BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-01-07 11:19 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

I stalked some new Manatee logs tonight. Such bright and colorful charts you all are creating!

2015-01-08 12:17 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Originally posted by laffinrock

Random funny for the day from cakewrecks.com:

Yanti, maybe Smoky could help out here?

I'd eat 'em ... I had my coffee with baby formula today ... neeeed sleeep ... anyone else read Farley Mowat's Never Cry Wolf, the mouse recipe?

Speaking of Smoky ...

He's a cute little devil.  Glad he's getting back to his kitty self. Just sing "Soft kitty, warm kitty. Little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty. Purr, purr, purr." to him before bed...he'll be better in no time.

Oh Sheldon
2015-01-08 6:43 AM
in reply to: Havok

User image

Chatham Ontario
Originally posted by Havok

Managed to swim 250 meters today!  Decided to swim more and work on technique (I suck!) instead of walking for 20 minutes so the last 100 meters or so was slow and I stopped a lot to reset myself.  It's slowly coming together.

Speaking of cyclist getting hit by cars I had a side mirror slammed into my shoulder one day a few years back despite being in a bike lane!  I am not quite sure how I didn't wreck but it sure scare the crap out of me!  Shoulder was sore for a few days afterwards.  I have also had someone open their door right as I am riding by and managed to squeak by without harm, thank god for good reflexes!...

Good job on the swimming. Be patient. I remember a time when 250 m was HUGE to me just to do something. Then slowly worked my way back up to 2500 m swims. Now um cough this sunday will be my first swim in about 7 months. Scared to see how that goes.

I am lucky enough to live in a smaller city and we can hit the country pretty quick on our bikes. I try to get out with our cycling group 3-5 times a summer that is it. I find riding side by side with my one training partner to be better for me. We aren't pushed or held back by the group. It isn't a giant social event where you stop for food. etc. We go out with a purpose and get the job done. The social rides are ok a few times a year that is it.

My worst one was a German Shep. Jumping a 6 foot fence and chasing me. Prob hit my best wattage and highest speeds ever. Knock on wood my only bike accidents have been myself going off the road for wind or something no car involved.

Happy day. here goes nothing in this frozen tundra of work with no heat again. So cold and windy it blew out furnace it is -5 F here today.brrr.
2015-01-08 6:49 AM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ponderingfox

I am having a mega difficult time getting my 310XT to sync with Garmin Express.  Anyone having any similar issues?

Everyone is http://connect.garmin.com/en-US/status

2015-01-08 6:52 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

I am having a mega difficult time getting my 310XT to sync with Garmin Express.  Anyone having any similar issues?

I didn't have any problem this morning.The site did have the "we're having issues" warning though.

2015-01-08 6:54 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

I didn't have any problem this morning.The site did have the "we're having issues" warning though.

It's been intermittent for me all week.  Their executives must be having a cow.  CES week is not the time to have these issues.

2015-01-08 7:55 AM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

It's been intermittent for me all week.  Their executives must be having a cow.  CES week is not the time to have these issues.

No kidding.  Garmin Express updated this week, and since then I can't upload a workout from my 310.  I upload my workouts from TR manually, so those are still getting in right now.  If I type in the data for a run, it doesn't push it to all the dependent sites, for some reason.  It still gets to Strava, but not to MapMyFitness or BT.

2015-01-08 8:02 AM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Because we don't have enough groups to log in to and check, I give you.....

http://www.trainerroad.com/teams/2477-manatees-of-mayhem

For the TR Manatees among us.
2015-01-08 8:23 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Because we don't have enough groups to log in to and check, I give you..... http://www.trainerroad.com/teams/2477-manatees-of-mayhemFor the TR Manatees among us.

Just requested in.  I'm MattCycles.

2015-01-08 8:36 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by msteiner

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Because we don't have enough groups to log in to and check, I give you..... http://www.trainerroad.com/teams/2477-manatees-of-mayhemFor the TR Manatees among us.

I thought you were Honeybadger?  So confusing

2015-01-08 8:42 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

I thought you were Honeybadger?  So confusing

Ha!  I'm a cycling Honeybadger that's sometimes called Matt!

Geeze do I have to break it down for everyone?!

2015-01-08 8:45 AM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

WHAT A GREAT IDEA! I'm in.

2015-01-08 8:46 AM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

You're in, leave your guns at the door.

Made you admin and also changed profile to open so anyone can join.

On another note, anyone doing Tour of Sufferland this year? I may give it a miss as I think it will mess with my marathon training.
2015-01-08 8:52 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by Richardsdrr

You're in, leave your guns at the door. Made you admin and also changed profile to open so anyone can join. On another note, anyone doing Tour of Sufferland this year? I may give it a miss as I think it will mess with my marathon training.

