BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-01-09 9:44 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

GO MISSISSIPPEE!!!

DL Manatees: don't go! Rest, and get well!

gentle {MELON PRESS} for Peach Melbo's dad, I don't want to disturb his brand spankin' new cath port love and prayers to you both.

2015-01-09 9:46 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Thanks everyone.  It looks like it will be nice and warm for the start....

At least I won't have to worry about accidentally wearing too much.

2015-01-09 9:47 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

A listing of Manatee Races, Rides and Runs and other events

January 10-11
Matt MS -  Mississippi Blues Marathon Quarternote (6.7 miles) on Saturday

Disabled List
Mary - knee
Matt TX - Achilles
TJ - under the weather

Thinking of Melanie's father as he begins his chemotherapy treatment.

Salty Manatee Month of Motivational Mayhem Challenge participants, keep it up!  Mary reports:

• 100% - 16 people
  • 87.5% - 5 people

Go MATT MS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt TX and Mary straighten up would ya?

As for me, I'm mostly better. I'm at the stage where I feel pretty good but still sound terrible.

Yanti, glad to see things are improving and that you are actually gaining consistency in your training! What a novel concept

And like Mary said GO BRONCOS

2015-01-09 9:51 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by rrrunner

Racing Manatees!

January 10-11

Disabled List
Mary - knee
Matt TX - Achilles
TJ - under the weather

Salty Manatee Month of Motivational Mayhem Challenge participants, keep it up!  Mary reports:

• 100% - 16 people
  • 87.5% - 5 people

Go MATT MS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt TX and Mary straighten up would ya?

As for me, I'm mostly better. I'm at the stage where I feel pretty good but still sound terrible.

Yanti, glad to see things are improving and that you are actually gaining consistency in your training! What a novel concept

And like Mary said GO BRONCOS

Aw, glad you feel on the upswing, no need to rush things anyway ... oh, and I fixt that for ya

2015-01-09 10:09 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by Jet Black And as far as training goes, I'm wiped! Looking forward to the scheduled day off tomorrow. Although I will be doing plenty of 12oz biceps curls.

I wonder if Mary will let you count those???

Well, I did count Troy's Monday workout: "Vacuum cleaner lat pulls, Recycling bin clean and jerk, Laundry lunges, Dang I forgot that shuttle runs up and down stairs (alot of this), dishwasher load and unload (curls and extensions)."  Figured he got credit for creativity at the very least and housecleaning IS hard work.

I had to make it a workout because it was UoooFDA cold and weighing the risk of a car saying "WwAAA WWAA I dont want to start" when it was time to go home. Besides, I have learned a new appreciation for domestic upkeep since DW is working and I am the SAHD.

If Mary counts 12oz curls I am going to include the exercise of my next brewing session.
2015-01-09 10:11 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by fortissimo 

Wait! You are at my favorite place in the entire world right now??? Will you please eat a Mickey Ice Cream Bar for me? Have an amazing time!

We were there in December for the Christmas Processional, amongst other things. Whilst there we had our new favorite Disney food, the Sleepy Hollow Spicy and Sweet Chicken Waffle:

Also, for Ice Cream, hit the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor for one of these babies:

It is best eaten at the end of the day with someone special at the street corner tables as strollers full of bedraggled princesses are wheeled out of the park by even more bedraggled parents. 

BTW, let me know when the Manatee Mickey Marathon Meetup will be held and I will personally purchase each Manatee and SO a beer on one of the evenings. 

Here is a selfie test (I have not mastered the art of the selfie) from our trip:

Mmmmmm...Sleepy Hallow Spicy and Sweet Chicken and Waffles.

What about a Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon meet at Disndeyland on Nov. 15th? It would happen to be my 50th birthday and because I'm really 5 not almost 50 I want to run a Disney race.

2015-01-09 10:13 AM

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake

Racing Manatees!

January 10-11

Disabled List
Mary - knee
Matt TX - Achilles
TJ - under the weather

• 100% - 16 people
  • 87.5% - 5 people

Have a great race Matt!

