BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-07-14 10:18 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Thank you thank you thank you to all of you for your encouragement to conquer the bike leg of my upcoming tri.  I rode it again on Sunday and finished the whole darned thing!!!  I didn't back down, didn't look up (too much), made it to the top , then enjoyed the ride down with a huge grin.  I might have gotten a few bugs in my teeth and my face hurt from smiling so much.  It took me an hour of riding with 5 stops for an additional 9 min. of stopping.  The stops were *before* I got to the breaking point, which really helped.  I even had enough left in the tank to do the run course around the lake (it's 2 laps; I only did one).  To say that I'm proud of myself is a HUGE understatement.  It kind of feels like the race is an afterthought now that I know that I can manage that ride.  DH was a little disappointed that he's not going to get to do it as a relay with me, but not so disappointed that he's willing to do the race himself.  Wimp.

You Manatees are and have been such a big part of my journey to overcome the "can't" attitude I developed while I was hurt for so long.  Much gratitude and (((hugs))) to each and every one of you!!

2015-07-14 10:28 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by laffinrock

Thank you thank you thank you to all of you for your encouragement to conquer the bike leg of my upcoming tri.  I rode it again on Sunday and finished the whole darned thing!!!  I didn't back down, didn't look up (too much), made it to the top , then enjoyed the ride down with a huge grin.  I might have gotten a few bugs in my teeth and my face hurt from smiling so much.  It took me an hour of riding with 5 stops for an additional 9 min. of stopping.  The stops were *before* I got to the breaking point, which really helped.  I even had enough left in the tank to do the run course around the lake (it's 2 laps; I only did one).  To say that I'm proud of myself is a HUGE understatement.  It kind of feels like the race is an afterthought now that I know that I can manage that ride.  DH was a little disappointed that he's not going to get to do it as a relay with me, but not so disappointed that he's willing to do the race himself.  Wimp.

You Manatees are and have been such a big part of my journey to overcome the "can't" attitude I developed while I was hurt for so long.  Much gratitude and (((hugs))) to each and every one of you!!

Totally awesome Mary!!! WAY TO GO!!!
2015-07-14 11:24 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Good stuff, congratulations!!

2015-07-14 11:31 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Wow, that is truly some good stuff.  And you had enough to run around the lake too.  I think we are all pretty proud of you.

2015-07-14 11:55 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

You freakin' ROCK!  That's a lot of good stuff in there and you are going to be ready physically and mentally for your tri, which is HUGE!  

Way to go!!  :D 

2015-07-14 12:38 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Pennsylvania

>>>>>ZOOOOM Quick fly by post.  My very wordy Syracuse RR is up if anyone is bored mindless, or wants to become bored mindless   I was off this am to take Dad for blood work, attempted to log in to work from home which I did for a whopping 20 minutes before they called with his appointment for a CAT scan to check out his side pain and wheezing.  Later gators >>>>>>

2015-07-14 12:41 PM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by Jet Black Who's watching the tour this morning? Fireworks...

I heard a little after the fact.  Definitely going to watch it tonight!

2015-07-14 12:42 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Ditto to what everyone else has said. You're a rock star! You spend so much (appreciated) time being a cheerleader for us - it's PAYBACK TIME! WOOT
2015-07-14 1:07 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Yay Mary

Prayers for you and Dad, Mel

Welcome back Monica

I just watched the TTT. Wow. Starting to watch Stage 10 now.

2015-07-14 2:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

That's awesome, Mary!  Good for you!

2015-07-14 2:09 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by rrrunner

Yay Mary

Welcome back Monica

Heh, I was trying to just fly under the radar and hope no one noticed my sudden reappearance to the Manatees.  

2015-07-14 2:15 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Yay Mary

Welcome back Monica

Heh, I was trying to just fly under the radar and hope no one noticed my sudden reappearance to the Manatees.  

Um, I don't think it's possible for you to fly under the radar in that flashy Betty kit of yours.

2015-07-14 2:29 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Yay Mary

Welcome back Monica

Um, I don't think it's possible for you to fly under the radar in that flashy Betty kit of yours.

Ha!  You may have a point, this year's team kit isn't quite as subdued as last year's...  

2015-07-14 2:42 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Yay Mary

Welcome back Monica

At least you reappeared for a good reason. Because Mary ROCK!!!!

2015-07-14 2:56 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by cdban66

Yay Mary

Welcome back Monica

At least you reappeared for a good reason. Because Mary ROCK!!!!

