User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: RE: 100d x 10m = 1 strong core
Originally posted by jmhpsu93
Originally posted by noelle1230
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Adrienne, I was trying to channel you today on the run legs of my aquathon.  2k run/750 m swim/2k run.  You are the sprint goddess around here!

Chris, thanks for the encouragement...you're the best Laughing

Sprint goddess, eh??? I dunno 'bout that!!!

But how did the channeling go? Smile

It worked!  The two run legs were short, just 2K each.  My goal pace was a 7:15 min/mile, then I arrived and saw a giant hill in the middle of the loop.  But I still managed a 7:10 pace on each leg Laughing  So thanks for the good energy you didn't realize you were sending!!  

The swim on the other hand....I hadn't practice swimming in my fave tri shorts and the suckers just don't fit like they did last year.  They filled with water.  I almost thought they were going to fall down!

Drag and all, I managed to win the master's female, woo-hoo!  This whole being 40 by the end of the year thing doesn't suck as much as I thought it would Cool

Sandbagger.

Seriously, though...awesome job!

Noelle, that's excellent.  Nice job.

2013-07-08 2:13 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Originally posted by switch

Originally posted by austhokie
Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Originally posted by austhokie totally fell off the wagon this week - i'm going to start from scratch i think

From scratch is better than not at all Laughing  AND... now there are lots of posted workouts/videos to use as resources. I think you should just say it was your plan all along Wink

of course it was always my plan to start over (wink wink) - I also just found a free iphone app that has ab workouts - i think the shortest is 8 minutes, and various levels - so I am going to try it out

There's an app for that?

Falling off the wagon happens.  It just does.  To all of us.  The important thing is that you get back on.  Now you've done it-- Noelle and I are gonna hound you more.

yep - I put my iphone on my abs, lay back and think of England and it does all the work...oh wait, that's not right...
2013-07-08 2:16 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Drag and all, I managed to win the master's female, woo-hoo!  This whole being 40 by the end of the year thing doesn't suck as much as I thought it would Cool

Old Chicks rock!

2013-07-08 2:44 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Livonia, MI
Originally posted by cdban66

Old Chicks rock!

Thanks guys!  It's nice to get recognized for being average every once in awhile Laughing

So, off to week three here guys.  I can't believe we're 14% done already!  I've been slacking (or working, depending on how you look at it) and didn't post my Monday night class yet.  I promise to post it tomorrow!

2013-07-08 3:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Maple Grove
Tried one of the Xfinity on demand ab workouts today. I can't remember if I picked beginner or intermediate, but did an crunch-focused workout for 12 minutes. Hope it was beginner, because it was too easy and I found myself planking between sets to keep up the intensity.
2013-07-08 3:17 PM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

Sweet, thanks for putting the sheet in your sig line Chris!  Updated!

Brad....nice new avatar pic!!  Or should I say, Batman??

Thanks. My physical therapist gave me the go ahead on Friday to start running again. I asked if I could do my triathlon on Sunday, and he said yes, as long as I was willing to dial back the effort on the run to basically a jog. I said that wouldn't be a problem, as I would have a built in limiter based on not having run a single step in an entire month. However, I knew I needed to do something to hold myself down. I decided to have fun with the race...went to the store and bought this mask and a flag from my alma mater, Michigan State. Made the flag into a cape that I could wear around my neck for the run.

I donned the mask about a 1/4 mile into the run and kept it on until after the finish. I had some friends waiting to hand me the cape on my return portion of the run. I had a good time with it, saying things to other people like:
"Where's the Batcave?"
"The Batmobile broke down, so I'm running"
"I'm chasing the Joker"
"Has anyone seen Robin?"

For most of the volunteers, I would say "Thank you, citizen". When someone would pass me and say something like "Good job, Batman", I would say "Thanks, Robin".

It made the slower times a little more bearable for me. I think I was anywhere between 7-9 minutes slower than I would have been if I hadn't gotten injured. Tough to take, but it's part of the game I guess.