For everyone else keep moving.
2015-01-09 10:20 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Wait! You are at my favorite place in the entire world right now??? Will you please eat a Mickey Ice Cream Bar for me? Have an amazing time!

We were there in December for the Christmas Processional, amongst other things. Whilst there we had our new favorite Disney food, the Sleepy Hollow Spicy and Sweet Chicken Waffle:

Also, for Ice Cream, hit the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor for one of these babies:

It is best eaten at the end of the day with someone special at the street corner tables as strollers full of bedraggled princesses are wheeled out of the park by even more bedraggled parents. 

BTW, let me know when the Manatee Mickey Marathon Meetup will be held and I will personally purchase each Manatee and SO a beer on one of the evenings. 

Here is a selfie test (I have not mastered the art of the selfie) from our trip:

Mmmmmm...Sleepy Hallow Spicy and Sweet Chicken and Waffles. What about a Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon meet at Disndeyland on Nov. 15th? It would happen to be my 50th birthday and because I'm really 5 not almost 50 I want to run a Disney race.

DS2 and I would luv to run the Avengers HM! He is a huge Avengers fan and a huge SoCal fan.

2015-01-09 10:39 AM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Chris, I've found something for you...

Bacon Tacos, Mmmmmm...

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
image.jpg (90KB - 2 downloads)
2015-01-09 10:47 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Chris, I've found something for you... Bacon Tacos, Mmmmmm...

Oh my gosh my boys would love those!!!!!!!!!

2015-01-09 11:23 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Chris, I've found something for you... Bacon Tacos, Mmmmmm...

Oh my gosh my boys would love those!!!!!!!!!

With this for dessert.

2015-01-09 11:25 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Mmmmmm...Sleepy Hallow Spicy and Sweet Chicken and Waffles. What about a Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon meet at Disndeyland on Nov. 15th? It would happen to be my 50th birthday and because I'm really 5 not almost 50 I want to run a Disney race.

DS2 and I would luv to run the Avengers HM! He is a huge Avengers fan and a huge SoCal fan.

Ooooh - an Avengers HM???  I wanna do THAT!  

2015-01-09 11:26 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by Jet Black And as far as training goes, I'm wiped! Looking forward to the scheduled day off tomorrow. Although I will be doing plenty of 12oz biceps curls.

AH, the ever popular Friday evening workout. Mine should start around 4:15 today, which can not come soon enough. So far this morning I've had core system issues, file import issues, file export issues, and SharePoint permission problems, just to name a few. And all my research into these issues points to the same department. Now to go fix these messes.

ARGH! Janyne, when are you moving to Florida???? I need some IT PROFESSIONALS!!! These amateurs couldn't spell cat if I started them off with a "C" and an "A".

OK, I'm done ranting, thanks for that.

Chris, I think you need a cake like this (picture and snarky comment at bottom from today's cakewrecks.com):

I mean, the urge to put a plastic roach in this thing must have been OVERWHELMING.

ETA:  love TW's sweatshirt in the selfie, btw. Very festive and cute.

Edited by laffinrock 2015-01-09 11:30 AM
2015-01-09 11:32 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

AH, the ever popular Friday evening workout. Mine should start around 4:15 today, which can not come soon enough. So far this morning I've had core system issues, file import issues, file export issues, and SharePoint permission problems, just to name a few. And all my research into these issues points to the same department. Now to go fix these messes.

ARGH! Janyne, when are you moving to Florida???? I need some IT PROFESSIONALS!!! These amateurs couldn't spell cat if I started them off with a "C" and an "A".

OK, I'm done ranting, thanks for that.

Chris, I think you need a cake like this (picture and snarky comment at bottom from today's cakewrecks.com):

I mean, the urge to put a plastic roach in this thing must have been OVERWHELMING.

ETA:  love TW's sweatshirt in the selfie, btw. Very festive and cute.

She actually wore it for a pic we took on IG for Janyne. Elf on a shelf.

2015-01-09 11:33 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

This rocks!!!!!! Thank you Darren for pushing my cholesterol level up yet another notch. I have some work to do now.

2015-01-09 11:37 AM

User image

Chatham Ontario
Originally posted by Richardsdrr

Chris, I've found something for you...

