General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ford Ironman Wisconsin : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 56

2011-09-05 5:02 PM
in reply to: #3673368

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: RE: Ford Ironman Wisconsin : Official Thread
KathyG - 2011-09-05 9:26 AM

Anyone making a list of BT racers with names and bib numbers?

There is sorta an Informal list on the "Bib numbers are up!!" thread in the Wisconsin Forum

2011-09-05 5:45 PM
in reply to: #3111494

User image

Veteran
Iowa
Does anyone know if Cervelo will  be at the race this year??  I picked my bike up from the bike shop on Friday and my mechanic noticed a small hairline crack on the top of the top tube at the seat post....after further review, he thought it was a crack in the clear coat and not the carbon...so I took it to the place I bought and they confirmed that they thought it was a crack in the clear coat.....Just one more thing for me to have to worry about...there isn't much I can do about it now but thought I would see what the Cervelo folks think if they will be there....just peace of mind!!  Anyway, I'm bib #1515 if anyone is putting a list together.
2011-09-06 6:33 AM
in reply to: #3673773

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
IdealMuse - 2011-09-05 5:02 PM
KathyG - 2011-09-05 9:26 AM

Anyone making a list of BT racers with names and bib numbers?

There is sorta an Informal list on the "Bib numbers are up!!" thread in the Wisconsin Forum

We're keeping track of all our Donkai members and close BT friends, but all may add your name, bib #, and BT handle.

(Copy the contents of this post, paste into your post and add yours at the end.  IdealMuse, I already added yours).

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=266055&posts=37#M3674195

2011-09-06 8:36 AM
in reply to: #3674198

User image

Cincinnati, OH

Anyone else getting a little antsy?  You know, just REALLY ready to get this thing started.  I was impressed with myself when I made it through the first two weeks of taper without generally freaking out, but this last week is a little different.  I’ve been having trouble sleeping since about Saturday night.  Just worrying about things I can’t control – randomly snapping a derailleur cable, weather, etc. 

I’m trying very hard to keep this stuff out of my head and focus on the mountain of a to-do list we have before we leave for Madison.  But without fail, every morning at 3-4am, I wake up thinking about the race.  That’s killing me, as I know sleep is important this week.  And then all my tossing and turning wakes my wife up, so I fill her in on the details of the random thoughts going through my head. 

I can’t imagine living with me right now…..

Edited by sfulkers 2011-09-06 8:37 AM
2011-09-06 8:47 AM
in reply to: #3674321

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2011-09-06 8:50 AM

New user
Milwaukee
Taper = idle time to second guess all the training.   I'm seem to be waking up a little early too.  Trying to look on the bright side that on Sunday it won't seem nearly as early. 

2011-09-06 9:22 AM

I agree the taper thing sucks, I always 2nd guess myself and over analyze everything, on a bright side lake temps are a cool 67 degrees as of this morning, might be thinking of the full sleeve wetsuit now, I hate bringing it up because it can and will change a dozen times before then but the extended forecast looks great, 77 sunny little or no wind! We can only hope!
2011-09-06 9:37 AM

Regular
Stoughton, WI
sfulkers - 2011-09-06 8:36 AM

Anyone else getting a little antsy?  You know, just REALLY ready to get this thing started.  I was impressed with myself when I made it through the first two weeks of taper without generally freaking out, but this last week is a little different.  I’ve been having trouble sleeping since about Saturday night.  Just worrying about things I can’t control – randomly snapping a derailleur cable, weather, etc. 

I’m trying very hard to keep this stuff out of my head and focus on the mountain of a to-do list we have before we leave for Madison.  But without fail, every morning at 3-4am, I wake up thinking about the race.  That’s killing me, as I know sleep is important this week.  And then all my tossing and turning wakes my wife up, so I fill her in on the details of the random thoughts going through my head. 

I can’t imagine living with me right now…..

GREAT!  I never even thought about these sorts of things!  I don't know how to fix that!  Something new to worry about!

2011-09-06 9:50 AM

Master
Lexington, KY

Started feeling pretty jittery last few days, which hasn't happened much to me before.  I probably need to cut back on coffee...

2011-09-06 9:53 AM
in reply to: #3673723

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Race week friends! So excited for ya'll

Edited by lisac957 2011-09-06 9:54 AM
2011-09-06 10:15 AM

I usually don't like tapers, but this one has been particularly hard.
Between obsessing over the details of race day and experiancing a new tweak everyday, its driving me crazy!
C'mon race day!

2011-09-06 10:43 AM

Veteran
Skokie, IL
Came down with a bug yesterday. I am totally freaking out. I ran a marathon last year with a cold and it was a disaster, so I can't even fathom an IM. I am in survival mode, resting, pushing liquids and literally praying. I imagine that best case scenario is I am feeling better by Sunday, but know I will not be 100%.
2011-09-06 10:52 AM
in reply to: #3674564

Regular
Stoughton, WI

McLuvin - 2011-09-06 10:43 AM Came down with a bug yesterday. I am totally freaking out. I ran a marathon last year with a cold and it was a disaster, so I can't even fathom an IM. I am in survival mode, resting, pushing liquids and literally praying. I imagine that best case scenario is I am feeling better by Sunday, but know I will not be 100%.

