BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 62

2013-11-06 11:43 PM
in reply to: TriAya

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
Subject: RE: Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?)

2013-11-06 11:47 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Morning Manatees! 

Quick kitty update before I go for my run...

JASON FOUND HIM!!! He's been a few feet away for 10 days. Guess he didn't want to go far, but our dogs were too frisky for him to come to back door (he loves them inside but he becomes a toy for them in the yard) Was staying under our mower and in the empty backyard next to us. Crazy!  Everyone is thrilled...not least of all Peppurr.

YAAAAYYYYY!!! That's great news!

2013-11-06 11:48 PM
in reply to: kgore

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

Originally posted by kgore

I made my run finally---I 'rewarded' myself during the run by wearing my nifty pink skull arm warmers. (seriously, that is all it took!) It wasn't much, just 3.17 miles at a 13.27 pace. I'm gonna do some strength work later today as well. Yay me.

Pink skull arm warmers?! Tell me more!

2013-11-07 8:55 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by rrrunner

Ahhhh, Mel, a subject that had been gnawing at me so...

Rant on/

Detoxing, cleansing, supplementing...I'm rather put off by all of it. Especially lately. A friend of mine got caught up in the MonaVie pyramid thing last year. She did the classes, seminars, etc. and pushed it at all of her friends. Even had "parties" to read antioxidant levels with her finger scanning machine and promote her product. She barely made enough to buy the product for herself. Now I see that she isn't promoting that anymore, and she's on to a cleanse/nutrition product called Isagenix. I read an ad for it that said something like 'the average person spends $479 a month on food, but you can have this completely balanced system for only $300 a month'. Really?  

Not that it can't be helpful, but I figure if I'm eating mostly healthy and balanced, why am I going to spend $$$$ on "a system" when I can just adjust my food?

Yes, I'm a little jaded right now...and I like FOOD for my meals, not tablets and shakes. lol

\rant off

All that being said, I understand the need for a fresh start (kick in the butt), and I'm glad you're going into it cautiously with a plan instead of a fad/bandwagon kind of thing.

I totally hear ya on this one. I have a friend that is caught up in the "It Works" weight loss wrap fad. I want to scream every time she posts on FB about it.

Speaking of FB (rant on) I've pretty much given up on it. It's all recipes and memes now. I try to use it to keep up with my family and friends, not watch them repeat whatever witty sayings they read on someone elses FB?! /rant

Oh, I know.  I rarely post much of anything there anymore.  Every time they change the timeline sorting, it gets worse.  I used to be able to follow people (that I picked, not that Facebook selected for me which is not helpful) and scroll down until I got to the last time that I was on the site and I'd be all caught up.  Now, even with most recent sorting turned on, they jam all kinds of "updated" stuff in there that I don't want to see and they filter out people that I do want to follow.  I feel kind of forced to check FB because so many other people use it but I'm liking it less and less and less as time goes on.

2013-11-07 8:56 AM

User image

Master
Central Kansas

Thanks everyone for the good kitty finding vibes. He seems none the worse for wear and is VERY happy to be back at home with us.

Kirsten- I think he was eating dog food and drinking their water when they came in at night. Aside from losing a 2-3lbs, he looks really good for being out for over a week. We even had a surprise storm the other night. I brushed him this morning... and he couldn't stop drooling with happiness. LOL

Aware. I live kitty purrs and drool. I am so happy he is home.

2013-11-07 9:09 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by rrrunner.

I totally hear ya on this one. I have a friend that is caught up in the "It Works" weight loss wrap fad. I want to scream every time she posts on FB about it.

Speaking of FB (rant on) I've pretty much given up on it. It's all recipes and memes now. I try to use it to keep up with my family and friends, not watch them repeat whatever witty sayings they read on someone elses FB?! /rant

TJ, I find the topic very interesting. I think that as a society, we share more stuff, yet know less about one another than ever before. I firmly believe that the beauty of my life is enhanced by the relationships I have with others. Relationships take time, they grow with every discussion, interaction, etc. The nameless, faceless quality of many FB posts does little to grow those relationships. If you read my FB, you know I ride my bike, but not much else. But in here, you know more, because I am more willing to share with ya'll. I think FB is becoming somewhat more like Twitter, in that it is used for marketing, contests, games, but not really for relationships. I think we as a society will soon be yearning for more. That is my 2 cents, probably worth half that after inflation.

2013-11-07 9:28 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by cdban66

TJ, I find the topic very interesting. I think that as a society, we share more stuff, yet know less about one another than ever before. I firmly believe that the beauty of my life is enhanced by the relationships I have with others. Relationships take time, they grow with every discussion, interaction, etc. The nameless, faceless quality of many FB posts does little to grow those relationships. If you read my FB, you know I ride my bike, but not much else. But in here, you know more, because I am more willing to share with ya'll. I think FB is becoming somewhat more like Twitter, in that it is used for marketing, contests, games, but not really for relationships. I think we as a society will soon be yearning for more. That is my 2 cents, probably worth half that after inflation.

