of 149

2013-11-08 3:15 PM
in reply to: Birkierunner

User image

Subject: RE: SBR Utopia Season II - OPEN

Originally posted by Birkierunner

Originally posted by axteraa

My bike is on it's way to Arizona via TBT....only 9 more days.....it's been a long season

You'll do great Jim!  Post your bib number when you have it!

# 2759    And, don't laugh at my swim split

Good luck Jim!  And watch your shins on that swim exit ladder......

I agree, a Nov IM makes a very very long season

2013-11-08 10:43 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
Ontario

For the Canadians, Sportsnet is showing 70.3 WC tomorrow.  I believe at 11am EST.

Edited by GoFaster 2013-11-08 10:47 PM
2013-11-09 1:33 AM
in reply to: tri808

User image

With less than half a mile to go, running down Hualalai, Fredrick Van Lierde made the pass on me as he went on to victory. I tried my best to hold him off...so close but yet so far.

(2nd Place.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
2nd Place.jpg (29KB - 12 downloads)
2013-11-09 5:02 AM
in reply to: GoFaster

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by GoFaster

For the Canadians, Sportsnet is showing 70.3 WC tomorrow.  I believe at 11am EST.

9 PM for me.

I'll be in Toronto watching les Miserables.
2013-11-09 5:24 AM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Expert
Norton Shores, MI
C'mon Jason. He had a 10 minute head start .
2013-11-09 6:16 PM

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL

Originally posted by Jason N With less than half a mile to go, running down Hualalai, Fredrick Van Lierde made the pass on me as he went on to victory. I tried my best to hold him off...so close but yet so far.

Huh. Are you SURE that picture was not taken at just before the moment when you ran HIM down?

If you look closely you can actually see him glancing off to his right at you in a slight panic as he hears your footsteps coming up from behind.....

2013-11-09 6:20 PM
in reply to: Birkierunner

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL

My bike is on it's way to Arizona via TBT....only 9 more days.....it's been a long season

Good lord, Jim - that IS a long season - I would absolutely HATE to have missed this opportunity to gain 10 pounds since my last race....

Good luck, and thanks for taking one for the team for racing so late in the year - I look forward to snuggling up in front of a warm fire with an adult beverage and following you along on race day! 

2013-11-09 6:41 PM
in reply to: TankBoy

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL

Marc and anyone else interested - yesterday I had another chance to play around with kinomap. I had a set of intervals structured by time and effort, so I loaded up a video from their site of a local route I have ridden about a billion times and then just rode my intervals. This time instead of using my iPhone and Kickr, I used my iPad2 and KK RnR, and used my Quarq to send data to the iPad via the ANT Dongle. iPad was mirrored to the big screen via an Apple TV. It worked great, until it didn't. In my case the app crashed about 2/3rds way through the ride, but I was messing around with it a lot, basically changing all the settings during my recovery intervals to see what each of them did. I did learn that it is best to pause the recording BEFORE changing any of the settings, of just make sure they are all set up like you want them before you get going and then leave them alone. Up until the app crashed it did seem to do a daily decent job of calculating speed and slowing down/speeding up the video based on my power output. Having ridden this particular loop in real life it compared reasonably well.

Jason - I looked at the Tour de Giro software a while back when looking for a package to control the Kickr (Tour de Giro doesn't) and like the looks of it. It seems to be the most "game like" as all of the graphics are computer generated and you can actually see the folks you are racing with actually in the 3d video visualization. In Kinomap you obviously only see the real course video, and see where both you and fellow racers are via icons on a google map. Since I travel a lot and hardly ever tote a computer around with me anymore (for better or worse I can get the bulk of my digital work done via a tablet) I like that all I need for Kinomap to work is a phone - I am very much looking forward to when Trainer Road comes out with their mobile platform. I got an email from Nate about a month ago that they have actually hired developers to work on it and should have the actual app work underway in January. 

2013-11-09 6:46 PM

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

Originally posted by TankBoy

This time instead of using my iPhone and Kickr, I used my iPad2 and KK RnR, and used my Quarq to send data to the iPad via the ANT Dongle. iPad was mirrored to the big screen via an Apple TV

I just have to say that this is one of the tri-geekiest things I've read in quite a while.  