2013-07-08 3:19 PM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by MSU_Brad

Thanks. My physical therapist gave me the go ahead on Friday to start running again. I asked if I could do my triathlon on Sunday, and he said yes, as long as I was willing to dial back the effort on the run to basically a jog. I said that wouldn't be a problem, as I would have a built in limiter based on not having run a single step in an entire month. However, I knew I needed to do something to hold myself down. I decided to have fun with the race...went to the store and bought this mask and a flag from my alma mater, Michigan State. Made the flag into a cape that I could wear around my neck for the run. I donned the mask about a 1/4 mile into the run and kept it on until after the finish. I had some friends waiting to hand me the cape on my return portion of the run. I had a good time with it, saying things to other people like: "Where's the Batcave?" "The Batmobile broke down, so I'm running" "I'm chasing the Joker" "Has anyone seen Robin?" For most of the volunteers, I would say "Thank you, citizen". When someone would pass me and say something like "Good job, Batman", I would say "Thanks, Robin". It made the slower times a little more bearable for me. I think I was anywhere between 7-9 minutes slower than I would have been if I hadn't gotten injured. Tough to take, but it's part of the game I guess.

This is pure win Brad. I love everything about it.

2013-07-08 3:34 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Thanks. My physical therapist gave me the go ahead on Friday to start running again. I asked if I could do my triathlon on Sunday, and he said yes, as long as I was willing to dial back the effort on the run to basically a jog. I said that wouldn't be a problem, as I would have a built in limiter based on not having run a single step in an entire month. However, I knew I needed to do something to hold myself down. I decided to have fun with the race...went to the store and bought this mask and a flag from my alma mater, Michigan State. Made the flag into a cape that I could wear around my neck for the run. I donned the mask about a 1/4 mile into the run and kept it on until after the finish. I had some friends waiting to hand me the cape on my return portion of the run. I had a good time with it, saying things to other people like: "Where's the Batcave?" "The Batmobile broke down, so I'm running" "I'm chasing the Joker" "Has anyone seen Robin?" For most of the volunteers, I would say "Thank you, citizen". When someone would pass me and say something like "Good job, Batman", I would say "Thanks, Robin". It made the slower times a little more bearable for me. I think I was anywhere between 7-9 minutes slower than I would have been if I hadn't gotten injured. Tough to take, but it's part of the game I guess.

X2...that's a great mental attitude.  This thing is supposed to be fun, right? 

2013-07-08 3:50 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Master
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

X2...that's a great mental attitude.  This thing is supposed to be fun, right? 

Wait, whaaaaa?  Ya mean I'm not supposed to be spending the better part of the race questioning my sanity?

2013-07-08 3:52 PM

User image

Master

Thanks. My physical therapist gave me the go ahead on Friday to start running again. I asked if I could do my triathlon on Sunday, and he said yes, as long as I was willing to dial back the effort on the run to basically a jog. I said that wouldn't be a problem, as I would have a built in limiter based on not having run a single step in an entire month. However, I knew I needed to do something to hold myself down. I decided to have fun with the race...went to the store and bought this mask and a flag from my alma mater, Michigan State. Made the flag into a cape that I could wear around my neck for the run.I donned the mask about a 1/4 mile into the run and kept it on until after the finish. I had some friends waiting to hand me the cape on my return portion of the run. I had a good time with it, saying things to other people like:"Where's the Batcave?""The Batmobile broke down, so I'm running""I'm chasing the Joker""Has anyone seen Robin?"For most of the volunteers, I would say "Thank you, citizen". When someone would pass me and say something like "Good job, Batman", I would say "Thanks, Robin". It made the slower times a little more bearable for me. I think I was anywhere between 7-9 minutes slower than I would have been if I hadn't gotten injured. Tough to take, but it's part of the game I guess.
Good stuff! Sometimes you gotta take a spoonful of sugar to make that medicine go down. And...I saw the avi and heard a deep voice say "I am Bradman!" (at times I am the owner of high levels of dorkiness)
2013-07-08 5:12 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Thanks. My physical therapist gave me the go ahead on Friday to start running again. I asked if I could do my triathlon on Sunday, and he said yes, as long as I was willing to dial back the effort on the run to basically a jog. I said that wouldn't be a problem, as I would have a built in limiter based on not having run a single step in an entire month. However, I knew I needed to do something to hold myself down. I decided to have fun with the race...went to the store and bought this mask and a flag from my alma mater, Michigan State. Made the flag into a cape that I could wear around my neck for the run.I donned the mask about a 1/4 mile into the run and kept it on until after the finish. I had some friends waiting to hand me the cape on my return portion of the run. I had a good time with it, saying things to other people like:"Where's the Batcave?""The Batmobile broke down, so I'm running""I'm chasing the Joker""Has anyone seen Robin?"For most of the volunteers, I would say "Thank you, citizen". When someone would pass me and say something like "Good job, Batman", I would say "Thanks, Robin". It made the slower times a little more bearable for me. I think I was anywhere between 7-9 minutes slower than I would have been if I hadn't gotten injured. Tough to take, but it's part of the game I guess.
Good stuff! Sometimes you gotta take a spoonful of sugar to make that medicine go down. And...I saw the avi and heard a deep voice say "I am Bradman!" (at times I am the owner of high levels of dorkiness)

Oh hellz to the yes!