I completely agree. I rarely post there anymore but I love pix of my family and friends and even enjoy seeing where they go to eat or play. However, my sister's contstant stream of right-wing meme's I could do without...

I continue to check FB because if I didn't I might miss pictures like the following of  a great-nephew I've never seen in person...

If only there were a "hide posts with meme" button

Edited by rrrunner 2013-11-07 9:31 AM

(gavin.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
gavin.JPG (287KB - 11 downloads)
2013-11-07 9:32 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by KansasMom

Sweet baby boy.

He is definitely adding to the abundance of cute on the past few pages!!!

Slurp! Just wanna smooch those chubby baby cheeks! Looking super for an early kid. Just perfect.

2013-11-07 9:38 AM
in reply to: TriAya

User image

Melon Presser

I used to do stuff like this all the time in LA ... not so much here, I'm usually stalking with the celebrity and know them ...

I literally bumped into a distinctive and vaguely familiar looking guy coming out of the bathroom as I was going in at a cafe that I met my bro and sis for lunch at and long biz meeting. I apologized and he was very sweet and friendly.

Turns out he's Happy on Sons of Anarchy. Here on vacation and also appearances at a bunch of HOG gatherings currently in town. Absolutely no idea until I was scrolling through FB ...

2013-11-07 10:13 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Morning Manatees! 

Quick kitty update before I go for my run...

JASON FOUND HIM!!! He's been a few feet away for 10 days. Guess he didn't want to go far, but our dogs were too frisky for him to come to back door (he loves them inside but he becomes a toy for them in the yard) Was staying under our mower and in the empty backyard next to us. Crazy!  Everyone is thrilled...not least of all Peppurr.

YAY!!!!!

Our girls got out when we first moved into our house 9 years ago (didn't realize the screens weren't held on the window by anything other than luck). Luckily we got them back before daybreak. It's easy to see cat eyes at night with a flashlight

Peppurrrrrrrrrrrrrr So happy for you guys.
2013-11-07 10:21 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I completely agree. I rarely post there anymore but I love pix of my family and friends and even enjoy seeing where they go to eat or play. However, my sister's contstant stream of right-wing meme's I could do without...

I continue to check FB because if I didn't I might miss pictures like the following of  a great-nephew I've never seen in person...

Check often, post little. I think that is true for many of us. Although it is nice to see some folks posts and pics, but if I get notified one more time that my niece has "Changed her Profile Picture" I may defriend her. Ohhh, that'll teach her.

Life is funny.

2013-11-07 10:28 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Check often, post little. I think that is true for many of us. Although it is nice to see some folks posts and pics, but if I get notified one more time that my niece has "Changed her Profile Picture" I may defriend her. Ohhh, that'll teach her.

Life is funny.

Ah yes, and it's always a duck-lip selfie...

2013-11-07 10:33 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Life is funny.

Winner!! 

2013-11-07 10:47 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Life is funny.

What a timely conversation - I have a friend wrapped up in the "it works" thing (ha!  see what I did there?) and it seems like every single post is about trying to drum up business, which I don't think is going very well.  Same with a friend who sells Stella and Dot and has somehow gotten it in her head that I should sell it too... um... no.  I'm also not particularly interested in internet politics wars - no, your latest political meme isn't going to change my mind or viewpoint.  

I do, however, use FB quite frequently to catch up with my friends in Vancouver and in the UK - it makes me smile to see pics of my friends & my niece and nephew.   

2013-11-07 10:52 AM

User image

Master

Life is funny.

Have you been stalking Chris's neice???? :P
2013-11-07 10:52 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Life is funny.

What a timely conversation - I have a friend wrapped up in the "it works" thing (ha!  see what I did there?) and it seems like every single post is about trying to drum up business, which I don't think is going very well.  Same with a friend who sells Stella and Dot and has somehow gotten it in her head that I should sell it too... um... no.  I'm also not particularly interested in internet politics wars - no, your latest political meme isn't going to change my mind or viewpoint.  

I do, however, use FB quite frequently to catch up with my friends in Vancouver and in the UK - it makes me smile to see pics of my friends & my niece and nephew.   

I think I may go home and clean up FaceBook. I need to take control and use it the way I want to use it. Maybe block some folks from my timeline, or whatever crap they call it this week.

Thanks all for allowing me to think through this out loud.

2013-11-07 10:56 AM
in reply to: KansasMom

User image

Master
Central Kansas

Thanks everyone for the good kitty finding vibes. He seems none the worse for wear and is VERY happy to be back at home with us.

Kirsten- I think he was eating dog food and drinking their water when they came in at night. Aside from losing a 2-3lbs, he looks really good for being out for over a week. We even had a surprise storm the other night. I brushed him this morning... and he couldn't stop drooling with happiness. LOL

Aware??? I have no idea what I was trying to type there. Stoopid auto correct.

2013-11-07 10:57 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Life is funny.

