BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 62

2013-12-11 12:36 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?)

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I did have shoes luckily I have several pair at my desk in fact. Time to keep some pants/shirt/sports bra etc.

2013-12-11 12:43 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I did have shoes luckily I have several pair at my desk in fact. Time to keep some pants/shirt/sports bra etc.

A recent thread about what to do with the "shoe bags" that we get from races got me thinking I should keep one of them at my desk or in my car with the items I normally forget (sports bras, socks and hair bands). Of course, then I'd need to remember to stock the back-up gear.

2013-12-11 12:51 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Originally posted by rrrunner

Thanks guys!

A recent thread about what to do with the "shoe bags" that we get from races got me thinking I should keep one of them at my desk or in my car with the items I normally forget (sports bras, socks and hair bands). Of course, then I'd need to remember to stock the back-up gear.

I keep a "shoe bag" from races in my gym bag to toss the sweaty and wet clothes/ towels into for transport home.

2013-12-11 1:03 PM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by QueenZipp

Thanks guys!

I keep a "shoe bag" from races in my gym bag to toss the sweaty and wet clothes/ towels into for transport home.

You're way fancier than I am Judi!! (and it's a good idea too)  

My sweaty clothes from this morning are currently festering in a plastic bag from Target.  

2013-12-11 1:05 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Just a little update from my end. 

We leave for Bend tomorrow for Nats. There is enough variance in the weather report that I have to bring a lot of stuff. It *could* be snowing and 20 degrees, or it *could* be raining and 38 degrees. I don't have a huge preference I guess, so long as it's not windy! 

The course was described as this, "King has been carving out this year's national championship course at River's Edge Golf Course — the past few weekends he literally has been trailblazing, clearing sagebrush and making trails between fairways — and runners will have plenty of short uphills, some hillside scrambles and maybe even a hay bale or two to clear. King's course is a 2,000-meter loop on which competitors will run a number of circuits, depending on their racing division.

“A lot of people will be yelling at me in December,” jokes King, who was an All-America cross-country runner at Cornell University."

We had an ehhh - unexpected tune up last night that I was ill-prepared for. The workout was a hilly 1 x 13' course simulation @ 6:05 pace. I had to do it in sweatpants and dress socks. So, I guess that means I'm ready!

I hope you weren't wearing the too-big-for-you pants and put on an equally unexpected show??  

Go have fun and kick some serious arse at nationals!!  Lol - I remember reading about the course previously and thinking "man, this might be the first time ever that I'm glad I'm not fast"  

2013-12-11 1:10 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

We leave for Bend tomorrow for Nats. There is enough variance in the weather report that I have to bring a lot of stuff. It *could* be snowing and 20 degrees, or it *could* be raining and 38 degrees. I don't have a huge preference I guess, so long as it's not windy! 

The course was described as this, "King has been carving out this year's national championship course at River's Edge Golf Course — the past few weekends he literally has been trailblazing, clearing sagebrush and making trails between fairways — and runners will have plenty of short uphills, some hillside scrambles and maybe even a hay bale or two to clear. King's course is a 2,000-meter loop on which competitors will run a number of circuits, depending on their racing division.

“A lot of people will be yelling at me in December,” jokes King, who was an All-America cross-country runner at Cornell University."

We had an ehhh - unexpected tune up last night that I was ill-prepared for. The workout was a hilly 1 x 13' course simulation @ 6:05 pace. I had to do it in sweatpants and dress socks. So, I guess that means I'm ready!

This sounds like it will play to your strengths!

2013-12-11 1:15 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

I hope you weren't wearing the too-big-for-you pants and put on an equally unexpected show??  

Go have fun and kick some serious arse at nationals!!  Lol - I remember reading about the course previously and thinking "man, this might be the first time ever that I'm glad I'm not fast"  

Oh my gosh, no kidding!

Ultimately, I was putting off doing laundry until right before my trip which is more or less the root of all these issues. Haha

2013-12-11 1:26 PM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Good luck in Nats Salty. Happy birthday Little E.

I've been busy toning up on my bike handling skills and am now almost as good as these peeps

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HhabgvIIXik&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3...

(I wish)
2013-12-11 1:45 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

Hopefully you guys can see the picture from daycare today. Note, I did not put the bow in. She asked for it so she could have a bow like her friend.

E

2013-12-11 2:06 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Oh my gosh, no kidding!

Ultimately, I was putting off doing laundry until right before my trip which is more or less the root of all these issues. Haha

LOL - I totally do that too!!  Makes me cringe to think of what my not-appropriate-for-work outfit will be the day before we fly to Vancouver...  

2013-12-11 2:07 PM

User image

Seattle

Oh my gosh, no kidding!

LOL - I totally do that too!!  Makes me cringe to think of what my not-appropriate-for-work outfit will be the day before we fly to Vancouver...  

Speaking of ... Are you going to be in Seattle for a bit? Poutine mile? Maybe just a drink?

2013-12-11 2:07 PM
in reply to: Artemis

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Artemis

Hopefully you guys can see the picture from daycare today. Note, I did not put the bow in. She asked for it so she could have a bow like her friend.

