BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-01-13 10:11 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors New Year 2014--OPEN
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Originally posted by melbo55

Halllooooooooooooooooooo  to all Manatees, especially the brave new ones to join in the craziness.   

Did I hear mention of my own personal enabler who struck AGAIN this past weekend??  

FYI - I ordered my cruiser bike - she should be here in about a week.  Hopefully it will be warm enough to ride her home!  (though still NO idea where the heck I'm going to put her once I get her home...

Cruiser

LIKE!!!!

Thanks!!!  I can't wait to be able to ride her in the summer and test out the cup holder in the frame.  SO AWESOME!    

DP.

Edited by 4agoodlife 2014-01-13 10:13 PM

2014-01-14 4:39 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Orlando
Man, I take the afternoon off BT to actually do some work and find myself about 4 pages behind. Looks like this season of manatee madness will be no different from the rest! I can't possibly catch up, so here's what I do remember- cool bike Monica, welcome Ernesto and come on in to anyone else!

now I'm off to try and get a 7 mile run in before the rain starts and brings in another few days of Florida winter!

2014-01-14 5:06 AM
in reply to: #4922219

User image

Expert
Noosa
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work)
Just popping in to say hi, ill6 have to catch up later. Got back in the pool this morning and started my 6 week run rehab after work tonight. Keep at it Manatees!
2014-01-14 5:56 AM
in reply to: copa2251

User image

Master
Bloomington, MN

Morning Manatees. Snowing, so off to work...........LONG commute today. Have a great day!

2014-01-14 6:38 AM
in reply to: Buckshot

User image

Extreme Veteran
My biggest accomplishment of 2014 :

Last week did an FTP test. Best 20' ...but that's not it.
Last week I swam my fastest ever 3k workout....but that's not it.
Yesterday, ran the fastest I have in 2months, as I deal with an achilles injury....but that's not it

I got on the scale this morning and for the first time in 8 weeks, the number went DOWN !!! Yes, down !!!! A whopping 2lbs....woooohooooo.

The hardest part of triathlon (IMO)

2014-01-14 6:40 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by amd723 Man, I take the afternoon off BT to actually do some work and find myself about 4 pages behind. Looks like this season of manatee madness will be no different from the rest! I can't possibly catch up, so here's what I do remember- cool bike Monica, welcome Ernesto and come on in to anyone else!

now I'm off to try and get a 7 mile run in before the rain starts and brings in another few days of Florida winter!

My 3.5 was done in a sloggingly slow sweatfest. Is it winter soon?

2014-01-14 6:41 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by marcag My biggest accomplishment of 2014 : Last week did an FTP test. Best 20' ...but that's not it. Last week I swam my fastest ever 3k workout....but that's not it. Yesterday, ran the fastest I have in 2months, as I deal with an achilles injury....but that's not it I got on the scale this morning and for the first time in 8 weeks, the number went DOWN !!! Yes, down !!!! A whopping 2lbs....woooohooooo. The hardest part of triathlon (IMO)

WooHoww, VICTORY! For the past 2 months all that number has done for me is get bigger, so good job!

2014-01-14 6:42 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Originally posted by StaceyK

Ok so it seems that the "enabler" is striking in many, many places at the moment including in hot sunny WA so we can't all blame the cold.

I know many of you are doing Jantastic but I think it is also time for an additional challenge to run along side that.

The challenge (also known as a JOGO here in Manatee land after the person who originally instigated it) is:

30 DAYS OF 30 MINUTES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY A DAY

You decide if you want in or not and you decide what you consider to be acceptable activity. Once a week you check in and let us know how many days you did that week.

We will start counting on Wednesday January 15th, 30 days will take us through to Thursday 13th February.

I'm in but we're on vacation in a few weeks with book end travel days - maybe we could come up with a creative definition of Physical Activity!
There have been many creative definitions used before - I believe Christmas shopping, house work, cleaning an aquarium and possibly even adult 'pool time'. So knock yourself out.
2014-01-14 6:47 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by marcag My biggest accomplishment of 2014 : Last week did an FTP test. Best 20' ...but that's not it. Last week I swam my fastest ever 3k workout....but that's not it. Yesterday, ran the fastest I have in 2months, as I deal with an achilles injury....but that's not it I got on the scale this morning and for the first time in 8 weeks, the number went DOWN !!! Yes, down !!!! A whopping 2lbs....woooohooooo. The hardest part of triathlon (IMO)

Milestones, poundstones, reaching whateverstones ... rocks.

We're like SBR Utopia but with a lot more dog/balloon/bad joke background noise.