No duck face, she is trying to become a car model (sort of trying, really). Evidently her marketing technique is to rotate through all her pics, Whoopie. DN2 on a car hood. DN2 squatting by a tire. Etc, etc, etc. Oh yeah, accompany that with the immature whining about getting stopped by the cops. Waaaaa, maybe tinting the windows pitch black was really a bad idea. 

OK, I've convinced myself to go fix this garbage tonight.

2013-11-07 11:13 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Life is funny.

No duck face, she is trying to become a car model (sort of trying, really). Evidently her marketing technique is to rotate through all her pics, Whoopie. DN2 on a car hood. DN2 squatting by a tire. Etc, etc, etc. Oh yeah, accompany that with the immature whining about getting stopped by the cops. Waaaaa, maybe tinting the windows pitch black was really a bad idea. 

yes, really dark windows tell cops you are hiding things.  they will pay attention to your car and stop you for any infraction they can to see if you are a drug dealer.  not all people with really dark tint are drug dealers, but pretty much all drug dealers have really dark tint.

2013-11-07 11:14 AM
in reply to: KansasMom

User image

Master
Orlando

Aware??? I have no idea what I was trying to type there. Stoopid auto correct.

i thought i just wasn't up to the new cool talk and maybe "aware" was the new "word"

2013-11-07 11:28 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by amd723

Life is funny.

yes, really dark windows tell cops you are hiding things.  they will pay attention to your car and stop you for any infraction they can to see if you are a drug dealer.  not all people with really dark tint are drug dealers, but pretty much all drug dealers have really dark tint.

Oh, I get it. No doubt in my mind. Unfortunately, there's so much more, but we'll leave it at this and not get my blood pressure up any more.

What is the countdown, 3 days?????

2013-11-07 11:49 AM

User image

Master

I'm procrastinating...badly. It's only 3mi run this morning, but 18mph winds. With a stroller it makes me go -> And it typically gets windier as the day goes on, so I just need to HTFU.

Went to the store to restock the fridge and Mak wanted to get some "bars" (Clif bars). I stood there looking at all of my options for several minutes til I realized Stinger Waffles have ruined them for me. Everything else seems too much and too heavy tasting now...even just a few bites unless I'm starving and need a "meal".

2013-11-07 12:26 PM

User image

Master
WeekMonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1Rest3 m run3 m run3 m runRest6Cross
2Rest3 m run3 m run3 m runRest7Cross
3Rest3 m run4 m run3 m runRest5Cross
4Rest3 m run4 m run3 m runRest9Cross
5Rest3 m run5 m run3 m runRest10Cross
6Rest3 m run5 m run3 m runRest7Cross
7Rest3 m run6 m run3 m runRest12Cross
8Rest3 m run6 m run3 m runRestRestHalf Marathon
9Rest3 m run7 m run4 m runRest10Cross
10Rest3 m run7 m run4 m runRest15Cross
11Rest4 m run8 m run4 m runRest16Cross
12Rest4 m run8 m run5 m runRest12Cross
13Rest4 m run9 m run5 m runRest18Cross
14Rest5 m run9 m run5 m runRest14Cross
15Rest5 m run10 m run5 m runRest20Cross
16Rest5 m run8 m run4 m runRest12Cross
17Rest4 m run6 m run3 m runRest8Cross
18Rest3 m run4 m run2 m runRestRestMarathon

I need to shorten my mary training by a week since being sick threw me off. Looking at the schedule, I think it makes most sense to knock out/skip week 4 (next week). Least impact on mileage build, right? Or do I cut a week of taper?

*That was probably a "duh!" question, but haven't done this kind of training before. And I'm kind of a schedule follower.

2013-11-07 12:28 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I'm procrastinating...badly. It's only 3mi run this morning, but 18mph winds. With a stroller it makes me go -> And it typically gets windier as the day goes on, so I just need to HTFU.

Went to the store to restock the fridge and Mak wanted to get some "bars" (Clif bars). I stood there looking at all of my options for several minutes til I realized Stinger Waffles have ruined them for me. Everything else seems too much and too heavy tasting now...even just a few bites unless I'm starving and need a "meal".

Yes to all of this. The wind only gets windier down here in the SW.

As for the Clif Bars I've recently started to like the Clif Crunch, especially the white choc macadamia...

2013-11-07 12:56 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Life is funny.

I just find that it's increasingly difficult to find what I want.  Of course, it's in FB's interest to make me wade through the site.  More time on the site = more time to sell me cr*p.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?) Rss Feed  

of 62

RELATED POSTS

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : September 20, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Snapping hip syndrome is a condition described by a snapping sensation felt when the hip is flexed and extended. It is often also treated with anti-inflammatory medications and physical therapy.
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : May 29, 2012
I recently just ran a 5 mile race, and in the last 100 meters I was sprinting to pass someone and I felt a "pop" in my left arch. Could I have strained it? What is your advice for healing?
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.

date : September 3, 2006
Near the end of one of my long runs, I noticed my left hip aching. There was a slight pop with each step. The hip was sore for 2 days after the run.