No, my last name is Stone, not Rock.

2015-07-14 6:05 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Great job Mary. Now go and get yourself one of those fantastic rewards off your list because you so deserve it! - All the way to the top of that hill, all the way around the bike course and a lap of the run course thrown in. You are a legend!

When's the race you are going to ROCK IT!

2015-07-14 8:55 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master

Originally posted by amd723

Morning Manatees!  I was in the mountains with limited access and limited time to use the internet, so I am way behind on the manatee musings.  Congrats to all the racers, well done to all.  I had a fun race in the mountains of western north carolina.  It was challenging for this flatlander, but good times all around.  I also managed to snag 2d in my AG.  Yay, for small races

Awesome!  Way to go!

2015-07-14 8:56 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Master

Originally posted by msteiner

I'll post a race report, but it felt good to finally be out racing.  The short version is this:

Paced the swim pretty well.  Was slower than my time last year by a good bit (1:50 difference), but when you don't put in volume that happens.  My bike was slower than last year, but all the times seemed down some.  I'm alright with that.  I will say that I had difficulty meeting my power targets that I hit in training.  I need to practice riding a rolling hill course with power.  My run was 30s/mile slower at 7:49 a mile.  I'll take that with my lack of volume and the fact that it was HOT out there.  

With all of that said it was good enough to place 2nd in 30-34.  Oh and I got a coffee mug too!

Nice!  Congrats!

2015-07-14 8:58 PM

User image

Master

Mary, I am soooooooooooo proud of you!  So awesome that you took it on again and kicked its a$$!!! 

2015-07-14 10:23 PM

User image

Woot! You got this, Mary!
2015-07-15 3:19 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
so just a quick question for the pod. Who pays a BT membership? What level are you and what benefits do you feel it gives you?

Please note there is no agenda here other than I have been thinking of using the 20 week Oly plan (2x balanced) for the start of the summer, which I would want to import into my training log. But I also want to shift the days around a bit to work with my life. So if I had a silver membership could I do this. Or would you just go with bronze and import the rearranged plan as your own plan?

Edited by StaceyK 2015-07-15 3:32 AM

2015-07-15 7:01 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by StaceyK so just a quick question for the pod. Who pays a BT membership? What level are you and what benefits do you feel it gives you? Please note there is no agenda here other than I have been thinking of using the 20 week Oly plan (2x balanced) for the start of the summer, which I would want to import into my training log. But I also want to shift the days around a bit to work with my life. So if I had a silver membership could I do this. Or would you just go with bronze and import the rearranged plan as your own plan?

No membership for me. I have not found the need for the training plan capability, given my limited goals.  I'm not sure what else you receive with a membership.  I would really have to look at the plan functions before I paid for any site.  One could argue that there is a certain return on investment for the other functionality, but that is a whole other can of worms.

2015-07-15 7:56 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by StaceyK

so just a quick question for the pod. Who pays a BT membership? What level are you and what benefits do you feel it gives you?

Please note there is no agenda here other than I have been thinking of using the 20 week Oly plan (2x balanced) for the start of the summer, which I would want to import into my training log. But I also want to shift the days around a bit to work with my life. So if I had a silver membership could I do this. Or would you just go with bronze and import the rearranged plan as your own plan?

I don't pay for a BT membership, but I do pay for a training peaks account. Note that you'll have to pay for both the premium account and a training plan over there, not sure over here. I love training peaks. Super easy to use and gives all sorts of useful feedback, especially the performance management chart. It is real easy to look at and see if you're getting fitter or not.

I don't use a paid plan over there, I just use the Annual Plan feature to help me determine my base/build/taper volume and schedule for my likely race schedule. That works for me because I have a pretty set schedule of MWF swimming with a masters team and am following a running program that I can slap in there too. I fill in the rest of the volume with spin classes as needed and longer rides on the weekends.
2015-07-15 7:58 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
I officially signed up for an international distance (1.5k/46k/10k) tri on August 2nd. I'm pretty excited to unleash all this fitness I've been busting my to build.
2015-07-15 8:27 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by Jet Black

I officially signed up for an international distance (1.5k/46k/10k) tri on August 2nd. I'm pretty excited to unleash all this fitness I've been busting my to build.
Great job Sean. I bit the bullet and handed over my $100 entry fee for my HM today so I have 6 and a bit weeks to get it together now.
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 68403 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 29147 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12300 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 38644 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67871 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.