2014-01-14 6:49 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by StaceyK Ok so it seems that the "enabler" is striking in many, many places at the moment including in hot sunny WA so we can't all blame the cold. I know many of you are doing Jantastic but I think it is also time for an additional challenge to run along side that. The challenge (also known as a JOGO here in Manatee land after the person who originally instigated it) is: 30 DAYS OF 30 MINUTES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY A DAY You decide if you want in or not and you decide what you consider to be acceptable activity. Once a week you check in and let us know how many days you did that week. We will start counting on Wednesday January 15th, 30 days will take us through to Thursday 13th February.
I'm in but we're on vacation in a few weeks with book end travel days - maybe we could come up with a creative definition of Physical Activity!
There have been many creative definitions used before - I believe Christmas shopping, house work, cleaning an aquarium and possibly even adult 'pool time'. So knock yourself out.

Why, whatever could you mean?

I'm pretty sure I have gate wrangling, cat cleaning, elephant riding, etc. somewhere in my logs.

2014-01-14 6:53 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti
We're like SBR Utopia but with a lot more dog/balloon/bad joke background noise.

in other words....more fun :-)

2014-01-14 6:53 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

I agree that it is the hardest part - congrats!!!

2014-01-14 6:54 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by amd723 Man, I take the afternoon off BT to actually do some work and find myself about 4 pages behind. Looks like this season of manatee madness will be no different from the rest! I can't possibly catch up, so here's what I do remember- cool bike Monica, welcome Ernesto and come on in to anyone else!

I think it arrives for us tomorrow! Can't wait

2014-01-14 6:57 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Extreme Veteran

Is there a Manatee to French dictionnary available somewhere ? Just so I am clear...."pool time" doesn't involve snorkels, paddles or pullbouys...correct ?
2014-01-14 7:09 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Halllooooooooooooooooooo  to all Manatees, especially the brave new ones to join in the craziness.   

Did I hear mention of my own personal enabler who struck AGAIN this past weekend??  

Just say NO to ENABLERS!

FYI - I ordered my cruiser bike - she should be here in about a week.  Hopefully it will be warm enough to ride her home!  (though still NO idea where the heck I'm going to put her once I get her home...

Cruiser

She's a beauty Betty! 

2014-01-14 7:12 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by melbo55

Cruiser

LIKE!!!!

Thanks!!!  I can't wait to be able to ride her in the summer and test out the cup holder in the frame.  SO AWESOME!    

That's for sure!  The other day I was thinking that your cruiser will be to you what my cross bike is to me -- a fun bike that I literally change from gears on (from training to riding simply for fun).  I can't wait to see some action shots of you on it!  So fun!

2014-01-14 7:15 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by marcag
Originally posted by StaceyK There have been many creative definitions used before - I believe Christmas shopping, house work, cleaning an aquarium and possibly even adult 'pool time'. So knock yourself out.
Is there a Manatee to French dictionnary available somewhere ? Just so I am clear...."pool time" doesn't involve snorkels, paddles or pullbouys...correct ?

Hm. Maybe the paddles

I don't think we even have a Manatee to English glossary yet! Surely we need one, though. And possibly a name decoder, since there are very few people I refer to by their actual given names. New Manatees will probably get nicknamed quickly as well.

2014-01-14 7:17 AM
in reply to: awalden22

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by awalden22 Welcome to Ernesto! Monica - sweet bike! Love the colors Happy Monday to everyone. I am feeling a little down today. As some of you know I have been trying my hand at working towards a NSNG diet and I have been doing very well for the past 2 weeks. I lost a few pounds right at the start which I am assuming was water weight and then I kind of got stuck in a rut where I wasn't losing or gaining anything. Now I am just slowly gaining. Does anyone have any advice on what I could be doing differently? I am thinking maybe I need to cut back on the dairy and focus mainly on fruits, veggies, and lean meats. Thoughts? Or am I just over thinking it since I am only 2 weeks in?

I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with this.  I just want to say that I'm thinking of you.  I do have experience with weight loss and I want to remind you that it's not all about the pounds.  I know that some weeks when I was losing weight, it was more about body composition changing (fat %, inches).  Don't be too hard on yourself.  Drink a lot of water.

I did ask Jo to pop in and talk to us about NSNG.  I know that she's really busy.  She got a promotion at work and she is doing volunteer work for Macca, etc.  I'm sure that Yanti and others will have something actually useful to say to you but I did want to let you know that we're behind you with your change of eating.

2014-01-14 7:22 AM
in reply to: Triathlynne

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Triathlynne

Wait what? It's OPEN!? NO WAY!

Does that mean that you'll be joining us?

2014-01-14 7:30 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by cdban66

I think it arrives for us tomorrow! Can't wait

The weather folks are making noise here about "possible return of arctic air mass" late next week here in NC.  In the meantime, the excitement in the Raleigh area is "possible flurries" on Wednesday.  As long as we don't have ice...

2014-01-14 7:38 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Got my JOGO on!!

2014-01-14 8:45 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by marcag
Originally posted by StaceyK There have been many creative definitions used before - I believe Christmas shopping, house work, cleaning an aquarium and possibly even adult 'pool time'. So knock yourself out.

