BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN fast, furious, and closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 298

2011-07-20 10:08 AM
in reply to: #3605300

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN fast, furious, and closed
copa2251 - 2011-07-19 10:21 PM

Lots of fascinating (???) information re: urinating etc, I'll never be able to look at female triathletes the same way again!

I have to ask, don't your shorts/knicks stink after a while on the run?

Anyway, glad it works for you...

I'm having a "recovery week" which really means I'm avoiding any exercise in the vain hope that my knee will settle down and won't turn out to be anything serious. So far, so good; I couldn't weight bear on Monday but I can almost walk without a limp today. I think I'll avoid running for 2 weeks and just do swimming and cycling next week.

I DIDN'T pee.....and I stunk so bad on the ride home I made myself queasy.  Didn't help that Jeff smelled just as bad.  The baby wipes didn't help so much.  I don't know that pee could have made it any worse.

I can't even imagine admitting that 2 years ago!!!!

Not racing this weekend.  Meet referee at swim champs here....gonna be a long, hot 3 day weekend.

I also picked up a bug this weekend, I think.  Maybe the wheezing was the first sign - dunno - but not feeling well.

Good luck to all of the racers - once again, hats off to all of you doing it in the extreme heat I keep hearing about.  Wow.

2011-07-20 10:35 AM
in reply to: #3605880

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
velcromom - 2011-07-20 8:08 AM
copa2251 - 2011-07-19 10:21 PM

Lots of fascinating (???) information re: urinating etc, I'll never be able to look at female triathletes the same way again!

I have to ask, don't your shorts/knicks stink after a while on the run?

Anyway, glad it works for you...

I'm having a "recovery week" which really means I'm avoiding any exercise in the vain hope that my knee will settle down and won't turn out to be anything serious. So far, so good; I couldn't weight bear on Monday but I can almost walk without a limp today. I think I'll avoid running for 2 weeks and just do swimming and cycling next week.

I DIDN'T pee.....and I stunk so bad on the ride home I made myself queasy.  Didn't help that Jeff smelled just as bad.  The baby wipes didn't help so much.  I don't know that pee could have made it any worse.

I can't even imagine admitting that 2 years ago!!!!

Not racing this weekend.  Meet referee at swim champs here....gonna be a long, hot 3 day weekend.

I also picked up a bug this weekend, I think.  Maybe the wheezing was the first sign - dunno - but not feeling well.

Good luck to all of the racers - once again, hats off to all of you doing it in the extreme heat I keep hearing about.  Wow.

I highly suggest everyone invest in these....

They are AWESOME!!

2011-07-20 10:37 AM
in reply to: #3605820

User image

Pro
SSMinnow - 2011-07-20 7:51 AM
fattyfatfat - 2011-07-20 9:11 AM
sdalessio - 2011-07-20 9:35 AM

This is too funny.  Tony sent me this link to a new tri series forming.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/HITS_has_horsepower_2208.html

I am very familiar with Tom Struzzieri as I spent many years at his shows in Florida in the winter and Virginia in the summer.  He puts on a good horse show so it will be interesting to see what he does w/ a tri.  He is a super organizer and knows how to cater to the clientele.  And a bonus that is a triathlete himself.

Also nice to see more options popping up to compete w/ IM.  I think they need a little cage rattling to keep improving.  And there will more opportunities to sign up for races instead of camping by your computer.

thats cool and i hope it works.  15% military discount is so f'ing awesome!!!!!  and it appears he did not overlook something that so many do... you have to have a military ID, NOT an active duty ID.  in a day and age when such a huge percentage of members of the reserve and national guard are out there serving right along side active duty members in these bullsh+t wars, well this is AWESOME!!!! 

looks like he's going up against wtc directly in some locations.  good.  and so cal is cool.  marble falls is very cool. 

having said that, a brief review of the pricing structure still shows wtc lower than them (and REV3).  i always found that argument funny from the wtc bashers. 

Is Marble Falls a good location?  I was actually looking at it for somehting in the Spring, but it seemed kind of remote.

I thought Seattle was in the SPRING TIME???

2011-07-20 10:46 AM
in reply to: #3605966

User image

Champion
marietta
swbkrun - 2011-07-20 11:37 AM

I am very familiar with Tom Struzzieri as I spent many years at his shows in Florida in the winter and Virginia in the summer.  He puts on a good horse show so it will be interesting to see what he does w/ a tri.  He is a super organizer and knows how to cater to the clientele.  And a bonus that is a triathlete himself.