2013-11-09 6:52 PM
in reply to: axteraa

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL

This time instead of using my iPhone and Kickr, I used my iPad2 and KK RnR, and used my Quarq to send data to the iPad via the ANT Dongle. iPad was mirrored to the big screen via an Apple TV

I just have to say that this is one of the tri-geekiest things I've read in quite a while.  

You mean that as a compliment, right?  

I KNEW I should have mentioned my bluetooth Jaybird earphones and the fact that I control room temperature and fan speed via my iPhone and Nest thermostat....

2013-11-10 8:57 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

You mean that as a compliment, right?  

I KNEW I should have mentioned my bluetooth Jaybird earphones and the fact that I control room temperature and fan speed via my iPhone and Nest thermostat....

I'm more old school. The other day I was in the middle of a CT session and realized I had forgotten something critical.

So I I used old school texting to my son in the next room to put a few beers in the freezer to be ready for when I got off the bike.

Texting while riding is a skill better developed on the traner.

2013-11-10 9:44 AM

User image

Elite
Ontario

Originally posted by GoFaster

Freekin tennis - live tennis cut into and then cancelled the race from showing yesterday.  Just found a repeat playing later today - oh the problems I face...

2013-11-10 10:30 AM

User image

Jason - I looked at the Tour de Giro software a while back when looking for a package to control the Kickr (Tour de Giro doesn't) and like the looks of it. It seems to be the most "game like" as all of the graphics are computer generated and you can actually see the folks you are racing with actually in the 3d video visualization. In Kinomap you obviously only see the real course video, and see where both you and fellow racers are via icons on a google map.  

Yeah...I think I'm more interested in the Tour de Giro type app. This of course assumes I need to ride my trainer at all, which may apply today considering we have been having flash flood type rain since yesterday.

2013-11-10 11:21 AM
in reply to: marcag

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2013-11-10 5:48 PM
in reply to: axteraa

Elite
Ontario

Please - Rusty has nothing on me.  It took me almost 45min to figure out how to put a video on my wife's tablet so I could watch something while on the treadmill.  

2013-11-11 1:49 PM

Master
Northern IL

Officially snowing here. Probably end up with more snow in November than December (again).

2013-11-11 1:59 PM

Originally posted by Jason N

Jason - I looked at the Tour de Giro software a while back when looking for a package to control the Kickr (Tour de Giro doesn't) and like the looks of it. It seems to be the most "game like" as all of the graphics are computer generated and you can actually see the folks you are racing with actually in the 3d video visualization. In Kinomap you obviously only see the real course video, and see where both you and fellow racers are via icons on a google map.  

Yeah...I think I'm more interested in the Tour de Giro type app. This of course assumes I need to ride my trainer at all, which may apply today considering we have been having flash flood type rain since yesterday.

I actually gave this Tour de Giro software a try yesterday since it was too rainy outside to ride. It's far from perfect, but I liked it. They have a lot of 70.3 and IM courses loaded. Might be worth looking into if you don't have an ipad like me. Racing against the AI was pretty fun.
2013-11-11 3:13 PM
in reply to: marcag

Master
...at home in The ATL

Originally posted by marcag 

I'm more old school. The other day I was in the middle of a CT session and realized I had forgotten something critical. So I I used old school texting to my son in the next room to put a few beers in the freezer to be ready for when I got off the bike. Texting while riding is a skill better developed on the traner.

That IS old school - seems like #DaddyNeedsAColdBeer would have worked better?

And speaking of tri-geekery, look what showed up in my mailbox today:

TriRig Omegas

I am actually putting them on my road bike, so it is ESPECIALLY tri-geeky....

2013-11-11 3:19 PM

Originally posted by marcag 

I'm more old school. The other day I was in the middle of a CT session and realized I had forgotten something critical. So I I used old school texting to my son in the next room to put a few beers in the freezer to be ready for when I got off the bike. Texting while riding is a skill better developed on the traner.

That IS old school - seems like #DaddyNeedsAColdBeer would have worked better?

