BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN fast, furious, and closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 298

2011-05-24 9:49 PM
in reply to: #3516944

User image

Elite
san francisco
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN fast, furious, and closed
Redknight - 2011-05-24 5:38 PMHad a great swim tonight with some lady friends. How come almost all my friends are women. "NOT" complaining just wondering. I also finally completed my Personal training certification. I had to do an evaluation with the director of athletics at the university and when it was over she said I had done one of the best she had seen in a long time and offered me a p/t position as a personal trainer at the University. It was a long haul but totally worth it. I am on cloud nine right now. Hope everyone is having as good a day as I am.
Well, Rob, my day just got immeasurably better reading your great news! I am so happy for you, it is wonderful to be recognized for all of your hard work, especially when it is doing something you love! Kudos!

2011-05-24 9:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Yorktown, VA & Langley AFB

Redknight - 2011-05-24 7:38 PM Had a great swim tonight with some lady friends. How come almost all my friends are women. "NOT" complaining just wondering. I also finally completed my Personal training certification. I had to do an evaluation with the director of athletics at the university and when it was over she said I had done one of the best she had seen in a long time and offered me a p/t position as a personal trainer at the University. It was a long haul but totally worth it. I am on cloud nine right now. Hope everyone is having as good a day as I am.

Congrats Rob on all three things:

1) Excess Women ;-)

2) Certification - Nice!

3) Bonus Job Offer - Excellent!

2011-05-24 10:08 PM

User image

Master

Redknight - 2011-05-24 5:38 PM Had a great swim tonight with some lady friends. How come almost all my friends are women. "NOT" complaining just wondering. I also finally completed my Personal training certification. I had to do an evaluation with the director of athletics at the university and when it was over she said I had done one of the best she had seen in a long time and offered me a p/t position as a personal trainer at the University. It was a long haul but totally worth it. I am on cloud nine right now. Hope everyone is having as good a day as I am.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that we have a certified trainer here in the MG! Way to go, Rob!! Awesome on the position at the U, too. That is a huge compliment to you. Nicely done!!!

2011-05-24 10:13 PM
in reply to: #3517151

User image

Master

Can you guys stand me writing wonderful things about my daughter again?! So cool... her Girls on the Run group had their end-of-the-year party after school today, and of course each girl got a very personalized award. My daughter's? "Most likely to set a big goal... and accomplish it!" How perfect is that??!! The coaches awarded her this because on her last day of practice she aimed way high to run 15 laps (each lap is just shy of 1/4 mile). That was a huge goal given the timeframe and her previous bests. So what did she do? Ran 18 laps. Ha!! Love to see the determination in that girl when she sets her mind to something.

Not to be left out.... her brother is much the same. In spite of his broken thumb, this kid is going to every swim practice (he was cleared by the doc to kick) and kicks the ENTIRE workout with a kickboard. He doesn't miss a lap, and always does anything optional as well. You would think he would get frustrated and discouraged not swimming, but he's just excited at how he's keeping up a little better each day. It will be nice when he has his opposable thumb back again, ha!!

OK, proud mom filter off. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

2011-05-24 10:15 PM
in reply to: #3517108

User image

Master
fowlmood - 2011-05-24 7:31 PM

Congrats to John and all of the racers this weekend

Kyla congrats on your daughters race sounds like she will be an Olympic star soon.

No races for me last weekend even though I felt like I was in one. trying to get the house and parties ready for the events. Saturday I took my cousin to Fowler and let her run one of my dogs in a HRC hunt test and which they did pass even though they had a few glitches. Am really proud of Otis for front footing both marks especially when they were pigeons and hadn't picked up on of them in a year, Also he has never worked with anyone but me.

Sunday was the big day. My son Michael graduated from high school and with the weighted classes he took he is just a few credits shy of going into college as a sophomore.

And again Congrats to everyone.

So much to celebrate around these parts!! Congratulations to your son, Bryce!! Wow! That is a huge milestone. Sounds like he's a great kid.

And I, for one, can appreciate Otis' performance at the hunt test! It's really special when a dog will run for someone other than their handler. Kudos to you, Otis, and Fowler! Fun fun fun!!!

2011-05-24 10:18 PM

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California
fowlmood - 2011-05-24 7:31 PM

Kyla congrats on your daughters race sounds like she will be an Olympic star soon.

No races for me last weekend even though I felt like I was in one. trying to get the house and parties ready for the events. Saturday I took my cousin to Fowler and let her run one of my dogs in a HRC hunt test and which they did pass even though they had a few glitches. Am really proud of Otis for front footing both marks especially when they were pigeons and hadn't picked up on of them in a year, Also he has never worked with anyone but me.

