BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-02-26 11:42 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work)

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by bcraht

For Monica.  This is Mozart.  The bag was just lying in the middle of the room; it is a fabric bag, which doesn't stay open.  He is fat, and had to work a fair bit to get himself in there.  

He got his workout in!  I think that he can log it as yoga.

Ha!  Does that mean I can log yoga when I squeeze myself into my tri top?

You'll just have to ask yourself, "What would Yanti do?"

Then, after 30 seconds of deliberation, log it ;-)

I SAW THAT

Heh. Kingsley and I put ourselves through a workout trying to get me into a dress yesterday--then we figured out it had a zipper down the side. Durrrr ... at least Kingsley has an excuse!

Into or out of

Nice to see you!

2014-02-27 12:14 AM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

For Monica.  This is Mozart.  The bag was just lying in the middle of the room; it is a fabric bag, which doesn't stay open.  He is fat, and had to work a fair bit to get himself in there.  

He got his workout in!  I think that he can log it as yoga.

Ha!  Does that mean I can log yoga when I squeeze myself into my tri top?

You'll just have to ask yourself, "What would Yanti do?"

Then, after 30 seconds of deliberation, log it ;-)

I SAW THAT

Heh. Kingsley and I put ourselves through a workout trying to get me into a dress yesterday--then we figured out it had a zipper down the side. Durrrr ... at least Kingsley has an excuse!

Into or out of

Nice to see you!

Yeah I'm thinking both too

I thought that you had gone home by now.
2014-02-27 8:58 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by KansasMom

Originally posted by amd723 This is a couple of years old, but since we have cat lovers on board. http://m.wimp.com/catdolphins/
Ahhh. Two of my favorite things. I never thought I'd see them together!

That is soooo cute!

Well I'm back among the living. Yesterday I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. DH is threatening to take the skewer out of my bike so I don't get too energetic and try to ride. I'll be happy if I hit my Jantastic goal this week.

On the family front, Mom was wheeled in to surgery for a double by-pass on her femoral a few minutes ago. This all started a few weeks ago when she hurt her foot and it didn't heal. Obviously it's escalated from there. About 10 years ago she had a brain aneurism so they took the artery from her leg to by-pass that. Of course did she quit smoking 10 years ago? NO! So now she is at risk of loosing at the very least some toes, possibly more. I want to go up but figure my post-op blah isn't going to help anybody  My nurse/SIL is keeping me posted.

Oh no!  I'm so sorry to hear this TJ!  {{hugs}}

2014-02-27 9:09 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by amd723 This is a couple of years old, but since we have cat lovers on board. http://m.wimp.com/catdolphins/

That is soooo cute!

Well I'm back among the living. Yesterday I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. DH is threatening to take the skewer out of my bike so I don't get too energetic and try to ride. I'll be happy if I hit my Jantastic goal this week.

On the family front, Mom was wheeled in to surgery for a double by-pass on her femoral a few minutes ago. This all started a few weeks ago when she hurt her foot and it didn't heal. Obviously it's escalated from there. About 10 years ago she had a brain aneurism so they took the artery from her leg to by-pass that. Of course did she quit smoking 10 years ago? NO! So now she is at risk of loosing at the very least some toes, possibly more. I want to go up but figure my post-op blah isn't going to help anybody  My nurse/SIL is keeping me posted.

X2!
2014-02-27 9:54 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Wishing the best for your mom and for you.  (((hugs))) and good, healing vibes being sent.

2014-02-27 1:15 PM

User image

Seattle

A bit of retail therapy. I ordered two pairs of Pure Connect 2's because they were 50% off and I'm not crazy about the 3's. 

I've been rockin' the flows lately and also just got a pair of drifts. I kind of feel like I can't go wrong with anything in the pure line. 

2014-02-27 2:01 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Asalzwed

A bit of retail therapy. I ordered two pairs of Pure Connect 2's because they were 50% off and I'm not crazy about the 3's. 

I've been rockin' the flows lately and also just got a pair of drifts. I kind of feel like I can't go wrong with anything in the pure line. 

Retail therapy in the form of Brooks Flows here, too.  Too good of a deal to pass up and I love the flows.  Connects I wear around as everyday shoes because they sometimes make my Achilles flare up.  I haven't tried any of the others in the pure line.

Edited by melbo55 2014-02-27 2:01 PM
2014-02-27 4:02 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Seattle

Oh yeah, and per the NASCAR discussion my sis just got back from Daytona

2014-02-27 4:25 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Orlando

Oh yeah, and per the NASCAR discussion my sis just got back from Daytona

did she get hailed on?

2014-02-27 5:49 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by melbo55

Retail therapy in the form of Brooks Flows here, too.  Too good of a deal to pass up and I love the flows.  Connects I wear around as everyday shoes because they sometimes make my Achilles flare up.  I haven't tried any of the others in the pure line.

Oh you guys suck! What did 50% off make them $50?
2014-02-27 5:54 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by StaceyK

Right now runningwarehouse.com has the 2s on liquidation for 59$.

2014-02-27 5:55 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Ummmmm $45 and free shipping ;-D
2014-02-27 5:56 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted by amd723

Oooooh! I should snag some more!
2014-02-27 6:10 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

so, isnt 45$ better than $59?

2014-02-27 10:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

So no news from Texas zoo's...hah. I am a poet. As of yet, nothing on that front, but today was the bombshell that the coworker who does not work would be moved out of the reptile area, leaving me as sole primary. On one hand,  I am very happy-- my animals will get much better care now, I will not be moved to other areas, etc. But on the other hand, it is going to be uncomfortably awkward at work now. He got on my case this afternoon when I asked a simple question... I get it, he's angry, feels mistreated, whatever, but seriously, treating me like crap (we'll, more than he usually does) is not cool. I am kind of a stress ball right now. 