Also nice to see more options popping up to compete w/ IM.  I think they need a little cage rattling to keep improving.  And there will more opportunities to sign up for races instead of camping by your computer.

thats cool and i hope it works.  15% military discount is so f'ing awesome!!!!!  and it appears he did not overlook something that so many do... you have to have a military ID, NOT an active duty ID.  in a day and age when such a huge percentage of members of the reserve and national guard are out there serving right along side active duty members in these bullsh+t wars, well this is AWESOME!!!! 

looks like he's going up against wtc directly in some locations.  good.  and so cal is cool.  marble falls is very cool. 

having said that, a brief review of the pricing structure still shows wtc lower than them (and REV3).  i always found that argument funny from the wtc bashers. 

Is Marble Falls a good location?  I was actually looking at it for somehting in the Spring, but it seemed kind of remote.

*ahem*   ^^^^^^

2011-07-20 11:58 AM
in reply to: #3434069

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
No racing, but I dropped Michelle and the girls at the airport this morning. Heading out to Montreal for a week. I'm sitting in starbuck's sipping a latte before I pack up for Penticton. Really looking forward to this training camp. Tomorrow late afternoon- bike the run course and OSSFriday - bike the course and short brick run, yogaSat - short easy run, 4k swim , and then bike 2hrs, yogaSun- run as much of the course as we want. 2-3hrsAhhhhhhhhh going to be a good barometer to sees where the fitness is at.
2011-07-20 12:20 PM
in reply to: #3605966

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
swbkrun - 2011-07-20 10:37 AM

For some reason, I thought that fell by the wayside because Kyla wasn't going to be available.  Am I wrong?

2011-07-20 12:51 PM
in reply to: #3606231

User image

Elite
Raleigh

TrevorC - 2011-07-20 12:58 PM No racing, but I dropped Michelle and the girls at the airport this morning. Heading out to Montreal for a week. I'm sitting in starbuck's sipping a latte before I pack up for Penticton. Really looking forward to this training camp. Tomorrow late afternoon- bike the run course and OSSFriday - bike the course and short brick run, yogaSat - short easy run, 4k swim , and then bike 2hrs, yogaSun- run as much of the course as we want. 2-3hrsAhhhhhhhhh going to be a good barometer to sees where the fitness is at.

Why do I have the feeling Tracy is turning green with envy?

2011-07-20 12:57 PM
in reply to: #3605368

User image

Master
Tosa, WI
SSMinnow - 2011-07-20 5:26 AM

It's a new day and time to start talking about something other than peeing your pants and letting it dribble/gush down your leg!

Let's talk RACING!  Who's in? if you're willing to spill your goals, we're listening!

PS. Note the apostrophes!

I don't think I am racing.  The guys have been working on me to ride one or two crit's during Superweek.  http://www.internationalcycling.com/  

I am still waiting to see how the legs recover from last weekend before I commit to anything.  Going to watch the boys this PM.  I have one of those, "Use it or lose it vacation days today!"

Good luck to all the racers, hope it cools off and .....  REPRESENT!   

2011-07-20 1:00 PM

User image

Elite
san francisco

TrevorC - 2011-07-20 9:58 AM No racing, but I dropped Michelle and the girls at the airport this morning. Heading out to Montreal for a week. I'm sitting in starbuck's sipping a latte before I pack up for Penticton. Really looking forward to this training camp. Tomorrow late afternoon- bike the run course and OSSFriday - bike the course and short brick run, yogaSat - short easy run, 4k swim , and then bike 2hrs, yogaSun- run as much of the course as we want. 2-3hrsAhhhhhhhhh going to be a good barometer to sees where the fitness is at.

Trevor- Have a great trip, what a great opportunity, to swim, bike, and run the course!!!  I don't know about Tracy, but I am pretty green with envy! 

Suzy has been kind enough to open her home to me for this sort of training weekend, but it was financially and time-wise impossible to pull off.  I have tried to choose long rides that closely match the elevation profile for IMWI, but nothing like the real thing!  Report back on how awesome it is! 

See, we girls may be mean and gross, but we still love our boys. 

2011-07-20 1:11 PM
in reply to: #3606363

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
badgerintx - 2011-07-20 1:57 PM

It's a new day and time to start talking about something other than peeing your pants and letting it dribble/gush down your leg!

Let's talk RACING!  Who's in? if you're willing to spill your goals, we're listening!

I don't think I am racing.  The guys have been working on me to ride one or two crit's during Superweek.  http://www.internationalcycling.com/  

I am still waiting to see how the legs recover from last weekend before I commit to anything.  Going to watch the boys this PM.  I have one of those, "Use it or lose it vacation days today!"

Good luck to all the racers, hope it cools off and .....  REPRESENT!   

Do it!