Yup - same here (I think).  Woke up with a sore throat this morning.  Have the ear popping and general forehead pressure -- making me think it's a cold.  I was hoping it was from sleeping with the patio doors open and a 46 degree temperature this morning.  Now I get to obsess about my final 2 workouts - do them or skip them? 

2011-09-06 10:56 AM

Expert
Golden, CO
Did a 3 hour easy ride on Sunday..Actually kept hydrated for the first time in three months..even went to the bathroom twice...I got  back to my car to check what the actual temp was since I was plenty warm...and it was 55 degrees.  OK - real feel was about 67.   Thus I am still hoping, praying and doing a little dance everyday for a freak cold front to hit.

My brother has Badger tickets for me on Saturday and can't understand why I cannot attend.  At this point of freaking out I am almost in agreement..what more damage could it do.   Yes I am kidding..
2011-09-06 11:08 AM
in reply to: #3674581

gwenbert - 2011-09-06 10:52 AM

McLuvin - 2011-09-06 10:43 AM Came down with a bug yesterday. I am totally freaking out. I ran a marathon last year with a cold and it was a disaster, so I can't even fathom an IM. I am in survival mode, resting, pushing liquids and literally praying. I imagine that best case scenario is I am feeling better by Sunday, but know I will not be 100%.

Yup - same here (I think).  Woke up with a sore throat this morning.  Have the ear popping and general forehead pressure -- making me think it's a cold.  I was hoping it was from sleeping with the patio doors open and a 46 degree temperature this morning.  Now I get to obsess about my final 2 workouts - do them or skip them? 

When in doubt, rest. The training is already done. You can only do too much from here on out.
2011-09-06 11:26 AM

Expert
Littleton, Colorado
Had a bit of a cluster with TriBike Transport over the weekend.  Made reservation in early August to drop bike off at local shop on 9/4, and website says to drop it off one hour before closing time, which would mean by 4:00.  So 9/4 at 2:00 with the bike loaded into the car, I go online to check directions to the shop, to find the shop website indicating they are closed on Sundays.  Call the shop, and get voicemail, indicating shop is closed Sunday and Monday for the holiday.  Try to call TBT, but their offices are closed, so I leave a message on their emergency line.  Then I call another of the local partner shops.  Thank heaven they are open, and the guy says TBT has not yet picked up, and it would be OK to take my bike their.  I haul a$$ to the alternate shop, and they guy I had talked to on the phone spotted me right away--could have been the crazed, stressed-out, tapering IM athlete look I was rocking--and kindly takes my bike a gear bag, has me fill out TBT tickets for them, and does his best to reassure me that all is now fine.

I have yet to hear back from TBT.  When I double checked their website after dropping off my bike, it now says the drop-off date was 9/3 for all our local shops, but my reservation confirmation email says 9/4, and I never received any communication from TBT telling me it had changed.  I called back this morning, and again got vm.  I desperately want someone from TBT to tell me that they have my bike and it WILL be in WI for the race.  I leave tomorrow morning--ACK!

OK, thanks for letting me rant!

2011-09-06 11:35 AM

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member

I am enjoying every last stinkin' minute of this taper. I've done some ancillary cleaning around the house, I've done all my laundry, I'm all packed up for IMWI and ready to roll. Just a couple more stray items to get together, then we leave tomorrow night.

I have no trouble resting or relaxing. I know the work is done. There is not a single thing I can do at this point in time to change the preparation I've had for this race. Does that mean I'm calm? HE77 NO! I'm sick to my stomach. But I know I did the best I could to prepare, and I'm ready to go out there on Sunday and see what happens.

I'll see you guys out there! I'm so excited! I'm so nervous! Laughing

Actually, I think doing an IM the second time is a little more nerve wracking. I'm scared because I *know* what to expect (for the most part) and I know it's going to hurt. It's going to hurt on Sunday and it's REALLY GOING TO HURT on Monday. But, it is what it is, and I knew that when I signed up. WaaaHoooey!

Edited by Whizzzzz 2011-09-06 11:35 AM
2011-09-06 12:26 PM

New user

Can you guys give me a hand here?  This is my first IM, and I am curious on what type of things people typically forget or look over in the final week before the race.  I just want to make sure that I am good to go.
2011-09-06 12:33 PM
in reply to: #3674641

Pro
Brooklyn, NY

swgtri - 2011-09-06 12:26 PM Had a bit of a cluster with TriBike Transport over the weekend.  Made reservation in early August to drop bike off at local shop on 9/4, and website says to drop it off one hour before closing time, which would mean by 4:00.  So 9/4 at 2:00 with the bike loaded into the car, I go online to check directions to the shop, to find the shop website indicating they are closed on Sundays.  Call the shop, and get voicemail, indicating shop is closed Sunday and Monday for the holiday.  Try to call TBT, but their offices are closed, so I leave a message on their emergency line.  Then I call another of the local partner shops.  Thank heaven they are open, and the guy says TBT has not yet picked up, and it would be OK to take my bike their.  I haul a$$ to the alternate shop, and they guy I had talked to on the phone spotted me right away--could have been the crazed, stressed-out, tapering IM athlete look I was rocking--and kindly takes my bike a gear bag, has me fill out TBT tickets for them, and does his best to reassure me that all is now fine.

