BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 440

2013-10-15 4:35 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes)

Originally posted by KansasMom

Good afternoon! Thanks for your kind thoughts and well wishes. I am feeling almost 100% today, and it's a good thing, too, because it's been hellaciously busy today.

I am going to try an easy run this evening. My blood pressure seems to have settled back down. Not as low as I would like it to be, but at least within the standards of normal. I don't have a headache this afternoon, for the first time in a week!

I've been keeping up sporadically. TJ -- I'm so sorry for your back spasm/knot. Those shoes -- the Fluevog -- I had to google them. Way out of my price range, but super awesome -- any of them.

We have one more xc meet this week. My son ran a 7:28 at the last meet, 3rd man for his team. He is phoning it in so much, and it drives me crazy. I ended up working at the meet, so I saw every runner run by at about half a mile from the finish. Almost everyone is panting and huffing and puffing and sweating (looking like the guy without a shirt), and then my son runs by looking like Zeddie (minus the facial hair). Drives me batty. He could blow by everyone if he would just break a sweat.

Got another meeting. Bye.

What distance are they racing for XC at that age? And what is "that age" btw?

Oh yeah, it's 9 isn't it? I'm still requesting a book from you titled, "Shyte my 9 year old says"

And now it's going to need an accompanying picture of him striking his ridiculously photogenic running pose

Edited by Asalzwed 2013-10-15 4:58 PM

2013-10-15 4:53 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by bcraht

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Originally posted by switch

I've done two short rides the last couple of days. Felt pretty good during/after. Debating doing my first yoga class in three weeks.

My anniversary sprint is Nov 2. Gives me 2 1/2 weeks...Do I contemplate it or forget it?

Contemplate the yoga or the sprint?

Lol, my answer is yes either way

Well, the yoga was a go....go and feel like a newborn. lol  Sheesh! Two weeks on the couch and my muscles were screaming at me.

I feel like I can work back to doing the sprint, but I keep hearing Monica telling me not to do anything stupid 

Monica drank a bottle of wine or 3 the night before AG Nationals.  She may not be the best source of 'anything stupid'.  Just sayin'

this made me lol.  awesome

2013-10-15 4:53 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

I've done two short rides the last couple of days. Felt pretty good during/after. Debating doing my first yoga class in three weeks.

My anniversary sprint is Nov 2. Gives me 2 1/2 weeks...Do I contemplate it or forget it?

Well, the yoga was a go....go and feel like a newborn. lol  Sheesh! Two weeks on the couch and my muscles were screaming at me.

I feel like I can work back to doing the sprint, but I keep hearing Monica telling me not to do anything stupid 

Monica drank a bottle of wine or 3 the night before AG Nationals.  She may not be the best source of 'anything stupid'.  Just sayin'

Hey now... it was only ONE bottle of wine.  It just happened to be 3ft tall. 

Fine, I totally resemble that remark.   Do as I say, not as I do! 

2013-10-15 4:56 PM
in reply to: KansasMom

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Good afternoon! Thanks for your kind thoughts and well wishes. I am feeling almost 100% today, and it's a good thing, too, because it's been hellaciously busy today.

I am going to try an easy run this evening. My blood pressure seems to have settled back down. Not as low as I would like it to be, but at least within the standards of normal. I don't have a headache this afternoon, for the first time in a week!

I've been keeping up sporadically. TJ -- I'm so sorry for your back spasm/knot. Those shoes -- the Fluevog -- I had to google them. Way out of my price range, but super awesome -- any of them.

We have one more xc meet this week. My son ran a 7:28 at the last meet, 3rd man for his team. He is phoning it in so much, and it drives me crazy. I ended up working at the meet, so I saw every runner run by at about half a mile from the finish. Almost everyone is panting and huffing and puffing and sweating (looking like the guy without a shirt), and then my son runs by looking like Zeddie (minus the facial hair). Drives me batty. He could blow by everyone if he would just break a sweat.

SO happy to hear from you and that you're doing better! 

Keep going with that healing thing. 

2013-10-15 4:59 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

A 3 ft bottle of wine can only be effective when balanced by a 12 lb plate of nachos. 

2013-10-15 5:02 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Supershitty nachos.

2013-10-15 5:07 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Seattle

Supershitty nachos.

78% lettuce

2013-10-15 5:07 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Which is why I listen when you SAY don't do anything stupid, and simply find great amusement (and learning opportunities) in what you actually choose to DO

2013-10-15 5:10 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Supershitty nachos.

78% lettuce

shredded bag letttuce. and an entourage.

2013-10-15 5:23 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Veteran
East Texas
now i'm craving nachos
2013-10-15 5:25 PM
in reply to: JJ-

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by JJ- now i'm craving nachos

after that description?

How about wine?

2013-10-15 6:02 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by rrrunner

My first thought was my myotherapist. But unfortunately I can't take time off work to go. "Essential" means no time off. Guess I'll stole for the chair massager.

As for torquing it yesterday, all I did was a two mile run and cook the rest of the day.
TJ I have found if I can't get a massage then the best thing to do is get a tennis ball, preferably a fairly firm one that hasn't been beaten to death, put it on the floor and lay on top of it, then roll around on it moving it under the sore spots a bit like foam rolling but on a ball. You will eventually find the major knot cause it will hurt so FACHING bad that it will make you cry, but it will fix it to the point where you will be able to cope until you can't get to your mayo therapist. Which if she is anything like my Bowen therapist you will want to leave until after your HM anyway cause you won't be able to move for a couple of days after.
2013-10-15 6:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Yanti have fun with the Swim smooth piglets today and we want pictures preferably just before he gets in the pool

Oh and of you too of course!