Yeah I'm doing it.  I'm looking forward to seeing how stage 8 will go.  It makes Angels + The Hunted look like a rest day.

2015-01-08 9:25 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
First run with strides this morning. 60 minutes with 20 second strides every 10 minutes. Then 5 more strides back to back at the end. My legs were tired before the run, but I managed. I liked the strides.

I'm supposed to do an easy run tomorrow but think I'm going to swap it out for a swim. I think my legs need a rest.
2015-01-08 10:06 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by Jet Black First run with strides this morning. 60 minutes with 20 second strides every 10 minutes. Then 5 more strides back to back at the end. My legs were tired before the run, but I managed. I liked the strides. I'm supposed to do an easy run tomorrow but think I'm going to swap it out for a swim. I think my legs need a rest.

Great job, Sean!  Keep up the good work.

2015-01-08 10:08 AM

User image

Denver, CO

I'd eat 'em ... I had my coffee with baby formula today ... neeeed sleeep ... anyone else read Farley Mowat's Never Cry Wolf, the mouse recipe?

Speaking of Smoky ...

He's a cute little devil.  Glad he's getting back to his kitty self. Just sing "Soft kitty, warm kitty. Little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty. Purr, purr, purr." to him before bed...he'll be better in no time.

Erin, that is the sweetest little lullaby.  Spoken like a true mommy!  Maybe it'll help Yanti sleep too.   

2015-01-08 10:26 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Speaking of Smoky ...

hahaha, but then she'll have to rename him Sheldon!

2015-01-08 10:29 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Hope all the Manatees are keeping warm today (except Stacey who we know is roasting)!  It was in the 30*s in Orlando this morning and with wind chill upper 20*s.  It took me forever to get bundled up for my run!  

2015-01-08 10:35 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Hope all the Manatees are keeping warm today (except Stacey who we know is roasting)!  It was in the 30*s in Orlando this morning and with wind chill upper 20*s.  It took me forever to get bundled up for my run!  

So weird! It's great here! Although I think I missed the two best running weather days, mid 50's Wednesday and Thursday, today is supposed to be low 50's. I'll take it.

2015-01-08 10:41 AM

User image

Seattle

Welp, first night back on the track last night. It has felt like an eternity since my marathon but in reality it has only been a month. I felt a heck of a lot better than I thought I would but I am definitely going to ease in a little. I made a deal with myself that I would spend Jan doing fun stuff. Racing casually and enjoying winter activities. So, even next weeks trail race will be through the "fun" lens. 

Our team's "intro" workout last night was 3 x 2 miles a little (or a lot) slower than HM pace. Or as my coach calls it, "casual winter half marathon pace" lol. 

He only had me do 2 reps since I haven't done any kind of real quality in 4 weeks. 

In other fun news, I have been doing a little more of the logistics planning for the PCT run at the end of the summer. How beautiful is this going to be:

A really cool thing is that above pictured is Glacier Peak is the 5th tallest in the state but it's quite remote so it's not summited as regularly as the others are. So it's going to be really great to be so up close and personal with it. Not gonna lie, was briefly entertaining a mid run summit but 105 miles running is probably enough. 

2015-01-08 10:41 AM

User image

Denver, CO

We're having yo-yo weather here.  It was in the 20's yesterday, 54* now but getting colder all day, teens tonight just in time for another test run, 30's tomorrow, 50's on Sat. 

2015-01-08 10:54 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Welp, first night back on the track last night. It has felt like an eternity since my marathon but in reality it has only been a month. I felt a heck of a lot better than I thought I would but I am definitely going to ease in a little. I made a deal with myself that I would spend Jan doing fun stuff. Racing casually and enjoying winter activities. So, even next weeks trail race will be through the "fun" lens. 

Our team's "intro" workout last night was 3 x 2 miles a little (or a lot) slower than HM pace. Or as my coach calls it, "casual winter half marathon pace" lol. 

He only had me do 2 reps since I haven't done any kind of real quality in 4 weeks. 

In other fun news, I have been doing a little more of the logistics planning for the PCT run at the end of the summer. How beautiful is this going to be:

A really cool thing is that above pictured is Glacier Peak is the 5th tallest in the state but it's quite remote so it's not summited as regularly as the others are. So it's going to be really great to be so up close and personal with it. Not gonna lie, was briefly entertaining a mid run summit but 105 miles running is probably enough. 

That is so awesome! Looking forward to the IG posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2015-01-08 11:22 AM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

Do eeeeeeeettttt
2015-01-08 11:41 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Salty, I love that you're focusing on "fun" this month.  Your PCT run looks amazing.  How long would it take you to do that summit?  Seems like it would be a perfect mid-run "break."

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 55398 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.