I have yet to hear back from TBT.  When I double checked their website after dropping off my bike, it now says the drop-off date was 9/3 for all our local shops, but my reservation confirmation email says 9/4, and I never received any communication from TBT telling me it had changed.  I called back this morning, and again got vm.  I desperately want someone from TBT to tell me that they have my bike and it WILL be in WI for the race.  I leave tomorrow morning--ACK!

OK, thanks for letting me rant!

TBT royally screwed up at Alcatraz this year and had to give us all a credit as a result. I also was ignored on an important complaint which makes me more frustrated than the initial screw up. I know it's a small company so I get it, but they have lacked in service. They also had my drop off incorrectly listed on the logistics page, but thankfully the confirmation email had corrected it, otherwise I would have been packing my bike on the plane. I would try emailing them too, that's the only way I got a reply. Best of luck!

2011-09-06 12:36 PM

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member
Too bad TBT pushed BIKE SHERPA completely out of business. They transported our bikes from Crystal Lake to IMCdA flawlessly and on time! And they gave us free tshirts and visors! Smile
2011-09-06 12:36 PM
in reply to: #3674581

Pro
Brooklyn, NY
gwenbert - 2011-09-06 11:52 AM

Skip them. The workouts right now are simply to stay loose. You could take a walk instead, do some foam rolling. A lot of folks get sick in the taper and usually it means you need more rest. My feet acted up so my workouts this week just got cut to bare minimum and I'm fine with that. You have the rest of the week to mend!

2011-09-06 12:37 PM
in reply to: #3674768

Pro
Brooklyn, NY

Whizzzzz - 2011-09-06 1:36 PM Too bad TBT pushed BIKE SHERPA completely out of business. They transported our bikes from Crystal Lake to IMCdA flawlessly and on time! And they gave us free tshirts and visors! Smile

TBT give free hats and visors, too bad they leave your gear bag out in the pouring rain and then let it fester for 10 days on a hot truck

2011-09-06 12:38 PM
in reply to: #3674659

Pro
Brooklyn, NY
Whizzzzz - 2011-09-06 12:35 PM

I am enjoying every last stinkin' minute of this taper. I've done some ancillary cleaning around the house, I've done all my laundry, I'm all packed up for IMWI and ready to roll. Just a couple more stray items to get together, then we leave tomorrow night.

I have no trouble resting or relaxing. I know the work is done. There is not a single thing I can do at this point in time to change the preparation I've had for this race. Does that mean I'm calm? HE77 NO! I'm sick to my stomach. But I know I did the best I could to prepare, and I'm ready to go out there on Sunday and see what happens.

I'll see you guys out there! I'm so excited! I'm so nervous! Laughing

Actually, I think doing an IM the second time is a little more nerve wracking. I'm scared because I *know* what to expect (for the most part) and I know it's going to hurt. It's going to hurt on Sunday and it's REALLY GOING TO HURT on Monday. But, it is what it is, and I knew that when I signed up. WaaaHoooey!

I'm with you, I couldn't be enjoying taper more. I sleep about 10 hours a night and am generally very lazy all day. I vacuumed up all the spider webs and did the laundry too, it actually looks like a real person lives here now! And my cat is thrilled to have me back, even if just for a moment.

2011-09-06 12:39 PM
in reply to: #3674744

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member

dnavarro82 - 2011-09-06 12:26 PM Can you guys give me a hand here?  This is my first IM, and I am curious on what type of things people typically forget or look over in the final week before the race.  I just want to make sure that I am good to go.

One thing someone told me was to pack up all the stuff you are going to need in T1 and in T2 into freezer storage bags... or ziplock baggies or something so that your individual little things don't go flying all over the T1 room, and everything stays together.

Try to keep it simple. Think of yourself during each of the events. Swim/Bike/Run. And pack it all up accordingly.

I find it to be a smart idea to put a med size towel in with your T1 stuff. You can wipe off your feet and your face and whatever else you wish to wipe prior to getting onto the bike. Don't forget chamois cream if you use it!!

2011-09-06 12:41 PM
in reply to: #3674773

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member
LazyMarathoner - 2011-09-06 12:37 PM

Whizzzzz - 2011-09-06 1:36 PM Too bad TBT pushed BIKE SHERPA completely out of business. They transported our bikes from Crystal Lake to IMCdA flawlessly and on time! And they gave us free tshirts and visors! Smile

TBT give free hats and visors, too bad they leave your gear bag out in the pouring rain and then let it fester for 10 days on a hot truck

Tasty!

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ford Ironman Wisconsin : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 56