I once tried to put together a glossary of terms. It actually was rather short.

Fachmie - An employee at a Burger King in Indonesia, now used as an expletive.

Nap, pool time, yoga time, house work, Christmas shopping - Suffice it to say that this is the standard BT pizza, evidently there are 100 other terms, feel free to add to the list.

Where'sTheFatpug - WTF (I believe there are multiple variations on this, but they went by so fast that I couldn't keep up.)

Anyone can feel free to add to the list, this really is an abreviated list.

2014-01-14 9:03 AM
in reply to: copa2251

User image

Elite
Renton, Washington

Hey good morning all.  I managed to squeeze in the door at the last minute and I'm so glad I did.   I haven't joined a mentor group in quite some time and I figured with all the changes I'm doing 2014 would be a good time to re join on. So glad I found THIS particular one!  So a little about me:

NAME: Lynne. I know...boring but that's it. Sorry.
STORY: I'm originally from Scotland, born and bred there. Moved to Seattle area permanently in 1998. Husband is American (It's his fault).  I was a swimmer growing up, not competitively, just more enjoyment/fitness.   I could swim all day long. Kinda sporty in school, field hockey, track and field, that sort of thing...again I suck at being competitive so I did it for the fun of it.  Didn't really get into triathlons until 2006/2007 when I did my first one (danskin, sprint). AS soon as I got home however I signed up for SEVEN more. Eek.   Best summer ever however.  After that I found I was getting bored and skint, so I decided to try other things. I did open water swim races, rode my bike from Seattle to Portland, half marathons, 5Ks etc etc.  I even did a rough open water swim in La Jolla, CA. My first ocean swim..feck!  I haven't done a triathlon in TWO years though but that's going to change. Awwwwwwwwwww yeah.
FAMILY STATUS: Married for almost 16 years to Ron. I have 2 doggies, lab mix called Rudy and a puggle called Otto. I also have a lovebird named Pinky that can talk in a Scottish accent.
CURRENT TRAINING:Just getting back into the swing of things. I've gained a lot of weight in the last year 45lbs+  ARRRRGHH!!!!!!!!!  So just trying to drop the weight by staying active.  Recently joined crossfit (HAVE NO GONE YET HOWEVER!
THIS YEAR'S RACES/EVENTS:  Signed up for a 12K and a 15K, March 2nd and April 13th
2013 RACES/EVENTS: N/A
BODY COMPOSITION:  Soft n squishy.

2014-01-14 9:04 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by awalden22 Welcome to Ernesto! Monica - sweet bike! Love the colors Happy Monday to everyone. I am feeling a little down today. As some of you know I have been trying my hand at working towards a NSNG diet and I have been doing very well for the past 2 weeks. I lost a few pounds right at the start which I am assuming was water weight and then I kind of got stuck in a rut where I wasn't losing or gaining anything. Now I am just slowly gaining. Does anyone have any advice on what I could be doing differently? I am thinking maybe I need to cut back on the dairy and focus mainly on fruits, veggies, and lean meats. Thoughts? Or am I just over thinking it since I am only 2 weeks in?

Ashley, how are the calories from previous to current? Some other things may have a bit of influence too, but calories in vs calories out (what you burn off) is the biggest. Just eating "healthier" doesn't quite do it if that is not also adjusted. What healthy does give you is far better building material for your body to work with. Much more for it to use per calorie taken in, so it's not necessary to eat as much. Do you know how yours looks and are you SURE? Have to check as until any of actually really look at something we really don't keep track as well as we think. 

Ben - I thought about this. Maybe I am eating more calories than I think. So I guess the thing to do would be to track this week as if it were a typical week and see what I come up with.

Ashley
2014-01-14 9:08 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Originally posted by jmkizer

I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with this.  I just want to say that I'm thinking of you.  I do have experience with weight loss and I want to remind you that it's not all about the pounds.  I know that some weeks when I was losing weight, it was more about body composition changing (fat %, inches).  Don't be too hard on yourself.  Drink a lot of water.

I did ask Jo to pop in and talk to us about NSNG.  I know that she's really busy.  She got a promotion at work and she is doing volunteer work for Macca, etc.  I'm sure that Yanti and others will have something actually useful to say to you but I did want to let you know that we're behind you with your change of eating.

Janyne - thanks for the support! I just get very impatient with weightloss which is probably part of the reason it's always been an issue for me. I am working on being more patient with my body I am thinking I am probably eating too many calories per day. So I will start tracking to see what it actually looks like.

Ashley
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED) Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21

Started by McFuzz
Views: 25841 Posts: 509

2014-10-29 11:38 AM McFuzz

Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32

Started by Baowolf
Views: 38403 Posts: 779

2014-05-23 8:02 PM Pink Socks

The Other Way - Training by Feeling and Racing to Train - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12

Started by pfomalont
Views: 18415 Posts: 299

2014-05-19 7:15 AM marriedthepoolguy

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11078 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.