Bacon Tacos, Mmmmmm...

I know it is for the other Chris but um.... Can someone come wipe up the drool off my keyboard.

2015-01-09 11:42 AM
in reply to: Techdiver

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Techdiver
I know it is for the other Chris but um.... Can someone come wipe up the drool off my keyboard.

Chris (Dub6) is that in your job description?

2015-01-09 11:45 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Watch out. It might cause bugs if not taken care of quickly.

2015-01-09 11:46 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

That bacon taco is awesome.  I'm going to try to surprise my wife with one this weekend.  She would love it.

And good luck Matt in your race this weekend.  Can't wait to hear how it goes.

And everyone enjoy their weekend.  Looks pretty chilly in a lot of areas so stay safe.  Stacey, try to stay cool.

Edited by popsracer 2015-01-09 11:47 AM
2015-01-09 12:04 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by amd723

Racing Manatees!

January 10-11

Disabled List
Mary - knee
Matt TX - Achilles
TJ - under the weather

• 100% - 16 people
  • 87.5% - 5 people

Go Matt MS, Go!!

DLers, you know what you have to do!!

Challenge peeps, we are rocking it the first 8 days .  Hope we can keep it up for the remaining 23!! (someone please check my math )

Yes, what she said^^^^^

Goooooo!

2015-01-09 12:05 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

It is all covered under "other duties as assigned".

2015-01-09 12:06 PM

User image

Seattle

Racing Manatees!

January 10-11

Disabled List
Mary - knee
Matt TX - Achilles
TJ - under the weather

• 100% - 16 people
  • 87.5% - 5 people

Good luck Matt. That is an interesting distance! Surely it will be a PR

2015-01-09 12:23 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Good luck in your race this weekend, Matt MS!  It sounds like a very fun event.

Thank you all, truly, for Dad's and my well-wishes.  *knocking on lots of wood* he's still feeling OK today, I'm really hoping the trend continues.  He said his phone has been ringing all morning with his pals checking up on him.

Chris and Darren - you need to supply towels when you send out food pics like that!! 

DLers, please continue to heal, mend, and feel better. 

Yanti, I'm so glad you and Smoky (he's just the cutest dang thing) are both improving.  Let's keep it that way, m'kay?

2015-01-09 1:17 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master

Originally posted by ponderingfox

Alrighty, Mighty Mad Manatees!  This week's tally is done and here are the results, reported in terms of % of successful days since not everybody started on day 1.  If anybody has any ideas for better ways to report, I'm open to suggestions.

• 100% - 16 people
  • 87.5% - 5 people

We're doing great, folks.  We're over a quarter of the way through the month and there's lots of good stuff in your logs.  Just keep swimming, Manatees, just keep swimming (and biking and running and stretching and lifting and mowing and vacuuming and all the other stuff you do)!!

I would be in for being a part of this, but I believe that taking a day off is important.  So, I'll never hit 100%, but I'll consistently do 6/7.

Tom, I feel the same.  On my "day off" I do 10 min of stretching/foam rolling for the challenge.

2015-01-09 1:19 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by IronOx

Originally posted by ponderingfox

Alrighty, Mighty Mad Manatees!  This week's tally is done and here are the results, reported in terms of % of successful days since not everybody started on day 1.  If anybody has any ideas for better ways to report, I'm open to suggestions.

• 100% - 16 people
  • 87.5% - 5 people

We're doing great, folks.  We're over a quarter of the way through the month and there's lots of good stuff in your logs.  Just keep swimming, Manatees, just keep swimming (and biking and running and stretching and lifting and mowing and vacuuming and all the other stuff you do)!!

I would be in for being a part of this, but I believe that taking a day off is important.  So, I'll never hit 100%, but I'll consistently do 6/7.

Tom, I feel the same.  On my "day off" I do 10 min of stretching/foam rolling for the challenge.

Yeah, "off" means a lot of different things to a lot of people. More often than not, especially for anyone with some experience under their belt, off doesn't mean inactive. It's a perfect day to do some stretching/yoga/drills/cross-training etc. 

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 55403 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.