2011-07-20 3:02 PM
in reply to: #3606375

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
kt65 - 2011-07-20 1:00 PM

TrevorC - 2011-07-20 9:58 AM No racing, but I dropped Michelle and the girls at the airport this morning. Heading out to Montreal for a week. I'm sitting in starbuck's sipping a latte before I pack up for Penticton. Really looking forward to this training camp. Tomorrow late afternoon- bike the run course and OSSFriday - bike the course and short brick run, yogaSat - short easy run, 4k swim , and then bike 2hrs, yogaSun- run as much of the course as we want. 2-3hrsAhhhhhhhhh going to be a good barometer to sees where the fitness is at.

Trevor- Have a great trip, what a great opportunity, to swim, bike, and run the course!!!  I don't know about Tracy, but I am pretty green with envy! 

Suzy has been kind enough to open her home to me for this sort of training weekend, but it was financially and time-wise impossible to pull off.  I have tried to choose long rides that closely match the elevation profile for IMWI, but nothing like the real thing!  Report back on how awesome it is! 

See, we girls may be mean and gross, but we still love our boys. 

And here I thought you weren't coming because you didn't want to hang with someone slower than you that has to stop to actually go to the bathroom!  I feel so much better.

2011-07-20 4:11 PM

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California

What a great thing to be able to do.  Where are you staying? Eating?  I can dig back and look for names of restaurants we went to, if you'd like.  Good food up there!!

2011-07-20 4:20 PM
in reply to: #3606350

User image

Master
Apex, north carolina
DougRob - 2011-07-20 1:51 PM

TrevorC - 2011-07-20 12:58 PM No racing, but I dropped Michelle and the girls at the airport this morning. Heading out to Montreal for a week. I'm sitting in starbuck's sipping a latte before I pack up for Penticton. Really looking forward to this training camp. Tomorrow late afternoon- bike the run course and OSSFriday - bike the course and short brick run, yogaSat - short easy run, 4k swim , and then bike 2hrs, yogaSun- run as much of the course as we want. 2-3hrsAhhhhhhhhh going to be a good barometer to sees where the fitness is at.

Why do I have the feeling Tracy is turning green with envy?

MAJORLY!!!   I WANT A FULL REPORT WITH EVERY POSSIBLE DETAIL!!!

2011-07-20 5:04 PM
in reply to: #3606972

User image

Master
Suwanee, Ga.

Hey Boys and Girls...just thought I would drop in for a minute and see how the MG was doing.  I do stop by to stalk check up on y'all from time to time but since there has been no training/racing etc. I have not been active in forever.

I had lunch today with John and I am here to report that "0" Adult Beverages were consumed...I promise.  It was great to see you today my friend and you have solidified the thoughts in my head that I will never go 140.6.

Hope Suzy is keeping you all straight and train hard, race harder and be safe on the roads.

Edited by Reno8 2011-07-20 5:05 PM
2011-07-20 7:32 PM
in reply to: #3606363

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina

GOOD LUCK RACERS!!!

No racing for me this weekend, but I have been training right through this heat wave, so it kinda feels like an accomplishment.  Today's run was at 94 degrees with a heat index of 112.  To add to the ongoing peeing topic, I've found that I sweat so much that you can't tell if I've peed or not :-)  Can I just add that it was f-ing hot out there today and tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter.  I hope when it cools down I will notice some increases in my running speed and/or endurance, because for now my times are sucking :-)  Oh, and in case you didn't know . . . our (womens') pee doesn't stink--EVER Kiss

Loving the laughs and I think someone should quickly patent a "woof-beater" shirt.  Just sayin' I would have laughed!

Rock on MG

2011-07-20 9:26 PM

User image

Pro

2011-07-20 9:57 PM
in reply to: #3607027

User image

Champion
marietta
Reno8 - 2011-07-20 6:04 PM

Hey Boys and Girls...just thought I would drop in for a minute and see how the MG was doing.  I do stop by to stalk check up on y'all from time to time but since there has been no training/racing etc. I have not been active in forever.

I had lunch today with John and I am here to report that "0" Adult Beverages were consumed...I promise.  It was great to see you today my friend and you have solidified the thoughts in my head that I will never go 140.6.

Hope Suzy is keeping you all straight and train hard, race harder and be safe on the roads.

you're getting skinny old timer!  great to see you!!!! 

2011-07-20 10:01 PM
in reply to: #3607380

User image

Elite
san francisco
fattyfatfat - 2011-07-20 7:57 PM
Reno8 - 2011-07-20 6:04 PM

you're getting skinny old timer!  great to see you!!!! 