Sunday was the big day. My son Michael graduated from high school and with the weighted classes he took he is just a few credits shy of going into college as a sophomore.

Hey!  Congrats.....6 days behind ya!  My middle guy gets out on Saturday....and we have 125 people coming to party on Sunday.  This will not be a good training week.

Edited by velcromom 2011-05-24 10:19 PM

2011-05-24 10:19 PM

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California

Redknight - 2011-05-24 5:38 PM Had a great swim tonight with some lady friends. How come almost all my friends are women. "NOT" complaining just wondering. I also finally completed my Personal training certification. I had to do an evaluation with the director of athletics at the university and when it was over she said I had done one of the best she had seen in a long time and offered me a p/t position as a personal trainer at the University. It was a long haul but totally worth it. I am on cloud nine right now. Hope everyone is having as good a day as I am.

Congrats, Rob!!  Very exciting!!!

2011-05-24 11:26 PM

User image

Redknight - 2011-05-24 8:38 PM Had a great swim tonight with some lady friends. How come almost all my friends are women. "NOT" complaining just wondering. I also finally completed my Personal training certification. I had to do an evaluation with the director of athletics at the university and when it was over she said I had done one of the best she had seen in a long time and offered me a p/t position as a personal trainer at the University. It was a long haul but totally worth it. I am on cloud nine right now. Hope everyone is having as good a day as I am.

That's so great! Congratulations, Rob!!

2011-05-24 11:33 PM
in reply to: #3517160

User image

kkcbelle - 2011-05-24 11:13 PM

Can you guys stand me writing wonderful things about my daughter again?! So cool... her Girls on the Run group had their end-of-the-year party after school today, and of course each girl got a very personalized award. My daughter's? "Most likely to set a big goal... and accomplish it!" How perfect is that??!! The coaches awarded her this because on her last day of practice she aimed way high to run 15 laps (each lap is just shy of 1/4 mile). That was a huge goal given the timeframe and her previous bests. So what did she do? Ran 18 laps. Ha!! Love to see the determination in that girl when she sets her mind to something.

Not to be left out.... her brother is much the same. In spite of his broken thumb, this kid is going to every swim practice (he was cleared by the doc to kick) and kicks the ENTIRE workout with a kickboard. He doesn't miss a lap, and always does anything optional as well. You would think he would get frustrated and discouraged not swimming, but he's just excited at how he's keeping up a little better each day. It will be nice when he has his opposable thumb back again, ha!!

OK, proud mom filter off. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out where they picked up these qualities! Congratulations, Ironmama!

2011-05-24 11:36 PM

User image

fowlmood - 2011-05-24 10:31 PM

Congratulations to you, your son, and Otis (great name, btw)!

2011-05-25 2:34 AM
in reply to: #3434069

User image

Sacramento, CA

Congrats to all the racers last weekend! 

I just completed a 12 hour grading session(ughhhh) and I am so happy to report I have graded my last paper of the semester AND posted grades. I am so happy....the last 2 weeks of wrapping up my semester at the college was really taxing my efforts.  Hard to balance to work, family and training...it was craZY. My friend said try to live by the 80% rule which was good advice.  Otherwise I might have given up entirely.

Now... back on with the training.  My Oly is in 3 weeks and I am supposed to be peaking this week!  Holy cow - missed my bike/run brike today so will try it tomorrow.

My hubby posted this on his FB page.... "If you can't beat em, join em!" and then proceeded to but a nice entry level bike!  HA!Laughing

2011-05-25 3:12 AM

User image

Elite
Raleigh

Got 3 hours sleep last night as I have to be on a 10 hour conference call that began at 3AM EST. This is going to be a long day. At least it beats having to fly to Germany EVERY month to attend the meetingsin person. I have to do it next month though. I hope we finish before the 1PM projected end time.

Maybe aI can do a strength routine in my office during the call..hmmm....

2011-05-25 5:29 AM

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!

WOO-HOO! Another weekend is nearly upon us and you know what that means!  Who is doing a little splish-splash, pedal, run action? I know of at least one chica....who's sporting some shoes for a speedy run?  Tell us all about it, including your strategy!

For the rest of us sideliners, what's on tap for the Holiday weekend?

2011-05-25 6:40 AM
in reply to: #3517313

User image

Champion
marietta
SSMinnow - 2011-05-25 6:29 AM

WOO-HOO! Another weekend is nearly upon us and you know what that means!  Who is doing a little splish-splash, pedal, run action? I know of at least one chica....who's sporting some shoes for a speedy run?  Tell us all about it, including your strategy!

good luck racing peeps!  i ain't doing nothin.  

