moly! I’m scheduled to be in WNC during tour time, so I won’t get to participate in all the “fun”. Are you doing it?

I'm planning on doing the tour, but have not seen the course. It will be a great bike boost for me. Even in the years I couldn't participate in every stage it was great for bike conditioning.

I just told Coach P that I plan to do it. 

2021-01-14 2:52 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Expert
Originally posted by jmkizer

I've seen the stages and YIKES!
Stage 1 will be painful.
Stage 2 ok,
Stage 3 Fight Club is one of my favorites.
Stage 4 is horrible half is easy destroys me, and then follow that with The GOAT.
Stage 5 I'm concerned/intrigued. It will probably be the first time any of us will get to ride it and there is a lot of red and yellow on the ride chart.
Stage 6 is ok.
Stage 7 Defender followed by Attacker is going to be horrible. I might need to take an ice bath after that.
Good luck on the tour, and enjoy your suffering.
2021-01-14 3:20 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Orlando

I've seen the stages and YIKES! Stage 1 will be painful. Stage 2 ok, Stage 3 Fight Club is one of my favorites. Stage 4 is horrible half is easy destroys me, and then follow that with The GOAT. Stage 5 I'm concerned/intrigued. It will probably be the first time any of us will get to ride it and there is a lot of red and yellow on the ride chart. Stage 6 is ok. Stage 7 Defender followed by Attacker is going to be horrible. I might need to take an ice bath after that. Good luck on the tour, and enjoy your suffering.

2 years ago I did my first Tour. It had yoga and mental toughness along with the rides. It was hard, but a lot easier than last year’s tour and this year’s is even worse! I guess some crazies complained the yoga tour was too easy, so no more “easy” tours! I’m both sad and relieved I will be out of town for this year‘s edition!

Edited by amd723 2021-01-14 3:21 PM
2021-01-14 4:56 PM
in reply to: #5273965

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Janyne, I've heard good things about Southern Gravel. I have never attended a race of theirs, but friends have, and they were adamant I go.

Regarding pet insurance...YES! It makes super hard decisions so much easier.

Zink (the be y.o. Bahama rescue) had rear knee surgery in April ($3500) and it covered 80%. James (the goodish man @ 11 y.o.)is in the midst of a possible lung cancer diagnosis & may need a lung lobe removed (approx $4k) and his insurance will cover 70%.

2021-01-15 9:14 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Denver, Colorado
Happy Friday everyone! Have a great and productive weekend!
2021-01-15 9:17 AM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Denver, Colorado
I have just read about an earthquake in Indonesia... Yanti! I hope your friends and family are safe!
2021-01-15 12:31 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Happy Friday.Happy GoJo start.Happy MLKing weekend.
2021-01-15 2:13 PM

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Originally posted by marysia83

Happy Friday everyone! Have a great and productive weekend!

Ditto!

And I hope you and yours are OK Yanti!
2021-01-17 2:35 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Robin, I am so sorry to hear that Kokua has left ups. 

Your sweet boy will be missed.

{{hugs}}

2021-01-17 7:40 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

{{hugs}}

Thanks. This one is really hard. He was only 19 months old.

Please give Zoe a huge hug for me!
2021-01-17 8:31 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by fortissimo

{{hugs}}

Thanks. This one is really hard. He was only 19 months old.Please give Zoe a huge hug for me!
Oh no, I’m so sorry! It hurts at any age, but that young just isn’t fair!
2021-01-18 12:20 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

{{hugs}}

Thanks. This one is really hard. He was only 19 months old.Please give Zoe a huge hug for me!
Such a sweet boy. I am so, so sorry.
2021-01-18 5:28 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
So sorry to hear about your fur child! It's always sad but so much harder to lose them when they're young.
2021-01-19 8:53 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

{{hugs}}

Thanks. This one is really hard. He was only 19 months old. Please give Zoe a huge hug for me!

So sorry to see this Robin, my condolences. 

2021-01-19 8:55 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Week 1 mid week check in. How goes it JoGoers? I am half way to my weekly goal, with a few rides on the schedule, so I should be good. And after a trip tp Mt Dora this weekend, I've hit my elevation goal for the entire challenge  Take that Janyne!

2021-01-19 8:59 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by cdban66

Week 1 mid week check in. How goes it JoGoers? I am half way to my weekly goal, with a few rides on the schedule, so I should be good. And after a trip tp Mt Dora this weekend, I've hit my elevation goal for the entire challenge  Take that Janyne!

"Mount" Dora.

I'm doing pretty well. I'm up-to-date on my workouts.  I need to be sure to the that fourth mobility workout of the week in this week and I really need to nail my bike workouts if I'm going to to Tour of Sufferlandria next month.

2021-01-19 9:02 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

"Mount" Dora.

I'm doing pretty well. I'm up-to-date on my workouts.  I need to be sure to the that fourth mobility workout of the week in this week and I really need to nail my bike workouts if I'm going to to Tour of Sufferlandria next month.

500+ feet of punchy climbing!!!!! WooHoo. 

OK, I don't think any one "climb" topped 30 ft, but who is going to argue semantics? That is nearly as much elevation as I see in a year here in Englewood.

Edited by cdban66 2021-01-19 9:03 AM
2021-01-19 9:08 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

im just signed up for the strength challenge and am on target. I am in a weight loss challenge in another group - didn’t do that as a jogo b/c weigh ins are off and I only want to step on the scale 1x per week!, and I am doing well with it, so yay!

2021-01-19 9:10 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

"Mount" Dora.

OK, I don't think any one "climb" topped 30 ft, but who is going to argue semantics? That is nearly as much elevation as I see in a year here in Englewood.

Hey, don’t sell Mount Dora short, it is a lot of climbing for flatlanders! But, you need to start in Clermont and ride to Mount Dora so you can get the real Florida hill experience!

2021-01-19 9:25 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

"Mount" Dora.

Hey, don’t sell Mount Dora short, it is a lot of climbing for flatlanders! But, you need to start in Clermont and ride to Mount Dora so you can get the real Florida hill experience!

We had MTB's this weekend, so the fun was had at Lincoln Avenue Community park. We did a few laps, and skipped a bunch as well. I figure there are 5 miles + of feature rich trails. I have some video I have to edit, because I'm sure you need to watch as I can't figure out how to get between two trees and I just fall over. It was enjoyable enough that I want to be back at some point.

Apopka for gravel just down the road will be later this year. And yes, a number of roadies around here go up there for "hill training" every now and again.

Edited by cdban66 2021-01-19 9:26 AM
2021-01-19 9:26 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

"Mount" Dora.

I'm just teasing!

2021-01-19 9:30 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

"Mount" Dora.

We had MTB's this weekend, so the fun was had at Lincoln Avenue Community park. We did a few laps, and skipped a bunch as well. I figure there are 5 miles + of feature rich trails. I have some video I have to edit, because I'm sure you need to watch as I can't figure out how to get between two trees and I just fall over. It was enjoyable enough that I want to be back at some point.

Apopka for gravel just down the road will be later this year. And yes, a number of roadies around here go up there for "hill training" every now and again.

I know that Clermont has it's share of hills.

2021-01-19 11:47 AM

I'm a day behind on workouts, but doing ok otherwise. Busy week with all the things going on. I found out on Friday that our local pool is back open without reservations, so it'll be much easier to get there. I had planned on going this morning but this entire weekend has been a mix of rain and snow, so my drive in to work this morning would have probably been faster on ice skates. The pool is about 15 miles out of town, so I decided to not make that drive today. I have some things to get done this morning and then I'll get in a bike ride before afternoon hearings.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  

of 74