Jealous! Glad u guys were able to meet up! FYI, there was no a$$ slapping out there on the run course, sorry, John...lots of hugs though!
2011-07-20 10:17 PM
in reply to: #3607333

User image

Master
Horseheads, NY

Very cool.  Jimmy Fallon does a great job with some of those voices.

Had to go find number one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCxZB6GOtoM

2011-07-20 10:28 PM

User image

Master
Sin City

Wow...topics are all over the place!!

Funny thing is - I saw a sign in a Port a Potty that says, "THIS IS A URINAL, NOT A CARGO HOLDER."  I was like, wtf...who the hell would use that thing to hold their "stuff"? 

Never peed on the bike. I'm a little scared to though.  I have never seen anyone from my group rides do that.  We don't race, but still. 

Not racing.

I registered for my first Century, Remembrance Ride 91.1k for 9/11, and Pedal for the Medal for Special Olympics.  No triathlons, but I'll get a lot better at cycling! I HOPE!  I would LOVE for my avg speed on all rides to be 15-17mph. I'm sick of being slow. The only way to get better is to ride lots...and more and some more.

This weekend I'm camping/hiking with Stardust (my doggie). It will be her first overnight camping trip. Hope it turns out okay!   It's been 105-115 degrees in Vegas. 82 avg degrees at Mt. Charleston...with the temps dropping below 60's at night. It's gonna be worth it. :-)

Good luck to all the racers!!!

2011-07-20 10:33 PM
in reply to: #3605368

User image

Veteran
Yorktown, VA & Langley AFB

WOW! I've been absent for a couple days... catching up on all the urinary chat was entertaining! HAHAHAA!

No racing for me this weekend, got an "easy" 15 mile training run planned for Saturday morning.  Should be a good one...  Hopefully we start early enough to finish before it hits 100*F around 9am!
Speaking of heat - West Texas has already had over 45 days of +100*F days this summer... ugh!  After work training sessions very dry and miserable.

Good Luck this weekend to all the MG racers!

Edited by Scalded_Dawg 2011-07-20 10:34 PM

2011-07-20 10:56 PM
in reply to: #3607416

User image

Master
Scalded_Dawg - 2011-07-20 8:33 PM

WOW! I've been absent for a couple days... catching up on all the urinary chat was entertaining! HAHAHAA!

No racing for me this weekend, got an "easy" 15 mile training run planned for Saturday morning.  Should be a good one...  Hopefully we start early enough to finish before it hits 100*F around 9am!
Speaking of heat - West Texas has already had over 45 days of +100*F days this summer... ugh!  After work training sessions very dry and miserable.

Good Luck this weekend to all the MG racers!

On the flip side, Seattle has had 78 minutes -- MINUTES -- over 80 degrees this summer. Really, I'm not complaining (too much), since I do melt in the heat!!

Good luck on that long run!!

2011-07-21 1:35 AM
in reply to: #3607180

User image

Expert
Noosa
jfought - 2011-07-21 10:32 AM

GOOD LUCK RACERS!!!

No racing for me this weekend, but I have been training right through this heat wave, so it kinda feels like an accomplishment.  Today's run was at 94 degrees with a heat index of 112.  To add to the ongoing peeing topic, I've found that I sweat so much that you can't tell if I've peed or not :-)  Can I just add that it was f-ing hot out there today and tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter.  I hope when it cools down I will notice some increases in my running speed and/or endurance, because for now my times are sucking :-)  Oh, and in case you didn't know . . . our (womens') pee doesn't stink--EVER Kiss

Loving the laughs and I think someone should quickly patent a "woof-beater" shirt.  Just sayin' I would have laughed!

Rock on MG

Yep, keep training and you'll love it when it cools down.

I was amazed at my first cooler weather run this year after training in the Summer heat; I was wearing my HRM and was struggling to get my rate up despite a much faster pace! It's a nice reward for sticking it out in the heatCool

2011-07-21 7:37 AM

User image

Expert
metro west, MA
I just looked at the calendar and realized I am exactly one month away from my first HIM.  eek!  So question for all you experienced HIMers; would you mind sharing your tips/advice on establishing a race day strategy? 
2011-07-21 8:22 AM
in reply to: #3607651

User image

Expert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia

mighty mom - 2011-07-21 7:37 AM I just looked at the calendar and realized I am exactly one month away from my first HIM.  eek!  So question for all you experienced HIMers; would you mind sharing your tips/advice on establishing a race day strategy? 

I could email you my race strategy doc if you'd like.  It includes packing lists, the few days before and the day off - plan, nutrition, warmup, paces, etc...  of course you would need to tailor to yourself but it might be a nice starting point. 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN fast, furious, and closed Rss Feed  

of 298