And speaking of tri-geekery, look what showed up in my mailbox today:

TriRig Omegas

I am actually putting them on my road bike, so it is ESPECIALLY tri-geeky....

Have a black one coming this week.  Of course, it's going on a tri bike.  As god intended

2013-11-11 3:26 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

Hopefully not prohibited cross posting   But I know some people were looking at saddles. selling a perfect condition sitero black expert (ti rails), used approx 100-150 miles during the pre IM saddle tour, can't even tell it was mounted.  Includes the transition rack hook adapter.  Listed in the classifieds, not looking to make money on it, just get some back, especially if it goes to a good home.

2013-11-11 5:46 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

Master
...at home in The ATL

Originally posted by ChrisM

Have a black one coming this week.  Of course, it's going on a tri bike.  As god intended

Ha - Ha - Nice! Yeah, I got the white ones for my 2010 cervelo s2:

Cervelo s2

I saw on Slowtwitch a couple of weeks ago that the white ones were on a bit of a fire sale ($35.00 off per) so I jumped on them as I thought this might be one of the few road bikes that white aero brakes made some sense on. I am thinking about also getting a set of black ones for my p2 (currently have those crappy rebranded Tektro brakes cervelo puts on some of their TT bikes), but I am also on the fence about possibly getting a whole new TT bike, so holding off for a bit before I make that decision.... Are you installing the Omegas yourself?  We could make a bit of online project of it, or better yet you could go ahead and do it wrong first and then tell me how to do it right? 

2013-11-11 6:16 PM

Originally posted by ChrisM

Ha - Ha - Nice! Yeah, I got the white ones for my 2010 cervelo s2:

Cervelo s2

I saw on Slowtwitch a couple of weeks ago that the white ones were on a bit of a fire sale ($35.00 off per) so I jumped on them as I thought this might be one of the few road bikes that white aero brakes made some sense on. I am thinking about also getting a set of black ones for my p2 (currently have those crappy rebranded Tektro brakes cervelo puts on some of their TT bikes), but I am also on the fence about possibly getting a whole new TT bike, so holding off for a bit before I make that decision.... Are you installing the Omegas yourself?  We could make a bit of online project of it, or better yet you could go ahead and do it wrong first and then tell me how to do it right? 

Ummmm, no.  I can replace the cassette.  I am proud enough of that.  Going to have the LBS install it when I do the swap over from 105 to DA

2013-11-11 8:59 PM

Master
Northern IL

Rusty, don't forget the pads ...

2013-11-12 5:47 AM
in reply to: brigby1

Master
...at home in The ATL
Originally posted by brigby1

I thought if you shimmed them up high enough so the calipers pressed directly against the tire instead of the rim you didn't actually need pads?
2013-11-12 8:13 AM

Extreme Veteran

Originally posted by brigby1

I thought if you shimmed them up high enough so the calipers pressed directly against the tire instead of the rim you didn't actually need pads?

Our tri-geek-aero-weenie extraordinaire bought those brakes to ride Mt-ventoux on his Kickr.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SBR Utopia Season II - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 149

RELATED POSTS

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : November 16, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Should I remove the PD Jammers bars and ride it as is, set-up for riding in the drops and hoods? Should I run my Easton Orion II wheels or my Hed Jet60 C2's for IMWI?

date : October 15, 2008
author : AMSSM
I've had shoulder problems since the very beginning of tri training. I did see an ortho who took x-rays and said I have a type II acromioin. I'd love to know some stretches to help my flexibility.
date : October 11, 2007
author : Ron
Training program for the minority triathlete wanting to put on some extra muscle mass to get buff for next years triathlon season.

date : June 11, 2007
author : Courage
comments : 8
What is it that brought me to my knees one Sunday morning and then kicked me into a hole of self loathing and apparent depression? My apparent salvation was my old blue Fuji Royale II.
date : September 3, 2006
author : acbadger
The off-season is the best time to fine tune your skills and prepare yourself for the next season. It is also time for you to gain some strength and get a little rest after a long season of training.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
If you develop a strategy for the off-season, you can go into the next season stronger than you ended the past season.