On another note, my left shoulder is REALLY sore! The thing is, it's not a muscle soreness, it's kind of a joint pain, but doesn't hurt in movement--like right now, it's sort of an achy, stinging pain--without movement or anything! Any ideas????? I would like to have a happy shoulder again. 

2014-02-28 12:31 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

so, isnt 45$ better than $59?

There ya go bein logical again. I need to check to see how long the brooks discount lasts.

2014-02-28 12:34 PM
in reply to: kgore

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by kgore

So no news from Texas zoo's...hah. I am a poet. As of yet, nothing on that front, but today was the bombshell that the coworker who does not work would be moved out of the reptile area, leaving me as sole primary. On one hand,  I am very happy-- my animals will get much better care now, I will not be moved to other areas, etc. But on the other hand, it is going to be uncomfortably awkward at work now. He got on my case this afternoon when I asked a simple question... I get it, he's angry, feels mistreated, whatever, but seriously, treating me like crap (we'll, more than he usually does) is not cool. I am kind of a stress ball right now. 

On another note, my left shoulder is REALLY sore! The thing is, it's not a muscle soreness, it's kind of a joint pain, but doesn't hurt in movement--like right now, it's sort of an achy, stinging pain--without movement or anything! Any ideas????? I would like to have a happy shoulder again. 

Glad you will be the sole primary. I think it will be better for you AND the animals. As for the shoulder... I got nuthin. I was having some shoulder pain when I started taking the swim clinic and working it harder. Similar to what you are having, it was when I was just sitting. My coach suggested stretching the shoulders after swim. That helped but I think it was more my body getting accostomed to the work load... which I've probably lost now

2014-02-28 1:11 PM
in reply to: TriAya

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!

March 1-2
Kirsten - Vancouver's Hot Chocolate Run on Saturday <- she's gonna PR!
Lynne - Hot Chocolate 5k on Sunday
Ann-Marie - Swamp House half marathon on Sunday

Disabled list:
Darren - shin splits and calf pain
Jen - thyroid wackiness and foot sprain (the Transcend Report will have to wait)

Jantastic Information
Remember to log those runs!

2014-02-28 1:14 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

MMMMMMMMMMMMM, Chocolate.

Run well and heal up.

2014-02-28 1:29 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Seattle

Run Manatees run and enjoy that chocolate. Congrats on your PR, Kirsten

2014-02-28 3:11 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!

March 1-2

Disabled list:
Jen - thyroid wackiness and foot sprain (the Transcend Report will have to wait)

Jantastic Information

Hmmm, I'm running a race called swamp house and Lynne and Kirsten are running races with chocolate. Someone doesn't know how to pick a race

2014-02-28 3:55 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Racing Manatees!

March 1-2

Disabled list:

Jantastic Information

Hmmm, I'm running a race called swamp house and Lynne and Kirsten are running races with chocolate. Someone doesn't know how to pick a race

GO TEAM!!!!

TJ how's mom?

Kate - bummer about your shoulder. Do you have a PT you can talk to about it? I love my PT more than my Ortho.

SPEAKING of PT, I'm back with him again getting graston on my post tib tendon. The daily pain isn't as bad as last time but I want to nip it in the bud so I figured I'd go. (so don't put me on the DL!!) Well OMG either I blocked out how bad the graston pain was the first time or it's worse this time. URGH!!!! But I felt better when I walked out of there........only like 4 more weeks of that to go LOL

Been WICKED busy at work - 6 more Saturdays to go then I'm a free woman again. Thanks again to those that keep checking up on me. I do have workout data to catch up on, I swear I haven't been slacking.

Have a good weekend!

/MBC OUT!

Edited by mtnbikerchk 2014-02-28 3:56 PM
2014-02-28 4:19 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!

March 1-2
Kirsten - Vancouver's Hot Chocolate Run on Saturday

Disabled list:

I was chuckling at that, too, but personally I like the name Swamp House.   Although I really like hot chocolate.

Good luck racing manatees, have fun and be safe!

Recover and heal, injured manatees!

2014-02-28 7:04 PM

User image

Master

That is soooo cute!

x2!  How is she doing?

2014-02-28 7:06 PM

User image

Master

Racing Manatees!

March 1-2
Kirsten - Vancouver's Hot Chocolate Run on Saturday

Disabled list:

I was chuckling at that, too, but personally I like the name Swamp House.   Although I really like hot chocolate.

Good luck racing manatees, have fun and be safe!

Recover and heal, injured manatees!

After the week I have had, I wish it were the Vancouver Beer Run.  Or Scotch Run.  That would be good.

Monday: not bad

Tuesday: 3 melting down students plus a dept meeting <------always fun.  NOT

Wed: trying to get a RRSP contribution in to my Fin Advisor.  Who the hell doesn't do Electronic Money Transfers in 2014?  Really?

Thur: 3 shelter dogs for spay/neuter.  both females pregnant.  Student surgeries take forever to begin with.  This was an effing marathon.  And like my marathon, not Salty's.

Fri: 6 hours in lab and a Practicum site backing out at the last minute (the student is supposed to start Monday). Scramble, scramble, scramble.

Stooopid work! 

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED) Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21

Started by McFuzz
Views: 25668 Posts: 509

2014-10-29 11:38 AM McFuzz

Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32

Started by Baowolf
Views: 38306 Posts: 779

2014-05-23 8:02 PM Pink Socks

The Other Way - Training by Feeling and Racing to Train - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12

Started by pfomalont
Views: 18131 Posts: 299

2014-05-19 7:15 AM marriedthepoolguy

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11078 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.