2011-05-25 6:56 AM

User image

Champion
marietta

pretty cool pic from the start.  and that's only about 1/3 of us.  i think i'm just in front of the paddle board on the left. 

edit... purple is female.  green is male.  orange is challenged athlete though i don't see any in this pic.

GET READY SOON TO BE IRONPEEPS AND REPEAT OFFENDERS!!!

Edited by fattyfatfat 2011-05-25 6:58 AM
2011-05-25 7:40 AM

User image

Master
Horseheads, NY

No racing here.  We have a neighborhood yardsale on Saturday - that is much more of an endurance event then any race I have ever done!!

Good luck racers.

2011-05-25 7:43 AM

User image

Master
SSMinnow - 2011-05-25 3:29 AM

No racing. Woot! Having a sleepover with my BFF and our daughters on Friday -- can't wait. Hanging out with some friends. Trying to keep Dave busy so he doesn't make us clean the garage. Hoping the sun will shine!

2011-05-25 7:51 AM

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia

Greenbelt Training Series race tonight.  30 min Crit.  LOL here's my plan per my coach (who whimped out on tonights race)

Ride in front 1/3 throughout, but don't work for it. With 3 laps to go get into the top 10 and fight to stay there. In the finale sprint, guys try to go from too far out. Follow wheels that are moving up until 200 to go when they allow you to use both sides of the ride. Follow the fastest moving wheels and try to come around 1 more person at the line.

Saturday I have Kelly Cup Crit in Baltimore, it's only 10 miles but very twisty turny, so should be interesting.

Then on Sunday Sam and Drew (son) have a tri, not sure how long hers is but his is 50M swim, 1.8Mi Bike and 1k run.  So jam packed weekend.

Monday I think we are pool and cookout bound.

2011-05-25 8:07 AM

User image

Expert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia

Yeah what he ^^^ said.  Lots of bike races and my first tri of the year.  A nice little sprint that should give me an opportunity to not crash my new bike since I can barely get in aero and shift at the same time.

Very excited that my son is racing as well.  He too is excited and has been hitting the pool w/ swim team and biking w/ Dad.  Hopefully he'll have enough energy left for the run.  He was a little soft at Rev3 in teh adventure race.  ;-)

2011-05-25 8:09 AM

User image

Expert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia

Also happy to report the spring ballet recital for my daughter went very well.  She was as cute as could be and had a ball.

Congrats to all the proud parents and grandparents out there.  Lots of wonderful kid moments both young and old.  Just goes to show how all the little moments in life w/ the kiddos are precise.

2011-05-25 8:37 AM

User image

Master
Tosa, WI
SSMinnow - 2011-05-25 5:29 AM

As my daughters would tell me, "this is whats on tap for this weekend!"      

And I couldn't be more excited about it.  Hopefully I will get to float, hammer, & jog some, while getting the rest of life somewhat caught up!

Good luck to all the Racers ......      REPRESENT!!!

2011-05-25 9:10 AM
in reply to: #3517539

User image

Champion
sdalessio - 2011-05-25 8:09 AM

Also happy to report the spring ballet recital for my daughter went very well.  She was as cute as could be and had a ball.

Congrats to all the proud parents and grandparents out there.  Lots of wonderful kid moments both young and old.  Just goes to show how all the little moments in life w/ the kiddos are precise.

Ballet pics please!

2011-05-25 9:20 AM

User image

Champion
SSMinnow - 2011-05-25 5:29 AM

The Shain's are kicking off the summer season in Minocqua!  Boat goes in the water on Friday....there won't be any OWS for me however, the water temps are 45F.  Instead a little biking, a little running and a lot of hangin out with our friends!

2011-05-25 9:42 AM

User image

Master
Silverton, Oregon
SSMinnow - 2011-05-25 3:29 AM

I'm running the Coeur d'alene Marathon on Sunday. Just for fun training run really... my strategy is to take it easy and stay mentally strong toward the end so I don't slow to a shuffle. It's on the same course as the run for IMCDA, so I'll  be thinking of Kyla since she'll be running it in a few weeks after a 2.4 mile swim and 112 mile bike, amazing!

I'm, also, turning 41 Friday. Meeting my eldest daughter's new boyfriend, and going to Silverwood Theme Park with them (haven't decided if Sunday or Monday after the marathon would be best). And, visiting all my Spokane relatives this weekend, so it's going to be a busy one!

2011-05-25 9:45 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
fowlmood - 2011-05-24 10:31 PM

Congratulations to you and your son.  Wonderful accomplishment and a great day.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN fast, furious, and closed Rss Feed  

of 298