My work computer won't let me see the pic, but I'm sure she's just as adorable as she always is.  

Happy 2nd Birthday E!!!   :D 

2013-12-11 2:10 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Oh my gosh, no kidding!

Speaking of ... Are you going to be in Seattle for a bit? Poutine mile? Maybe just a drink?

We'll be in Seattle from sometime on the 28th (driving from Vancouver so who knows how long it will take to cross the border) until our plane leaves at 2pm on the 29th.  Will you and J be around??  I may or may not be in shape for a poutine mile after the gluttony of the previous week... but drinks?  Hell yes!!  

2013-12-11 2:15 PM

User image

Seattle

Oh my gosh, no kidding!

We'll be in Seattle from sometime on the 28th (driving from Vancouver so who knows how long it will take to cross the border) until our plane leaves at 2pm on the 29th.  Will you and J be around??  I may or may not be in shape for a poutine mile after the gluttony of the previous week... but drinks?  Hell yes!!  

I believe so! Please remind me when it's a little closer. 

2013-12-11 2:22 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by jmkizer

This sounds like it will play to your strengths!

Yes! But I'll still get my rear handed to me!

BTW I am workin' on a store in your hood right this moment 

2013-12-11 2:29 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Oh my gosh, no kidding!

I believe so! Please remind me when it's a little closer. 

Crap - I'm the one that has to have the memory?  You have no idea how disastrous that could be, but alright.  

Huh... maybe I could put a reminder in my phone to remind me to remind you!  Ta-DA!!!!  :D  

2013-12-11 3:07 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Hi Manatees!  Sorry I've been MIA for awhile.  I've been really busy.  My new job started on Monday; it's going well so far.  Lots of training for patient data.

E's 2nd birthday is today! Hard to believe she is already two. 

Congrats on the new job and

HAPPY BIG 2, LITTLE E!!!

2013-12-11 3:08 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Awesome!!!!  Just pack everything, LOL!  You will do great no matter what the weather and the course throw at you.  So exciting, can't wait to hear all about it!!!  I guess this isn't televised anywhere?

2013-12-11 3:11 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

E

LOVE that face!!!!  The bow is truly icing on the cake in that shot!

2013-12-11 3:42 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by melbo55

Awesome!!!!  Just pack everything, LOL!  You will do great no matter what the weather and the course throw at you.  So exciting, can't wait to hear all about it!!!  I guess this isn't televised anywhere?

If they do it will most likely be Flotrack. Or they might do a highlights video like this: http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/242912-2011-USATF-National-Club-Cross-Country-Championships/video/533312-Open-Women-6k-USATF-Club-National-Championship-Highlights

2013-12-11 4:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

E

HAPPY BIRTHDAY E!!!

I love the camera smile

Also CONGRATULATIONS on the new job, so glad you found something before Christmas. I hope you are enjoying it.

2013-12-11 4:10 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Originally posted by melbo55

If they do it will most likely be Flotrack. Or they might do a highlights video like this: http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/242912-2011-USATF-National-Club-Cross-Country-Championships/video/533312-Open-Women-6k-USATF-Club-National-Championship-Highlights

Good Luck Salty have fun. I can't wait to read the race report.
2013-12-11 4:32 PM
in reply to: TriAya

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Christmas shopping done so far...

DS2 - Adamo seat & 2 tickets to 3 Doors Down accoustic (and a Broncos scarf for his stocking)

Nephew-in-law - Bottles for his home brewing habit

That's it. Not off to a great start. I have some ideas for DH but haven't implemented any yet. So far everything except the scarf has been done via the interwebs.

How's everyone else doing at getting it done?

2013-12-11 6:01 PM

User image

Master
Orlando
Crazy around here, so this is a drive by post.Happy b-day E! Adorable as ever. Congrats on the new job Jen!

Good luck salty! can't wait to read your RR.

TJ, I am way, way, way behind on just about all things Xmas. The lights are up and I've purchased 2 gifts. Unfortunately, I have a lot more gifts to get and no idea what I should buy.

2013-12-11 6:53 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Christmas shopping done so far...

DS2 - Adamo seat & 2 tickets to 3 Doors Down accoustic (and a Broncos scarf for his stocking)

Nephew-in-law - Bottles for his home brewing habit

That's it. Not off to a great start. I have some ideas for DH but haven't implemented any yet. So far everything except the scarf has been done via the interwebs.

How's everyone else doing at getting it done?

We are mostly done here--just a gift for my in laws and stocking stuffers left.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?) Rss Feed  

of 62

RELATED POSTS

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : September 20, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Snapping hip syndrome is a condition described by a snapping sensation felt when the hip is flexed and extended. It is often also treated with anti-inflammatory medications and physical therapy.
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : May 29, 2012
I recently just ran a 5 mile race, and in the last 100 meters I was sprinting to pass someone and I felt a "pop" in my left arch. Could I have strained it? What is your advice for healing?
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.

date : September 3, 2006
Near the end of one of my long runs, I noticed my left hip aching. There was a slight pop with each step. The hip was sore for 2 days after the run.