Henceforth, you will forever be known as "Bradman."  Awesome.

I am a huge, huge fan of dorkiness.  Huge. Fan.

2013-07-08 6:55 PM

User image

Veteran
Ferndale
Good job Amy and Bradman!!

Day 8 in the books...

1 Min each 2 times through...
Plank - Pushup hold
Superman
Crunch Toe Touch
Bicycle
V-Abs

I am traveling for work this week in western MI but I brought my mountain bike with me. I just got back from some awesome single track and did my ab workout in the hotel room. Now if I could just find some "clean" restaurant food, we'll see......
2013-07-08 8:17 PM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

Oh hellz to the yes!

My other favorite line of the day was "Batman is in a lot of Batpain" as I was running up the final hill to the finish line. Nice little torture trick in the final .25 mile.

I might bring the stupid thing to my next race, too, just for fun, even though I will be trying to set a PR in my next one in just over a month. It really wasn't as hot as I thought it might be, and I could get water without a problem. It isn't like it took any longer to put on then my visor...just a bit warmer.
2013-07-08 8:40 PM

User image

Master
Week 3 off to a corrific start!
2013-07-08 9:10 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
I took a couple days off over the weekend cause my long run on Saturday kicked my butt.....time to get back at it.
2013-07-08 9:12 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Oh hellz to the yes!

My other favorite line of the day was "Batman is in a lot of Batpain" as I was running up the final hill to the finish line. Nice little torture trick in the final .25 mile. I might bring the stupid thing to my next race, too, just for fun, even though I will be trying to set a PR in my next one in just over a month. It really wasn't as hot as I thought it might be, and I could get water without a problem. It isn't like it took any longer to put on then my visor...just a bit warmer.

You definitely need to add the bat logo bikini briefs. Haters gonna hate...

2013-07-08 10:49 PM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

Oh hellz to the yes!

My other favorite line of the day was "Batman is in a lot of Batpain" as I was running up the final hill to the finish line. Nice little torture trick in the final .25 mile. I might bring the stupid thing to my next race, too, just for fun, even though I will be trying to set a PR in my next one in just over a month. It really wasn't as hot as I thought it might be, and I could get water without a problem. It isn't like it took any longer to put on then my visor...just a bit warmer.

You definitely need to add the bat logo bikini briefs. Haters gonna hate...

Holy eff...I would definitely rock that. Awesome.

I am now 15 for 15. Got 6 minutes in before a phone call, and then returned later to do a 4 minute plank to finish it off. Taco Bell is a bad idea in general (though I love it), but Taco Bell before a 4 minute plank is a really bad idea. Almost had to run to the Bat-toilet.
2013-07-08 11:00 PM

User image

Master
Since you brought up bikinis... however briefly (teehee)... has anyone dug up Chris's aforementioned pics? And I'm curious how Darren's bikini body workouts are going.
2013-07-08 11:59 PM
in reply to: austhokie

User image

Master
Central Kansas

Originally posted by austhokie totally fell off the wagon this week - i'm going to start from scratch i think

From scratch is better than not at all Laughing  AND... now there are lots of posted workouts/videos to use as resources. I think you should just say it was your plan all along Wink

of course it was always my plan to start over (wink wink) - I also just found a free iphone app that has ab workouts - i think the shortest is 8 minutes, and various levels - so I am going to try it out

There's an app for that?

Falling off the wagon happens.  It just does.  To all of us.  The important thing is that you get back on.  Now you've done it-- Noelle and I are gonna hound you more.

yep - I put my iphone on my abs, lay back and think of England and it does all the work...oh wait, that's not right...

<giggle>

2013-07-09 12:05 AM

User image

Master
Central Kansas

Originally posted by MSU_Brad Holy eff...I would definitely rock that. Awesome. I am now 15 for 15. Got 6 minutes in before a phone call, and then returned later to do a 4 minute plank to finish it off. Taco Bell is a bad idea in general (though I love it), but Taco Bell before a 4 minute plank is a really bad idea. Almost had to run to the Bat-toilet.