Edited by StaceyK 2013-10-15 6:06 PM
2013-10-15 6:56 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master

Cleared to swim.  .

That is all.

2013-10-15 6:58 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Cleared to swim.  .

That is all.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!

2013-10-15 7:05 PM
in reply to: TriAya

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Ohmergosh. About 4 1/2 days to race time!!! What to wear?! What to eat?! Arghhhhhhhh!

So as I mentioned earlier I started reading The Four Pillars of Triathlon which discusses the mental aspects of training and racing. So the authors were discussing imagination and tell the reader to recall a time when the reader was performing strongly (not necessarily athletically). Then they ask about the mind's eye pictures. Are they moving or still? Black and white or color? Large or small?

Now here is where they lost me... Where in your field of vision - above or below the horizon, or left or right of center? Does the picture have a border around it?

I can't answer those questions. I guess my mind's eye pictures are more vague than other people? {shrug}

2013-10-15 7:06 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by StaceyK
Originally posted by rrrunner My first thought was my myotherapist. But unfortunately I can't take time off work to go. "Essential" means no time off. Guess I'll stole for the chair massager. As for torquing it yesterday, all I did was a two mile run and cook the rest of the day.
TJ I have found if I can't get a massage then the best thing to do is get a tennis ball, preferably a fairly firm one that hasn't been beaten to death, put it on the floor and lay on top of it, then roll around on it moving it under the sore spots a bit like foam rolling but on a ball. You will eventually find the major knot cause it will hurt so FACHING bad that it will make you cry, but it will fix it to the point where you will be able to cope until you can't get to your mayo therapist. Which if she is anything like my Bowen therapist you will want to leave until after your HM anyway cause you won't be able to move for a couple of days after.

I sat down with my chair massager when I got home. Hoping DH will offer to work on it later . Feeling better now but decided not to run this afternoon. I'll see how I feel in the morning.

2013-10-15 7:24 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by rrrunner

Ohmergosh. About 4 1/2 days to race time!!! What to wear?! What to eat?! Arghhhhhhhh!

So as I mentioned earlier I started reading The Four Pillars of Triathlon which discusses the mental aspects of training and racing. So the authors were discussing imagination and tell the reader to recall a time when the reader was performing strongly (not necessarily athletically). Then they ask about the mind's eye pictures. Are they moving or still? Black and white or color? Large or small?

Now here is where they lost me... Where in your field of vision - above or below the horizon, or left or right of center? Does the picture have a border around it?

I can't answer those questions. I guess my mind's eye pictures are more vague than other people? {shrug}

Yeah, that stuff never works for me either.
2013-10-15 9:26 PM

User image

Master
Central Kansas

Originally posted by Asalzwed

What distance are they racing for XC at that age? And what is "that age" btw?

Oh yeah, it's 9 isn't it? I'm still requesting a book from you titled, "Shyte my 9 year old says"

And now it's going to need an accompanying picture of him striking his ridiculously photogenic running pose

It's one mile for 7th graders. You are thinking of my 6 year old. He is hysterical.

2013-10-15 10:47 PM
in reply to: #4723700

User image

Elite
Stories from Kona

7 miles into the run Crowies about 50m behind Luke Bell Jordan Rapp and passes Macca spectating Macca says Come on champ close the gap and catch them

Crowie smiled and said 'catch them?!!! I just got dropped'

Then 2 miles to go Crowie passes Macca and Macca high fives him and says 'you're a legend Crowie you're a bloody legend'

Crowie replies' thanks mate so are you'

Man are we gonna miss these legends
2013-10-16 7:01 AM
in reply to: jobaxas

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Originally posted by jobaxas Stories from Kona 7 miles into the run Crowies about 50m behind Luke Bell Jordan Rapp and passes Macca spectating Macca says Come on champ close the gap and catch them Crowie smiled and said 'catch them?!!! I just got dropped' Then 2 miles to go Crowie passes Macca and Macca high fives him and says 'you're a legend Crowie you're a bloody legend' Crowie replies' thanks mate so are you' Man are we gonna miss these legends

They are amazing.....simply amazing.

2013-10-16 9:24 AM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by QueenZipp

Originally posted by jobaxas Stories from Kona 7 miles into the run Crowies about 50m behind Luke Bell Jordan Rapp and passes Macca spectating Macca says Come on champ close the gap and catch them Crowie smiled and said 'catch them?!!! I just got dropped' Then 2 miles to go Crowie passes Macca and Macca high fives him and says 'you're a legend Crowie you're a bloody legend' Crowie replies' thanks mate so are you' Man are we gonna miss these legends

They are amazing.....simply amazing.

x ∞

So much fun to watch!  They will be missed. 

2013-10-16 9:53 AM

User image

Master
Central Kansas

Baby boy's birthday today. He is 7 and full of "spit and vinegar" as my grandmother would have said.

Top from  L-R: Mommy, Bryan (17, on the computer), Ben (12, asleep and drooling)

Bottom from L-R: Jayson (the "perfect" child), Daddy

Edited by KansasMom 2013-10-16 9:54 AM
2013-10-16 10:13 AM
in reply to: KansasMom

User image

Seattle

Baby boy's birthday today. He is 7 and full of "spit and vinegar" as my grandmother would have said.

Top from  L-R: Mommy, Bryan (17, on the computer), Ben (12, asleep and drooling)

Bottom from L-R: Jayson (the "perfect" child), Daddy

SO AWESOME!!! Yes, why wouldn't he have drool coming out of his mouth!

Happy birthday little one! 

2013-10-16 10:38 AM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

Cleared to swim.  .

That is all.

w00t!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  

of 440