You are amazing. Batman, Taco Hell, and a 4 minute plank.

2013-07-09 4:46 AM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Originally posted by MSU_Brad Thanks. My physical therapist gave me the go ahead on Friday to start running again. I asked if I could do my triathlon on Sunday, and he said yes, as long as I was willing to dial back the effort on the run to basically a jog. I said that wouldn't be a problem, as I would have a built in limiter based on not having run a single step in an entire month. However, I knew I needed to do something to hold myself down. I decided to have fun with the race...went to the store and bought this mask and a flag from my alma mater, Michigan State. Made the flag into a cape that I could wear around my neck for the run. I donned the mask about a 1/4 mile into the run and kept it on until after the finish. I had some friends waiting to hand me the cape on my return portion of the run. I had a good time with it, saying things to other people like: "Where's the Batcave?" "The Batmobile broke down, so I'm running" "I'm chasing the Joker" "Has anyone seen Robin?" For most of the volunteers, I would say "Thank you, citizen". When someone would pass me and say something like "Good job, Batman", I would say "Thanks, Robin". It made the slower times a little more bearable for me. I think I was anywhere between 7-9 minutes slower than I would have been if I hadn't gotten injured. Tough to take, but it's part of the game I guess.

Dude, you are so awesome.  Wish I was there to see it.  That's what it's all about.  The spirit, the camaraderie and having fun.  Solid work my friend! 

2013-07-09 6:25 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by 4agoodlife Since you brought up bikinis... however briefly (teehee)... has anyone dug up Chris's aforementioned pics? And I'm curious how Darren's bikini body workouts are going.

Good Luck, you got all the clues you'll get outta me, and I ain't fessin' up.

2013-07-09 6:30 AM
in reply to: KansasMom

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Originally posted by KansasMom

Originally posted by MSU_Brad Holy eff...I would definitely rock that. Awesome. I am now 15 for 15. Got 6 minutes in before a phone call, and then returned later to do a 4 minute plank to finish it off. Taco Bell is a bad idea in general (though I love it), but Taco Bell before a 4 minute plank is a really bad idea. Almost had to run to the Bat-toilet.

You are amazing. Batman, Taco Hell, and a 4 minute plank.

I now have this mental image of Brad entering transition pre-race to set up: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CrxVu6mwS0

2013-07-09 10:13 AM

User image

Expert
Late to the party as usual but I'm going to crash it anyway. I am in. Before pics tonight.
2013-07-09 10:37 AM
in reply to: KansasMom

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
I would like day #100 to be a 10 minute long plank. I'm pretty sure I could torture myself through that now, but I don't feel the desire to do so.
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 100d x 10m = 1 strong core Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED POSTS

MARCH ABS / CORE RESULTS

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1421 Posts: 3

2007-04-03 4:11 PM annie

ABS CORE - End of Week #3

Started by hazmaster
Views: 2065 Posts: 19

2007-04-03 7:41 AM saling4

MARCH ABS / CORE - 2ND WEEK!

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1733 Posts: 14

2007-03-26 4:13 PM tritwinmom

ABS / CORE MARCH CHALLENGE - TEAM LIST Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by hazmaster
Views: 10595 Posts: 121

2007-03-20 3:06 PM hazmaster

May Core Strengthening Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by madkat
Views: 5610 Posts: 52

2006-06-03 2:57 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?

date : September 3, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
comments : 2
Why triathletes must absolutely warm up, activate muscles, strengthen core, and stretch effectively.
date : July 26, 2006
author : Ron
How do you know if your strength training is effective? Are you getting stronger? Several training log graphs can lend a clue.

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Weight training and core strength information and links for the silver/gold plans.
date : January 30, 2006
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 0
The goal of this program is simple – for the cyclist to have IMPROVED performance when the next season rolls around, not merely to maintain last season’s fitness.

date : June 14, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 3
Top swimmers rotate the core of the body from one side to the other while keeping the head fixed. When you rotate in this way, you move through the water more like a fish, maximizing your efficiency.
date : May 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 55
A strong core will allow you to keep optimal body alignment for whatever you’re doing (swim, bike or run), and this in turn will reduce your fatigue in the long run.

date : March 21, 2005
author : Manny
Train your core! The following program is designed for an in-season triathlete, can be done anywhere and with no equipment.